You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ImiMilo

Jean Bart - unacceptable game spoiler

46 comments in this topic

[CZILL]
Players
15 posts
2,949 battles

Dear all,

what I see recently in all Jean Bart games - there is this ship, sitting in back, shooting and killing bow in with no chance to hit or seriously damage it. It just destroys all the gameplay. Even more disturbing is the fact that you can buy it (pay to win is absolutely outraging - no skill - pay - win) or only great players can get in in Arsenal, which is even more destroying games, in their hands.

The community should just boycott all Jean Barts (own teams disrupt them). They just completely destroy the will to play the game and many players already wrote about it in messages ... you see that ship and no matter what you do, you just lose or win, based on the team where it is.

I am OK with premium ships, but this is just the game killer

• Cool 1
  • Funny 10
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 4

Beta Tester
1,088 posts
4,821 battles
7 minutes ago, ImiMilo said:

Dear all,

what I see recently in all Jean Bart games - there is this ship, sitting in back, shooting and killing bow in with no chance to hit or seriously damage it. It just destroys all the gameplay. Even more disturbing is the fact that you can buy it (pay to win is absolutely outraging - no skill - pay - win) or only great players can get in in Arsenal, which is even more destroying games, in their hands.

The community should just boycott all Jean Barts (own teams disrupt them). They just completely destroy the will to play the game and many players already wrote about it in messages ... you see that ship and no matter what you do, you just lose or win, based on the team where it is.

Why? It is easily damageable and it is difficult for JB players to do damage with it, because it lacks caliber. German and US CA's can just go bow in and spam it with HE or torp them, without taking too much damage. 

Besides as far as I have noticed bow camping is not really effective in the JB.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,624 battles
3 minutes ago, fallenkezef said:

If it's bow on, burn it with he

That.

32mm of lovably scorchable real estate.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[CATS]
Players
19,535 posts
12,253 battles

If she sits like that, she cannot flank you. If she cannot flank you, you can bounce her shells when angling.

• Cool 4

[TTT]
Players
4,577 posts
8,062 battles

I have yet to meet an actually good JB in battle... most are so incredibly bad (read: bow-tanking either in their own spawn or completely yolo) that they pretty much have zero influence on the battle. Which is not to say that JB isnt a scary ship if played well - but most are just irrelevant because they have no clue what they're doing...

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[HOO]
Players
2,188 posts
5 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

I have yet to meet an actually good JB in battle... most are so incredibly bad (read: bow-tanking either in their own spawn or completely yolo) that they pretty much have zero influence on the battle. Which is not to say that JB isnt a scary ship if played well - but most are just irrelevant because they have no clue what they're doing...

Good summary of a lot of BBabies there, it's not the ship, but the players.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,322 battles
34 minutes ago, ImiMilo said:

with no chance to hit or seriously damage it.

• Outflank it. It can keep bow on only to 1 ship, as 2 or more ships can always split up
  • AP on superstructure still does reasonable dmg in most cases
  • HE. It's 32mm all over, so it's a really really soft target for HE

Also with Izumo, Dunkek, Nelson and Richelieu in the game one would have thought that this wasn't exactly a new concept...

36 minutes ago, ImiMilo said:

or only great players can get in in Arsenal

It's Coal not Steel, every last pleb can freely get it.

And even if it was Steel it would have just taken longer to acquire as Steel is given even for the lowest ranks of Ranked / CB, as well as it can drop in SCs.

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
845 posts

Everything you said is true of every other T8+ battleship.

A Yamato in the same position would  just as much of a threat, maybe even a North Carolina.

HE can pen all over  as mentioned above.

IMO not a special ship.

Players
817 posts
1 hour ago, ImiMilo said:

Dear all,

what I see recently in all Jean Bart games - there is this ship, sitting in back, shooting and killing bow in with no chance to hit or seriously damage it. It just destroys all the gameplay.

