You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Fonfalks

How do you cope with player base?

24 comments in this topic

[UIF]
Players
370 posts
6,828 battles

How do you cope with it guys? I mean seriously? I keep seeing things in this game, levels of stupidity that are just beyond anything i ever considered possible. 

It is a bloody simple game - kill ships, cap bases, watch time, look at map. Just now i got game where team simply did not cap single base once. Not once. What is even more tragic is that there was a platoon of good players, 3 player platoon - CV, cruiser and BB. 3 of them + me on Yamato basically tanked a flank where red team had about 9 or 10 ships. We killed them all just 4 of us. In the end we lost on points because nobody in our team did anything. Just zero. Platoon cruiser died, platoon BB was almost dead, i was almost dead, we took so much beating, but we won on that flank, but it was ALL FOR NOTHING, because other players literally did nothing all game. 

ALL GAME. 

They went to other flank, did not cap anything, somehow most of them died, i even don't know from what and we lose. I had 3 kills, platoon BB had 2, CV had 2 and cruiser had 2. Rest of team nothing. Just nothing. I am not even sure if they fired their guns all game. 

Games like this just destroy any joy of this game.

I made a post where i suggested a system where we could exclude horrible players from playing with us again. Those who bothered to reply to it all said it was bad system. 

Then what? Does ANYONE have any ideas? Or is that considered to be normal - try your hardest, shoot, angle, maneuver like crazy, time your consumables as well as possible, kill ships and all for what? So that bunch of special players, while drooling on keyboard, can try and find exit from map? 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 2

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
787 posts
4,489 battles

"How do you cope with stupidity of player base?"

Simple. 

You don't. 

Now enjoy playing and go get them tiger. :cap_like:

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[HAIFU]
Players
505 posts
4,606 battles

Don't take it too seriously, to be honest. If it gets to you, just stop playing for an hour or so, come back later and maybe it'll be fine. All you can do is keep playing to the best of your ability, and consider this: eventually the potatoes will be on the other team, leading to more fun gameplay.

The only other way around it would be to division up, then you can guarantee at least one player on your team is an okay player.

Other than that, lie down in a dark room, play some whale music and chill out :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,245 posts
8,184 battles

- Divisions

- Ranting along with friends about how humanity is bound to go extinct soon™.

- Not playing or playing co-op (untill you realize people can actually still lose against a bot that is 2 tiers lower)

- Playing Music HARD (I prefer some heavy metal for this)

Otherwise. Just become depressed about humanity.

• Funny 11

Players
1,318 posts

While playing, from time to time unleash the cynical Flamu-esque quotes like "what a great gaming experience I'm having." or "this game...." or "it's so nice to have teammates like these". And then I laugh about it while shaking my head only to conclude my rant with a deep sigh. 

Press next battle. :etc_red_button::Smile_trollface:

[AAO]
Players
2,259 posts
11,014 battles

lobotomy.png

follow instructions and join the rest of the players.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[H_FAN]
Players
2,222 posts
30,592 battles
22 minutes ago, Fonfalks said:

How do you cope with it guys? I mean seriously? I keep seeing things in this game, levels of stupidity that are just beyond anything i ever considered possible. 

It is a bloody simple game - kill ships, cap bases, watch time, look at map. Just now i got game where team simply did not cap single base once. Not once. What is even more tragic is that there was a platoon of good players, 3 player platoon - CV, cruiser and BB. 3 of them + me on Yamato basically tanked a flank where red team had about 9 or 10 ships. We killed them all just 4 of us. In the end we lost on points because nobody in our team did anything. Just zero. Platoon cruiser died, platoon BB was almost dead, i was almost dead, we took so much beating, but we won on that flank, but it was ALL FOR NOTHING, because other players literally did nothing all game. 

ALL GAME. 

They went to other flank, did not cap anything, somehow most of them died, i even don't know from what and we lose. I had 3 kills, platoon BB had 2, CV had 2 and cruiser had 2. Rest of team nothing. Just nothing. I am not even sure if they fired their guns all game. 

I made a post where i suggested a system where we could exclude horrible players from playing with us again. Those who bothered to reply to it all said it was bad system. 

Then what? Does ANYONE have any ideas? Or is that considered to be normal - try your hardest, shoot, angle, maneuver like crazy, time your consumables as well as possible, kill ships and all for what? So that bunch of special players, while drooling on keyboard, can try and find exit from map? 

