Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ocsimano18

Alaska vs CV

18 comments in this topic

Players
78 posts
2,923 battles

My Taiho was matched against an Alaska today. His AA stats were hidden at the loading screen. We had the defend the base map type, and she went for capping our base while tmost of our team were a bit far off. I decided to attack her to slow down the capping and to test her AA. She decimated my first wave  of 3 TBs ans 2 bombers. I was relatively close to the base and sent a second wave soon which was decimated too. I don"t know if her defensive AA was still active, or managed to use  a second one in a short while. I don't normally attack high AA cruisers,

[WGB]
[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,122 posts
27,626 battles

Alaska has pretty lethal AA.

Alaska with AA Build

Anti Air
34X1 20 mm Oerlikon Mk4
DPS: 201.3 dps
Distance: 2.9 km

14X4 40 mm Bofors Mk2
DPS: 366.3 dps
Distance: 5.0 km

6X2 127 mm/38 Mk32
DPS: 297.0 dps
Distance: 7.2 km

• Funny 1

[TTT]
Players
4,562 posts
8,062 battles

if you want to (post match usually, unless you're very quick) check out these kind of stats on unreleased or premium ships, I can heartily recommend the excellent WoWs Fitting Tool at https://wowsft.com/

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,322 battles

Here's how to tell if any ship has strong AA:

Is the ship a USN ship? If yes - she has strong AA.

20 hours ago, Ocsimano18 said:

I don"t know if her defensive AA was still active

Since you are playing a Taiho.... You do know Alt button exists, right?

• Funny 2

Players
78 posts
2,923 battles
4 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Here's how to tell if any ship has strong AA:

Is the ship a USN ship? If yes - she has strong AA.

Since you are playing a Taiho.... You do know Alt button exists, right?

How do you use the Alt button to detect defensive AA?

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,322 battles
8 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

How do you use the Alt button to detect defensive AA?

How do you go to tier 9 without knowing the very basics of CV gameplay? :fish_palm:

Do you at least know of these 2?

• DefAA scatters your drop
  • Alt lets you do manual attacks - the ones you aim on your own instead of just potato-clicking on a ship and letting it autodrop

Put both of them together and you have your answer

• Cool 1

Players
78 posts
2,923 battles
9 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

How do you go to tier 9 without knowing the very basics of CV gameplay? :fish_palm:

Do you at least know of these 2?

• DefAA scatters your drop
  • Alt lets you do manual attacks - the ones you aim on your own instead of just potato-clicking on a ship and letting it autodrop

Put both of them together and you have your answer

Normal AA can also scatter your torps and bombs.

• Bad 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,322 battles
2 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

Normal AA can also scatter your torps and bombs.

No it can not :fish_palm: Srsly, how did you fail your way to tier 9?

Fighters (CV or floatplane) engaging your squad (should be rather obvious) and DefAA are the only things scattering your drop

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
78 posts
2,923 battles
2 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

No it can not :fish_palm: Srsly, how did you fail your way to tier 9?

Fighters (CV or floatplane) engaging your squad (should be rather obvious) and DefAA are the only things scattering your drop

Thanks for the ad hominem. BTW, I seem to remember scattering torp drops against me by ctrl clicking on planes on tier 5.

[NOHE]
[NOHE]
Players
239 posts
5,227 battles
4 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

Thanks for the ad hominem. BTW, I seem to remember scattering torp drops against me by ctrl clicking on planes on tier 5.

That's just impossible. The only things that scatter drops are defensive AA and fighters. Most likely the torp planes were being engaged by either of these at the time and you did not notice.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,322 battles
2 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

Ctrl clicking increases AA DPS by 30%. Nothing more, nothing less. Well, +30% and then +100% (so sum +160%) if your have ManualAA skill and your AA guns are large enough caliber.

Yubari has DefAA at t4. Tier 5 - Nicholas has it. Everyone else is t6 and higher, but, obviously, 5s can meet 6s

Players
78 posts
2,923 battles

My impression was that the planes scatter under heavy fire. If I don't figure out the exact mechanics by tier 9, then the mechanics are obscure. BTW, I've just checked the Wiki, and there is no entry about panic effect.

Players
78 posts
2,923 battles
7 ore fa, RAMJB ha scritto:

Fixed it for you

Sure, let's take a look at your stats (first screenshot) and compare it with mine (second screenshot).

*edited*

IMG_6404.PNG

Edited by NickMustaine
Image removed due to naming and shaming
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
484 posts
9,873 battles

That escalated quickly.

