Sign in to follow this  
Allanagtig

Republique barbeque

9 comments in this topic

[HAWKS]
Players
60 posts
4,025 battles

Wargaming................... Why the F..... do you implement battleships to the game with 32mm armor all around at tier X!? Yes im talking about the Republique. Its one big HE pinata, waiting to get beat on. Ultra bad dispersion, crappy gun alignment, giant silhouette, slow turning, bad firing arcs, inconsistent guns and crappy concealment when you take into account you have a permanent fire going, which will increase your concealment further. When you get focused over DDs as a battleship, then theres something wrong. Even battleships wants to shoot HE at you suddenly. This ship is unplayable with the current meta. She cannot perform or take actions when she is one big HE magnet. She has some strengths, but those get overruled by her weaknesses. Cruisers can take you down so incredible fast, just by sailing away and spam HE at a distance, you can do 0! The guns are so unreliable that, trying to kill an angled cruiser sailing away spamming HE at you, is an impossible task. You just have to sail away and hope you wont lose all your hp doing so. You will eat those 30-50k dmg trying to get away once spotted. Secondary build is even more useless, as you have to get close enough to be able to use them, which makes this ship even more vulnerable to HE spam. It just doesnt work. Now for me, she is parked in the port till changes are made. Then hopefully later on something happens, untill then I will not sail her, but just laugh at the ones I meet on the enemy team. That ship is a true joke.

What are your guys opinions?

Players
1,662 posts
6,253 battles
2 hours ago, Allanagtig said:

Wargaming................... Why the F..... do you implement battleships to the game with 32mm armor all around at tier X!? Yes im talking about the Republique. Its one big HE pinata, waiting to get beat on. Ultra bad dispersion, crappy gun alignment, giant silhouette, slow turning, bad firing arcs, inconsistent guns and crappy concealment when you take into account you have a permanent fire going, which will increase your concealment further. When you get focused over DDs as a battleship, then theres something wrong. Even battleships wants to shoot HE at you suddenly. This ship is unplayable with the current meta. She cannot perform or take actions when she is one big HE magnet. She has some strengths, but those get overruled by her weaknesses. Cruisers can take you down so incredible fast, just by sailing away and spam HE at a distance, you can do 0! The guns are so unreliable that, trying to kill an angled cruiser sailing away spamming HE at you, is an impossible task. You just have to sail away and hope you wont lose all your hp doing so. You will eat those 30-50k dmg trying to get away once spotted. Secondary build is even more useless, as you have to get close enough to be able to use them, which makes this ship even more vulnerable to HE spam. It just doesnt work. Now for me, she is parked in the port till changes are made. Then hopefully later on something happens, untill then I will not sail her, but just laugh at the ones I meet on the enemy team. That ship is a true joke.

Why dont you fire HE back?

When using a Republique you have to anticipate that you will be focus fired, so the second you start seeing a mass of ship on the horizons its best to start turning the ship around before they focus you.

Kiting is a skill you should learn also, if anyone is spamming HE at you like angled cruisers then fire HE back! You have guns with a 48% fire chance at a reload of 21secs, OP in the right hands.

Just like every BS it has its ups and downs, but before you blame the ship blame yourself. A tool is only as skilled as the captain using it...

[COR3]
Players
884 posts
11,224 battles

My honest opinion is it is fine. If you play her to her strenghts you can tank a lot. She is very mobile that means you can close in on the HE Spammers to blab them or kite away from them.

Her only real downside is that her guns are sometimes very inconsistant. One Salvo blabs a ship for 25k+ the next does 2 Overpenetrations and stradles him completely. Generally she is fun to play and pretty balanced i think.

[HAWKS]
Players
60 posts
4,025 battles
On 11/26/2018 at 1:21 PM, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Why dont you fire HE back?

When using a Republique you have to anticipate that you will be focus fired, so the second you start seeing a mass of ship on the horizons its best to start turning the ship around before they focus you.

Kiting is a skill you should learn also, if anyone is spamming HE at you like angled cruisers then fire HE back! You have guns with a 48% fire chance at a reload of 21secs, OP in the right hands.

Just like every BS it has its ups and downs, but before you blame the ship blame yourself. A tool is only as skilled as the captain using it...

