Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DFens_666

They did it again - OP Killer Whale

90 comments in this topic

[NWP]
Players
4,359 posts
6,234 battles

Ok, @MrConway @Tuccy @Sub_Octavian

Change Killer Whale Operation. This is like sabotaging other players to screw them over - THIS IS NOT FUN!

Make this base thing go away, average player DOES NOT UNDERSTAND IT! :cap_old:

shot-18_11.26_21_04.54-0457.thumb.jpg.1bb49395cb4bf269df6ea44ae8043526.jpgshot-18_11.26_21_04.57-0506.thumb.jpg.d15f9e2f8de23192266656a3e2ca245f.jpgshot-18_11.26_21_05.00-0340.thumb.jpg.39331a33bcf24409282748c9ef125fd1.jpgshot-18_11.26_21_05.23-0574.thumb.jpg.0e7b14f58628f1cf1b5467ef3c89ac34.jpg

I could deal infinite amount of damage and kills, and i would still lose because of this - it has to go PLZ!

/rant

• Cool 6
  • Funny 2

Players
4,085 posts
6,241 battles
1 minute ago, DFens_666 said:

I could deal infinite amount of damage and kills, and i would still lose because of this - it has to go PLZ!

Absolutly agree. This makes no sense. Just give 5 stars if all the missions goals are accomplished!!

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,715 posts
9,928 battles

On one hand, if this is as epidemic as you say it is (I personally only play Ops once for the rewards and that's it, so not much experience with how randoms behave on average) it might warrant a change if only to make the experience less frustrating to those few players that can play and breath at the same time.

On the other hand, if enough players are too stupid to do simple things it's not exactly like there's something wrong with the Ops and WG can't fix stupid and you'd be asking them to dumb the game down, quite literally. And I do believe there's a quite vivid opinion floating around in here about dumbing down the game to make it easier for potatoes.

• Cool 5

Players
1,212 posts
7,642 battles
28 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Make this base thing go away, average player DOES NOT UNDERSTAND IT! :cap_old:

The thing is, you can still complete the mission even if teamed with doofuses who go the wrong way. They just need to get sunk, so that you can complete via the "50% of operational ships in the base" rule. 

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
4,359 posts
6,234 battles
16 hours ago, Aotearas said:

On one hand, if this is as epidemic as you say it is (I personally only play Ops once for the rewards and that's it, so not much experience with how randoms behave on average) it might warrant a change if only to make the experience less frustrating to those few players that can play and breath at the same time.

On the other hand, if enough players are too stupid to do simple things it's not exactly like there's something wrong with the Ops and WG can't fix stupid and you'd be asking them to dumb the game down, quite literally. And I do believe there's a quite vivid opinion floating around in here about dumbing down the game to make it easier for potatoes.

Well, if it doesnt work because players dont understand it, i guess there is no choice than to remove it !? (otherwise i agree with dumbing down the game is bad, but since its PvE i think its questionable to punish the players who know what to do)

Also the problem is, i think this OP is much easier with 4 guys than it is with 7 - and imo that says a lot. And its solely due to the exit zone.

@aboomination not funny :Smile_sad::Smile_sad::Smile_sad:

16 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

The thing is, you can still complete the mission even if teamed with doofuses who go the wrong way. They just need to get sunk, so that you can complete via the "50% of operational ships in the base" rule. 

Great idea, WG please turn teamdamage on, then i can kill them atleast :cap_haloween:

Also its kinda the problem if i want to farm damage - id deliberately have to let them get killed in order to get a victory :fish_boom:

• Funny 1

[OGHF]
Players
673 posts
11,797 battles

1, it’s not that hard to get five stars.

2, communication is Key.

3, you only need 1 player left to win and get 5 Star

5 star game.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

Players
4,085 posts
6,241 battles
2 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

They just need to get sunk, so that you can complete via the "50% of operational ships in the base" rule. 

