You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TicoXotaR

Italian Cruiser Line

12 comments in this topic

[U-W]
Players
35 posts
8,605 battles

Now i've done my research and this is what i believe the Italian CC line could look like if in the game. Let me know what you think.

Tier 1 - Gabbiano.jpg

Tier 2 - Varese.jpg

Tier 3 - Taranto.jpg

Tier 4 - Nino Bixio.jpg

Tier 5 - Elli (Giuseppe Garibaldi).jpg

Tier 6 or 7 - Attilio Regolo.jpg

Tier 6 or 7 - Luigi Cadorna.jpg

Tier 8 - Giuseppe Garbaldi.jpg

Tier 9 - Trento.jpg

Tier 10 - Zara.jpg

Players
427 posts
3,830 battles

Has that T1 (a corvette?) only got one gun? That could be... fun for new players, considering Black Swan gets 6 guns of probably the same caliber.

Also, it might be worth posting some quick stats about each ship, for example main guns, AA or armour. That would let people understand a bit more about each ship. Finally, which ships are going at which tiers. To me this looks like a load of Italian ship photos but no clear structure to the line at all.

• Cool 3

[-AP-]
Players
745 posts
2,918 battles

These ships all look a bit tiny dont they? hard to say without the stats, but they seem to only go up to around tier 5

Players
216 posts
5,749 battles

I had a look into possible Tier 1 ships for the Italian and Pan-European national lines.

For me Eritrea would be the perfect Italian candidate, being both real and storied.

it_es_64.gif

Performance-wise would be about the as Bougainville, being of similar size (good HP pool), speed (20kts) and armament (4x120/45mm).

But, hey, as long as they come, sooner the better.

• Cool 1

Players
427 posts
3,830 battles

If Pola is included, she has eight 8" guns, so could be a solid T7. 

I think that the theme of the Italian cruisers could be high velocity guns with sub-par HE damage, but give them decent AP performance to counter. This would make them good cruiser killers in the right hands. They would also have a good top speed, so re-positioning and kiting will be easy. AA will be crap, as they have bad long range, and too few mid and short range AA guns to be of any use. Any ships mounting torpedoes have those ridiculous sea mine that have massive range but low speed. Consumables could be DFAA (if it survives the CV rework), Hydro (in different slots for utility) and maybe main battery reload booster. The latter isn't really needed unless they lack impact.

Overall they could be rather fun to play, I just hope they don't end up as either: A) Gimmicky, paper representations, or B) Very similar in play style to the French cruisers. WG needs to find a niche for them to fit into, and make them better than the Abruzzi!

Players
2,999 posts
13,144 battles
7 hours ago, Centurion_1711 said:

This would make them good cruiser killers in the right hands.

As if we don't have enough Battleships filling that role already! :Smile_smile:

• Cool 1

Players
427 posts
3,830 battles
8 hours ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

As if we don't have enough Battleships filling that role already! :Smile_smile:

Well, true. At least these ones would have squishier armour, meaning US heavy cruisers (and probably the French too) could help to counter them a bit. If you can hit them, that is.

[U-W]
Players
35 posts
8,605 battles
18 hours ago, Centurion_1711 said:

Has that T1 (a corvette?) only got one gun? That could be... fun for new players, considering Black Swan gets 6 guns of probably the same caliber.

Also, it might be worth posting some quick stats about each ship, for example main guns, AA or armour. That would let people understand a bit more about each ship. Finally, which ships are going at which tiers. To me this looks like a load of Italian ship photos but no clear structure to the line at all.

not use to forums but i will do that yes. 

• Cool 1

Players
427 posts
3,830 battles
5 minutes ago, TicoXotaR said:

not use to forums but i will do that yes. 

It's just to help us all out a bit, that's all. maybe add a line on how you would like to see these ships play as well, it would be interesting to hear what people think the game needs next.

[ONE2]
Players
2,526 posts
14,976 battles

Weel, otherwise fine BUT perhaps you should consider RAMB as Tier 1 instead of that corvette:

image.png.28033d4e3edbdaef98f84ceb0fd4f873.png

image.png.61115e3422fdeb896718cd1a5590f14b.png

Just so it would be on par with others, you know...:Smile_Default: