Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Winged_Cat_Dormant

Noob hiding in smoke.

44 comments in this topic

Players
181 posts
6,508 battles

Just a funny thing that happened to me. This battle was very easy, not that I am a very good player, their CV did not bother to spot me, their BBs kept on coming sideways, etc.

t61.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[PIKAS]
Beta Tester
1,538 posts
5,889 battles

there are still a lot of DD players who sail in a cap, stop and hit smooke.

And than be blown away from a Torpedo -after all these years it is still a often used tactic. Very „usefull“ in aDD without working Hydro .

Players
2,472 posts
2,527 battles
2 minutes ago, stinkmorchel said:

And than be blown away from a Torpedo -after all these years it is still a often used tactic. Very „usefull“ in aDD without working Hydro .

That's a König... ah well, plenty of those too. 

Players
181 posts
6,508 battles

Is not seal clubbing! I really enjoy my T-61 best eur20 ever expent on this game :)

If nobody defends the base then I am allowed to take it, right?

The Konig captain wasn't the one complaining, but he was not changing direction either!

• Cool 2

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
673 posts
3,877 battles
46 minutes ago, stinkmorchel said:

It can be worse. There are a DD's that sail straight for the cap. But just before the cap they smoke up and sit there. Even before an enemy ship is detected leaving us blind. Like why?!?

Players
2,472 posts
2,527 battles
4 hours ago, PietroFiume said:

The Konig captain wasn't the one complaining, but he was not changing direction either!

Maybe he had full left rudder, but at that distance, you wouldn't notice... 

3 hours ago, Linkaex said:

It can be worse. There are a DD's that sail straight for the cap. But just before the cap they smoke up and sit there. Even before an enemy ship is detected leaving us blind. Like why?!?

I do that in a DD. But I just go straight on at full speed and when smoke is up I turn and run..

Making sure some dakka follows me into the cap, and then I go spot. Try it, it's hilarious.

If you have at least a half-brained team, the reds will lose whatever comes checking... 

• Cool 2

Players
120 posts
6,280 battles

I had fun the other day sitting smoked up in a Cap watching Ashashio torps sailing under my Leningrad. Twice in the space of 10 minutes. TBF he did change angles to see if that'd work. A few minutes later I saw his smoke in a Cap, turns out my torps work better. 

Apparently, I was hacking. 

• Funny 7

Players
1,558 posts
13,419 battles
6 hours ago, Cyclops_ said:

That's because you are Seal Clubbing :cap_happy:

Where is the seal clubbing line btw? Because i have been accused of seal clubbing at T8 before. :Smile_amazed:

• Funny 2

[HOO]
Players
1,768 posts
1,636 battles
6 hours ago, stinkmorchel said:

Noticed that with the number of torp hits I get in my Jervis when contesting caps. 10 torp spread into the smoke, it's always amusing.

Players
2,472 posts
2,527 battles
9 hours ago, MortenTardo said:

Where is the seal clubbing line btw? Because i have been accused of seal clubbing at T8 before. :Smile_amazed:

I know that name... and those stats... YOU would be a sealclubber even in the most worthless T5 DD, and if put in T12.... :cap_win:

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,526 posts
14,976 battles
On 11/26/2018 at 7:31 PM, Linkaex said:

Indeed, it can...  I, much to my own amazement, torp'd an eye-popping 3 DD's (all the enemy team had) just sitting in the SAME smoke in B cap:cap_wander: during one match  on "Land of Fire Map" last Friday with 1 torp salvo from a Mogami (well, technically it could count, as 2 salvos since I turned and fired both sides but annyhoot). Then I basically just lounged around and took a pleasure Cruise for the rest of the game, having already done my bit (well, not really but anyways). It is quite amazing how often the good ole' "Just shove a torp up their smokin' *edit"- ploy still works over and over again. Does give a nice boost to my Mogami stats tho, hehehe! :cap_wander_2::Smile_facepalm::cap_haloween:

Edited by xxTANK_Uxx
Inappropriate remarks
  • Funny 2

[HOO]
Players
1,768 posts
1,636 battles
1 minute ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Indeed, it can...  I torp'd 3 DD's sitting in the SAME smoke during one match last Friday in just 1 torp salvo from a Mogami. Then I just lounged around and took a pleasure Cruise the rest of the game, having already done my bit (well, not really but anyways). It is quite amazing how often the "good ole' torp up their smokin' ar*se" bit still works over and over again. Does give a nice boost to my Mogami stats tho, hehehe! :cap_wander_2::Smile_facepalm::cap_haloween:

This i why I like the Brit dds, the smoke is so short duration it doesn't teach bad habits.

• Cool 3

[NOHE]
[NOHE]
Players
239 posts
5,227 battles
5 minutes ago, fallenkezef said:

This i why I like the Brit dds, the smoke is so short duration it doesn't teach bad habits.