OP imagine how good you would have been if you know how the game works?

All the AA values are quite useless as they will be remodeled with CV change or I am wrong?

[SOCKS]
Players
783 posts
5,479 battles

And that's exactly serving what purpose?. The last time I played a CV in PVP in this game the fighters' strafing mechanic had not yet been introduced. Go figure how way back that is, and go figure how useful those stats are...or how much I give a crap about them. Even more because I can't stand CVs in this game, couldn't back then ,can't now. I played them EXCLUSIVELY to make life as freakin' hard for other CVs as possible (check the planes shot down per game), not to do damage myself (which I did but largely as a secondary role because what I wanted when playing those ships was to smash as many planes as I could to make the game as unfun as possible for CV players).

But come on, why leave it there?. Be a man and take the next step - compare your BB stats with mine. Compare your Cruiser stats with mine. compare your destroyer stats with mine. And then post here the screenies of the comparisons. Let's see if you have what's needed to do that and show everyone here exactly up to which point and dimension you're a potato.

But you won't do it, will yah?. I guess you won't. 

Look, dude: I don't play CVs in PVP mode, last time I did their mechanics were completely different anyway, and I stopped bothering with them because I think they have no place in a game like this...and even I, who has not touched a CV in more than 3 years, and never went past T6 in any of them, know that what panics air attacks is DFAA. 

I know it - yet you don't. And it's you who's playing CVs in T9. Let that sink in. Maybe it's not the game doing a bad job at teaching mechanics, as much as a complete, and utter, lack of interest by your part from spending any time learning them in the first place.

The fact is that, by just looking for info about how CVs play in the forums, and showing a slight tiny weeny bit of interest in their mechanics (you see, it's not a lot of work), someone who doesn't touch a CV with a 10-foot pole knows more about their mechanics than you do.

Potato doesn't describe you, not even close. But even then, when you've made it painfully clear for everyone to see you're a potato, it's you who are showboating your CV stats comparing them with those of someone who can't be bothered with them.

That someone with "bad CV stats" (that should be me even while I haven't touched the class in PVP for 3 years) knows more about their mechanics than you?. That fact alone should've made you hide under a rock before posting here again. Yet still here you are, proud and everything XDDD. It just boggles the mind, it's so bad that you only need to go around yelling "Potato and Proud!!" to complete the picture.

As a side note: That you've been able to have any kind of success with such lack of understanding of CV mechanics should be food for thought about the whole class, but that's a topic for other place, other time.
That someone who has downright atrocious stats in anything that's not a CV is able to reach the stats you've shown without even knowing how the heck the class plays is a clear pointers of a lot of issues with the class (that won't get solved until it's retired from PVP gamemodes) - but, again, the whole topic about how CVs are ridiculous in a game like  this and why they have no place doesn't belong here so I'll leave it at that.

So, as a closer, accept a little hint there: tone down the bragging, because it doesn't help you look good specially when you're making an arse out of yourself.

And if you play a class and are going to complain about whatever is related to it, first make sure you know how that class works. You don't ,and it shows. I'd recommend you to follow people like farrazelleth in youtube, watch his videos, learn from them, and stop shaming yourself in the forums with threads like this (and posts like your last one).

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,293 posts
16,472 battles
1 hour ago, Ocsimano18 said:

Sure, 60% win rate with Taiho makes me a potato.

You don't have a sufficient sample of games played for your WR to be indicative of anything.

To put this into perspective, if you happen to lose your next 7 games you'd already be approaching the 50% mark.

You have demonstrated an insufficient level of knowledge for playing CVs at T9. That is a fact, it is not a slight against you or any kind of insult. It's not necessarily your own fault either, WG doesn't explain anything ingame after all.

Still, now that you know perhaps it's a good time for some self-reflection? Maybe there are more things you do not know or are wrong about?

• Cool 1

Players
78 posts
2,923 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

You don't have a sufficient sample of games played for your WR to be indicative of anything.

To put this into perspective, if you happen to lose your next 7 games you'd already be approaching the 50% mark.

You have demonstrated an insufficient level of knowledge for playing CVs at T9. That is a fact, it is not a slight against you or any kind of insult. It's not necessarily your own fault either, WG doesn't explain anything ingame after all.

Still, now that you know perhaps it's a good time for some self-reflection? Maybe there are more things you do not know or are wrong about?

A sample size of 48 battles is quite good statstically speaking.

• Funny 1