Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Catterpillar

torpedo bug or game lag?

21 comments in this topic

[BOATY]
[BOATY]
Beta Tester
13 posts
5,240 battles

So, last couple days I've been experiencing some strange torpedo issues: just now I was hit full broadside by torpedoes coming from a Jervis that fired them at 6 km range from me, but the torps did not show up on my screen untill less then 1 sec before impact. And for those doubtfull, yes, my view was ON the jervis ALL the time and NO I was NOT in scopeview. Yesterday, I noticed the same while on my Montana, however, I cant remember the ship that fired it, only know for sure it was not a japanese vessel nor did it have deep water torpedoes. 

My thoughts were that it prob was a issue with rendering.... but that's just a thought, maybe it was lag on my side perhaps? 

Any shared thoughts or possible ideas to help this are welcome,

ps: my FPS is always around 70 - 100, my ms is always around 30

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,329 posts
16,508 battles

Can't say I can share the same experience. Any mods installed? Any connection or performance issues in other games?

If not it could be a problem with rendering time, but since you're getting solid performance I believe that to be doubtful. Try to use the option "Check and Repair" in the WG Game Center under the settings tab.

If that doesn't work and the issue persists I'd perform a clean reinstall of the game.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,852 posts
10,027 battles

When in doubt, chalk it up to servers having a fit. 

I had a torpedo simply not explode yesterday. 

It rendered as OK, didn't hit any wrecks or island, traveled 10km out of its 12km max range, hit an enemy aaaaand nothing. 

I'm guessing the server saw the torp hit an island, but failed to notify me. 

There's a chance something similar happened to you. 

Server having a giggle. 

Players
1,441 posts
9,951 battles

I SS this the other day because a Shimakaze fired 5 torpedoes and then 1 of the 5 torpedoes simply disappeared, you can just see the track line of the torpedo... It didn't hit anything but just vanished.

I also watched a CV yesterday drop a perfect line of torpedoes at 3km and the 2 that should have hit sailed right under the target..

Perhaps there is a bug for torpedoes that needs looking at?

995803852_Screenshot(567).thumb.png.78ff61775e0c9cfc042b52d33bc1d7ca.png

Players
680 posts
5,059 battles

had something similar a Shokaku CV dropped trops I could avoid the 4 but the CV also crossdrop the torp then stopped next to my ship while the other torps went on going. I recorded it thought it maybe saturation for the bomb drop from the CV earlier or one torp hit another torp. 

torps.png

• Bad 1

[UNICS]
Players
3,650 posts
14,338 battles

maybe just too close of a drop in some of these cases.. Happens quite often when cvs drop torps.

In migant..'s case, it could be a recently vanished wreck. Hard to see.

Players
1,441 posts
9,951 battles
1 hour ago, loppantorkel said:

maybe just too close of a drop in some of these cases.. Happens quite often when cvs drop torps.

In migant..'s case, it could be a recently vanished wreck. Hard to see.

Yeah, possible, never even thought of that one...

[TTT]
Players
4,576 posts
8,062 battles
2 hours ago, SteDorff said:

had something similar a Shokaku CV dropped trops I could avoid the 4 but the CV also crossdrop the torp then stopped next to my ship while the other torps went on going. I recorded it thought it maybe saturation for the bomb drop from the CV earlier or one torp hit another torp. 

torps.png

that one's just not had enough time to arm, nothing unusual at all about it.

As for OP and some of the other cases - just insufficient information to say whether it was normal working as intended, the people involved just missed something, or it was indeed a bug....

[WCWVE]
Players
897 posts
14,465 battles

My problem with torpedoes over the last 2 days is that team mates keep sending them into me, total of 11 times including 3 times in Neptune (last time I had just sunk a battleship by torpedoing him at 3km and was turning away from the two heavy cruisers and a battleship and wham - spread of torpedoes from Jutland) - they were not showing on warnings.  

Yesterday - hunting a DD and poked bow out from behind island for a full spread at 1km range from Jutland again 

[-AP-]
Players
1,808 posts
4,440 battles

I have that with carrier drops sometimes. I can see splashes in the water, i can hear the torpedo warnings go off, i can see splashes coming towards me, but it sometimes takes a few seconds before the torpedoes actually render.  Super annoying and makes it a pain in the buttocks to try and dodge anything.

