Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Freyr_90

Fun with divisions

31 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[SCRUB]
Players
657 posts
12,321 battles

In light of a few posts I saw on the forum I'd like to ask you fine internet people about in what divisions do you like to play and what divisions do you consider "fun"? 

For some winning = fun, for others the pure lol/kek/troll value is key. So.. what floats your boat? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
7,717 posts
9,928 battles

Triple secondary spec Mikasa.

 

Bonus points if you actually hit something with your main guns!

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
4,385 posts
6,242 battles

Well, majority of my 2x div games are 2 cruisers... But recently i put more emphasis on playing different classes while in division, because you simply cant count on your team to do anything. And with 2 or even 3 same class ships in a division you shoot yourself in the foot, because the enemies are more likely to get a division aswell, which might have a stronger setup.

Basicly this means:

1. Should be fun. (thats why i dont grind so much)

2. But also be strong enough to compete with other Divisions to win.

 

Occasionally we do also sealclubbing / troll divisions :Smile_trollface:  (smith + Emden smoke dakka :Smile_hiding:)

Not sure if id go for category tryhard tho... i think that includes CVs and we rarely play div with CV (only at lowtier a bit).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ONE2]
Players
2,531 posts
15,020 battles

We tried a 1 Mikasa + 2 Tier 1 gunboats-as-escorts-division last weekend... Our team lost, but it was fun, especially, since we Tier 1's managed to sink all 3 of the enemy DD's (who seemed to be strangely attracted to Mikasa and just flocked to us even without asking) while escorting our "Precious" (who also scored 2 more before being surrounded by 3 Juriens who then burned, pounded and pummeled him to oblivion after having blasted us pip-squeaks to smithereens)... Some other players were admittedly less than impressed, even having the temerity to call us a "Fail Division", so much to our chagrin we finally had to give in to such unreasonable pier pressure (pun intended) and took all tier 2's for the next match. Was not half as much fun tho.:Smile_sad::Smile_Default:

image.png.2f5bdc59b759c63064f0e617cff39c46.pngimage.png.56cd3a15f4dbeabab0ab6da95166b48d.png

Truly epic Custer simulation on "the High Seas" - Totally worth it!..:Smile_izmena:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THROW]
Players
579 posts
21,161 battles

kaga + flint + gniesenau 

midway + worcester + montana

[Edited]

Edited by hierrark
conflict
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
2,667 posts

It's not so much about winning, trolling, the ships we play, or whatever.

 

I only care about the players I division up with. I surround myself with people I know and most often have met in real life more then just a couple of times. We have a pletora of topics to talk about. We share interests next to PC gaming. We are friends in the truest meaning, so it is simply fun to spend my time with them offline or online. I could probably watch paint dry with them and I would still have fun.

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,085 posts
6,257 battles
20 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

I only care about the players I division up with. I surround myself with people I know and most often have met in real life more then just a couple of times. We have a pletora of topics to talk about. We share interests next to PC gaming. We are friends in the truest meaning, so it is simply fun to spend my time with them offline or online. I could probably watch paint dry with them and I would still have fun. 

 

Very nice post. Sadly, some people will never understand what you are talking about.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TRRC]
[TRRC]
Players
191 posts
5,060 battles

We normaly go for win, so dd bb and CAor CL.we dont trust in othersXD a 3 shima division teached us to not rly on dds.....we always bring out a dd, and after yy nerf i finaly got out my gearing too.if we want to trollolo then 3 monti, or 3 conqueror division.1 time we ended in a game where was 4 conquerors.....bbq partyXD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,723 posts
7,575 battles
1 hour ago, Freyr_90 said:

In light of a few posts I saw on the forum I'd like to ask you fine internet people about in what divisions do you like to play and what divisions do you consider "fun"? 

For some winning = fun, for others the pure lol/kek/troll value is key. So.. what floats your boat? 

 

Some time ago I would play in a three Belfast division.  We won most of those games.

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
7,717 posts
9,928 battles
7 minutes ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

Some time ago I would play in a three Belfast division.  We won most of those games.

 

 

*hurgh* ... just give me a minu-*urgh* ...

 

 

Let it be said that I have llittle qualms about min-maxing divisions, but I don't think I could play more than one game of a triple Belfast division without taking an extensive shower afterwards.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,909 posts
6,248 battles

Hmm, lol division. 

3x T7 Lyon, all fire on the same target at the same time :Smile_trollface:

 

But usually 1x DD 2xCA/CL. 

Or random division and see what comes of it :Smile_Default:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
4,385 posts
6,242 battles
2 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

Hmm, lol division. 

3x T7 Lyon, all fire on the same target at the same time :Smile_trollface:

 

 

giphy.gif

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
7,717 posts
9,928 battles
8 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

3x T7 Lyon, all fire on the same target at the same time :Smile_trollface:

Then we shall fight in the shade!

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Moderator
1,384 posts
5,761 battles

2x mino and a wooster!

2x wooster and a mino!

 

Flint+belfast+Gaede

Belfast+belfast+flint

Belfast+belfast+helena (for AA and punishing DDs.)

 

oh and 3xzao division we did was awesomely cruel! when you focus fire in 3 zao's, everything turns red!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,367 posts
7,761 battles
2 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

2x mino and a wooster!

2x wooster and a mino!

 

Flint+belfast+Gaede

Belfast+belfast+flint

Belfast+belfast+helena (for AA and punishing DDs.)

 

oh and 3xzao division we did was awesomely cruel! when you focus fire in 3 zao's, everything turns red!

But guys on business end of the barrel are already red...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Moderator
1,384 posts
5,761 battles
5 minutes ago, Panocek said:

But guys on business end of the barrel are already red...

I've get reported so many times playing in a cancer division,

I guess the only thing turns bright red is the faces of the red players :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SNUBS]
Players
1,293 posts
6,853 battles
1 hour ago, MortenTardo said:

Flint+2xBelfast. 

Pretty fun and pretty good for statpadding.

WHY AM  I NOT SUPRISED!  

no wonder u always get reported ! 


:Smile_trollface:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
7,717 posts
9,928 battles
17 minutes ago, Panocek said:

But guys on business end of the barrel are already red...

They could be more red.

 

In that regard I present to you: triple Conqueror.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,561 posts
13,440 battles
25 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

They could be more red.

 

In that regard I present to you: triple Conqueror.

Or. Zao, Conq and Khaba. That is a nice HE spamming div. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BOATY]
[BOATY]
Players
664 posts
9,713 battles

Ships are irrelevant for division fun. The players you div up with is what matters. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×