The problem about what you say here is that, the ship has such a bad dispersion, which makes unreliable shots. Ive had numerous games where the dispersion on 3-4 salvoes are so bad that it cant hit a stationary ship at ca. 13km. Especially horisontal dispersion is the worst with this ship. A des moines for an example, shoots 6 shells of HE with its main forward guns every 5 seconds with reliable dispersion. That makes you take around 4k dmg on every salvo (40-50k dmg on a minute, not taking fire dmg into account). That fight cannot be won, since you would only last 2 minutes with the health pool of the republique. And since many cruisers stops to do this, it means that they know the republiques crazy weakness about HE. 

I think its really bad that you can choose a good secondary setup on this ship, but that it makes you 100% more vulnerable if you want to use it. Imo secondary setup is a semi brawler thing, but this ship lacks the opportunity to get that close and effective. You might get a kill, but you also bought nails for your own coffin doing so. And honestly, her range on the guns are nice, but since the dispersion is what it is, theres no need to try and hit stuff on 20km+, and that make you less effective. Too many BBs in randoms, are already afraid to take shots to their own ship and conserve their hp by sniping or sail away at the very beginning, and the republique will increase this further.

*edited

Edited by flashmove_iron
This post has been moderated by the moderation team due to naming and shaming.
  • Cool 1

[ANV]
Players
339 posts
7,137 battles
On 11/26/2018 at 9:06 AM, Allanagtig said:

I suggest that the old adage of "Play a hundred games before deciding if a ship is good or bad" applies here... you've only got 19 games logged in her.

Yes, she is HE vulnerable so you have to be very wary of IFHE Hragumos and Worcester, and in general most HE spammers (I run full survivability skills plus flags) .... however I do not find the dispersion to be "bad"... indeed it is usually pretty accurate.  That said my only other tier 10 BB is the GK.. so I'm not sure what you are comparing its dispersion to...? 

A secondary build is as useful as any other in this meta and tier - extremely situational and usually pointless.

[HAWKS]
Players
60 posts
4,025 battles
On 11/27/2018 at 2:37 PM, antenociti said:

I suggest that the old adage of "Play a hundred games before deciding if a ship is good or bad" applies here... you've only got 19 games logged in her.

Yes, she is HE vulnerable so you have to be very wary of IFHE Hragumos and Worcester, and in general most HE spammers (I run full survivability skills plus flags) .... however I do not find the dispersion to be "bad"... indeed it is usually pretty accurate.  That said my only other tier 10 BB is the GK.. so I'm not sure what you are comparing its dispersion to...? 

A secondary build is as useful as any other in this meta and tier - extremely situational and usually pointless.

I dont need to play one hundreds game to find out if she takes more or less dmg of HE dude... Theres not point in continueing getting pummelled on if you can see a straight pattern ;)

• Bad 1

[ANV]
Players
339 posts
7,137 battles
1 hour ago, Allanagtig said:

I dont need to play one hundreds game to find out if she takes more or less dmg of HE dude... Theres not point in continueing getting pummelled on if you can see a straight pattern ;)

Why bother asking for an opinion on a forum if you just turn around and then diss what they say?

It's a very accurate ship for me so maybe shoot better? However... 

Looks to me like you're not really asking for other opinions, you're just looking for a mirror.... so *whatever*, don't play it but stop crying about it.

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
1,272 posts
17,259 battles
On 11/27/2018 at 12:59 PM, Allanagtig said:

No offense, but about your skillful comment, I see you have hidden stats

:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[HAWKS]
Players
60 posts
4,025 battles
19 hours ago, antenociti said:

Why bother asking for an opinion on a forum if you just turn around and then diss what they say?

It's a very accurate ship for me so maybe shoot better? However... 

Looks to me like you're not really asking for other opinions, you're just looking for a mirror.... so *whatever*, don't play it but stop crying about it.

So, what you say is that, theres is only that one thing you say and not anything else to it? Com on, dont drop words into my mouth already. You are not the definition of anything. Alot like you tries to be lexicons of wows. Im talking about facts here, not some silly homemade rule about a hundred games. Those statements are just stupid :) 

And please dont say that the ship is accurrate to you, when it has 322m dispersion lol. Again shooting better?, thats just stupid to say so, when taking into account that my stats are alot better than yours. 

Ill give in, I could just stop playing the ship, and yes I will. Tier X BBs imo shouldnt have 32mm armor all around as it makes them too vulnerable, thats it :)  

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this