You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
LandlubberWookie_IRL

BB *edit

34 comments in this topic

Players
11 posts
6,611 battles

Yamato, 3 pens on another BB........4k damage....set on fire twice...use damage control and then health regeneration....in the space of the modules timing out from use....then set on fire again 3 times.....awesome mechanics....really awesome. Looking forward to BB's going the way CV's did with no one bothering to play them much in the future.....

• Funny 9
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 1

Alpha Tester
1,836 posts
5,319 battles
2 minutes ago, LandlubberWookie_IRL said:

no one bothering to play them much in the future

Yes, I'm afraid that the 2 year+ of dwindling battleship numbers will be the end of the class...

Clearly, everything BB related needs to be buffed!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 7

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
11,742 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, LandlubberWookie_IRL sagte:

Yamato, 3 pens on another BB........4k damage....set on fire twice...use damage control and then health regeneration....in the space of the modules timing out from use....then set on fire again 3 times.....awesome mechanics....really awesome. Looking forward to BB's going the way CV's did with no one bothering to play them much in the future.....

Maybe you should ... not waste a damage con for just two fires? Fire damage is 100% healable anyway.

• Cool 3

[-AP-]
Players
745 posts
2,918 battles
1 hour ago, LandlubberWookie_IRL said:

Its not the ships fault: https://wows-numbers.com/player/532144100,LandlubberWookie_IRL/

[SOCKS]
Players
783 posts
5,479 battles
19 minutes ago, thiextar said:

Considering the kind of potatoes I witness every battle and whose stats I check, this dude is a superstar in comparison. 50% WR? Almost 1000PR?.  Compared with the average braindead potato who plays this game those are superunicum stats...

But yeah. Wow. That OP was...yeah. I'm at a bit of loss of words here XD.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[DAVY]
Players
479 posts
4,337 battles

im glad every single time a baby thread is put up.  BBs are seriously the most useless class in this game 90% of the time and can't be bothered to pull the tampon out to take some dmg.  I am glad you got wrecked and hope you get wrecked some more.

[CATS]
Players
15,923 posts
11,172 battles
8 hours ago, LandlubberWookie_IRL said:

Yeah, sure....

image.thumb.png.460386d2c67a96b30fd80b83505a747b.png

BB playerbase looks quite stable....

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles

OPs post history:

mBLhJ0z.png

So hold your horses everyone, if he didn't get what "learn damage control" means the 1st 3 times he had this exact whine he won't learn it in the 4th either :fish_palm:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 13

Players
156 posts
1,429 battles
12 hours ago, LandlubberWookie_IRL said:

How have you reached tier 10 and still not have even a basically idea how the game works? It is astounding the amount of whine and complain about the game because people are too dumb to even learn the very basics and just pay their way to top tier.

Get gud! Learn when to use the damage control party, when to use a heal. Use the right modules, upgrades. Both YouTube and the forum is literally overflowing with advice and how to play the game, explaining the mechanics and effects.

BB is not going the way of the cv too many players, also BB tend to be very forgiving class to play and thus attracts the glue sniffing horde.

• Cool 5

[JRM]
Players
157 posts
8,780 battles

While i for the past 3years finished almost all ca and bb that i wanted, now perfectly timed and play only dds grind, now on Benson, Lighting, z23 and second line ijn, so im enjoy dds since no more pen and can rush some poor bbs.

• Cool 1

Players
1,106 posts
8,552 battles
2 hours ago, Hyperion84 said:

Get gud!

Careful saying that here or you'll get some hyper sensitive clown chelping back because you have the audacity to use those two words...

• Cool 1

[M_OB]
Players
432 posts
3,940 battles

I used to be a BB main and then I took an RNG to the knee.

No BBs arent underpowered and yes a lot of people play them because it requires little skill to do damage in them. The actual BB gameplay in todays meta is however horrificly bad. It is completely RNG if you do 1000 damage or 40k damage to a broadside cruiser. Some days youll wreck everything and some days the game just says NO and then you wont hit anything and your stats will dwindle.

