You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
bbertuss

Unbalanced Matchmaking

79 comments in this topic

[NUNC]
Players
1 post
11,628 battles

EDIT

Look at this!! This happens so often, if you guys want to improve the game then do something about these unbalanced MM. It is not possible to win every game one after antother or lose every gamne one after another.

But it does happen. And stop putting T8 everytime together with T10, they are no match.

Edited by Kampa1987
Naming and shaming
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
15,933 posts
11,179 battles

Then he should take a look at the number of games the WR is based on and how meaningful such a WR is....

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
621 posts

This is like the winchance calculations on xvm in wot.

And xvm calculated on a given tank and not overall.

But I'd advise u to uninstall the entire program and play the game for what it is....A game.

Stat programs are cancer to games.

• Cool 10
  • Boring 1

[BOATY]
[BOATY]
Players
664 posts
9,658 battles

That's funny... Your MM monitor considers battle performance of players with less than 10 battles.

Interpreting stats without context is like fortune telling. 

As @siramra said - forget about stats and enjoy the game.

It is RNG! Sometimes you get good players, sometimes you don't. There is no guarantee that a general "good" player will not throw a game because of over confidence and some times you may have an accidental hero with red stats. 

P. S. You are showing stats for t5 game. A reminder that this tear is played generally by new players but some of them returns few months later when they have better understanding over the game mechanics, so your rant is even more laughable :Smile_child:

Players
61 posts
1,280 battles

Hello. 

Unfortunately I had to delete the picture with stats, since it included names of players. If you want to show some stats, please do it without the names. 

Thank you  

Players
229 posts
7,231 battles
2 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

+2/-2 MM is not unbalanced. Both teams are equal.

Actually it is, especially concerning the massive powercreep gap between T8 and T10, but i have to ask which are you, ignorant or invested.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
15,933 posts
11,179 battles
Just now, KHETTIFER said:

Actually it is, especially concerning the massive powercreep gap between T8 and T10, but i have to ask which are you, ignorant or invested.

Both teans have the same number of Tier X and VIII ships...

---> both teams are equal

• Boring 1

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

Ah poor OP. He wanted to go sealclubbing and he got thrown into a match with only seals! LMAO!!!

Players
229 posts
7,231 battles
58 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Both teans have the same number of Tier X and VIII ships...

---> both teams are equal

so no need to factor in player skill/knowledge because that isn't a deciding factor at all? and the answer to my previous question is clearly ignorant.

• Cool 1

[-AP-]
Players
747 posts
2,918 battles

Stats can be very useful in these kind of games, but not used in this way.

In world of tanks for example, i use xvm where it shows every players overall wn8 and winrate. These stats should not be used to calculate you win chance or anything like that, that is totally detrimental and inaccurate. They are however ever so important for figuring out an opponents playstyle. Example:

Im alone vs an enemy tank with a high wn8 and a low winrate: The only way to get such stats is to camp, i can now play accordingly.

I get into a duel vs a guy with very low wn8 and winrate: He most likely has no clue about weakspots, so if i have a decently armored tank, i can push into him and bully him.

I am alone vs a player with very high wn8 and winrate: He will almost do the most efficient thing at any given moment, i can use this to predict exactly what he is going to do. Bad players are hard to predict, good players are easy to predict.

Stats are incredibly useful, but only if used correctly, otherwise they are detrimental to your playstyle

• Cool 1

[POP]
Players
342 posts
7,976 battles

I've been running a statmod for the most part of the last two years. This kind of team balance has been on the increase on my subjective observation.

tiimit2.thumb.png.52e3e2ccdfeab838eb51d4c2e431eac0.png

The whole match had just 1 2-man division which was on the enemy team. Random distribution of unicum divisions wasn't to blame.

Now there is a clear financial reasons to not to favor a totally random distribution of players all the time. It is a business after all. We just need to figre out what are the triggers so we can rig the MM a bit more. :P

Players
229 posts
7,231 battles
1 hour ago, Altsak said:

I've been running a statmod for the most part of the last two years. This kind of team balance has been on the increase on my subjective observation.

tiimit2.thumb.png.52e3e2ccdfeab838eb51d4c2e431eac0.png

The whole match had just 1 2-man division which was on the enemy team. Random distribution of unicum divisions wasn't to blame.

Now there is a clear financial reasons to not to favor a totally random distribution of players all the time. It is a business after all. We just need to figre out what are the triggers so we can rig the MM a bit more. :P

Basically the match making system is designed to favour a certain cross section of the playerbase to support sales, ie match fixing, "Artificial" is a term i've mention to a lot of players and they have all been in agreement with this, and this is something i've heard from a lot of ex-WoT players.

Funny how no other pvp game with similar match making systems work even remotely like WG's titles.

• Cool 1

[WASP_]
Players
184 posts

Had this one today all too common I'm afraid. And to add injury to insult we had 5 AFK's at the start of the game 3 came back after 5 Mins or so but 2 remained AFK.

mrgWcRO.jpg

[IRON7]
Players
692 posts
512 battles

According to WG the Matchmaker 'is working as intended', therefore it is 'fixed', has been 'fixed', continues to be 'fixed' and will always be 'fixed'. Clear enough now?

• Funny 3

[SCRUB]
Players
7,715 posts
9,928 battles
On 11/27/2018 at 2:10 PM, KHETTIFER said:

Basically the match making system is designed to favour a certain cross section of the playerbase to support sales, ie match fixing [...]

Do you have something to back that up?

On 11/27/2018 at 2:10 PM, KHETTIFER said:

Funny how no other pvp game with similar match making systems work even remotely like WG's titles.

Examples?

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles
34 minutes ago, antean said:

According to WG the Matchmaker 'is working as intended'

Probably bcuz it is

[CATS]
Players
15,933 posts
11,179 battles
49 minutes ago, Merlin851526 said:

Had this one today all too common I'm afraid. And to add injury to insult we had 5 AFK's at the start of the game 3 came back after 5 Mins or so but 2 remained AFK.

mrgWcRO.jpg

AFK players are frustrating, but how should WG know who will be AFK or not?

On one hand players call WG incompetent and on the other hand they demand from WG to have psychic powers. Maybe demanding too much from WG is the problem is the first place?

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
672 posts
10,292 battles
On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 11:48 AM, Altsak said:

I suppose someone can write a statistical thesis on why an overall 40% win rate whilst being as much use as an AFK'er is a magic number.

[WASP_]
Players
184 posts
8 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

AFK players are frustrating, but how should WG know who will be AFK or not?

On one hand players call WG incompetent and on the other hand they demand from WG to have psychic powers. Maybe demanding too much from WG is the problem is the first place?

I think you may have missed my main point which was the opposing team line up. The AFK aspect was only an aside. At no point did I intimate that AFK players was WG fault.