You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
kennydbt

A bit odd total lose of game control hack

49 comments in this topic

Players
303 posts
5,227 battles

Hi all, the other day I playing a way when poof I lost control of my ship and the ships view. I just killed one ship zoomed in on an other then my view turned 180 in no time and then did a few more turns before i got killed as i got control back. 

Look like the Edinburgh is hacking to me I remember this hack from my old days of  playing counter strike, look like it made in it to WOWS now. 

The replay file and a video of it happening. 

https://www.filehosting.org/file/details/767105/World%20of%20Warships%202018.11.19%20-%2020.56.43.03.mp4

https://www.filehosting.org/file/details/767106/20181119_220451_PASC107-New-Orlean-1944_15_NE_north.wowsreplay

https://replayswows.com/replay/35912#stats

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 1

[TKBS]
[TKBS]
Alpha Tester
888 posts
8,096 battles

nope, is just wg coding trust me, it happens when you control click or right click to view you around

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,615 battles

For the future, if you wish to share replays, you can upload them here. And if you already have a video recording of the battle, upload it to Youtube rather than a sharehost that wants my email adress.

Also, whilst I'm by no means an expert I find it highly doubtful that some random bloke in the game could take control over your client. And if that were possible, I have even more doubts that someone with access to your client would go out of their way to concoct something as esoteric such as you losing control as opposed to just forcing your client to close down.

• Cool 3

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,322 battles
1 hour ago, kennydbt said:

my view turned 180 in no time

Any chance you use the RMB?

[CATS]
Players
19,518 posts
12,247 battles
1 hour ago, kennydbt said:

Hi all, the other day I playing a way when poof I lost control of my ship and the ships view. I just killed one ship zoomed in on an other then my view turned 180 in no time and then did a few more turns before i got killed as i got control back. 

Look like the Edinburgh is hacking to me I remember this hack from my old days of  playing counter strike, look like it made in it to WOWS now. 

The replay file and a video of it happening. 

https://www.filehosting.org/file/details/767105/World%20of%20Warships%202018.11.19%20-%2020.56.43.03.mp4

https://www.filehosting.org/file/details/767106/20181119_220451_PASC107-New-Orlean-1944_15_NE_north.wowsreplay

Yes, total hacking. When anything goes unexpected, a hacker is on your computer!

When you load a website and get 404, Hacker!

When a program crashes on your computer, Hacker!

When you get a flashing ad on your screen while browsing, Hacker!

They are everywhere, they are responsible for everything! No need to think or reseach, just blame them!

• Funny 6

Players
303 posts
5,227 battles
55 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Yes, total hacking. When anything goes unexpected, a hacker is on your computer!

When you load a website and get 404, Hacker!

When a program crashes on your computer, Hacker!

When you get a flashing ad on your screen while browsing, Hacker!

They are everywhere, they are responsible for everything! No need to think or reseach, just blame them!

You got to love the hay sayers

Is not the RMB a zoom out not a zoom and 180 view change?

It is not the RMB press as I could not turn speed up or slow down, change weapon or fire guns. Also the view was changing with me asking it to. 

Total control lock out is not done by a RMB 

It odd that I been playing from day one  open beta and this has not happen to me before ever, and the time is just so bad for me. but good for other player. 

Players
303 posts
5,227 battles
Alle 24/11/2018 alle 21:27, Aotearas ha scritto:

For the future, if you wish to share replays, you can upload them here. And if you already have a video recording of the battle, upload it to Youtube rather than a sharehost that wants my email adress.

Also, whilst I'm by no means an expert I find it highly doubtful that some random bloke in the game could take control over your client. And if that were possible, I have even more doubts that someone with access to your client would go out of their way to concoct something as esoteric such as you losing control as opposed to just forcing your client to close down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLI-d1-F_6A&feature=youtu.be

replay done and youtube for you

Alle 25/11/2018 alle 00:19, ColonelPete ha scritto:

Lucky you when you never had bugs with WoWs.

I did not say that at all.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,322 battles
41 minutes ago, kennydbt said:

That 180 thing is a bug with it since at least the CBT if not longer. Basically it has always happened - if you click RMB there's a random chance that your game for no reason at all will turn your view around 180°

43 minutes ago, kennydbt said:

It is not the RMB press as I could not turn speed up or slow down, change weapon or fire guns. Also the view was changing with me asking it to. 

This sounds exactly like you losing connection to the game, any internet problems? Maybe playing through wifi?

