You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ODD_BALL2

COOP

55 comments in this topic

[PMD]
[PMD]
Players
16 posts
4,526 battles

why do you target COOP players for the worse battle credits' XP stat's per game,its a disgrace how you treat us ' we pay money as well you know.............

• Cool 4
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 2

[TU]
Players
171 posts
5,048 battles

I speculate that Coop games take more server resources, so WG does not want too many players there.

• Funny 1

[PK11]
Beta Tester
678 posts
10,573 battles
Vor 55 Minuten, ODD_BALL2 sagte:

why do you target COOP players for the worse battle credits' XP stat's per game,its a disgrace how you treat us ' we pay money as well you know.............

Co-op was originally supposed to be something like an advanced training room. You play there to try out things, then go back to random battles. WG have admitted they were surprised that there were dedicated co-op players. Then they created scenarios, to make PvE more interesting. Still there are dedicated co-op players and I assume WG still is amazed about this fact. 

In co-op you get less XP an credits as these games are over much faster than randoms and require less skill to win, sorry, no offence intended. So inthe same amount of time you could grind almost as much XP as you would in Randoms.

• Cool 3

Players
2,160 posts
1 hour ago, ODD_BALL2 said:

Don't be silly, you can easily spam a COOP win every 5-10 minutes, it's rare a game runs much past 10, if COOP had the same XP and credits as Random it would be idiotically fast to go up the tiers.

• Cool 6

[SRW]
Players
121 posts
10,532 battles

They pride themselves as a PVP MMO, so that's why. I don't play random (have less than 50 battles) just coop and scenario (Over 7K), it's not about a win or the stats for me, it's about not getting annoyed by players. I have some 10's (around 4-5, including both top CV's) so I have patience to get them all, once I get there, I'll play only training room. #saynotohumans

Increase of XP earned would only get me there faster but it makes no difference to me.

• Cool 2

[H_FAN]
Players
2,002 posts
24,105 battles
55 minutes ago, Donnerturm said:

Co-op was originally supposed to be something like an advanced training room. You play there to try out things, then go back to random battles. WG have admitted they were surprised that there were dedicated co-op players. Then they created scenarios, to make PvE more interesting. Still there are dedicated co-op players and I assume WG still is amazed about this fact. 

In co-op you get less XP an credits as these games are over much faster than randoms and require less skill to win, sorry, no offence intended. So inthe same amount of time you could grind almost as much XP as you would in Randoms.

That is true w say 95-97% WR (there are some fights where you only have few human players in the team so at higher tier/or off peak hours it can lead to losses which you in some ships can not do anything about. Bots ,ay kill each other etc.

And if you play to grind a new captain and are low on flags this can be rather alright in coop, especially with perma (100%XP) camos on T9/10.  6-8 min/game with practically only wins. If you hate the ship you play in like Yamato in random and does not like bow tanking reversing meta COOp can be OK. XP hour is then not too bad even if it is bad economy wise.

Players
1,372 posts
5,380 battles
1 hour ago, HMS_Britannia said:

It is because it takes far less skill to play coop, so the rewards are comparatively less. The bots just sail straight in.

Yeap, unlike PvP which can be quite difficult, Co-Op is just too easy (95%+ Win Rates) to be given a good amount of XP because if WG did that, everyone would swap to Co-Op. I've got around over 3K Co-Op games and it's just something you have to deal with,m although being able to play twice the number of games in a set time vs PvP also increases the XP you can earn too.

[POP]
Weekend Tester
553 posts

A lot of the T10 ships you see in coop are on a fast-grind through the stage 4 of the legendary upgrade grind (15 wins). A couple of hours of netflix and bots to grind through the stage gets you there a lot faster than trying to do it in randoms.

• Cool 3

[BGBRD]
Players
318 posts
9,557 battles
6 minutes ago, ODD_BALL2 said:

funny as a lot of clan player's drop in loads of times'playing tier 10 ships' 

Legendary upgrade mission, stage 4 - easy and fast 15 wins(100% Win Rate)... 

• Cool 1

[BGBRD]
Players
318 posts
9,557 battles

Btw with the introduction of the "snowflakes" you will see even more T8-10 players.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,457 posts
7,854 battles

You could of course increase your speed of battles by joining a PRO Coop Clan (PROCC) and grind wins faster.... faster grind, faster credits, right?

It is a thing, right? 

• Funny 1

Players
2,471 posts
2,506 battles

Hahahaha I played a few co-op games with a div-mate, he told me it is like hyenas going for meat.

Wel, no kidding. I'd say it is more like a bunch of piranhas hahahahahaaa!

Indeed you need to be FAST else the 'meat' (bots) are all finished before you can even get one. LOL.

• Cool 1

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
551 posts
8,741 battles
1 hour ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Indeed you need to be FAST else the 'meat' (bots) are all finished before you can even get one. LOL.

Yup, that's why dds are THE boats you want to be in coop. Despite getting all the focus from bots you can consistently top the scoreboard in smolbotes.

Shame wargaming scrapped bot changes that happened a couple of months ago. Sure, bots were a bit too passive, but on the other hand they made some nice plays.

Players
2,471 posts
2,506 battles
57 minutes ago, orzel286 said:

Yup, that's why dds are THE boats you want to be in coop. Despite getting all the focus from bots you can consistently top the scoreboard in smolbotes.

Shame wargaming scrapped bot changes that happened a couple of months ago. Sure, bots were a bit too passive, but on the other hand they made some nice plays.

Not just in coop. Same thing happens in PvP, have a look - ships that die in the first 2-3 minutes, ending up top of the team.

Yeah sure they did high damage... and yeah they get 'good' stats (high kills, high damage...). But win the game, well, curse the teammates.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
634 posts
11,511 battles

The bots only have one tactic, 'CHARGE!' once you figure out how to deal with that you'll get a 95+% win rate. You can fit 2 co-op games into the time it takes to play 1 random, so when you compare the rewards for 2 guaranteed co-op wins to those of a random loss I'd say they are actually rather generous.

I expect most players in co-op games are there doing mission requirements. Since they started allowing you to complete some missions in co-op it's often the easier place to do them, and you're not going to ruin any ones game by just concentrating on those missions instead of winning.

• Cool 1

Players
2,471 posts
2,506 battles
6 minutes ago, ajb13 said:

The bots only have one tactic, 'CHARGE!' once you figure out how to deal with that you'll get a 95+% win rate. You can fit 2 co-op games into the time it takes to play 1 random, so when you compare the rewards for 2 guaranteed co-op wins to those of a random loss I'd say they are actually rather generous.

I expect most players in co-op games are there doing mission requirements. Since they started allowing you to complete some missions in co-op it's often the easier place to do them, and you're not going to ruin any ones game by just concentrating on those missions instead of winning.

I thought best way would be to flank them, since the bots all rushed to the middle and caps.

ROFL. I was wrong. By the time I had position in my fat BB, they were all gone (so was 70% of the team, but hey).

• Funny 1

Players
840 posts
8,516 battles
On 11/25/2018 at 6:38 PM, ODD_BALL2 said:

Hot damn do I feel privileged for getting more xp and credits for not having to play against bots all the time. :Smile_trollface:

[BABBY]
Players
310 posts
6,952 battles
On 11/25/2018 at 7:40 PM, Donnerturm said:

Then they created scenarios, to make PvE more interesting. Still there are dedicated co-op players and I assume WG still is amazed about this fact. 

And then they proceeded to tweak those scenarios for unicum divisions making them virtually unplayable with random teams. Hence why pure coop playerbase is still doing good.

[BGBRD]
Players
318 posts
9,557 battles
1 hour ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Hot damn do I feel privileged for getting more xp and credits for not having to play against bots all the time. :Smile_trollface:

"Did you check your privileges today?" :Smile_hiding: sorry I couldn't resist :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[WGB]
Players
2,083 posts
26,335 battles

On 11/25/2018 at 5:38 PM, ODD_BALL2 said:

I had a quick co-op game in the Missouri before bed last night, although not every game is like this, I would be happy spending 8 minutes on a game making this many credits. even without the Wyvern and Zulu, its still around  300k

997641971_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2018_12.13-01_12_49_52.thumb.png.fe41c039f9538629e7fc650e754d65a8.png

241541481_World20of20Warships20Screenshot202018_12.1320-2001_08_35_84.png.png.723b6873e49553bcbf6b6494d658b43f.png

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
551 posts
8,741 battles
2 hours ago, ajb13 said:

You can fit 2 co-op games into the time it takes to play 1 random

[citation needed]

2 hours ago, ajb13 said:

so when you compare the rewards for 2 guaranteed co-op wins to those of a random loss I'd say they are actually rather generous.

Rewards for tryharding in coop are the same or lower than sucking in other modes = generous. Ok.

2cr8to4.jpg

2580xtt.jpg

28r2uls.jpg

14y3iv9.jpg

35 minutes ago, iJoby said:

I would be happy spending 8 minutes on a game making this many credits

A bit more standard game, with competent dds and being screwed by spawn location:

28inair.jpg

dci8g.jpg

Also:

On 11/25/2018 at 7:40 PM, Donnerturm said:

In co-op you get less XP an credits as these games are over much faster than randoms and require less skill to win

On 11/25/2018 at 9:17 PM, IanH755 said:

Co-Op is just too easy (95%+ Win Rates)

Yeah, and if you get to actually put effort into winning (either because your supposedly inteligent humans are worse than bots, or are just too slow to help) you get shafted big time because wg is thinking just like you.

24diul0.jpg

I don't have the credits/xp screen, but those base values are just sad.

141i78p.jpg

Look at the time it took. This is why some people are pissed, you carry your team, lead bots by the nose, and for all that effort and time - in which you could've done 2 yolo pvp games (and earned more) - you don't get anything. Well, maybe except disappointment.

I said it many times already, I'll say it one more time: wg needs to change their way of thinking about coop. But they obviously won't, I'll get the usual replies, get negrepped and after a couple of months after this thread dies out another one will pop up. And again, and again, and again. It's The Great Cycle of Crapping on Coop, which will continue until either wg decides in their infinite wisdom to scrap coop completely or pull the plug on wows.