You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Azrael_Ashemdion

Black Friday containers...broken?

31 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
357 posts
14,648 battles

Hi all - 

I've received a few of these containers now from missions and the daily rewards thing, and each one was "Type 59" camo - that part is right.  

But there were only 2 units in each container.  That isn't right.  Anyone else seeing this happen to them?  Definitely not shelling out cash for this crap if this is normal. 

Thanks - 

Az

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator
254 posts
10,958 battles

There are premium and regular Black Friday containers. The ones from the mission are the regular kind. These contain less loot that the ones bought from the shop. But they still have a chance for the premium ships. It's how these things always work. 

Check the premium shop to see what the those can contain. 

• Cool 2

[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,131 posts
27,986 battles

I received a black container from the daily calendar, it had 4 x shadow lurker camos, I thought that was normal.

Black Friday containers are coming to the game! They can bring you one of the following items:
 bbeb5cf0-ecbb-11e8-a339-38eaa735f4cc_330  Tirpitz B
Atago B
Asashio B
Massachusetts B
2x "Type 59" camo
250 doubloons
1 day of Premium Account time
5,000 Free XP
4x "Shadow Lurker" camo

[JRM]
Players
3,367 posts
18,792 battles

Free boxes next to worthless? What a surprise... Working as intended id say

• Funny 2

Players
1,393 posts
12,202 battles

There are two types of black Friday containers. 

Sold with real cash - those give 10 type 59 or 20 shadow lurker. 

Won in game - those gives 2 type 59 or 4 shadow lurker

• Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Privateer
8,708 posts
Vor 10 Minuten, Azrael_Ashemdion sagte:

That isn't right. 

sure it is

Vor 10 Minuten, Azrael_Ashemdion sagte:

Definitely not shelling out cash for this crap if this is normal. 

standard container (for free) =/= premium container (in shop)

[SHAD]
Players
938 posts

I've found the premium version to be better than the disappointing  Yamamato super containers i've been receiving recently. 

Camos are OK and the drop rate for ships seems to be quite good.

[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,606 posts
10,370 battles

The black crate made of pixels is worth more than the contents of most of the crates themselves, don't expect anything and you won't be disappointed.

• Funny 2

Beta Tester
357 posts
14,648 battles
7 hours ago, Kysmet said:

There are premium and regular Black Friday containers.

Aha, I didn't realize that - thanks for the clue.  Much appreciated.

Az

[SCRUB]
Players
2,263 posts
13,470 battles
8 hours ago, Azrael_Ashemdion said:

Hi all -

I've received a few of these containers now from missions and the daily rewards thing, and each one was "Type 59" camo - that part is right.  

But there were only 2 units in each container.  That isn't right.  Anyone else seeing this happen to them?  Definitely not shelling out cash for this crap if this is normal. 

Thanks - 

Az

Working as intended Comrade!

I envy you. From last few SC I only got camos, so now I have to use something like 400 of them... That's a lot of playing... Sigh... No time to find girlfriend again...

• Funny 3

[BIA]
Beta Tester
382 posts
3,608 battles

today i open regular black friday crate (get him after log in to the game)...  miracle

shot-18.11.27_16.14.56-0617.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Angry 1

[BBMM]
Players
4,251 posts
4,827 battles
13 minutes ago, Eraser_SK said:

today i open regular black friday crate (get him after log in to the game)...  miracle

If I get one.... sure disaster... will for sure be a DERPitz.... :Smile_hiding:

[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,606 posts
10,370 battles

Absolute funny stuff. I've purchased two black friday crates so far, one here, one there, both camos. Today I thought 'mmm, lets spend that last bit of cash in paypal (around £4 or so), maybe I'll get lucky and get the massachusetts B, I already have the regular versions of the others. You know where this story is going?

So I buy another one for posterity. Open it, and there is the Massachusetts B, now in my port and looking all shiny and black as the night sky.

So I have a tier 8 BB for around £12. Happy with that.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
4,215 posts
17,290 battles
7 minutes ago, Shaka_D said:

So I have a tier 8 BB for around £12. Happy with that.

12 quid for a Massachusetts? For me that sounds utterly OP - as in: overpriced - but that's just because I wouldn't pay anything at all for some ships and american BBs are on that list... ^^

• Cool 1

Players
560 posts
4,696 battles
2 hours ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

12 quid for a Massachusetts? For me that sounds utterly OP - as in: overpriced - but that's just because I wouldn't pay anything at all for some ships and american BBs are on that list... ^^

the disrespect flowing from your finger tips.......

[SIEGE]
Players
79 posts
7,020 battles
3 hours ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

I wouldn't pay anything at all for some ships and american BBs are on that list

What a fantastic idea, relegate yourself to playing only certain types of ships, and ignore others... not based on any form of objective issue, just personal bias :Smile_facepalm:

[MORIA]
Beta Tester
911 posts
13,693 battles
Vor 4 Stunden, RegularLogic sagte:

What a fantastic idea, relegate yourself to playing only certain types of ships, and ignore others... not based on any form of objective issue, just personal bias :Smile_facepalm:

Errr.... this is exactly how it should be done. This is for fun, so you only play ships that you like. Personal bias? I say aye.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,263 posts
13,470 battles
8 hours ago, RegularLogic said:

Lol... It is a game. You play want you want and what gives you most fun, not because Flamu said something is good or not... :Smile_facepalm:

Great logic... Oh wait.... :Smile_veryhappy:

3 hours ago, Donnerturm said:

Errr.... this is exactly how it should be done. This is for fun, so you only play ships that you like. Personal bias? I say aye.