That's also why I play IJN and Russian DD's with torp reload and heal instead of smoke whenever possible. I've noticed that I do play better when I know I don't have any other means of staying undetected, only good positioning and planning ahead.

[JRM]
Players
1,307 posts
14,650 battles
15 hours ago, Cyclops_ said:

That's because you are Seal Clubbing :cap_happy:

Seals are now at t8+ number of shimas and gearings that sit in their smokes od late is quite disturbing

[ONE2]
Players
2,526 posts
14,976 battles
28 minutes ago, Turnipsi said:

That's also why I play IJN and Russian DD's with torp reload and heal instead of smoke whenever possible. I've noticed that I do play better when I know I don't have any other means of staying undetected, only good positioning and planning ahead.

A good point. Somehow even my TRB Kagero with 8km torps does better than many of my Smoke DD's, probably for the very same reason. I also die a lot less due to taking less chances and surviving more. Funny that actually. :cap_old:

[-TXG-]
Players
2,431 posts
16 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

A good point. Somehow even my TRB Kagero with 8km torps does better than many of my Smoke DD's, probably for the very same reason. I also die a lot less due to tyaking less chances and surviving more. Funny that actually. :cap_old:

Totally agree with this....Kagero with TRB is good for improving DD play. Only downside is the crying BB's that report you for not smoking them when they demand even after you tell them in chat at the start you have no smoke. :Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,526 posts
14,976 battles
8 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

Totally agree with this....Kagero with TRB is good for improving DD play. Only downside is the crying BB's that report you for not smoking them when they demand even after you tell them in chat at the start you have no smoke. :Smile_veryhappy:

Hehe! Yeah, strange enough, some BB players still have not noticed that they actually can't shoot from smoke undetected. I wonder how long it'll take before that realization hits home (based on recent experience my money's going to betting on "Never" but we'll see). :Smile_Default:

• Cool 2

[JRM]
Players
1,307 posts
14,650 battles

Yep the best ever report like that was after i capped a at old northern lights and annihilated red yamato in the process by dumping a double tap of torps from my yugu into him point blank and the said yamato hit some "genious" in derpitz before dying, the brainiac wasnt even killed by it but was wery disturbed by the fact that yamato cited him... :fish_palm:

[UNICS]
Players
1,244 posts
15,470 battles
15 hours ago, Linkaex said:

Maybe they get outspotted/ dont have CE yet.. can be idiocy or survival mode that kicks in :P

• Cool 1

[-TXG-]
Players
2,431 posts
2 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Hehe! Yeah, strange enough, some BB players still have not noticed that they actually can't shoot from smoke undetected. I wonder how long it'll take before that realization hits home (based on recent experience my money's going to betting on "Never" but we'll see). :Smile_Default:

Yep, had that the other day, playing Yamato and having a decent battle, our shimi wasted 2 smokes on me for some reason, I just kept driving through. He obviously felt he was doing a good thing but I was on a push at the time so wasn't stopping. :Smile_Default:

• Funny 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,526 posts
14,976 battles
7 hours ago, Ysterpyp said:

Maybe they get outspotted/ dont have CE yet.. can be idiocy or survival mode that kicks in :P

Idiocy sounds like the most likely reason TBH. Saw a Benson once, who did the same except he did that just before actually hitting the cap circle and just sat there, barely outside of the cap circle radius in his smoke, blindly shooting torps at targets he didn't see (the enemy DD didn't bother popping smoke) or have a chance at hitting and spamming HE at Cruisers which were out of his gun range (or then he just couldn't hit sh*t). The fun ended, when that mean-spirited and totally underhanded enemy DD saturated his precious smoke with some torps thus putting an abrupt end to our hero's otherwise Brilliant and Promising naval career (I hope at least - or maybe he got better, who knows?). :Smile_honoring:

And, well, if you're gonna hide in smoke I guess it wouldn't be so bad, if you even bothered to turn a bit so you'd point either the nose or the stern at the enemy's direction (and the 100% certainly incoming torps), so the likelihood of them hitting you would be somewhat reduced as well as the damage they will cause, but nope. Broadside on and some more popcorn is the norm. :Smile_popcorn:

• Funny 2

Players
2,472 posts
2,527 battles

It also works the other way - when I drive a DD I put smoke in the middle of cap, then go hide at the edge...

Very funny to see them all blindfire in smoke. If a BB gets too near, I rush him since he has fired anyway and send him some fish.

Players
2,472 posts
2,527 battles
22 minutes ago, PietroFiume said:

Of course someone took out one of my karma points...:cap_hmm:

I have none, wishing them luck on that... :Smile_trollface:

Sign in to follow this