Something also happend in the last patch, you seem to be set on fire much much easier than before. Fires have always been frustrating but now I get atleast 10 fires or more per game with my BBs which means youll constantly have to pull back and heal up for a few minutes. Which ofcourse causes sniping behavior which just makes RNG an even higher factor.

I dont know how to make BB gameplay better but you could even nerf them if it makes them less RNG based. Nerf the alpha damage and increase the accuracy and sigma drasticly for example. Or reward damage tanked with xp and credits so damage is a smaller factor.

Just FYI, BBs will always be the most played class, no matter how much you nerf them. People will always want to play the big famous battleships, thats why I do it. Most of my ships are BBs, not because I like BB gameplay but because I want the famous ships

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,197 posts
14,454 battles
17 minutes ago, AdmiralDing3Ling said:

BBs will always be the most played class, no matter how much you nerf them.

This is funny because 3 years ago BBs were far behind cruisers in battles played because cruisers were the braindead class of the game (higher fire chance, fire dealt more damage, HE always penetrated regardless of armor).

Then WG nerfed the :etc_swear: out of cruisers and made BBs braindead. And BBs have remained the most braindead, thus most popular class of the game.

Another example? CVs used to be reasonably popular (you saw CVs in matches more often than not) back then until WG hit them with the nerfhammer for 2 consecutive years, making sure that only the best of the best can succeed.

Thus you can be more than assured that if you nerf BBs to the ground that it'll ultimately affect player numbers regardless of their historical (in-)significance.

[AAO]
Players
1,806 posts
9,603 battles

16 hours ago, LandlubberWookie_IRL said:

Looking forward to BB's going the way CV's did with no one bothering to play them much in the future....

How dare you people all laugh at this gentleman.

I've seen at least 2 games the last week where there were less than five BBs per side. Clearly the numbers are dwindling..

• Funny 4

Players
2,160 posts
6 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

How dare you people all laugh at this gentleman.

I've seen at least 2 games the last week where there were less than five BBs per side. Clearly the numbers are dwindling..

Can't be, must have been an optical illusion.

Simple answer hard limit BB numbers to 3 a team, job done :cap_horn:

Beta Tester
1,276 posts
7,933 battles
8 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Yeah, sure....

image.thumb.png.460386d2c67a96b30fd80b83505a747b.png

BB playerbase looks quite stable....

@ColonelPete

May I ask where you found this image? I can see that it is located on WG EU servers, did someone from WG post this or is there a way for players to check this regularly?

45 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

This is funny because 3 years ago BBs were far behind cruisers in battles played because cruisers were the braindead class of the game (higher fire chance, fire dealt more damage, HE always penetrated regardless of armor).

Then WG nerfed the :etc_swear: out of cruisers and made BBs braindead. And BBs have remained the most braindead, thus most popular class of the game.

Another example? CVs used to be reasonably popular (you saw CVs in matches more often than not) back then until WG hit them with the nerfhammer for 2 consecutive years, making sure that only the best of the best can succeed.

Thus you can be more than assured that if you nerf BBs to the ground that it'll ultimately affect player numbers regardless of their historical (in-)significance.

....... and still CVs dominate the game in every single way. Even better, CV apologists where already 3 years ago whining about unfair and OP AA, lmao.

Also the slightly higher popularity right after release mainly came from the fact that CVs back then, due to even bigger faceroll potential, farmed far far more credits and XP than even premium ships could at that time. A pretty bad joke joke, and instead of nerfing the OP CVs back into the row with the other classes, WG first messed with their credit and XP factors.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,716 posts
9,234 battles
16 hours ago, LandlubberWookie_IRL said:

Looking forward to BB's going the way CV's did with no one bothering to play them much in the future.....

What a coincidence, me too !

• Funny 2