Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
V_RASK

Win rate like never before - Player base

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[KRAKN]
Players
111 posts
13,661 battles

RANT WARNING: Only writing this to fume out, not expecting anything from anyone.

 

I have been trying my best for the last few days after the patch and my win rate stinks like the crap players surrounding the servers.

Most of the times I end up at the top by XP but ... no ...  throw-away teams are there to spoil your day !

It is EXHAUSTING,  trying to cover all the strategic holes in the map, do your kills, do your spotting & damage, ping the map and communicate, while teamates suicide left and right, simply drains the joy to play.

And its RIGGED ! After 10K battles players get screwed with the MM !  :Smile_smile:

 

Fast grind ruins the game 

When I started the game 3 years ago, my win rate was 47% and I was a TOTAL noob, didnt know I needed to press Shift  to aim for the first 40 matches and had not seen a single video about the game.

So in my mind this 47% is a good reference of how an average new player negatively influences the game result.

So, when I started, I had a negative influence of  -3% to the outcome of the battle which now has improved to a positive of +6%

 

I have counted and examined profiles of hundreds and hundreds of players with more than 8 - 10K battles and a WR still below 45% WR, even as low as 40%.

Just right click at the profile after each match and you realise how the player base is swarmed by bad stats.:fish_palm:

 

It is well expected that many players will be crappy, indifferent, not educated in game mechanics, or dont' really have it with video games.

That is fine when playing tiers 1-7, you sort of anticipate it, but for high tiers it is really dissapointing WG.

I understand that a lot of us enjoy shooting and explosions but in my mind, this is mostly a strategic game so winning is the goal.

How can you expect a player with  little experience to play with eyes on the mini-map?

 

 Ialso  see players with 500 battles in tier X ?  Seriously tier X ? How the heck do they grind it so fast?  Do they enjoy getting wrecked every game ? How can WG encourage this?

There should be some minimum battles fought/won limit for grinding each tier and NOT 10 pay-to-win battles with XP flags and cammos in co-op !

I see people with bad stats, 300 battles and owners of the tier X Salem or Jean Bart ! WTF ? How do they do it? Why allow them to climb so fast and crap the matchmaker ?

 

I appreciate the fact that it is business and money rules, but NO respect whatsoever for the time invested by players to reach high tiers.

After patiently grinding all my ships for 3 years without spending any free XP,  learning that each ship has its way to play well,  I start to dislike the high-tier end game.

 

 

  • Cool 11
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
542 posts
4,681 battles

this is why a lot of us have been asking for numbers of battles requirement to lock out each tier forcing players to learn the game before they get there but WG likes their $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
90 posts
9,282 battles

Humans are mostly idiots. Learning this game means a little bit of testing, reading, perfecting skills and trying out new tactics.

Most humans just want to have "fun". Reading, learning and using brains to think and analyze is not fun for many. That is why their stats and winrates are horrible. They will stay that way. 

They don't have the learning bug.

 

WG just wants us all in the same pot. They are making money while noobs are buying all the boats and enjoy(?) in being farmed by experienced players.

This isn't going to change. I tried to make topics about making two queues for noobs/bots and experienced players but those topics got shut down instantly.

This frustrates experienced players and they tend to leave this game slowly.

  • Cool 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TTT]
[TTT]
Moderator
1,244 posts
12,549 battles

Did we really need another thread complaining about other players? I think this has been discussed to death, resurrected and then discussed to death again.

And there are lots of people (myself included) that don't think the solution is to have different queues. I think that would be incredibly detrimental as it would mean that people don't really have a chance to see what good players can do and try to emulate them. I certainly learned by watching others.

 

I also think that if WG would incentivize things differently then the situation would change. As it stands, people don't yet have a reason to play well.

There's very little/no reward for tanking damage, potential damage, spotting, spotting torpedoes, smoking allies, getting cap defense ribbons... heck even capping isn't really rewarded that much. Certainly not as much as damage.

Fact of the matter is that until WG decide to give rewards for more than just damage, things won't change and having separate queues is a bad idea as it would only make the problem worse.

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,088 posts
4,821 battles

From a different pov:

WG doesn’t support switching servers. So I am happy with the current state, untill they let me transfer my account...

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
271 posts
8,614 battles

WG has no interest in match quality, balance or anything that makes a good game a good game.

This is  their way and what they are known for, they are universally known for making poorly balanced games, with p2w-ish elements and toxic playerbases, it's all about the illusion of greatness through presentation.

Expectations of something better is just sheer folly, they will continue to offer powercreeped boats, encourage bad players to spend money to get those T10 ships at the expense of the game itself.

This is easily one of the single worst gaming experience's you can have, not an opinion but a hard cold fact.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
869 posts
15,937 battles
4 hours ago, CraftyVeteran said:

this is why a lot of us have been asking for numbers of battles requirement to lock out each tier forcing players to learn the game before they get there but WG likes their $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

 

Its for sure a Bad  thing, thats some Players Rush to tiers too early. With camos, flags and premium  you can reach soon higher tiers when you concentrate on one line. 

 

The other problem are players with lots of battles still play much worse than these newbies. If you sort e.g. the wows Stats list and Search for Players with most battles  its amazing how much deep red players are there to find in the Top 100.  