We know. But what to do when they refuse to sink? I´d gladly put them to rest myself but I cant.... Also, I was telling them: if you litereally ram something NOW (they had the chance!) the round is over and we have 5 stars! But no! people rather lose but save their Health.:Smile_facepalm:

24 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

The thing is: that Cap circle is plain stupid. You can end the operation early, simply by placing 50% of the fleet in there. Some people actually go for that right away, in 1/3 games someone tells me to :etc_swear: get back and :etc_swear: move my [edited]in the circle - while im alone trying to sink the target ships! And some people even admit, that they dont care, they just want to finish the Operation in any way. like huh? Why even play? you gotta picture this: The equevalent of that mechanic would be a button in random, that you can activate only, when the score of both teams is even. It would end the round right away, resulting in a draw. You´d get people pressing that all the time with 00:01 in the game and if you´d ask them WTF was that for? They´d say "Dude, atleast we didnt lose!"

[NWP]
Players
4,359 posts
6,234 battles
5 minutes ago, Cyclops_ said:

2, communication is Key.

5 star game.

1. As you can see, it actually is. But at the same time, it isnt, because the OP is so easy. You could make it twice as hard by putting higher tier enemies in the game but just remove the exit zone and it would be much more fun.

2. I love this arguement... I give you the nicknames of those 5 guys in the game, you get one person of your choice for division and you do it with them.

3. And how do i get rid of the others :cap_hmm:

YT Vid -> They are playing 4 man division, they are already more than 50% of the total amount. We can take 2 other guys who have the ability to think and we would 5 star this OP 100% all the time - no doubt in my mind.

Its not right to lose the game when you kill everything there is and your team just decides to [edited]you over. Im pretty sure the Pensacola did it on purpose because he was telling me all the time what to do, and at the end he just went cruising around and ignoring the exit :cap_old:Thats the players you have to deal with in this game.

But i guess you didnt get the point of this thread :cap_hmm:

• Cool 1

Players
3,027 posts
7,137 battles
57 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

The issue as illustrated above is the reason why I prefer to play with people I know (and not just for the FXP because most of the times I'm barely decked out, I do it for the fun (or the fail)). When I play with random kartoffelleute I'll basically not even bother using XP boosters. I do it just for a change and most of the times KW at least ends in a win.

This has been a thing for ages with operations, a loss results in getting virtually nothing back from your investment, so people tend to avoid ops if they have to carry too many bags of potatoes...which means more potatoes still need the 5 stars so more potatoes end up teamed up with each other so they fail even more.

This is also why I really like how the balanced Sunray normal mode, as I could still carry to some degree even if the rest were hopeless (but I'd get 2 or 3 stars).

• Cool 1

Players
1,212 posts
7,642 battles
13 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

But at the same time, it isnt, because the OP is so easy. You could make it twice as hard by putting higher tier enemies in the game but just remove the exit zone and it would be much more fun.

It depends on the location of the exit zone. The one to the North East is pretty easy, the one to the West is often much less so. I say pretty easy as I did see one overconfident team who sailed on the outside of the North East island, triggering six waves of enemies. Who sank them, so that we failed the mission. It's that five star/no star mentality again....

Players
130 posts

Last couple of days in ops have been the most hilarious time I've had in this game. I guess the escape-zone needs a HUGE flashing, buzzin neon sign that makes it crystal clear to the even most hardened window licker that its time to leave.

I cant even think what is going on in their heads :cap_book:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
1,018 posts
7,773 battles
24 minutes ago, Cyclops_ said:

2, communication is Key.

1. Getting any stars is difficult, when the players refuse to go to exit. 

2. Let me tell you about communication. The last time Killer Whale was around, I had this game where 2 players would refuse to move for the exit. I tried clearly and calmly in FIVE LANGUAGES to urge them to move towards exit. Followed by the universal map ping on the exit and "5 min". Nothing happened. Any suggestions?

3. Does not help when your team mates are safe and sound far away from both exit and enemies.

The exit clause is a real pity in this one. It's otherwise a fairly nicely balanced and fun mission. 

• Cool 5

Players
3,027 posts
7,137 battles
5 minutes ago, Fatal_Ramses said:

Last couple of days in ops have been the most hilarious time I've had in this game. I guess the escape-zone needs a HUGE flashing, buzzin neon sign that makes it crystal clear to the even most hardened window licker that its time to leave.

I've noticed months ago (back when they changed Raptor) that most of my teammates were of deplorable quality.

I'd most often be the one with highest winrate (and 52%/53% isn't even that great a winrate) and several 40% winrate ones, a few 45% winrate ones and usually there would be at least one with 50% winrate or so.

