Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Newman

Salty kids reporting for no reason

22 comments in this topic

Players
89 posts
10,585 battles

I know karma doesn't affect much, other than the amount of compliments / reports you can dish out each day, but I still find it somewhat annoying when you get reported by a salty enemy because you dared kill them in a pvp game.

My suggestion is simple: disable the option of reporting an enemy player if he scored at the top of the scoreboard. These kinds of reports are pretty much all just made by immature kids screaming "aimbot" because they don't want to admit to themselves they've been outplayed, anyway.

(to be honest, reporting someone for "poor gameplay" is a ridiculous option to begin with - if wg banned all the bad players they can close their company and declare bankruptcy right now, it's clearly just an "I'm not happy" button for salty kids to push - ideally reports should be exclusively for chat violations or suspicions of using hacks, which can then be checked on by wg and appropriate action can be taken).

[-TXG-]
Players
2,431 posts
6 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

I know karma doesn't affect much, other than the amount of compliments / reports you can dish out each day, but I still find it somewhat annoying when you get reported by a salty enemy because you dared kill them in a pvp game.

My suggestion is simple: disable the option of reporting an enemy player if he scored at the top of the scoreboard. These kinds of reports are pretty much all just made by immature kids screaming "aimbot" because they don't want to admit to themselves they've been outplayed, anyway.

(to be honest, reporting someone for "poor gameplay" is a ridiculous option to begin with - if wg banned all the bad players they can close their company and declare bankruptcy right now, it's clearly just an "I'm not happy" button for salty kids to push - ideally reports should be exclusively for chat violations or suspicions of using hacks, which can then be checked on by wg and appropriate action can be taken).

Enough abusive morons finish top of the HP. Are they then immune from reports? 

Just ignore Karma, it means nothing.

• Cool 4

[CU]
Players
312 posts
3,469 battles
10 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

From what I can gather it's there as a way to vent, which it does ok.

Players
89 posts
10,585 battles

Like, I understand some of the responses - it's not exactly a huge issue, and I'm not claiming it is, merely a mild annoyance. Personally I'd prefer it if salty, ragy kids just smashed their keyboards in the comfort of their parent's homes, rather than reporting people who outplayed them, but that's just me :)

Again, not a big issue either way. Just a thought.

Players
420 posts
9,671 battles
1 minute ago, Captain_Newman said:

Like, I understand some of the responses - it's not exactly a huge issue, and I'm not claiming it is, merely a mild annoyance. Personally I'd prefer it if salty, ragy kids just smashed their keyboards in the comfort of their parent's homes, rather than reporting people who outplayed them, but that's just me :)

Again, not a big issue either way. Just a thought.

Some only have axes to grind cause they are frustrated.

Ignore that it does not influence your gameplay :)

But the funny picture sums it up ;)

Players
89 posts
10,585 battles
3 minutes ago, The_Reichtangle said:

Some only have axes to grind cause they are frustrated.

Ignore that it does not influence your gameplay :)

But the funny picture sums it up ;)

It sure does :)

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
2,661 posts

Being at the top of scoreboard doesn't necessarily mean that you did much for the team or to win the game.

Teamplay and playing for the objective are not exactly the best rewarded items on the resultscreen.

[NWP]
Players
4,363 posts
6,236 battles

Id like to add that you can report someone while the game is still going on. So if you do that, would it count if you are not top of the scoreboard or wouldnt it count if you are no 1.? Seems a bit questionable.

Also i sometimes feel that your own teammates tend to report you far more often because they are more salty than the enemy (can be some exceptions like playing smoke Cruiser :cap_haloween:)

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,527 posts
14,979 battles
22 minutes ago, Andy_the_Cupid_Stunt said:

Just been called a hacker, abused and reported for torping a DD in smoke. Not going to let it ruin my day.

Hehe, been there done that. Torp'd a Shima with a Mogami from 4km away once, because he did not spot me... Oh well, in fairness I was hiding behind an island at the time slowly moving forward so I could not be seen (there was an angry Yammy there too so) and the torps ARE rather conveniently located in Mogami's pretty butt* but annyhow. Obviously hacking there....:Smile_veryhappy:

No reason to take it seriously though. Mayhap it is a sign of success (at the least that is my excuse)? :Smile_great:

• Cool 1

[-TXG-]
Players
2,431 posts
19 minutes ago, Andy_the_Cupid_Stunt said:

Just been called a hacker, abused and reported for torping a DD in smoke. Not going to let it ruin my day.

TBH when this happens to me (accused of hacking for killing a ship) I just laugh and thank them for a compliment.

