You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Weekly Missions and Specials: Black Friday Madness! - Discussion Thread

12 comments in this topic

[GBONM]
Players
57 posts
21,613 battles

I had to do a double take. No they did not REALLY mean THAT. MUST be a MISTAKE. So I decided to play till I got the confirmation. Nope, my eyes have not deceived me. Wargaming have officially LOST IT. Yeap, the third Black Friday containers mission requires 50,000 FREE XP. No mistake on the zeros. No mistake on the type of XP. No, it is not Base XP. No, it is not Commander XP. It is Free XP. And not only will you not get the container unless you are prepared to destroy your life with 24/7 gaming, you will also not qualify for the super easy (comparatively) next stage of 50,000 Base XP. Bizarre. Perhaps there is an explanation, which has to be one of the following options: 

a) Certain WG staff are psychotic sadists and have evil intentions. They take pleasure out of this kind of stuff. 

b) Someone has a problem with their basic arithmetic. Like, take 1200 base xp, multiply by 5% (it is 60). Then take 50,000, divide by the number of the previous result. That result (833) is the number of games required to achieve the mission. Assume three games per hour. Then compare with hours per day, and days per week: 3x24x7= 504 games per week, non stop (i.e. no time to sleep, go to bathroom, eat, drink or engage in pleasurable activities). SO you need ten days of that, or thereabouts, to get your mission accomplished. But we have 12 days to get there so no problems, 10 days flat out and two days rest in between. Yeap... Children at primary school should be able to do this math but perhaps not the persons who designed this mission. 

c) Basic error, they saw it after the launch of the patch but would rather not admit to a mistake so they left it there.

Since game launch there have been only two other times when they failed so miserably in designing the criteria for achieving a mission but I suspect this one tops them: firstly in the Q1 2015 (or was it 2016) missions when they asked for 3200 base XP in single battle, which is not doable for non-premium players unless super lucky (even if super-unicom). They never did that mistake again of such a high target. Secondly when the 2016 Kamikaze missions came with very hard demands (I just about saved my marriage) and the sadistic "first 1000 people by points gained get a free camo" with no indication how bad or good you were doing. But I suspect that this 50,000 base XP really tops the lot. 

I have been a regular player with over 20k battles since game launch and I feel angry and insulted like never before. This is not the kind of mistake that one attributes simply to poor judgement, or to poor understanding of statistics which we see often (see the Yueyang nerf where good ship statistics were misinterpreted to mean OP). Nope. This is the special, truly exceptional kind of mistake where you can only attribute to severe lack of brain cells or just to plain evil design.    

CHANGE Black Friday Combat Mission Part 3 NOW before the rest of the community wakes up to what you have done.  

Edited by ATH67
spelling
  • Cool 2

Players
49 posts

Yup, that with the 50k free XP is insane. And all this to get 2 black camos from a container :)

You basically need to use the free XP flags or you are screwed. Luckily I have 90+ of those 777% flags (no idea why I have so many, maybe from SC), combined them with camo, XP and regular free XP flags (300%) and I managed to get ~15,5k free XP today by playing that stupid operation killer whale.

Maybe I could earn more if I played random battles instead and if I had luck with teams, but I'm strictly refusing to join randoms at weekends.  

So, those 50k free XP are doable in about 5 days, but you badly need those free XP flags, all of them.

Players
1 post
1,748 battles

Hello everyone.

The black Friday containers deal is a bit defected... Opened 2 of those. 4 flags and 250 db (not 1250) So its surely not worth to play or to buy.

RNG or 5-10% to get a ship ? Yeah, sure.

[A-TOM]
Beta Tester
51 posts
4,007 battles

Is it made in purpose or just stupid mistake? If we take 1050 exp as an average (calculated basing on the statistics from WoWS Stats & Numbers) then we have: 

Part I - 48 battles (If you play in clan, using mostly daily bonuses it can be done in less than 35 battles i think)

Part II - similar as above

Part III - that would require over 950 battles!!! 

