You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Fonfalks

Suggestion about player base and customization options.

28 comments in this topic

[UIF]
Players
370 posts
5,561 battles

1)I  have always like the concept of the game

2)There have always been very bad decisions by WG - bad, overpowered mechanics like radar, stupid and unnecessary power creep, when new ships are so ridiculously overpowered it makes no sense at all and shows, only that developers are incompetent. 

3)WG has always been blind and deaf to any reasonable suggestions, even if vast majority of players support those suggestions, but i hope they will at least read this message and ponder over it. 

4) But the ABSOLUTELY WORST aspect of this game, its catastrophic, infuriating flaw is its player base. *edited i am not talking about lower tiers, it is acceptable there, people are new and still learning, i am talking about upper tiers T8- 10. 

5) Hence i have come up with this suggestion - report option does nothing and is meaningless and even, for some reason limited. We have to admit as community that every bad player has a name, some we even see more then once in a day and that is why i believe it is time to implement new option -

Substitute meaningless " report" with an option to "exclude" meaning that after the game, if people have performed badly by points i.e. are in lower 1/2 by performance we, if we chose to, should have option to click on name and "exclude" player, meaning we never play in same team with this player. 

I think this is a very good suggestion, it will not impact MM much, because it does not forbid to play against this player. Also this option guards vs abuse by only allowing to "exclude" players who have objectively performed badly, hence only 1/2 lowest are possible to exclude. 

P.s. I write this after another HORRENDOUS game on  Yamato, where i was tanking flank with 2 dds and 2 cruisers who all died in first 2 - 4 minutes. And from what? 1 of DDs - z-52 dies from first torp salvo. Second just suicides vs 2 reds cruisers. Both cruisers died from torps. I mean where do these people come from, it is maddening to play with people like these!!!After that i had no chance vs 2 shimas. Whole team killed 1 enemy ship and it was my last salvo that deleted cruiser. Literally nobody on that team did anything that was useful or a threat to enemy team. They had 3 caps from get go, killed half team in first 4 minutes. WHY do i have to play with these people AGAIN? 

WG you can improve this game SO MUCH if you implement this feature. Please consider this. 

• Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[ADRIA]
Players
4,814 posts
6,919 battles

Didn't you quit like 50 times already? I guess that once more a "welcome back, don't stay for too long" is in order:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[UIF]
Players
370 posts
5,561 battles
13 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Didn't you quit like 50 times already? I guess that once more a "welcome back, don't stay for too long" is in order:Smile_trollface:

Keep it on topic. If you can not restrain from posting here, if you want to have a back and forth with insults lets do it in private chat. I want to improve this game and i think this is  the way to go. 

Again, keep it on topic. 

• Bad 1

Players
26 posts
2,303 battles
17 minutes ago, Fonfalks said:

Keep it on topic. If you can not restrain from posting here, if you want to have a back and forth with insults lets do it in private chat. I want to improve this game and i think this is  the way to go. 

Again, keep it on topic. 

yeah calling devs incompetent is really improving the game.

a game like wows is always evolving and changing, the game will be just fine..

and if you really dont like it i would suggest to leave, or atleast make some proper suggestions without throwing insults around.

this suggestion will totally wreck the game

--Substitute meaningless " report" with an option to "exclude" meaning that after the game, if people have performed badly by points i.e. are in lower 1/2 by performance we, if we chose to, should have option to click on name and "exclude" player, meaning we never play in same team with this player.  --

everyone will probably use that option and the matchmaking as a result cant make proper matches anymore.

i see loads of these topics, like fix this do this, nerf or buff this. 

But most people dont even know what they are talking about, like game design and sometimes game knowledge.

Or people simply taking over a streamers opinion, or they just saw 1 ship performing 1 match very well and  call it op or weak.

[UIF]
Players
370 posts
5,561 battles
3 minutes ago, Somilica92 said:

yeah calling devs incompetent is really improving the game.

a game like wows is always evolving and changing, the game will be just fine..

and if you really dont like it i would suggest to leave, or atleast make some proper suggestions without throwing insults around.

this suggestion will totally wreck the game

--Substitute meaningless " report" with an option to "exclude" meaning that after the game, if people have performed badly by points i.e. are in lower 1/2 by performance we, if we chose to, should have option to click on name and "exclude" player, meaning we never play in same team with this player.  --

everyone will probably use that option and the matchmaking as a result cant make proper matches anymore.

i see loads of these topics, like fix this do this, nerf or buff this. 

