You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Commander_Cornflakes

Wasting Credits for a purely visual thing

7 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
11,742 battles

Today I want to propose a feature that most of us probably know from other games:

Using the design of one thing with the effects of another thing.

In this case it means that you should be able to use the bonus (XP etc.) of one camo with the look of another camo.

For that I want to introduce a new feature (maybe linked to a building in the clan base) that allows you to convert 1 consumable camo to a permanent skin without any bonuses for a large amount of credits.

Let's say 20 Million credits to convert a camo into a permanent skin for one ship or 100 Million credits for a permanent skin that is usable on every ship.

And of course WG could enable this for doubloons instead of credits as well, maybe 1000 and 5000 doubloons.

The camo that you use for bonuses will be consumed with each match.

Advantages if this is implemented:

• Finally a credit dump
  • You can now use the ugly camos or special camos you want to hide but have great bonuses without having to see them
  • Did I mention credit dump already? 5de2fa1cc1.png
  • Another source of income for WG

Disadvantages:

• I don't know, but surely someone will find something and make a whiny forum thread about it.

What do you think about it? Feel free to comment.

• Cool 8

[TTT]
Players
4,108 posts
7,842 battles
9 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Disadvantages:

• I don't know, but surely someone will find something and make a whiny forum thread about it.

well, if you price it so it's a halfway reasonable credit dump for us, you make it prohibitively expensive for newer players... so yeah, no matter what you'd make the price, you'd be sure to get some form of complaint... :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

Players
4,085 posts
6,241 battles
44 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

What do you think about it? Feel free to comment.

I suggested something pretty similar like a year ago to MrConway (my idea was to construct your own camo, like pick an existing design and combine it with different bonuses - the class and number of buffs will raise the price accordingly). He said he liked the idea, will forward it and.. guess thats were we are.

Players
430 posts
4,209 battles

@Commander_Cornflakes First of all, I like the idea of skin transfers. I'd convert all my camos to "Ocean souls" just for the trolls.

What I don't understand is: why is there a need for credit dump? What's the problem with people having too many credits, what issues does it create?

Secondly, I think your assumption that this would be it (the credit dump), is, how shall I put it, on the naive side. Anything that's just a lump sum cost, cannot be an effective credit dump. Especially if it's something you're only going to purchase a limited number of. I mean, if you were going to purchase 100 universal skins, that would sort of defeat the purpose of it all, wouldn't it? And even if it cost, like you suggested 100 mil for a permanent skin that's usable on all ships, players like you will make that back in a few weeks, so it wouldn't really have a meaningful effect. BTW, the doubloon prices you suggested are EXTREMELY lowball - they'd have to be at least factor 4-5 higher to be anywhere near in line with the silver cost.

If credit dumps are really needed, I think the most effective way to implement them would bee harbour fees. If you're interested, I could go into more detail how it could work, but I don't want to hijack this thread.

But yeah, a mechanism for skin transfer, heck yes! I'm all for that!

Edit: PS. I just noticed, this was my 400th post. :cat_bubble::Smile_bajan2:

[PK11]
Beta Tester
678 posts
10,598 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, Commander_Cornflakes sagte:

Disadvantages:

The player base is like little children. You give a treat to only one child, the other one will cry as loud and as long as necessary to receive the same treat.

So in your example it would be: "WG, this is too expensive, what were you thinking, you are ruining the game."

Don't believe so? See the complain thread for black friday crate that 50k base xp is too much to ask for.

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
11,742 battles

The values will of course be tweaked by WG ^^

The point of credit sink is btw. just secondary, the skin transfer is the main thing this thread should be about.