Sign in to follow this  
Hanikamu

Freedom Containers, Level 4, Missions.

13 comments in this topic

Players
7 posts

EDIT,

As answered in the thread, the chance for missions was removed, so anyone stumbling upon this thread, you wont get missions from Freedom Containers.

My problem was that I watched Youtube videos of these containers being opened, saw each and everyone one get missions with far lesser quantities, they also mentioned the missions themselves was not in the description of the item. So I naturally and completely logically as a new player who as entirely expected did not thoroughly read every patch note before him, got those containers with the expectations to receive the same rewards, I did not, the chance were removed.

I'm fully aware that it is far-fetched of me to expect them to have considered this scenario, it was just after all an UNFORTUNATE  situation, so I will recommend a small description to be added notifying any future costumers of it. As it so happens I'm a first time costumer in WoWS and hopefully my feedback will be helpful.

OP,

Hello,

I was gifted some $$ by a family member to help boost my start in our World of Warships adventures, among them 25 Freedom containers, few problems, but it's late so I thought I'd turn here for some guidance.

It was mentioned to me they should contain a chance at some missions for Ships of various tiers and classes, having nothing better to do this late I opened them. To my dismay as I opened container after container I did not see a single mission. I understood later that I needed to progress my "Level" to use the other items which is fine, but fact remains not a single mission was to be seen in those containers, from my googling adventures it seems they should have a pretty high chance to "drop".

So I'm wondering, by opening them at such a low level (level 4) did I inadvertently reduced my chance of getting the missions to zero?

All the best

Hanikamu

Edited by Hanikamu
New information

[PUPSI]
Players
6,573 posts
Vor 24 Minuten, Hanikamu sagte:

So I'm wondering, by opening them at such a low level (level 4) did I inadvertently reduced my chance of getting the missions to zero?

you were too late, those missions were only available for a limited period of time:

vbn.thumb.JPG.ed45c225d7eb3fc6a251702487707f24.JPG

Players
7 posts
19 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

you were too late, those missions were only available for a limited period of time:

vbn.thumb.JPG.ed45c225d7eb3fc6a251702487707f24.JPG

Thanks for the information, was not my money this time but it seems in afterthought I picked the wrong item.

Though little comfort it at least calmed my nerves, shame I did not care much for the other items in the containers but I'll assume I atleast got value for it. Only wish that information was more readily available.

Hanikamu

[PUPSI]
Players
6,573 posts
Vor 6 Minuten, Hanikamu sagte:

Only wish that information was more readily available.

the content description in shop doesn't list any missions, so...

Zitat

Complete the entire "American Cruisers" collection!

Each container is guaranteed to include:

• 2 elements of the "American Cruisers" collection.
  • 20 special signals of the same type (Dragon, Wyvern, Red Dragon, Ouroboros, or Hydra).

Special signals provide the following bonuses:

• Dragon: +333% to Commander XP per battle.
  • Wyvern: +50% to credits per battle.
  • Red Dragon: +100% to XP per battle: +100% to Commander XP per battle.
  • Ouroboros: +777% to Free XP per battle.
  • Hydra: +50% to XP per battle; +150% to Commander XP per battle; +250% to Free XP per battle.
29f219323a2d40569d385af1603f3781_details

Players
7 posts
1 minute ago, Klopirat said:

the content description in shop doesn't list any missions, so...

I read it was never in the description in the first place, though I may be wrong at that. So I just assumed they were still in the containers, my fault of course, I'm not throwing any blame, just wishful thinking.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,808 posts
6,919 battles

Along with Freedom containers timing out by now always remember this:

8 hours ago, Hanikamu said:

they should contain a chance at some missions

Chance =/= guaranteed

Some will get it from 1st container, some will still get nothing after a 100. CHANCE.

Players
7 posts
4 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Along with Freedom containers timing out by now always remember this:

Chance =/= guaranteed

Some will get it from 1st container, some will still get nothing after a 100. CHANCE.

That chance was removed, I'm very well aware of gambling, your malicious reply aside,

My problem was that I watched Youtube videos of these containers being opened, saw each and everyone one get missions with far lesser quantities, they also mentioned the missions themselves was not in the description of the item. So I naturally and completely logically as a new player who as entirely expected did not thoroughly read every patch note before him, got those containers with the expectations to receive the same rewards, I did not, the chance were removed.

I'm fully aware that it is far-fetched of me to expect them to have considered this scenario, it was just after all an UNFORTUNATE  situation, so I will recommend a small description to be added notifying any future costumers of it. As it so happens I'm a first time costumer in WoWS and hopefully my feedback will be helpful.

• Angry 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,808 posts
6,919 battles
16 minutes ago, Hanikamu said:

That chance was removed

If you mean the chance from exactly these containers - I already addressed that with the "Freedom containers timed out"

My comment clearly was that it's the exact same for ALL these containers.

or example - right now the Black Friday ones. Previously the RN DD ones. The Ovechkin ones. The French BB ones.

But sure, you couldn't know how it was before, you're a new one here. Hence my explanation that it's just a chance. But hey, explaining something to a newbie apparently is seen as

malicious

So to cut a long story short - either be happy that your questions are answered and stuff is explained to you, or shove them up your snowflake :etc_swear: and don't even ask them. You whining that you were answered isn't going to earn you any positive replies :cap_tea:

I watched Youtube videos of these containers being opened

And of course someone put up a video "how I got nothing in 200 containers" instead of "whoa this luck, just 10 and I got everything"

far lesser quantities

As I said - CHANCE. Lets use 10% as example.