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
90 posts
9,282 battles
2 hours ago, _Teob_ said:

Did we really need another thread complaining about other players? I think this has been discussed to death, resurrected and then discussed to death again.

And there are lots of people (myself included) that don't think the solution is to have different queues. I think that would be incredibly detrimental as it would mean that people don't really have a chance to see what good players can do and try to emulate them. I certainly learned by watching others.

 

I also think that if WG would incentivize things differently then the situation would change. As it stands, people don't yet have a reason to play well.

There's very little/no reward for tanking damage, potential damage, spotting, spotting torpedoes, smoking allies, getting cap defense ribbons... heck even capping isn't really rewarded that much. Certainly not as much as damage.

Fact of the matter is that until WG decide to give rewards for more than just damage, things won't change and having separate queues is a bad idea as it would only make the problem worse.

These threads will keep reappearing forever until WG does something about it. I and many others do agree totally with your reward mechanics complain and this has been discussed before. WG has failed to act on it. This also might discussed in the future again and again.

 

I have to disagree on giving people the chance to see good players play. I see so many players with thousands of games under their belt with horrible stats and no understanding of basics. I don't think they've ever really watched really good players perform in game or in youtube/twitch like you and me. They simply don't learn or educate themselves. We still see game after game of lemmingtrains, runaway teams and broadside sailing players without worries. They repeat this stuff on and on.

 

36 minutes ago, KHETTIFER said:

WG has no interest in match quality, balance or anything that makes a good game a good game.

This is  their way and what they are known for, they are universally known for making poorly balanced games, with p2w-ish elements and toxic playerbases, it's all about the illusion of greatness through presentation.

Expectations of something better is just sheer folly, they will continue to offer powercreeped boats, encourage bad players to spend money to get those T10 ships at the expense of the game itself.

This is easily one of the single worst gaming experience's you can have, not an opinion but a hard cold fact.

Pretty much this. This is close to being in a FPShooter with many hackers invading the servers. Quality goes bad fast. The deterioration has been going on for a long time.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TTT]
[TTT]
Moderator
1,244 posts
12,549 battles
11 minutes ago, Rautainen_Biisoni said:

These threads will keep reappearing forever until WG does something about it. I and many others do agree totally with your reward mechanics complain and this has been discussed before. WG has failed to act on it. This also might discussed in the future again and again.

 

I have to disagree on giving people the chance to see good players play. I see so many players with thousands of games under their belt with horrible stats and no understanding of basics. I don't think they've ever really watched really good players perform in game or in youtube/twitch like you and me. They simply don't learn or educate themselves. We still see game after game of lemmingtrains, runaway teams and broadside sailing players without worries. They repeat this stuff on and on.[...]

My initial point is basically hate the game not the players, in this particular case. As in there's no point complaining about players until WG does something to incentivize them differently.

 

Absolutely some people probably are beyond saving. And you will always have good and bad players.

But my point is that if we would segregate the population that disparity would be aggravated and players who would potentially learn and improve given enough time will have fewer chances to do so.

 

I genuinely believe that seeing people perform much better than you while sailing in the same ship is a powerful motivator.

Because at the end of the day, you cannot blame that on anything other than yourself - for example if you and someone else are sailing in the same ship and he ends up on top of the scoreboard with a kraken, you end up in the lower half with 23k dmg done,  you will start asking some questions eventually if you are so inclined.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,367 battles

If you want to encounter the worst of the worst, try to play twilight :Smile_trollface: 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Players
1,525 posts
3,059 battles

@V_RASKNot long after I started playing the game last year I posted this ...

 

 

Have faith, some of us haven't rushed up the tiers. I've just got my first T10, and whilst my stats in her atm are bad, I feel comfortable in her, I know the game mechanics and the meta, and most importantly, I know what I need to do to improve.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[IRON7]
Players
230 posts
1,182 battles
5 hours ago, CraftyVeteran said:

this is why a lot of us have been asking for numbers of battles requirement to lock out each tier forcing players to learn the game before they get there but WG likes their $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I can quite understand this notion myself.

Although to be fair, it is an issue in all three of their games.

 

Still though, who wouldn't want to sail the might Yamato as soon as possible? :cap_rambo:

So yes, bit quilty of this behaviour myself despite the fact that I should know better due to my experiences in WoT.

Not doing that horrible myself in my Amagi so far, but low sample size means it doesn't say much either.

Which is part of the reason why I've tried going up the KM, UK and MR BB lines, but I don't like those ships very much so far. :Smile_sceptic:

Too slow and poor turret traverse for my liking.

 

 

Oh well, at least hacks don't have much influence on the game results due to server-side calculations.

So there's at least that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Players
1,525 posts
3,059 battles

Number of battles will do nothing. The game allows you to fail your way up the tiers. You can loose every single battle you play and still get a T10. Yes it would take a long time, but you can still do it.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[COR3]
Players
885 posts
11,231 battles
16 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

Number of battles will do nothing. The game allows you to fail your way up the tiers. You can loose every single battle you play and still get a T10. Yes it would take a long time, but you can still do it.

True to form, and after 3 Years of constant and hard failing in the Mid Tiers the really bad have made it to T9 and up and it shows so bitterly hard.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×