You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ImiMilo

Jean Bart - unacceptable game spoiler

46 comments in this topic

[-MM]
Beta Tester
1,210 posts
1,486 battles
12 hours ago, gopher31 said:

A Yamato in the same position would  just as much of a threat

A Yamato is more of a threat, bigger guns that are more accurate and can overmatch other bow on BBs, plus it has more hit points and is more HE resistant.

Personally I'd say Jean Bart is not the easiest ship to do well in (for a BB) because of the gun calibre, 15" guns are a little underwhelming on a tier 8, let alone a tier 9, plus the French BB susceptibility to fires/HE and the low health pool for a tier 9 BB.

It's more about ambush and flanking I have found, using the speed, especially with speed boost to get into good positions and then punish broadsides with the reload booster. Plus it doesn't have the great concealment that say the Iowa/Mo have or the Lion. You can bow in tank, but not against too much stuff, especially if there are HE slinging cruisers about, a DM is a terrifying prospect to face in your JB, they can bow tank you and burn you for days with that rate of fire. 

Only just starting to get to grip with mine, I think it's a BB that scales well with skill you need to have good awareness and positioning. 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,464 posts
9,599 battles
23 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

Oh the whining recently has been top notch guys. I have had a good laugh reading all these threads crying about allegidly OP ships. 

It just shifted from accusing players of cheating to accusing ships of being OP. 

The usual multi-player stuff. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,665 posts
5,506 battles

I've taken mine out a few times (a miniscule sample size) - and when I have tried bow camping, either a Yamato or Musashi spoils the day or HE spamming cruisers. Need to keep her on the move is the lesson I have learned (Same with Richelieu).

• Cool 2

Players
1,857 posts
6,940 battles

This is by-far NOT an OP ship.

I am normally the first to chops about OP ships (*Cough* Stalingrad and Hara) but this is quite a balanced one, for Premium ones that is.

Its covered in 32 MM and has to be brutally honest, pea shooter guns.  Any half decent cruiser player with 27 MM bow doesn't have to worry what-so-ever.  That's only the cruisers.

It's heal, front facing guns, fantastic AA, fast firing guns and Fire-starting with reload ability makes up for it's short falls.

But it's got the lowest HP and eats HE spam from all over the place. 

This ship lives off potato players that sail around giving their broadsides.  If you don't then apart from the occasional HE barrage, it's easy to counter. 

Players
199 posts
6,893 battles
14 hours ago, fallenkezef said:

If it's bow on, burn it with he

what he said. 

the JB is a joke really thanks to its campy playstyle and the T10 MM. 

I've yet to see one really do well. It's a situational one trick pony and goes down really fast if DM starts spamming HE on it. 

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,532 posts
15,549 battles

Accept Musashi out performs her. Her stats just put her as a solid ship.. only thing she is top on is Frags. and with her rapid reload boost consumable  to punish low health or ships that messup you would expect this.123.thumb.png.11de93c5aed1779cb5ad4abed4a75fcf.png

• Cool 2

[DC_DK]
Players
2,437 posts
24,624 battles

Strong but not op. Except maybe for the secondary guns... This thing prints Close Quarters achievements en mass. 25% of all my frags in it is done by the secondary battery.

[1911]
Players
55 posts
8,723 battles
15 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

I have yet to meet an actually good JB in battle... most are so incredibly bad

This.

The day after they released the ship I didn't know they also sold it in the premium shop. I met a lot of them in battle, watched them play, and this weird suspicion grew larger and larger that there was some 'easy' way to get this ship. Looked at the premium shop after the session, needless to say, I was right.

Situation hasn't improved since. Counterplay: Shoot He, it melts so incredibly fast. Or ignore it, it's not like it will do anything useful 90% of the time.

[-MM]
Beta Tester
1,210 posts
1,486 battles

I had a good 'bow tanking' game in it on Saturday, but I was bow tanking in the middle of the map in a cross fire position to a push on the C flag, using an island to hide me cross fire and I still had to fall back into stealth and cover a few times to heal the fires etc. as too many ships were targeting me. 

I think most people who have bought her just saw all the guns on the front and just think you can sit there bow in and snipe with it, though that is probably how they approach most BBs, but the ship really needs to be looking to flank to make the most of it so you can punish those broadsides with the reload booster, at which point is becomes pretty brutal. 

it's a ship that players can jump straight to tier 9 with just by buying it, so it was going to attract a lot of bad players who probably didn't read up on it before buying, though that makes the OP's comments even weirder. 

[COR3]
Players
426 posts
9,853 battles
16 hours ago, ImiMilo said:

Dear all,

what I see recently in all Jean Bart games - there is this ship, sitting in back, shooting and killing bow in with no chance to hit or seriously damage it. It just destroys all the gameplay. Even more disturbing is the fact that you can buy it (pay to win is absolutely outraging - no skill - pay - win) or only great players can get in in Arsenal, which is even more destroying games, in their hands.

The community should just boycott all Jean Barts (own teams disrupt them). They just completely destroy the will to play the game and many players already wrote about it in messages ... you see that ship and no matter what you do, you just lose or win, based on the team where it is.

I am OK with premium ships, but this is just the game killer

Problem : JB Stationary shooting.

Solution: DD - Rush the idiot down, smoke up spam him

CA - Flank and HE spam him, preferable be a 152mm spammer and make him use his reloadbooster to fail to blap you.

BB - if  German BB maybe avoid, everything else has enough caliber to damage a sitting bart just by looking at it from a 25° angle that is easy to achive

Jean Bart is so easy canceled out unless it is a very good player and he knows exactly what he is doing. So i see no reason to boycott anything here and assume you're butthurt for some JB Players that blapped you, happens get over it.