10% chance doesn't mean that every 10th container will give it to you. One person will get that stuff from 2 containers in a row, another will have to go through 27 "empty" ones before 28th is the one with a mission.

That 10% chance just means that on average you'll have a 1 in 10 chance of getting it. Not that you will.

21 minutes ago, Hanikamu said:

I will recommend a small description to be added notifying any future costumers of it.

Them timing out was mentioned in pretty much every announcement about it. If you got them - clearly you were paying during that time. So you not reading this wasn't a "I wsan't even playing back then" issue, it's you (or, I guess, in this case more the person gifting them to you) simply not reading what's said about them

Players
7 posts
29 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

If you mean the chance from exactly these containers - I already addressed that with the "Freedom containers timed out"

My comment clearly was that it's the exact same for ALL these containers.

or example - right now the Black Friday ones. Previously the RN DD ones. The Ovechkin ones. The French BB ones.

But sure, you couldn't know how it was before, you're a new one here. Hence my explanation that it's just a chance. But hey, explaining something to a newbie apparently is seen as

So to cut a long story short - either be happy that your questions are answered and stuff is explained to you, or shove them up your snowflake :etc_swear: and don't even ask them. You whining that you were answered isn't going to earn you any positive replies :cap_tea:

And of course someone put up a video "how I got nothing in 200 containers" instead of "whoa this luck, just 10 and I got everything"

As I said - CHANCE. Lets use 10% as example.

10% chance doesn't mean that every 10th container will give it to you. One person will get that stuff from 2 containers in a row, another will have to go through 27 "empty" ones before 28th is the one with a mission.

That 10% chance just means that on average you'll have a 1 in 10 chance of getting it. Not that you will.

Them timing out was mentioned in pretty much every announcement about it. If you got them - clearly you were paying during that time. So you not reading this wasn't a "I wsan't even playing back then" issue, it's you (or, I guess, in this case more the person gifting them to you) simply not reading what's said about them

I started playing yesterday evening. Using caps while repeating "CHANCE" obviously can't be taken is having an undertone of maliciousness in it, while additionally the fact that I was already answered seemingly escaped you. I had reasons to think those videos was not promoted by wargaming. 

Newcomer or not, being called an idiot subtly or clearly, is simply not very nice, furthermore, explaining something to anyone does not give you a free pass to be rude.

But in case this was not meant as such, I do apologize.

[SM0KE]
Players
2,586 posts
6,443 battles

@Hanikamu You've already solved your problem I see.

For future reference, a lot of stuff in the game like this is time-limited, so I'd be wary of YouTube information unless it is very current. If you're ever in any doubt about stuff, be it containers, or missions, or any aspect of the game generally, ask on here - *most* people will be happy to help.

BTW if you haven't found it yet, check out the wiki (http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/World_of_Warships) - as well as obvious stuff like the ships information, there's quite a bit of good information on things like mechanics, the in-game economy, and so on. It's a wiki, so (obviously) don't expect 100% accuracy, but it's usually pretty good...

Players
7 posts
4 hours ago, Verblonde said:

@Hanikamu You've already solved your problem I see.

For future reference, a lot of stuff in the game like this is time-limited, so I'd be wary of YouTube information unless it is very current. If you're ever in any doubt about stuff, be it containers, or missions, or any aspect of the game generally, ask on here - *most* people will be happy to help.

BTW if you haven't found it yet, check out the wiki (http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/World_of_Warships) - as well as obvious stuff like the ships information, there's quite a bit of good information on things like mechanics, the in-game economy, and so on. It's a wiki, so (obviously) don't expect 100% accuracy, but it's usually pretty good...

Thanks for the info,

Saw your post, been messing around on the wiki the past few hours for more details to fill any gaps, and being a quick learner the last few days have taught me most of what is to be known of the game except it's history and naturally, the finer details of game-play.

As with the vast majority of communities mountains of toxicities in the in-game chat but it was to be expected, so might turn it off to not distract me from my learning experience, but nothing compared to the absolute unit of salt that has been WoT for me, which is a nice change of pace. Actually had some friendly conversations, witty exchanges and tips given freely without baked-in harassment, pleasantly surprised me, might actually stay awhile.

[SM0KE]
Players
2,586 posts
6,443 battles
8 minutes ago, Hanikamu said:

As with the vast majority of communities mountains of toxicities in the in-game chat but it was to be expected, so might turn it off to not distract me from my learning experience, but nothing compared to the absolute unit of salt that has been WoT for me, which is a nice change of pace. Actually had some friendly conversations, witty exchanges and tips given freely without baked-in harassment, pleasantly surprised me, might actually stay awhile.

I play both too; with an occasional overly-enthusiastic-emulator-of-Onan excepted, the WOWS player base seems to be a lot more civilised than that of WOT.

I generally leave chat on at the moment (and use blacklist for any particularly annoying pillocks) - enough people include useful information about things like what they plan to do etc. that I still find it useful now and again (especially in CW etc.)...

Sign in to follow this