16 minutes ago, kennydbt said:

Oh yeah, that looks exactly like a typical RMB 180

• Cool 4

[CATS]
Players
19,518 posts
12,247 battles
14 minutes ago, kennydbt said:

I did not say that at all.

So you know that there are bugs in the game and still claim this? :fish_panic:

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,615 battles
13 minutes ago, kennydbt said:

Doesn't look like anything special really. Have had that happen to me too, annoying but ultimately not a severe problem. And the Edinburgh didn't as much profit from youre camera being wonky for what was a couple seconds at most, but from you having given him broadside for a couple salvoes before you even tried looking at him. You would've gotten sunk there even if you had no camera issue, the only difference might've been you getting another volley off, but that wouldn't have changed anything really.

So yeah, most definately not a hack at all, just the usual control shenanigans being annoying (but ultimately of negligible impact).

• Cool 3

Players
303 posts
5,227 battles
Alle 25/11/2018 alle 00:46, wilkatis_LV ha scritto:

That 180 thing is a bug with it since at least the CBT if not longer. Basically it has always happened - if you click RMB there's a random chance that your game for no reason at all will turn your view around 180°

This sounds exactly like you losing connection to the game, any internet problems? Maybe playing through wifi?

Oh yeah, that looks exactly like a typical RMB 180

I know it not a RMB as i play with my finger of the button.

No i am use a LAN connection. 

so a RMB give you a one 180 and a 90 then a 180? should it not just a 180 as you say? 

Alle 25/11/2018 alle 00:52, Aotearas ha scritto:

Doesn't look like anything special really. Have had that happen to me too, annoying but ultimately not a severe problem. And the Edinburgh didn't as much profit from youre camera being wonky for what was a couple seconds at most, but from you having given him broadside for a couple salvoes before you even tried looking at him. You would've gotten sunk there even if you had no camera issue, the only difference might've been you getting another volley off, but that wouldn't have changed anything really.

So yeah, most definately not a hack at all, just the usual control shenanigans being annoying (but ultimately of negligible impact).

Right it i was unlucky total lack of control and view just like the old hacks from CS days.

Sorry i but i dot think so. 

He did Profit it did not die, or take damage. I was forced to run a strait line at a set speed letting someone kill me. 

• Boring 3

[CATS]
Players
19,518 posts
12,247 battles

As if one could hack someone else  in less than 3 seconds....

As said, you would have sunk anyway, where is the profit?

And using keys to turn would have worked....

Players
303 posts
5,227 battles
24 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

As if one could hack someone else  in less than 3 seconds....

As said, you would have sunk anyway, where is the profit?

And using keys to turn would have worked....

That is the point the keys did not work. 

not someone but the game

Players
1,441 posts
9,951 battles
2 hours ago, kennydbt said:

Total control lock out is not done by a RMB 

It odd that I been playing from day one  open beta and this has not happen to me before ever, and the time is just so bad for me. but good for other player. 

I have had this happen to me and it is not a Hack... Inexplicably, all of a sudden, my aim is totally opposite to where I just fired... so @wilkatis_LVhas what looks like the most logical answer.

I have had times when the game is going to crash or error that I cannot fire guns, change viewpoints, speed up/slow down and then I have logged out..

Looking at your video, I am sorry to say that you have experienced the same as I have and I do not have any doubt you have not been hacked. Even if you had been aiming correctly you were likely dead anyways...

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,615 battles

Welp, no point in trying to reason someone out of a position they never used reason to get into.

Just be sure to never climb inside a microwave with all that tinfoil.

• Funny 7

Players
303 posts
5,227 battles
On 11/25/2018 at 12:31 AM, Migantium_Mashum said:

I have had this happen to me and it is not a Hack... Inexplicably, all of a sudden, my aim is totally opposite to where I just fired... so @wilkatis_LVhas what looks like the most logical answer.

I have had times when the game is going to crash or error that I cannot fire guns, change viewpoints, speed up/slow down and then I have logged out..

Looking at your video, I am sorry to say that you have experienced the same as I have and I do not have any doubt you have not been hacked. Even if you had been aiming correctly you were likely dead anyways...

I get the lock up of all controls not working can be to net lag or about to crash out. Yes it has happen to me as well. 

BUT it is not a RMB click, as i said in a post above I do not use the RMB. I play with my finger off the button. In 3 years i not have this happen to me ever, no have i zoomed out with me asking it to. 

So I find it hard that it is a bug the timing it just bad.

Also I know i cannot post it here as it rules but about 30 minuets of looking of look i lot of so called working WOWS hacks. With one hack saying they cannot target you. 

Why do players hack well ask Esport player a few of been banned for hacking. To look good just like the players that have to have every skin in the game. 

