You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Gradual Transition to 64-bit Systems and DirectX 10.1 - Discussion Thread

36 comments in this topic

Players
143 posts
5,190 battles

About time. I've been waiting for 64-bit client for long long time. Why not move to DirectX 11 or 12.1 ;)
My current system is more than capable to run the game at FHD@60fps

[BOATY]
[BOATY]
Players
217 posts
8,266 battles

Thank god for that, catering to owners of potato PCs from the 1800s is not a smart way to conduct business. If a player can't afford even the most basic of components they were not going to be able to afford things like premium time and premium ships which keep WG in business. This way the rest of us reap the benefits!

• Cool 4
  • Bad 3

Beta Tester
96 posts
6,760 battles

the dev's team understanding of architectures and OSes is .. laughable

x86_64 is still a 32bit OS, with a 64bit extension attached to it

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Players
28 posts
2,401 battles

I thought the day never came for 64-bit support in this game, finally, it has arrived, but what about Directx? that part is still unclear, will the game cut support for 10.1 and only use DX11 and DX12 now?

[WOWS]
Players
226 posts
12,395 battles

Sadly there is a lot of PC user whom i ask about his/her PC, and i get  one of these as reaction ::Smile_child:,:fish_nerv:,:cap_fainting: Because do not even know what i asked about...
Like: "what is your CPU?" Reply: "intel I5", or "4 core AMD"
What kind of GPU you have: "It is a good one because it has X GB memory...."

Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
431 posts
7,941 battles
24 minutes ago, zmeul said:

the dev's team understanding of architectures and OSes is .. laughable

x68_64 is still a 32bit OS, with a 64bit extension attached to it

And yet you've typod x68_64 instead of x86_64. And where was x86_64 even mentioned in the article, or even the attached support article?

Regardless of the specifics of how 64bit operating system architectures work with regards compatibility with 32bit applications due to being an extension of x86 architectures that doesn't change the fact that the stated 4% of computers running 32bit operating systems still could not run a 64bit application without at least having 64bit hardware capable of virtualising a 64bit environment. Sure, x86_64 is just x86 with a 64bit extension, that doesn't make it any less necessary for 64bit applications to run.

24 minutes ago, EnterpriseNL said:

I thought the day never came for 64-bit support in this game, finally, it has arrived, but what about Directx? that part is still unclear, will the game cut support for 10.1 and only use DX11 and DX12 now?

The article says they're stopping support for pre-10.1, since dx10.1 was not forwards compatible with dx10 or older hardware I'd assume they're cutting out support for dx9 and dx10 to support dx10.1 which means anyone with dx9 or dx10 hardware won't be able to use the dx10.1 API needed to run the game.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,054 posts
3,769 battles

Now if my HP from 2008 would finally want to start dying, then I can upgrade to a better potato (this one DX11 compatible and 64bit, so I don't need to worry). I'm surprised it still works flawlessly after 10+ years of daily use, it being a HP.

• Cool 2

[NED]
Players
1,671 posts
6,285 battles

Man if wg even says your potato is outdated then its way past due for an upgrade (make that time for a new pc)

[210-F]
Alpha Tester
183 posts
Vor 4 Stunden, Temeteus82 sagte:

About time. I've been waiting for 64-bit client for long long time. Why not move to DirectX 11 or 12.1 ;)
My current system is more than capable to run the game at FHD@60fps

By the way, this game already uses DX11 thats why I can play it on Linux via Vulkan API.

Why not directly implement Vulkan and release a native Linux Port (sorry but MacOS with Metal is garbage, and OpenGL will be dropped soon too!) cos Dx12 is already dead so less games are using it. Vulkan is the future (Playstation, Linux, Win7, Win10) vs DX12 (win10 and Xbox)

• Cool 2

Players
297 posts
9,172 battles

AWESOME WARGAMING!!!!!!
Thank you..... about time!
I have 64GB and GTX 1080ti SLI... I just wanna run the game as high as I can with my hardware..

Now PLEASE allow Vulkan API and Multi-GPU (SLI/Crossfire) setup and you are golden!
I don't see the reason for DirectX 10.1... Let the game be DX9, DX11 and Vulkan.. WITH Vulkan you have more options in the future, and no need to upgrade ever again!

