Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
quttu

English speaking Commanders

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[KINGS]
[KINGS]
Players
18 posts
10,229 battles

So is there any way to have Alexander Ovechin speaking english instead of Russian which i dont UNDERSTAND... and English instead?

 

Just to clarify, its the Russian Alexander Ovechkin for RUSSIAN ships, not the US/American ships one im talking about!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DSPA]
Players
386 posts
2,631 battles
2 minutes ago, quttu said:

So is there any way to have Alexander Ovechin speaking english instead of Russian which i dont UNDERSTAND... and English instead?

You should have gone for the US free one. Clearly you didn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[KINGS]
[KINGS]
Players
18 posts
10,229 battles

I have 2 Alexander OVechkin , one for Russian and one for US/American ships, and its the Russian one im referring to!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DSPA]
Players
386 posts
2,631 battles
1 minute ago, quttu said:

Yeah got the US one ... but he is for American ships... and the russian is for Russian ships.... and its the russian ships one im talking about....

Than go to setup and set everything in English. Doesn't that work for that commander?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AAO]
Players
1,803 posts
9,591 battles
4 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Don't use national voiceovers? Just select English as your commander audio

I don't know about other ppl, but I don't mind not understanding japanese or russian, if it means I also hear the German commander go hysterical with his "Hauptturm explodiert" (sp?) ;)

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,036 posts
5,791 battles
33 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

I don't know about other ppl, but I don't mind not understanding japanese or russian, if it means I also hear the German commander go hysterical with his "Hauptturm explodiert" (sp?) ;)

Yes, it's not as if they are going to tell you something interesting.   Like "they're behind you" (yes, it's Panto season)....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SLAPP]
Beta Tester
353 posts
10,036 battles

The German Fire Alarm! and French Penetraaattiion alone mean I can't play with just english anymore

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,722 posts
7,563 battles

I've several Dahsa commanders and had the same issue.  Whatever I did I couldn't stop her and the ice  hockey guy talking gibberish. Solved it by adding the Mermaid's Wrath pack from Aslain's pack.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
427 posts
3,810 battles
41 minutes ago, PassTheSalt said:

The German Fire ALert! and French Penetraaattiion alone mean I can't play with just english anymore

Yeah, it adds a certain level of atmosphere. And the French ones are probably the best, the Captain gets so worked up over everything!

8 minutes ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

Solved it by adding the Mermaid's Wrath pack from Aslain's pack.

Is that voice mod any good? I saw a video on the forums somewhere and it seemed alright.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,722 posts
7,563 battles
19 minutes ago, Centurion_1711 said:

Yeah, it adds a certain level of atmosphere. And the French ones are probably the best, the Captain gets so worked up over everything!

Is that voice mod any good? I saw a video on the forums somewhere and it seemed alright.

 

It's quite funny.  Which doesn't seem to get less funny over time.  The voice acting talent is of quite considerable quality. Well i like it.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
427 posts
3,810 battles
7 minutes ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

It's quite funny.  Which doesn't seem to get less funny over time.  The voice acting talent is of quite considerable quality. Well i like it.

Sounds good, I might try it fir a change. Do I find the download online?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,722 posts
7,563 battles
52 minutes ago, Centurion_1711 said:

Sounds good, I might try it fir a change. Do I find the download online?

I install Aslain's pack for better ship icons, some GUI tweaks, camouflage remover and the voice over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,722 posts
7,563 battles
39 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

I'd like to see if the commander on PERTH speaks Aussie slang...

 

 

The best thing I've seen in a while...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AS13]
Players
2,458 posts
2,499 battles
Just now, Hedgehog1963 said:

The best thing I've seen in a while...

I have heard them speak like that... bloody oath mate! 

Have been there for over a year, basically, that is how I sound too as a result of it... :Smile-_tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,036 posts
5,791 battles
13 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

I have heard them speak like that... bloody oath mate! 

Have been there for over a year, basically, that is how I sound too as a result of it... :Smile-_tongue:

 Don't you mean "strewth, I've heard them speak like that".....

 

I grew up in Perth and while some people do speak like that they were fairly rare (about as rare as Hen's Teeth, Rocking Horse Crap......)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AS13]
Players
2,458 posts
2,499 battles
10 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

 Don't you mean "strewth, I've heard them speak like that".....

 

I grew up in Perth and while some people do speak like that they were fairly rare (about as rare as Hen's Teeth, Rocking Horse Crap......)

I went there and worked at CSIRO Sydney North Ryde for asbout 6 months or so.

But then I also went bushbush up north Bananabender country, and into the back of Bourke...

...and they all speak like that there. Chockers with fair dinkum bogans there. 

After that trip I came back to Sydney using the same lingo...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×