Part IV - 48 battles

In total over 1050 battles in 14 days, that gives average 75 battles per day, which is not possible to be done by anybody I believe. Only by bots. I cannot imagine any F2P player even trying to do this. Assuming we have premium account, lots of premium ships, will play only with daily bonuses with 50% WR we need 27 battles a day (and 27 premium ships tier V+ ofc). This would bring time required down to 9 hrs. I believe most players do not have that many ships in total and only really small part has that number of premiums.

Some could say "use signals, Papa Papa gives + 300% bonus". Let's check. If we play only with daily bonuses with 50% WR, partly with prem ships, partly with regular ones, we could go down to 500-600 battles. Using Papa Papa would bring it down to 125-150 battles. Considering the value of them, I would rather buy 1 premium container in the shop - same money but much bigger reward.

Conclusion - the number should be lowered to 5000 free exp. It would still be the most demanding part, but reasonable. Especially considering the reward.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
514 posts
13,001 battles

True, that 50k free xp mission is a bit too much since I'm out of those speshul flags that I used to farm free xp for the tier x legendary upgrades...

[GBONM]
Players
57 posts
21,613 battles
10 minutes ago, Sznyper said:

Is it made in purpose or just stupid mistake? If we take 1050 exp as an average (calculated basing on the statistics from WoWS Stats & Numbers) then we have: 

Part I - 48 battles (If you play in clan, using mostly daily bonuses it can be done in less than 35 battles i think)

Part II - similar as above

Part III - that would require over 950 battles!!! 

Part IV - 48 battles

In total over 1050 battles in 14 days, that gives average 75 battles per day, which is not possible to be done by anybody I believe. Only by bots. I cannot imagine any F2P player even trying to do this. Assuming we have premium account, lots of premium ships, will play only with daily bonuses with 50% WR we need 27 battles a day (and 27 premium ships tier V+ ofc). This would bring time required down to 9 hrs. I believe most players do not have that many ships in total and only really small part has that number of premiums.

Some could say "use signals, Papa Papa gives + 300% bonus". Let's check. If we play only with daily bonuses with 50% WR, partly with prem ships, partly with regular ones, we could go down to 500-600 battles. Using Papa Papa would bring it down to 125-150 battles. Considering the value of them, I would rather buy 1 premium container in the shop - same money but much bigger reward.

Conclusion - the number should be lowered to 5000 free exp. It would still be the most demanding part, but reasonable. Especially considering the reward.

Yes, I suspect that they meant to say 5,000 Free XP, someone made a mistake and added a zero and they are too embarrassed/proud to admit it and would rather persevere on this. 

[A-TOM]
Beta Tester
51 posts
4,007 battles
1 hour ago, ATH67 said:

Yes, I suspect that they meant to say 5,000 Free XP, someone made a mistake and added a zero and they are too embarrassed/proud to admit it and would rather persevere on this. 

Errare humanum est, perseverare autem diabolicum, et tertia non datur (To err is human; to persist is of the devil, and the third possibility is not given) as Seneca the Younger said. Or is Cuiusvis errare: insipientis nullius nisi, in errore perseverare (Anyone can err, but only the fool persists in his fault) - Cicero. We'll see: humans or foolish devils? The alternative (they did it in purpose) is much worse. 

Players
2 posts
48 battles

This is terrible.
The news portal is totally unclear.
And the beginner players are given NOTHING

[A-TOM]
Beta Tester
51 posts
4,007 battles

Apparently nobody cares. We have a mission that makes zero sense. I'm not gonna to burn my camos and signals just to get 3 containers with a few camos. Probably by the end of the year we will get better than +50% daily bonuses, so I save them until then.

Players
49 posts

Done with the 50k free XP in 4 days. Thank god I had those free XP flags and camos. Reward from container for the free XP grind: 2 Type 59 camos... What a joke.

But at least this free XP is useful for me because I have neither Musashi nor Kronstadt.

• Cool 1