Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
howardxu_23

Is snap shooting/quick scoping with ijn bbs better?

6 comments in this topic

Players
399 posts
857 battles

I think I have a theory why people say that ijn bbs are accurate, it is probably because their aiming skill has gone to a point where they can eyeball shots semi reliably, but it may be conformation bias, but It does feel this way.

Lately I feel that my nagato has gotten inaccurate for whatever reason, lock on bug or not, while My brother in his friggin baryen of all things can actually land hits. Then I came upon this behaviours in the last 3 battles:

first battle: there was a Iowa about 22km away from me, but since it was the only thing around and all but 3 of the enimies are dead, I quickly eyeballed the shot(I don’t think I even gave enough lead, pls I’m using the static one, calibrated for 20 knots and the iwoa was going at full speed) and fired. Result? 2x citadels (did not die cause he did camp all day at the back) dismissed that as rng.

2nd battle I came across a Aoba, this time at 13km, defiantly within nagato’s effective range, but I keep overpenning and missing it non stop till it went behind a island(it was full broadside the entire time, if I had my way it would have been vaporised instantly) Was taking the time to aim the entire time. a Farragut appeared at 15km later in the battle, and since I had ended up in a place where the Farragut is pretty much the only thing to shoot at, eyeballed it and fired. Result is that the dd lost pretty much all of its hp form 6 overpens. Then found a stationary New Orleans pointing its bow at me. Now it would have been an instant deletion with nagato’ 41cm guns, but the result is that he only lost a small chunk of his hp after 4 of my salvos(most of them missed) before I got killed from HE spam (he was pretty much the only person spotting me the entire time, of I had vaporised him right there I may have lived. I even used sequential fire to spread the last 2 salvos in desperation, which is pretty much the only thing that dealt damage)

3rd battle enemy and my team went full lemming train to the other side, so I spent most of the time trying to shoot dds, not doing much then cause I was actually trying to aim at the dds using the crosshairs. Baltimore showed up on my side just I reloaded my guns so I quickly eyeballed the shot( if you are tying to shoot dds then there will always be torps coming your way) and fired. Result? Batlimore gets vaporised. Bounus: the Baltimore then called me a hacker.

should probably play more battles to confirm it, but it does somewhat feel that ijn bbs are better for quick scoping, and probably turn on replays while at it but of these battles as of now feels that the less time you spend on looking at the numbers on the crosshairs, the more hits you will get in the ijn bbs.

[HOO]
Players
1,770 posts
1,636 battles

It's more that you've played the ship so much you just know it so well you automaticly compensate.

I'm the same with my Cromwell on wot, routinely pull off shots without needing to go to sniper view.

• Cool 2

Players
399 posts
857 battles
2 minutes ago, fallenkezef said:

It's more that you've played the ship so much you just know it so well you automaticly compensate.

I'm the same with my Cromwell on wot, routinely pull off shots without needing to go to sniper view.

Fair point.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles

Yeah, just the case of "you are used to it" together with "you don't overthink it".

Also if you are looking for "snapshots make me hit" - you'll see yourself hitting. Try looking for "snapshots make me miss" - weird how suddenly you notice yourself missing all the time :Smile_trollface: Confirmation bias is a funny thing

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
1,770 posts
1,636 battles

For years, literaly, wows has been my brainless, switch off and have fun game. 

But there have been moments and ships that I have taken setiously. Back when Hood came out I bought the massive collection with all the flags and devoted myself to using the Belfast and flags to grind out 2 19pt captains.

Playing that one ship nonestop for two months burned me out but I got the captains and was able to estimate and range brilliantly by the end of it.

Didnt hurt that there where so many noob Bismarks from the event to farm.

Sign in to follow this