[CZILL]
Players
15 posts
2,949 battles
On 11/26/2018 at 12:48 PM, The_Reichtangle said:

Problem : JB Stationary shooting.

Solution: DD - Rush the idiot down, smoke up spam him

CA - Flank and HE spam him, preferable be a 152mm spammer and make him use his reloadbooster to fail to blap you.

BB - if  German BB maybe avoid, everything else has enough caliber to damage a sitting bart just by looking at it from a 25° angle that is easy to achive

Jean Bart is so easy canceled out unless it is a very good player and he knows exactly what he is doing. So i see no reason to boycott anything here and assume you're butthurt for some JB Players that blapped you, happens get over it.

So first:

1. DD - rush a BB sitting back in map and ignore all the dds, radars, planes and cruisers between him and me. Ehm

2. CA - flank the enemy team and get destroyed by their bbs and planes. Ehm

3. BB - focus on Jean, not having his booster, ignore all the dds around you. Ehm. 

Thanks a lot, now back to reality 

[BW-UK]
Beta Tester
474 posts
5,030 battles

IMHO its what nearby ships do together, in random matches with combo smoke, multiple ships cruising or camping with AAs in smoke, DD spam from a smoke patch burning BBs away, + mass torping with a Kaze, + a tight close CV ship and if lucky a nice Jean Bart with all that... Covering each other backs can play out massive wins against the other team.

I find that too many players just look and consider what their own ship can do.

• Cool 1

[VRNG]
Players
116 posts
6,112 battles

don't know what game you play, but whenever i play with Jean Bart, im having problem using the actuall ship, because wg made the richelieu to a t9 ship made it slower, kept the gun shotgun accuracy, somehow the turrets gets destroyed with +100% durability module and +30% durability skill, and i often end up with both turret destroyed, secondary guns are useless because they can't pen even a destroyer and thier accuracy is close to monkey with a rock, if you're getting fucked by a jean bart ,then you will be fucked by a richelieu, the only difference between the 2 ship is tier, small speed, secondarys, and the reload booster, everything else is the same

shot-19.02.03_09.42.17-0941.jpg

Players
42 posts
3,619 battles

is that the same Jean Bart whose citadel  i squished in my Mushi today doing over 50k in one salvo as it came at me bow on?

[VRNG]
Players
116 posts
6,112 battles
21 minutes ago, illy said:

is that the same Jean Bart whose citadel  i squished in my Mushi today doing over 50k in one salvo as it came at me bow on?

don't think so, don't see your name on the other side, neither a musashi

Alpha Tester
67 posts
5,295 battles

To the OP:

-farm them coalsies and buy your very own JailBait Jean Bart

-put demo expert on the captain for +2% crispies; you can also try survivability expert, but it's not mandatory

-also put +fire chance flags on it, all of them

-spam people with HE whole game, many games, ALL the games

-post results here

(disclaimer: this may or may not be a troll post)

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
1,571 posts
15,115 battles

I only take it out to rank to incinerate dds with MBRB :Smile_trollface:

[-RM-]
Players
374 posts
5,237 battles
On 11/25/2018 at 7:51 PM, ImiMilo said:

Dear all,

what I see recently in all Jean Bart games - there is this ship, sitting in back, shooting and killing bow in with no chance to hit or seriously damage it. It just destroys all the gameplay. Even more disturbing is the fact that you can buy it (pay to win is absolutely outraging - no skill - pay - win) or only great players can get in in Arsenal, which is even more destroying games, in their hands.

The community should just boycott all Jean Barts (own teams disrupt them). They just completely destroy the will to play the game and many players already wrote about it in messages ... you see that ship and no matter what you do, you just lose or win, based on the team where it is.

I am OK with premium ships, but this is just the game killer

Well either reposition yourself or get in a Yammy or Mushi and smack it back a couple of times, it will either go away or move. 

If a static ship in a corner is a problem u are probably too static yourself, its just the same as dealing with any bow tanking ship, Dunkueque, Richeliu, Nelson or how about the king of bowtanks the Yamato 

Personally I have never had this problem specifically from the JB like you are describing it so it must be down to your playsyle.

And you dont have to be a great player to get it just a persistent one with many ships (snowflake event), if so you will have enough coal to unlock it  in arsenal (228k ? not sure) Sow how is this pay to win ?

I have the JB but havnt played it much, I dont like the gimmick reload and would have swapped that any day for a 1-2 sec faster base reload

[ADRIA]
Players
457 posts
11,481 battles

JB is a fun ship to play, no doubt. One of my favorites, scharnhorst at tier 9 when it comes to "fun factor"

Is it strong? Hmm... in right hands, definitively. MBRB is situational but when you use it at right time you can dish out a lot of punishment.

Is it OP? Is it "game breaking"? Not at all.

• Cool 1

[COR3]
Players
426 posts
9,853 battles
20 hours ago, ImiMilo said:

So first:

1. DD - rush a BB sitting back in map and ignore all the dds, radars, planes and cruisers between him and me. Ehm

2. CA - flank the enemy team and get destroyed by their bbs and planes. Ehm

3. BB - focus on Jean, not having his booster, ignore all the dds around you. Ehm. 

Thanks a lot, now back to reality 

If that is not your reality i suggest you work on your gameplay a little , stationary bbs can be flanked with the torpedoes, radar has been tuned down and yamato and montana or iowa and izumo don't really care how hard they penetrate the superstructure of a stationary JB.

152 MM Cruiser spam her to death with IFHE and the 203 to...

If that not is your reality yet you should work on it to make it your reality.