I think you are all missing the point of what he meant. Due to the long fire range the Bart has, he means just sitting there at distance in the back - out of range of most other ships shooting range and picking off distance shots when spotted trying to farm damage "but not moving from one spot". To be fair, I can't say I've seen any Barts doing that in my games, they tend to play proper moving around the map. But I have seen plenty Mushasi doing it though. Too many in fact!

So it is not much different from a lot of players that own and play the Mushasi. They tend do the same thing and can fire even further at 26.5k compared to the Bart at 24.5k.

Players
163 posts
1,549 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

If she sits like that, she cannot flank you. If she cannot flank you, you can bounce her shells when angling.

A quick question what is angling? Because very few players does it or at least seem to be aware of the WASD hax 😂

Also swapping ammo? What dark sorcery is this 😂?

• Funny 1

Players
1,662 posts
6,261 battles
6 hours ago, ImiMilo said:

Dear all,

HE foo

Beta Tester
2,879 posts
10,753 battles
13 hours ago, ImiMilo said:

there is this ship, sitting in back, shooting and killing bow in with no chance to hit or seriously damage it.

Are you sure that wasn't a Yamato, sitting at 20km? 

• Funny 1

[UNICS]
Players
1,272 posts
17,270 battles

Meanwhile , Baltimore and hipper can bounce her shells all day

As other said , bow on stationary bb's are just laughable 

When i see a JB bow on in my DM, Worcester , kitakaze

068e51fa694f14a321ffd3bc77c097dad6c0659e

[ONE2]
Players
2,929 posts
17,207 battles
13 hours ago, ImiMilo said:

Dear all,

Sounds terrible but I dunnoh about all that lad, just torp'd one with my Atago on Sunday. It seemed to go down just fine, also burned pretty well just before that. I've no complaints there. Mayhap improve your tactics a bit to deal with it? :cap_hmm:

OR just get yourself a Yamatou or Musashiou and go see how they pen that pesky bow.:cap_haloween:

I've also heard rumors that Cong can get 457, guns too while Germans can mount the 420mm, they might do the trick surely?.:cap_old:

Players
1,788 posts
1,673 battles
12 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Sounds terrible but I dunnoh about all that lad, just torp'd one with my Atago on Sunday. It seemed to go down just fine, also burned pretty well just before that. I've no complaints there. Mayhap improve your tactics a bit to deal with it? :cap_hmm:

OR just get yourself a Yamatou or Musashiou and go see how they pen that pesky bow.:cap_haloween:

I've also heard rumors that Cong can get 457, guns too while Germans can mount the 420mm, they might do the trick surely?.:cap_old:

Conq doesn't need the 457's they just spam HE and use their concealment to ruin a JB's day

[ONE2]
Players
2,929 posts
17,207 battles
1 minute ago, fallenkezef said:

Conq doesn't need the 457's they just spam HE and use their concealment to ruin a JB's day

Yeah I know, but one can always dream...:Smile_Default:

Players
1,788 posts
1,673 battles
4 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Well I sold my conq now the DD line is in, I prefer ships that actualy existed so I'm grinding for the Daring (on Jutland atm and loving it) so I look forward to torping the camping bastards.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,879 posts
10,753 battles
6 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Conq does have the 457s.

They are more accurate (2.0 sigma), but they are only 8 guns and they still cannot overmatch 32 mm BB armor like Yama/Moo.

[ONE2]
Players
2,929 posts
17,207 battles
Just now, fallenkezef said:

Well I sold my conq now the DD line is in, I prefer ships that actualy existed so I'm grinding for the Daring (on Jutland atm and loving it) so I look forward to torping the camping bastards.

BWAHAHAHAHAH! :cap_haloween:

giphy.gif

[ONE2]
Players
2,929 posts
17,207 battles
1 minute ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Conq does have the 457s.

They are more accurate (2.0 sigma), but they are only 8 guns and they still cannot overmatch 32 mm BB armor like Yama/Moo.

Awww, djäämn, there goes that theory outta window then... :Smile_ohmy::Smile_sad:

[THROW]
Players
865 posts
23,098 battles

Oh the whining recently has been top notch guys. I have had a good laugh reading all these threads crying about allegidly OP ships. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2