Exactly. I'm biased towards everything that I like!

• Cool 2

[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,606 posts
10,370 battles

I don't think that's what he (RegularLogic) meant. To me it sounds like he's referring to an external bias or something, i.e a dislike of US BB's for a reason other than the way they play. Must be,  because there is nothing wrong with the Missouri, and my first game in my Massachussets got me 170 000 damage and it plays really well. And these are only two. I'm not sure Deckeru's preferences relate to gameplay, hence the reason I say external biases.

In this respect it's silly imho, but each to their own and as you all say, we all chose ships we prefer to play, but my choices are based on ships I hate playing because I hate the way they play or don't fit my play style.

Edit: Deckeru doesn't seem to have many US BB's in the first place (I could be wrong) so perhaps his judgement is purely subjective and grossly uninformed, which looking at his account ships it seems to be the case. But who knows.

We think before we shoot someone down.

Beta Tester
4,215 posts
17,290 battles
19 hours ago, RegularLogic said:

Yeah, I know... not really politically correct, right? I should really play all ships alike, without favouring a class or nationality or gend... oops...

19 hours ago, RegularLogic said:

"I don't like those ships" is about as objective a reason I can think of.

11 hours ago, Shaka_D said:

Deckeru doesn't seem to have many US BB's in the first place (I could be wrong) so perhaps his judgement is purely subjective and grossly uninformed, which looking at his account ships it seems to be the case. But who knows.

Haven't played my US BBs in quite a while (except the Arkham Horror B, which holds a special place in my heart...) due to them feeling all kinda meh to me. I don't like their looks... I don't like their playstyle (no real secondaries... meh...) and I don't like them, because they are US ships. It's about the same with US Cruisers and most russian ships.. I just can't find a way to like them enough to spend time playing them...

So yes, I have utterly personal preferences which don't have to do anything with things like "performance". In some cases it even makes a ship that is supposed to play bad even more desireable for me... Looking at you, Crispy Creme...

I just wonder why You think I might be "uninformed" about US BBs? I can read, You know... and if I wanted, I also could watch videos about them, which I don't think that useful, as I meet enough of them in battle to see what they can do and what they can't... And - funny fact - I didn't even say that I would consider US BBs as "bad". I just don't like them and the way they have to be played. There's some other ships available that are considered "great ships" or even "OP" which I also don't manage to like enough to make me play them.

And yes, my reasons - as personal as they are - do relate to "Gameplay", just not to "Game Mechanics". US BBs aren't made for my playstyle, as potatoish it might be. I'd rather lick windows in the BBs of other nations. Maybe because they have game mechanical features I prefer, maybe I just find them more optically pleasant. In the end, I rather wonder why some people seem to be so utterly attacked personally to react like they did above, just because I don't like some pixels in a game... *lol*

• Cool 2

Players
200 posts

@Deckeru_ Maiku your right,  I play some ships as they are aesthetically pleasing,  and sometimes certain ships and Tiers just to slow the game down instead of frantic pace battles in DD's or glass-bottomed fire starters. Nowadays I find I am just selecting a ship to complete missions and you find that quite a few of the ships you have given up on are totally OP!  That's why I will never have a good service record. It used to be 52% but now it is 55% so getting there, and that's using some crappy aesthetically pleasing ships like the RN line. 

Question,  so the " Black Friday Containers "  in the " Thankful & Grateful mission " are just the regular containers and that includes the final container ?

[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,606 posts
10,370 battles
12 hours ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

I'd rather lick windows in the BBs of other nations. Maybe because they have game mechanical features I prefer, maybe I just find them more optically pleasant. In the end, I rather wonder why some people seem to be so utterly attacked personally to react like they did above, just because I don't like some pixels in a game... *lol*

Thanks for the explanation. Yes, I can see your point of view but in no way was I attacking you (if it's me you're referring to - there's a difference between an attack and trying to figure out the meanings behind vague responses). Your motivations for not liking bb's were not clear at all in your initial post, leaving it wide open to speculation. Someone speculated, then I speculated further. Yes, I personally find your reasons rather impractical, but we all play certain ships based on subjective preferences, yours just extend further down that path.

I love brit ships, but play all ships, recognise them all for their worth and the ones I don't play are the ones I can't make work for me, that might not fit my playstyle. Some ships I don't like the look of and that may influence how much I play them, but I'd still play them if they were battle-worthy.

You obviously have very very strong biases for some reason against the US  (vessels?) and maybe others which is all I can rightly assume from the fact you say things like 'I don't like them because they are US ships". It seems short-sighted to judge ships based purely on the fact they belong to a certain nation but It's your life and we all have different preferences, just don't take such offence. You were not being insulted.

EDIT: And with reference to this: "I don't like those ships" is about as objective a reason I can think of" - this is subjective, and not even remotely objective. Once again, nothing wrong with it, but its based on your preference, not from any neutral pov.

[NWP]
Players
1,069 posts
8,777 battles

US BB hater above is denying himself some of the most fun ships - NC and Massachusetts are fun because they are so effective and reward an initially patient then swashbuckling (mid-late game) flanking playstyle.

• Cool 1