Never abuse your killer in game.....it mostly makes their day. :Smile_Default:

[SQRL]
Players
136 posts
11,062 battles

I've had one or two "how dare you shoot" me. But it's mostly, as others have mentioned, the "you're a hacker/cheat I'm going to report you"

And in quite a lot of cases everybody on both sides pretty tells that person they are stupid for not knowing the game mechanics (e.g. shooting in smoke, hydro etc) - although that's usually after I've fired a sarcastic shell back to Mr/Ms angry

[ONE2]
Players
2,527 posts
14,979 battles
On 11/27/2018 at 2:37 PM, Beaker71 said:

I've had one or two "how dare you shoot" me. But it's mostly, as others have mentioned, the "you're a hacker/cheat I'm going to report you"

And in quite a lot of cases everybody on both sides pretty tells that person they are stupid for not knowing the game mechanics (e.g. shooting in smoke, hydro etc) - although that's usually after I've fired a sarcastic shell back to Mr/Ms angry

Yeah, ridiculous behavior nevertheless tho. I have had a few (luckily not many) occasions of detonating from a single hit or of a Yamato or Monty blowing me out of the water from 25km away, which I did not feel too good about but my bad in the first place for driving straight so long. So I've resolved just to swallow the bitter oill and compliment the fellow instead. Because well, bloody good shooting anyway and hope to have that guy in our team the next time eh? :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

Players
89 posts
10,585 battles
1 minute ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Yeah, ridiculous behavior nevertheless tho. I have had a few (luckily not many) occasions of detonating from a single hit of of a Yamato or Monty blowing me out of the water from 25km away. But I've resolved just to swallow the bitter oill and compliment the fellow instead. because well, bloody good shooting anyway and hope to have that guy in our team the next time eh? :Smile_Default:

That's the adult response. Welcome to the 1% :) (at least, it feels that way sometimes)

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,527 posts
14,979 battles
1 minute ago, Captain_Newman said:

That's the adult response. Welcome to the 1% :) (at least, it feels that way sometimes)

Well, you could say that I have a slight advantage to most in that respect, despite of what my wife says... :Smile_popcorn:

image.png.2be3fe5a417e423d986d481bfd9d7814.png

• Funny 1

Players
1 post
3,098 battles

Notser says quite rightly: "You should be nice to everyone ..." - I was just reported because I torpedoed and sunk a sleeping FUSO with a T-61. The enemy Danish teammate assumes cheating in such an occurrence.

[-CC-]
Players
198 posts
12,301 battles

Possibly the dumbest reason I have ever been reported was by an Omaha, after he was first torpedoed and then gunned down by a smoked up enemy Nicholas, for being a "useless CV". After all, I had only just spotted the Nicholas, shot down the enemy attack planes nearby and sunk the enemy carrier, with my fighters circling directly above the Omaha. There was another allied CV in the game who had also done well, and whose fighters were also above the Omaha, and he was not spared either. I guess we should have reached through his monitor, pushed him away from his computer, seized control of his ship and avoided the obvious ambush for him.

[SNUBS]
Players
1,293 posts
6,853 battles
On 11/27/2018 at 2:15 PM, Captain_Newman said:

disable the option of reporting an enemy player if he scored at the top of the scoreboard.

the report system is broken yes ppl reporting left and right mostly because they can.

Butt then again karma is useless annyways.

but getting up top on the scoreboard does not always say you actualy did something usefull in fact a lot of times that guy  might even contributed to a loss.

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,371 posts
8,811 battles

Karma / report system = t1943.gif

* People report you if you are nice in chat. Saying Good luck & Have fun all can be enough to get you reported...

* People report you if you do not follow their orders

* People report you if you are playing with Premium ships (Kamikaze...)

* People report you if you do more damage then they do

* People report you if you get more kills then they do

* People report you if you sound your horn when they are sailing into/towards you when they are zoomed in and/or tunnelvisioning

* People report you when you get hit by their second line fired torps

* People report you if you do NOT sail through the v*gina of death on the Two Brothers map

* People report you if you DO sail through the v*gina of death on the Two Brothers map

* People report you if you put down a smoke screen fro left to right instead of right to left (this one actually happened to me...)

* People report you if you won the game for them after they died in the first minute of the battle.

* People from the enemy team report you if you kill them (really fun if you kill a complete division...)

* People report you for everything..........

Welcome to the Internet / Online Multiplayer Gaming where being friendly in a game can get you reported and/or teamkilled. t2412.gif

I got used to the fact that doing well ingame and/or being friendly in chat, grants you more negative karma (reports) than positive karma.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,238 posts
7,444 battles
28 minutes ago, MaxxyNL said:

* People report you if

you radar them

* People report you if you hydro them

* People report you if you citadel them

* People report you because you had more xp than them

* People report you because you got more than 2k base xp, cause that is impossible apparently

All of the above have happened to me not once, not twice, but countless times over the past year.

There really is no hope for humanity left.

edit: Oh, the reason how I know why they reported me is because they told me so, even going so far as messaging me after the game on how I'm clearly a cheater cause for example I got 2500 base xp.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this