You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Seargent_Nigel

Changing ships in Arsenal

11 comments in this topic

Players
112 posts
10,308 battles

How often do the ships you can obtain change in the Arsenal?

I am referring to the ships under the "Ships" heading, the ones that you can exchange/buy for coal

I'm not fancying any of them and hope there will be some coming along that I might like.

• Cool 1

[BOA2Y]
Beta Tester
4,730 posts
20,994 battles

Alaska is expected to be next, but (hopefully) for Free XP, not coal.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,657 battles
1 hour ago, Seargent_Nigel said:

I am referring to the ships under the "Ships" heading, the ones that you can exchange/buy for coal

I'm not fancying any of them and hope there will be some coming along that I might like.

Don't think they have rotated just yet, but more ships will be added sooner or later

1 hour ago, 22cm said:

Alaska is expected to be next, but (hopefully) for Free XP, not coal.

Congratulations on your answer having nothing to do with his question :cap_tea:

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
6,829 posts
7,602 battles

I wonder what you are waiting for then?

Maybe you could wait for Neutrashimy being a coal ship, but i guess that might take some time (and it could aswell be FreeXP or any other really). But since it will be T9 i bet my money on FreeXP/Coal

Players
54 posts
10,460 battles

Nothing has been set in stone as regards to Alaska being exchanged coal or free xp and is expected in patch 8.0 in Jan next yr, could be both who knows, Kronshtadt and mushy to be removed from aresnal.

[MORIA]
Beta Tester
911 posts
13,693 battles
Vor 8 Stunden, Seargent_Nigel sagte:

And to finally trying to answer the question as the 5th guy responding: so far they have not removed any ships from offer in the Arsenal, just additions; we do not know whether WG will remove any ships in the future (Musashi will be removed only from freeXP offer, I  think). Furthermore we do not know how often new ships will be introduced to the Arsenal.

[PUPSI]
Privateer
8,714 posts
Vor 57 Minuten, Donnerturm sagte:

Musashi will be removed only from freeXP offer, I  think

the patchnotes are quite clear imho

Zitat

Starting from update 0.8.0, Tier IX ships Musashi and Kronshtadt will no longer be available to purchase with Free XP and also cannot be obtained for Coal in the game client.

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
2,269 posts
31,944 battles

If you look at them it is reasonable to believe that they may bring in low/mid tier ships that may not been the obvious choices in the shop for real money and/or are somewhat old. Also ships that have been given away for free in other events.

Ships that come to mind as possible additions: Indianapolis, Murmansk, Marblehead and the like. 

[SM0KE]
Players
3,567 posts
9,207 battles
20 hours ago, Seargent_Nigel said:

The unhelpful answer is that we don't really know yet - the Arsenal is still a new thing, and WG haven't given specific details of how they see it changing/developing.

I suspect you will see a periodic shake-up/clear-out, otherwise it will get stale; that's quite apart from it being used every so often as a way to give out prizes from the specials that get run (in the manner of the RN event, and the Sharks/Eagles thing earlier in the year).

[-TPF-]
Players
2,432 posts
11,045 battles
19 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

I wonder what you are waiting for then?

Admiral Makarov? Where did that ship go? 

I hope they do change the ships in the Arsenal as - frankly - I've had them all, darling, at least at the middle Tiers. Derping my way up to a Salem or Jean Bart might take a while and be more trouble that it's worth.  Any chance of that RN Arethusa ? Deutschland, maybe?  I hear they make new editions of ships by painting them different colours, these days.... how hard can it be?