To me it  is looking like the WOT 50/50 win / lose that was all in our mind till someone found the US Patent for it. 

• Boring 1

[CATS]
Players
19,518 posts
12,247 battles
22 minutes ago, kennydbt said:

To me it  is looking like the WOT 50/50 win / lose that was all in our mind till someone found the US Patent for it. 

Now he goes full tinfoil....

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,779 posts
8,941 battles

You guys have to remember that there are people who have built up this notion of malicious forces tampering with their lives when things go wrong.

For them it's not a huge leap of logic to assume that people are hacking their computer, rigging their games etc.

While for us who live in a world of critical thinking and logic, such assumptions seem insane.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
303 posts
5,227 battles
3 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Now he goes full tinfoil....

I drop  these two there then. 

https://ritastatusreport.live/2017/01/14/world-of-tanks-console-qa-with-tj-wagner/

https://patents.google.com/patent/US8425330?oq=8%2c425%2c330

Oh that have this odd as the wargaming.net cannot be hacked why bad players for hacking?

https://thedailybounce.net/world-of-tanks/world-of-tanks-fourth-wave-of-bans/

Also at one point ANY post about the Patent was deleted almost as soon as it was posted. 

Weekend Tester
965 posts
9,786 battles

You were already dead before the screen turned. Error, no hax found....

[SIEGE]
[SIEGE]
Players
78 posts
6,832 battles

It's a bug. Happens occasionally when you RMB and the camera thinks you're looking at a section of water which you've just moved past... there's other silly things like this in the game. Next time you're at a loose end in a game, try and do this enough to get the camera inverted :3

[CATS]
Players
19,518 posts
12,247 battles
5 hours ago, kennydbt said:

https://ritastatusreport.live/2017/01/14/world-of-tanks-console-qa-with-tj-wagner/

Oh that have this odd as the wargaming.net cannot be hacked why bad players for hacking?

Also at one point ANY post about the Patent was deleted almost as soon as it was posted. 

We discussed this multiple times. That is the protected MM for new players.... :fish_palm:

Illegal mods are not hacks. Do you even know what you write about?

[ASEET]
Players
220 posts
6,693 battles
6 hours ago, kennydbt said:

Did you even read your own links? This is from the first:

"That stupid patent was filed by somebody on PC a long time ago and never implemented (Referring to a WG patent that influenced the matchmaker to keep players at around a 50% win rate)."

On WoT forums this was discussed ad infinitum (after they vised up and stopped deleting the post) and ppl found at least 3 mutually exclusive ways for MM to work in the patent. Subsequent testing all pointed to the "Random MM" being used, I.E. no buffs to your vehicle for poor play, nor any guaranteed top tier game after x number of down-tiered games. (IIRC these were the 3 major conflicting proposals in the MM patent)

Do you know why companies do this, especially in the US? They do it because there is a business practice of making patents on parts of existing technology/IP and then using that patent to extort money from the company that originally made the product. These kind of firms are known as patent trolls or patent hoarders.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patent_troll

And no, a banned mod is not the same as hacking the server. Try as you might you can't mod your tank/ship to have 100% accuracy or x10 more armour than what the game tells. Sure you can make your game UI show you this, but when you try to actually use any said features the server will just go "lol, nope and use the server-side data" and most likely tag you for the next ban wave.

Hell you could write a mod that shows that you have 10 mil on your bank acc, you really think the servers in the bank are going to believe what your PC is trying to tell them or check their own data and deny that money transfer to Panama?

Know all those fancy hack vids? Most are post production I.E. the game was played first, then the hack superimposed on top of the footage, sometimes it's straight out BS like "add gold, unlock all ships" and sometimes game mechanics shown off as hacks, like DD getting hit with 6+ torps in the aft, and yet not dying <- tho this has now been fixed by having the torpedo do 10% of max damage to a depleted section.

If someone were to actually hack WG servers all this would do is leave a huge red flag pointing to the hackers client. Also, because all tanks/ships specs are saved server-side(this is why you can't have that sweet 100% acc) any modification to those files would make all selected tanks/ships have the same hack applied to them. This means that if what you experienced was a hack, then at least all Baltimores in any and all active games would have had that camera twitch at the exact same moment. So if hacking was that easy, download a script, press a button and enemy is unable to fight, why limit it to only one ship type, why not have the entire enemy team(and some allies) get seasick behind their computer screens?

Edited by Gleb_Reawer
Checked the facts and amended the torp fix scedule from soon™ to now, kinda :P
  • Cool 2