But most people dont even know what they are talking about, like game design and sometimes game knowledge.

Or people simply taking over a streamers opinion, or they just saw 1 ship performing 1 match very well and  call it op or weak.

How will it wreck MM? It wont. I looked and now on server i play are 25 000 players. If i chose to exclude say 100 it will not affect MM at all, further more they can be put in teams that play against me. It would be not a difficult algorithm at all. 

P.s. i would be willing to increase wait time for top tiers, just to avoid these very, very, very bad players who ruin it for everyone. And i think most would agree.

• Bad 1

Players
4,085 posts
6,225 battles
19 minutes ago, Fonfalks said:

Again, keep it on topic. 

First: what Wilkatis said. Second: One of the most stupid suggestions ever. Anything that has been suggested ever about skill-based-mm or alike made more sense. And that says alot.

• Funny 1

[UIF]
Players
370 posts
5,561 battles
1 minute ago, ForlornSailor said:

First: what Wilkatis said. Second: One of the most stupid suggestions ever. Anything that has been suggested ever about skill-based-mm or alike made more sense. And that says alot.

Care to make an argument on why it is a stupid suggestion? 

• Bad 1

Players
26 posts
2,303 battles
4 minutes ago, Fonfalks said:

How will it wreck MM? It wont. I looked and now on server i play are 25 000 players. If i chose to exclude say 100 it will not affect MM at all, further more they can be put in teams that play against me. It would be not a difficult algorithm at all. 

P.s. i would be willing to increase wait time for top tiers, just to avoid these very, very, very bad players who ruin it for everyone. And i think most would agree.

I think the matchmaking is already fragile how it is, and adding wont help it i think.

Maybe if we had a bigger playerbase like wot it would work.

[UIF]
Players
370 posts
5,561 battles
4 minutes ago, PapVogele said:

You cant have tanked much if you let your cruisers and DDs die now can you?

You cant have good comprehension skills if you can not understand what you read. 

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[NWP]
Players
4,335 posts
6,214 battles
5 minutes ago, PapVogele said:

You cant have tanked much if you let your cruisers and DDs die now can you?

How do you tank if the enemies decide to shoot the DD/Cruisers? You cant make them stop doing that.

When a DD is being stupid, you cant help him. If a Cruiser is broadsiding, then you cant help him either :Smile_amazed:

[ADRIA]
Players
4,814 posts
6,919 battles
32 minutes ago, Fonfalks said:

Keep it on topic.

Ok. It's a stupid idea.

And since WG will never give you the ability exclude players from ever playing with you (even if just bcuz it would completely :etc_swear: up the matchmaker), feel free to give it up.

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
290 posts
3,507 battles
8 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

How do you tank if the enemies decide to shoot the DD/Cruisers? You cant make them stop doing that.

When a DD is being stupid, you cant help him. If a Cruiser is broadsiding, then you cant help him either :Smile_amazed:

Its more along the line of him saying that he was tanking, when he in fact was most likely bow on in a position so far away from the DDs and cruisers spotting for him that he couldnt support them. They then die because the enemy team either played better or because they lckes his support, and he then goes on a rant because he can’t see outside his own little BB bubble

Beta Tester
290 posts
3,507 battles
10 minutes ago, Fonfalks said:

You cant have good comprehension skills if you can not understand what you read. 

My comprehension skills are in fact so good that I know that its spelled cannot or can’t.

My comprehension skills are also so good that I know that I’m only hearing your side of the story, if the cruisers and DDs were to tell theirs it would probably be a story of a Yamato sitting bow on behind the spawn thinking he’s doing great...

• Cool 1

[PK11]
Beta Tester
671 posts
10,563 battles
Vor 20 Minuten, Fonfalks sagte:

If only you blacklist 100 players, it would be easy. But if 25000 players each have their own list, and I have a hunch many will not stop at 100, the MM will have a hard time fixing battles. The more clauses and dependencies you add the worse it will become - exponentially. 