The ones which had a 55% or higher winrate one would usually be doable. But after having looked up my teammates from a bunch of matches (I think all from an entire patch or so) my conclusion was that operations on tier 6 mostly fail due to very very poor quality teammates...not because of the way WG balanced it (unless we're talking about UF, of course).

Players
1,212 posts
7,642 battles

Well, operations do attract players who want something more complicated than co-op but more predictable than a Random match. I also tend to use them to grind up silver ships that I suck at (hello Farragut) and to play ships that I don't play too much in Randoms (Aigle, CVs). But I am trying to win. I'm not at all sure what some people are doing. 

Players
430 posts
4,209 battles

Strange... I played this OP with random players quite a few times in the last days and have to say, most times we won with 4-5 stars. So at least not all players who do this operation are completely clueless, you must have just gotten extremely unlucky...

@DFens_666  I agree with the bringing back team damage :Smile_ohmy:. That was literally the first possible solution that popped into my head as well.

• Funny 1

[_OPC_]
Players
416 posts
11,845 battles
42 minutes ago, Fatal_Ramses said:

You assume one thing ... the window licker has mini-map turned on and not in microscopic size :Smile_trollface:

First of all most of them should learn to read and more importantly understand what they have read :P

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
2,472 posts
2,527 battles
48 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I've noticed months ago (back when they changed Raptor) that most of my teammates were of deplorable quality.

I'd most often be the one with highest winrate (and 52%/53% isn't even that great a winrate) and several 40% winrate ones, a few 45% winrate ones and usually there would be at least one with 50% winrate or so.

The ones which had a 55% or higher winrate one would usually be doable. But after having looked up my teammates from a bunch of matches (I think all from an entire patch or so) my conclusion was that operations on tier 6 mostly fail due to very very poor quality teammates...not because of the way WG balanced it (unless we're talking about UF, of course).

Hey, but you can count on the ones with 30% WR to at least DIE.... :Smile_trollface:

I did it before the weekend, and then they were sort of screaming GET IN THE EXIT POINT in chat

and there I was cleaning up the fort on north side, plus the invading force (they have the circles on the names and need to die for the  star).

I told them not to worry (died ramming the last one) while my diov mate (the usual) cleaned up the two BBs (that replace the CVs).

Well... we lost lots of karma (only had 2 anyway). 5 Stars though... :cap_popcorn:

43 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Well, operations do attract players who want something more complicated than co-op but more predictable than a Random match. I also tend to use them to grind up silver ships that I suck at (hello Farragut) and to play ships that I don't play too much in Randoms (Aigle, CVs). But I am trying to win. I'm not at all sure what some people are doing. 

Div mate used Farragut... killed the last two BBs. On his own... :cap_rambo:

• Funny 2

[L4GG]
Players
1,657 posts
6,503 battles
2 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Ok, @MrConway @Tuccy @Sub_Octavian

Change Killer Whale Operation. This is like sabotaging other players to screw them over - THIS IS NOT FUN!

Make this base thing go away, average player DOES NOT UNDERSTAND

yeah, that could happen on purpose or not, but the other side of the coin can happen  too, games being saved because of that.

Which other operation a single or literally, two players can end successfully after all the others players are sunk?

Since I started here, I witness a lot , intentional team killing, players who actively seek  to sabotage the game refusing to enter the green circle.

In last year halo ops I almost went bankrupt, trying to have fun and grind xp points to my buddy captain.

116123738_dambots1.thumb.png.b4c4390e9953563ebbfde0a7437fdd92.png

this dd could draw fire to him , but he decide to hide behind a rock and we lose, 6 seconds to go. this it's just an example.

But I feel you.

What I notice after my break, after just a few games in the killer whale, so far, every team I've been wants to go to the exit just after trashing the port

[NWP]
Players
4,359 posts
6,234 battles
1 hour ago, Butterdoll said:

yeah, that could happen on purpose or not, but the other side of the coin can happen  too, games being saved because of that.

Which other operation a single or literally, two players can end successfully after all the others players are sunk?

I see those as 2 seperate issues:

- The team fails as a whole and lose the operation because of that. I think majority of the Operations can be completed with 4 players, so having 7 guys should normaly be sufficient, unless they are all really bad. Then we can ask, do they deserve to win? But when you have a good match, you can carry them to a victory most of the time.

- Killer Whale: As shown, you can basicly kill half the enemy ships (5 of those are the cimarrons), deal a high amount of damage and then your team is like "i dont know what im doing, what is time ticking and what is that green circle over there"?

There is nothing YOU can do to prevent this. You would literally have to let your teammates die, in order to get a chance to win. And this is totaly questionable in a TEAMgame + you could farm less XP yourself since you cant kill the enemies.

• Cool 2

[L4GG]
Players
1,657 posts
6,503 battles
1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

I see those as 2 seperate issues:

- The team fails as a whole and lose the operation because of that. I think majority of the Operations can be completed with 4 players, so having 7 guys should normaly be sufficient, unless they are all really bad. Then we can ask, do they deserve to win? But when you have a good match, you can carry them to a victory most of the time.

- Killer Whale: As shown, you can basicly kill half the enemy ships (5 of those are the cimarrons), deal a high amount of damage and then your team is like "i dont know what im doing, what is time ticking and what is that green circle over there"?

There is nothing YOU can do to prevent this. You would literally have to let your teammates die, in order to get a chance to win. And this is totaly questionable in a TEAMgame + you could farm less XP yourself since you cant kill the enemies.

Well...nowadays, that might be true if you hand pick your team, and if you play with the same people (each other come to know how the other play/tune the individual gameplay to provide better support for your team, after a while, improving the overall enjoyment) but random teams it's a different beast all together.

who didn't have great games to end up at the top of the score and only to see 0 stars at the end?

A good slice of random teams is like another layer of difficulty and one's has to deal with it.

It can be tiring and frustrating especially if the 0 stars succeed one after another.

If you Forget the first timers and all you still have, if necessary, 7 different ways to do the same thing without much coordination and in top of that you have an increase in difficulty in some of the ops.

yeah, 7 players it's not enough, more, perhaps the all team, 12 players.

Think this way, as long your teammates are still alive they prevent you to be the only target to be focus fire upon

[NWP]
Players
1,881 posts
12,596 battles

And that's why WG should introduce MANDATORY and GOOD tutorials.

For shits and giggles I started a new account. Guess what, without any tutorial of some sort I'm in my first battle blasting away at the bots.

No wonder people know nothing. The very least would be a WoT like tutorial where they make you move, say a few words on shooting the gun... Really, it's not hard.

But I guess WG is happy how the playerbase is evolving...

Hint: in your tutorial you should also talk about: ammo types, concealement and spotting, angling/tanking, UI setup of the game, repair tools, what the weird letters appearing on the left hand side over your ship are.... Seriously @Crysantos when can we get this basic set. You've got all the information in your YT movies (which are nice) but they AREN'T ingame...

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
593 posts
14,583 battles
1 minute ago, 159Hunter said:

And that's why WG should introduce MANDATORY and GOOD tutorials.

For shits and giggles I started a new account. Guess what, without any tutorial of some sort I'm in my first battle blasting away at the bots.

No wonder people know nothing. The very least would be a WoT like tutorial where they make you move, say a few words on shooting the gun... Really, it's not hard.

But I guess WG is happy how the playerbase is evolving...

Hint: in your tutorial you should also talk about: ammo types, concealement and spotting, angling/tanking, UI setup of the game, repair tools, what the weird letters appearing on the left hand side over your ship are.... Seriously @Crysantos when can we get this basic set. You've got all the information in your YT movies (which are nice) but they AREN'T ingame...

WG is happy because many new players pay for over priced in game goods in hope that they will score high (and they don't) so as long as WG is making money they won't probably care about such little details.

• Cool 1

[-WOF-]
Players
15 posts
4,227 battles
9 hours ago, Cyclops_ said:

2, communication is Key.

5 star game.

1. It really is not that hard. Once you play it a few times and learn the spawns and such. A bit of teamwork is all you need. (unless you get lucky and the bots dev strike you or smth).

2. Yea. Had a few tries where we got 5 stars easy. Because we talked in chat and devised a plan. 

3. Sometimes.

4. However ... had a few tries this weekend where I almost lost hope in mankind. :)

Sign in to follow this