Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
morgoroth

Blacklist limit

12 comments in this topic

[_OPC_]
Players
442 posts
12,766 battles

As there is no XVM in this tanks on waters I have to ask what is the limit of blacklist ... the use of it should be self explanatory

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,570 battles
1 minute ago, morgoroth said:

As there is no XVM in this tanks on waters

Pretty sure there is. Or alternatively I've come across people who've got stat trackers on speed dial considering how fast I've seen people declare a game lost before the match start countdown ticked to zero.

• Funny 2

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,322 battles
21 minutes ago, morgoroth said:

tanks on waters

e5af265e8602a0cce2164bca9287f6cda6c22280

23 minutes ago, morgoroth said:

there is no XVM

But there are plenty other options doing more or less the same

23 minutes ago, morgoroth said:

I have to ask what is the limit of blacklist ... the use of it should be self explanatory

Blacklisting someone = you wont see any typed messages by that player. Pings will still show up.

21 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Pretty sure there is. Or alternatively I've come across people who've got stat trackers on speed dial considering how fast I've seen people declare a game lost before the match start countdown ticked to zero.

MM Monitor probably. Tried it, quit before severe depression had taken too strong of a hold :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 3

[_OPC_]
Players
442 posts
12,766 battles
14 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

e5af265e8602a0cce2164bca9287f6cda6c22280

And in what part this is close to fleet combat??

the 5km concealment, "uber gps radio positioning" etc?

14 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Blacklisting someone = you wont see any typed messages by that player. Pings will still show up.

MM Monitor probably. Tried it, quit before severe depression had taken too strong of a hold :Smile_trollface:

don't care about messages pings and other shits form primates all I care about is the knowledge that there is an one brain cell primate in may team - i can find them by myself quite easly

• Cool 1

Players
4,158 posts
9,245 battles
43 minutes ago, morgoroth said:

As there is no XVM in this tanks on waters I have to ask what is the limit of blacklist ... the use of it should be self explanatory

I can confirm that it is possible to add at least roughly 170 people to your blacklist. 100 is definitely not the limit in the game (no idea where I got the 100 from though, probably some other game or something).

However, I should warn you that it will make your contact list very slow to use and scroll through.

The 170 is a rough count, as the scrolling was a bit difficult. So don't put people on your black list for no good reason at all.

[_OPC_]
Players
442 posts
12,766 battles
Just now, NothingButTheRain said:

I can confirm that it is possible to add at least roughly 170 people to your blacklist. 100 is definitely not the limit in the game.

However, I should wanr you that it will make your contact list very slow to use and scroll through.

The 170 is a rough count, as the scrolling was a bit difficult. So don't put people on your black list for no good reason at all.

Who cares the UI is already so crappy that it doesn't matter ... the funny thing is that games 20 years old have better UI then WoWs even WoT has better... but hey we have "twilight battles" and some retard proof CV rework

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Players
4,158 posts
9,245 battles
2 minutes ago, morgoroth said:

Who cares the UI is already so crappy that it doesn't matter ... the funny thing is that games 20 years old have better UI then WoWs even WoT has better... but hey we have "twilight battles" and some retard proof CV rework

I don't agree with your wording, but the UI is something that I think should really get prioritised a bit more.

It's almost memelevels and that's a shame as I really like this game.

For instance, the backlist shouldn't even need to lookup if these people are online or not or which rank they have.

Since I have no interest in communicating with them anymore, their online status is something that I can easily live without :Smile-_tongue:

But my guess would be that it would make browsing through this list a bit faster (if not a lot faster).

• Cool 1

[HF_30]
Players
1,373 posts

All I can tell is that it is very easily doable to put so many people on your blacklist, that even attempting to open it will reliably crash your client. I therefore can't really tell how many culprits are on it at this point, but since I picked up the habit a long while ago I wouldn't be surprised at all if I'd be into quadruple digits territory by now.

Players
492 posts
5,039 battles

Not aware of a limit. Over 500 at the moment, mostly due to grinding silver ships through a sea of Kamikazes that early on I decided to blacklist (at first it was out of frustration, then it turned into a way of spotting dirty seal clubbers, and now it's just a reflex action).

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,321 posts
8,190 battles
4 hours ago, EgyptOverseer said:

Not aware of a limit. Over 500 at the moment, mostly due to grinding silver ships through a sea of Kamikazes that early on I decided to blacklist (at first it was out of frustration, then it turned into a way of spotting dirty seal clubbers, and now it's just a reflex action).

You do realize that the blacklist does not mean you will not meet these players in-game again?  It just stops them from sending you messages either in-game or in chat.

[HF_30]
Players
1,373 posts

Does it really matter why you'd prefer never to hear a word from the buggers again tho? Either they're already known to you to missbehave in chat - why would you deal with that again, if it can be prevented? - or to be horrible shitters - why would you want to listen to their advice? - or whatevers, there are plenty of valid reasons and they differ from individual to individual. No matter what tho, it's handy to keep track, so you have at least some warning if and when the players around you are not to be trusted.

Players
492 posts
5,039 battles
7 hours ago, BrusilovX said:

You do realize that the blacklist does not mean you will not meet these players in-game again?  It just stops them from sending you messages either in-game or in chat.

Yes, I do.

Admittedly, at the start I wasn't, because this information is not easily available to new players. In fact, the whole Karma system and reporting as well as what right clicking on a profile does is not clear to new players. This inevitably leads to frustration, and ultimately subverts the very foundation of placing this community control mechanism in the hands of players. It's really just a way to cut costs in managing a community, but no company that relies on having a cooperative community can ultimately afford to fully outsource its management. It's just unfortunate that this business model worked in WoT. Not many free to play games make profit while endorsing or simply enabling an extremely toxic community environment. It only works because it's a model in a game designed to inflict pain and loss onto other members of the community. A frustrated player in a PvP FTP is likely to buy OP tools to defeat the type of player that frustrates him. Coincidentally, the same type of player is therefore less likely to feel part of a community if he feels isolated and then makes a point about doing the opposite of teamwork.

Sign in to follow this