[UIF]
Players
370 posts
5,561 battles
18 hours ago, Donnerturm said:

If only you blacklist 100 players, it would be easy. But if 25000 players each have their own list, and I have a hunch many will not stop at 100, the MM will have a hard time fixing battles. The more clauses and dependencies you add the worse it will become - exponentially. 

Still it would be very easily doable. Many players, who play well would not get reported all all, because even when losing they would be top half of table. So i really think it would be doable. However i can understand why WG will not do it. That would make this game too enjoyable for some and many others *edited players would get grouped together making them lose 99.999% of their games. I really did not think of that, even tho for good players it would be good, bad players that are very considerable amount would probably stop spending money on this game hence this would never happen. 

Ah well, such is life. 

Edited by Jenny001
Inappropriate remarks
  • Bad 1

[PK11]
Beta Tester
671 posts
10,563 battles
18 hours ago, Fonfalks said:

Still it would be very easily doable. Many players, who play well would not get reported all all, because even when losing they would be top half of table. So i really think it would be doable. However i can understand why WG will not do it. That would make this game too enjoyable for some and many others *edited players would get grouped together making them lose 99.999% of their games. I really did not think of that, even tho for good players it would be good, bad players that are very considerable amount would probably stop spending money on this game hence this would never happen. 

Ah well, such is life. 

I think I gave you a reasonable reply to your question. But instead of picking up on my answer you are merely repeating yourself.

That is not a discussion, it is a merry-go-round.

To write the code is probably rather trivial to do. But fix proper matches won't be as easy/fast. My key word was "exponentially".

[UIF]
Players
370 posts
5,561 battles
15 minutes ago, Donnerturm said:

I think I gave you a reasonable reply to your question. But instead of picking up on my answer you are merely repeating yourself.

That is not a discussion, it is a merry-go-round.

To write the code is probably rather trivial to do. But fix proper matches won't be as easy/fast. My key word was "exponentially".

Ok, but what if you would reduce it to lowest 3 - 4 players? I mean you understand that nobody, well no sane parson at least, bothers to exclude everyone all the time in every game? You have to do something stupid to get excluded, which is further more limited to that you have to be lowest 4 players xp wise and maybe even put one more limiting factor - you can not get excluded if you have any heroic or normal achievement, like first blood?

You could further more give warning to every player that excluding players may increase wait time? 

I think it is MORE then reasonable?!

• Bad 1

[JRM]
Players
152 posts
8,752 battles

Do you think that anyone want to play it with potato?? With your idea and at some time MM listen you and you have what??

One good team with wr 48-60% and others team of 48-% wr.

You need potato in your team beacuse you also need potato in enemy team, that is called balance and thats why we all have fun and all about 50%wr with max 10% dispersion.

[NWP]
Players
888 posts
8,191 battles
2 hours ago, Fonfalks said:

but i hope they will at least read this message and ponder over it. 

Dont hold your breath untill they do mate :dance_turtle:

[PK11]
Beta Tester
671 posts
10,563 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, Fonfalks sagte:

Ok, but what if you would reduce it to lowest 3 - 4 players? I mean you understand that nobody, well no sane parson at least, bothers to exclude everyone all the time in every game? You have to do something stupid to get excluded, which is further more limited to that you have to be lowest 4 players xp wise and maybe even put one more limiting factor - you can not get excluded if you have any heroic or normal achievement, like first blood?

You could further more give warning to every player that excluding players may increase wait time? 

I think it is MORE then reasonable?!

When I  read on this forum the amount of people some players have blacklisted from discussion, when I see how people tend to irrationally shout at the last player alive threatening to report him, just because they did not look at the minimap for most of the time, I  fear that many players would just wildly exclude others.

Hmmm.... thinking about it, those toxic players might blacklist so many others that they end up playing all alone. Tempting thought...

[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,469 posts
4,545 battles
18 hours ago, Fonfalks said:

1)I  have always like the concept of the game

2)There have always been very bad decisions by WG - bad, overpowered mechanics like radar, stupid and unnecessary power creep, when new ships are so ridiculously overpowered it makes no sense at all and shows, only that developers are incompetent. 