Have asked about this before.. and think Wargaming should jump on the Vulkan API wagon.

Vulkan 1.1

On March 7, 2018, Vulkan 1.1 was released by the Khronos Group.[53] This first major update to the API standardized several extensions, such as multi-view, device groups, cross-process and cross-API sharing, advanced compute functionality, HLSL support, and YCbCr support.[54] At the same time it also brings better compatibility with DirectX 12, explicit multi-GPU support and lays the groundwork for next generation of GPUs.[55] Added ray tracing support for Nvidia graphics cards.[56][57] Alongside Vulkan 1.1, SPIR-V also got updated to version 1.3.[54]

• Cool 1

Players
24 posts
5,262 battles

Oh hell! now i'm going to have to retire my Mecer 286 and sound blaster 16. Not to mention having to work up a new autoexec.bat and config.sys boot floppy for one of these new 64bit thingies you talked about.

What version of dos should I use?

• Funny 4

Players
364 posts

While my OS is W7 x64 Ultimate my PC monitor operates in 32bits see attachment.

My GTX-660 offers DX-11.

Will the monitor cause a problem to the game's performance? IF yes please notify me to unistall the game (it will be cheaper to have this unfinished game and spend REAL money for new monitor).

x64.png

• Funny 4

Players
12 posts
4,275 battles

Seems to be the reasonable price of progress.

Citation

You know that Greek alphabet is not the easiest to read ? When you refer to a "32 bits" monitor, that's about the color depht/palette. Nothing to do with the fact the OS is 32 or 64 bits. So no, no performance issue at all.

A "monochrome" monitor was actually 2 bits (because for each pixel you encode the display information on 2 bits : say 0=black 1=green). 32 is just 2 power 5.

[SIEGE]
Players
70 posts
5,665 battles

amusing that the window once opened in the launcher refuses to close, and only exiting the process from the taskbar seems to fix it... can't wait for the update :Smile_facepalm:

[NUKED]
Players
384 posts
10,049 battles

Will the game run smoother then? I mean with all the little hiccups when you change through the ships or collect your container, that would be a great idea. When it runs like WoT it would be a big step. Then the only thing that would needed to be improved would be the "delay" when a battle is over and the whole port "freezes" for a short duration. I get it that there is something happening (repairing, restacking the consumables etc), but there is no need that the whole game needs to get stuck for a moment then.

It feels a little bit like russian software which works like a russian engine in movies. It only works when you hit it and it runs with vodka...

[NOCAP]
Players
1,509 posts
15,418 battles
3 hours ago, Anthoniusii said:
Spoiler

My GTX-660 offers DX-11.

Will the monitor cause a problem to the game's performance? IF yes please notify me to unistall the game (it will be cheaper to have this unfinished game and spend REAL money for new monitor).

x64.png

Check on the first tab 'systema' which operating system you have. For example mine says: 'Windows 10 Home 64-Bit-Version'

I should learn how to read, your question was already answered.

Players
28 posts
7 hours ago, Anthoniusii said:

My GTX-660 offers DX-11.

x64.png

I noticed that your ram is 4gb only that seems a little low when running a 64 bit Windows 7. I recommend to make it at least 8gb. Higher ram are better it gives much headroom when running games.

• Cool 1

[SKANE]
Beta Tester
140 posts
4,337 battles
19 hours ago, MrFingers said:

Now if my HP from 2008 would finally want to start dying, then I can upgrade to a better potato (this one DX11 compatible and 64bit, so I don't need to worry). I'm surprised it still works flawlessly after 10+ years of daily use, it being a HP.

Not everything needs to break down before you change it.

If everyone thought that way we'd still be using sun dials and pyramids would still be viable housing.

Recycle it or sell it and buy a modern piece of hardware like a cheap ryzen 5 system. Tons of performance at a cheap price.

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,054 posts
3,769 battles
51 minutes ago, Tivook said:

Recycle it or sell it and buy a modern piece of hardware like a cheap ryzen 5 system. Tons of performance at a cheap price.

What? You mean I can buy food in the shops? Instead of hunting cows? Thanks for the Ryzen tip!