Do not take the game seriously

Do not start threads like this every day  - it is a serious answer - why ? because constantly being angry of a player base does not change the playerbase - you must somehow change your mindset towards the game:

Like:

It is just a game

Next game will be better

Beautiful ships

I try to do my best, so I at least should not be the main problem

It is for many just entertainment a few games per session for many - not for me as you can see but I try not to spill out too many insults in the evening - preferably none but sometimes I am guilty

The game is mature which leads to large variations in player quality and knowledge by default

If you constantly start topics like this it will be a self.fulfilling prophecy - try have a more positive mindset - hope you have other activities that bring you positive energy - you play worse if you are frustrated

Even if all this threads over weekend warriors that always starts from various players are a ventilation for the players try be more constructive - at least do not always be negative

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,286 posts
8,433 battles

Usually with a few faint diplomatic words.

MuffledPerkele.jpg.d1b77861fecfd7991253a8c3a905956e.jpg

14 minutes ago, Loran_Battle said:

I can relate, as the usual lyrics of metal (AAAAAARRRRR) reflect my inner thoughts while watching the usual gameplay :Smile_trollface:

[BS4]
Players
1,094 posts
6,158 battles
36 minutes ago, Fonfalks said:

ALL GAME. 

X0UpKL4.gif

Omg dude seriously don't take this the wrong way but you got to stop opening vent threads.....

We get it (and understand ) and  playerbase skill isn't great at the moment lots of new people learning the game. YOU can only communicate with your team, you cant control them. If they make a bad move its not your fault, just Play to the best of YOUR ability That's all you can do.

36 minutes ago, Fonfalks said:

This will never be allowed as it excludes people. This game is open to ALL whether they are bad or good.

[ANV]
Players
338 posts
7,085 battles
35 minutes ago, Fonfalks said:

How do you cope with it guys? I mean seriously?

Normally by ignoring it, but last night I instead completely blew up in a major rant-a-thon.  :-(

Players
32 posts
6,779 battles

Differs, if i am in good mode i simply dont care, if i am in a bad mode my Karma drops after that battle.

One thing which gets very obvious in wows is that an one should never forget, that the person you think is an idiot might think that YOU are an idiot as well. result: If you tell poeople what they are doing wrong (politly ofc and without any acusations of being a noob or bot) they will quite often report you. 

I migrated from Dota after i had an over 2k solo-mmr in two weeks drop due to awefull teammates, but the level of incompetence I get confronted in THIS game on a daily basis keeps baffeling me.

it is what it is until it aint :F

[HOO]
Players
1,506 posts
3,024 battles
42 minutes ago, Loran_Battle said:

- Divisions

- Ranting along with friends about how humanity is bound to go extinct soon™.

- Not playing or playing co-op (untill you realize people can actually still lose against a bot that is 2 tiers lower)

Otherwise. Just become depressed about humanity.

^THIS^

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,293 posts
16,472 battles

I play CVs.

If the match turns against me I usually can still carry it to a victory because the enemy team is too stupid to counter CVs.

If the game turns in my favor I like to leave certain allies without air cover to make the enemy CV kill them, thus prolonging the match and my farming time.

Can be great fun to tell :etc_swear: overextended teammates that you've intentionally let them die.

Likewise it's fun to crush the hopes of anyone who places faith in the rework by telling them I have over twice my CV average damage in testing.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[BBMM]
Players
3,947 posts
4,375 battles

Well, I am basically a sort of potato (my environment awareness simply doesn;t cut it in higher tier games),

but I can hold my own in lower tier games and sometimes I even end first. But maybe this happened to the rest of your team:

- you shoot, and keep the guns shooting. Normally you'd hit anything, devstrike a cruiser, citadel a BB...

-... but this game, well, basically you do the same as other games, but you hit NOTHING. End up dead last. Or BEING the "first blood".

Sacrifice more goats to RNGesus. If you have a lot, please sacrifice some for your teammates too. 

giphy.gif

• Cool 1

[CU]
Players
324 posts
3,550 battles

Recently I've been banging my head about my own gameplay, so it's not affecting me at the moment.

[7DSF]
Beta Tester
1,470 posts
4,557 battles
1 hour ago, Fonfalks said:

ALL GAME. 

Sorry but are you the guy who wanted to sell his account and tried to get a permanent ban?

You are still here? Why?

Nobody will take you serious anymore!

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
1,079 posts
4,782 battles
1 hour ago, Fonfalks said:

ALL GAME. 

Like this:

20 minutes ago, Malfuss said:

Recently I've been banging my head about my own gameplay, so it's not affecting me at the moment.

Look at your own gameplay. Bet you got some things to improve yourself.

[MXII]
Players
63 posts

Hello,

This topic is now locked due to its toxicity, please remember that discussing a topic must be constructive, Do not start a forum threads if it is with just complains, bring some arguments to discuss, thank you.

Hierrark

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1