3)WG has always been blind and deaf to any reasonable suggestions, even if vast majority of players support those suggestions, but i hope they will at least read this message and ponder over it. 

4) But the ABSOLUTELY WORST aspect of this game, its catastrophic, infuriating flaw is its player base. *edited i am not talking about lower tiers, it is acceptable there, people are new and still learning, i am talking about upper tiers T8- 10. 

5) Hence i have come up with this suggestion - report option does nothing and is meaningless and even, for some reason limited. We have to admit as community that every bad player has a name, some we even see more then once in a day and that is why i believe it is time to implement new option -

Substitute meaningless " report" with an option to "exclude" meaning that after the game, if people have performed badly by points i.e. are in lower 1/2 by performance we, if we chose to, should have option to click on name and "exclude" player, meaning we never play in same team with this player. 

I think this is a very good suggestion, it will not impact MM much, because it does not forbid to play against this player. Also this option guards vs abuse by only allowing to "exclude" players who have objectively performed badly, hence only 1/2 lowest are possible to exclude. 

P.s. I write this after another HORRENDOUS game on  Yamato, where i was tanking flank with 2 dds and 2 cruisers who all died in first 2 - 4 minutes. And from what? 1 of DDs - z-52 dies from first torp salvo. Second just suicides vs 2 reds cruisers. Both cruisers died from torps. I mean where do these people come from, it is maddening to play with people like these!!!After that i had no chance vs 2 shimas. Whole team killed 1 enemy ship and it was my last salvo that deleted cruiser. Literally nobody on that team did anything that was useful or a threat to enemy team. They had 3 caps from get go, killed half team in first 4 minutes. WHY do i have to play with these people AGAIN? 

WG you can improve this game SO MUCH if you implement this feature. Please consider this. 

Sorry but are you the guy who wanted to sell his account and tried to get a permanent ban?

You are still here? Why?

Nobody will take you serious anymore!

[UIF]
Players
370 posts
5,561 battles
19 minutes ago, Arakus said:

You are still here? Why?

Nobody will take you serious anymore!

I could not care less if "nobody"will take me seriously. Don't take me seriously, take me giggling and farting, i am here because i am not banned despite asking for it, i am here because i have nothing better to do and i would like to improve this aspect of the game - horrible player base that people have to play with. 

Just now, 1v2 left, 2 base map, i am dead, but watching game. Reds have 2 cruisers, we have 1 BB full HP (as usual). Both of reds cruisers are spotted near our base and you can see they start to cap. What does our BB does, he is close to our base he just needs to sail about 10 miles and he can defend base and kill both of those low HP cruisers, what does he do? HE SAILS TOWARDS REDS BASE. YES. REALLY. YES. HE DOES THAT. YES. TO REDS BASE. YES. ...

Red cruisers capped before he even could made maps half point. Why am i force to play with this "human"? Why? Would you like to have game end like this, i bet you have seen this plenty. I had 3 kills, good damage, would have been nice win with good XP, but no 1 "player" screwed it all up for WHOLE TEAM. 

If i could i would never ever ever want to see that "player"ever again. 

• Bad 1

[H_FAN]
Players
2,002 posts
24,082 battles
4 hours ago, Fonfalks said:

You realize that all players will sooner or later have a bad game, meaning that very soon we will not have any players left

[UIF]
Players
370 posts
5,561 battles
14 hours ago, Gnirf said:

You realize that all players will sooner or later have a bad game, meaning that very soon we will not have any players left

I would never, and i think nobody reasonable, would ever ban anyone for having a bad game. What enrages me and i believe most people, is not bad game.* edited DD that hunts some silly BB in corner of the map instead of capping wide open caps as enemy has no DDs, BBS who do nothing all game just sail near edges of map looking for exit, etc, you know very well what i am talking about as do most of people who read this, and everyone understands that there is a class of players that screw it up MAJORLY for whole team gain and again and again, players who have average damage on Yamato 30000 or players who have no contribution to base capture etc, players who play so badly it is just amazing. 

Edited by Jenny001
Inappropriate remarks