[BOATY]
[BOATY]
Beta Tester
13 posts
5,240 battles
8 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Can't say I can share the same experience. Any mods installed? Any connection or performance issues in other games?

If not it could be a problem with rendering time, but since you're getting solid performance I believe that to be doubtful. Try to use the option "Check and Repair" in the WG Game Center under the settings tab.

If that doesn't work and the issue persists I'd perform a clean reinstall of the game.

will check it out, no mods though, no other issues, and only seen this issue lately, not before

[BOATY]
[BOATY]
Beta Tester
13 posts
5,240 battles
7 hours ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

I SS this the other day because a Shimakaze fired 5 torpedoes and then 1 of the 5 torpedoes simply disappeared, you can just see the track line of the torpedo... It didn't hit anything but just vanished.

I also watched a CV yesterday drop a perfect line of torpedoes at 3km and the 2 that should have hit sailed right under the target..

Perhaps there is a bug for torpedoes that needs looking at?

995803852_Screenshot(567).thumb.png.78ff61775e0c9cfc042b52d33bc1d7ca.png

hence my post, as I usually dont post anything, but this is not a rage, more like something I found odd to happen more then once to me in short period of time, ty for posting this, seems like legit issue to me, hopefully devs can take a look at it

• Cool 1

[BOATY]
[BOATY]
Beta Tester
13 posts
5,240 battles
2 hours ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

My problem with torpedoes over the last 2 days is that team mates keep sending them into me, total of 11 times including 3 times in Neptune (last time I had just sunk a battleship by torpedoing him at 3km and was turning away from the two heavy cruisers and a battleship and wham - spread of torpedoes from Jutland) - they were not showing on warnings.  

Yesterday - hunting a DD and poked bow out from behind island for a full spread at 1km range from Jutland again 

only thing I can comment here is that the torps came indeed from a jutland.... not showing on screen till sec before impact, seemed to me like not really intended to have such small visability

[ASEET]
Players
220 posts
6,693 battles
57 minutes ago, Catterpillar said:

sorry, I don't do replays

You removed the automatic save last 10 replays they added in the latest patch?

[BOATY]
[BOATY]
Beta Tester
13 posts
5,240 battles
6 hours ago, Gleb_Reawer said:

You removed the automatic save last 10 replays they added in the latest patch?

w8... the game auto saves the last 10 games? So, where do I look for them files?

[SIEGE]
[SIEGE]
Players
78 posts
6,832 battles

torps are a funny thing... I'm sure a few of the posters here have seen the "infinite torpedo" bug, which passes torps through solid islands, or more commonly have unlimited range. Put it down to one of the many features of the game :3

[ASEET]
Players
220 posts
6,693 battles
5 hours ago, Catterpillar said:

w8... the game auto saves the last 10 games? So, where do I look for them files?

They added a replay folder in the game folders, and checking the patch notes it's 30 last games not 10 as I earlier said.

Tech Issues 

Creating Replays

With the release of Update 0.7.11, you will be able to record replays of your battles in World of Warships. Every player will have their 30 most recent battles recorded and stored in the /replays folder. Any previous, "older" replays will be overwritten. This feature will allow players to provide more details of any occurring issue when contacting Player Support. You can adjust the number of recorded replays using the maxReplaysToSave setting in the configuration file.

Players
1 post
96 battles

Got some problem with the torpedo launching. My torp launchers launch my torpedos  ~2-3s after I click, so sometimes when I'm in a pinch and just want to rush enemy ship my torp will miss because of the torp launcher lag. Maybe it's because I'm playing cross server, but In previous version (a rather old one, way before CV update.) I also play cross server and had never experienced this type of lag. My ping also used to be under 100ms, now it's ~180-200ms, sometimes spiking to ~500-600ms (super lag, will miss upwards of 7-10s of action). Any idea of what happened?

[-G0M-]
Beta Tester
231 posts
10,331 battles

Have seen air dropped torps "activate" close to a ship, appear to hit and do no damage. I thought I was going mad, but I noticed Aerroon had that happen in his recent Graf Zep vid and that "dud" cost him the game.

Probably lag induced, the client thinks it has enough time to arm, renders it but the server says "no", maddening when it happens though.

TB.

Sign in to follow this