You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Reaper_JackGBR

Black Friday Missions, 50k BASE XP

120 comments in this topic

Players
3,210 posts
7,340 battles
3 hours ago, Negativvv said:

There could be a T8 Prem ship in those rewards or more likely it'll be 20 camos however.

So I can understand the high requirements even if I think it's an utter waste of time.

My first crate was 1 day of premium, oh well

[SM0KE]
Players
2,862 posts
6,667 battles
22 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

source?

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/sales-and-deals/black-friday/#missions

Although they don't give odds (poor form), the possible contents on the paid crates are about 2/3 of the way down the page, whilst the possible contents of the freebies are listed nearer the bottom - after the mission chain info.

As with previous containers, the various things in the freebies are lesser in some way, or fewer than in the paid ones - it's usually done this way.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,006 battles
6 hours ago, Reaper_JackGBR said:

50k free xp

If you don't use Free XP boosts that's like 1 000 000 XP to collect :Smile_veryhappy:

50k BASE xp

Averaging 1.3k XP per game with 3 games played per hour... 13h of gameplay, and probably at least 5 bottles of vodka as it's a weekend

Then again, you have 2 weeks to do it so should be perfectly possible just by playing normally

5 hours ago, black_falcon120 said:

They are the same. 

No they're not. Premium containers ALWAYS have a better drop chance than normal ones

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
4,604 posts
6,349 battles

Played 4 matches Dynamo today which got me the first 2 stages done. If i would have more flags, i could do 50 FreeXP in an additional 2 Matches.

Ok 50k BASEXP is tricky, that would probably take me ~17-20 games (2,7-3k BaseXP each roughly), which would be 5h of playing.

Imo the first 3 stages are fine, but 50k BaseXP is not, so i somehow agree with OP.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Yeah these boxes are NOT the same as the wallet ones.

Which surely means it's essentially a futile exercise grinding all 4. Might not even be 20 camos in these ones :Smile_hiding:

Unless someone who has already got the first stage can advise?

• Cool 1

Players
3,210 posts
7,340 battles
4 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Which surely means it's essentially a futile exercise grinding all 4. Might not even be 20 camos in these ones :Smile_hiding:

My first container was a day of premium. Second one was 5k FXP I think.

Haven't gotten the 3rd crate yet, but the 50k BXP will probably take 'somewhat' longer.

[SCRUB]
Players
980 posts
7,897 battles
9 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

I got 4 camos. Not worth grinding the base xp for. 

[BOATY]
Players
697 posts
10,139 battles

What. The. Fudge. 

797915891_Thankfulmyass.jpg.7cb1d095e1243d72da087d8351bfe029.jpg

So we have to do 50k commander xp, then 50k normal xp, then 50k free xp (which will take at least a few days) which leaves us with only 7-9 days left to do 50k BASE xp. Even for a unicum that's a solid 3 hours a day for a week. 

This is exactly the kind of time gating bs we've been TRYING to warn you about Wargaming. 

Also the rewards of only two containers for 50k base xp? Yeah not worth it, I'm not even going to bother with such retarded requirements, thanks for managing to turn me off the game even more after what was the RN mission time gate fiasco...

Hint: how much base xp a won CB game gives? 

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
17 hours ago, Episparh said:

Hint: how much base xp a won CB game gives? 

Isn't it something like 400 for a loss and 2500 for a win for everyone?

17 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

My first container was a day of premium. Second one was 5k FXP I think.

Haven't gotten the 3rd crate yet, but the 50k BXP will probably take 'somewhat' longer.

17 hours ago, Reaper_JackGBR said:

I got 4 camos. Not worth grinding the base xp for. 

Hmm well the Wallet Boxes give 20 camo and 35k FXP...

So the grind crates are kinda pathetic unless you win a ship. I know lol whine about free stuff etc but you're essentially grinding for 4 camos per stage or about 80p for a single day of Premium...

• Cool 1

[NKK]
Beta Tester
668 posts
6,686 battles
7 hours ago, nambr9 said:

Agreed.

But tbh, things are not gonna change. Long are gone the days where you bought the game, full price (or not) and then you enjoyed playing it at your convenience.

Now every game tries to milk you via microtransactions... and if not for money, then for your time spent in the game.

I just started playing Destiny 2... tho it looks and feels good, its infested with same crap.

As for WoWS... I gave up. Not keeping on track with everything, no more time limited grinding (the stupidest thing). I just play casual now. Got more ships in port than I will ever need.

I bought Marvel's Spiderman, God of War and Detroid, become human during BF. 50€ the first one, 30€ each of the other two. With all DLC included. And they are GREAT games.

There is some good stuff out there, just look for it. You can also get RDR2, full game, a bit more expensive.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
3,962 posts
14,648 battles
13 hours ago, kfa said:

Oh. My. God.

It is free stuff for playing, the more active players get more.

Would you be happier without this mission?

Uhm.. yes?

Missions like this usually make people play like egoistic idiots, trying everything to maximise their exp gains (= damage, damage and even more damage) instead of playing to win the game (because they think more damage in a loss would give them more exp than less damage in a win)

So yes, I'd rather see a different reward mechanic...

Players
205 posts
15,973 battles

Funny that ya`ll have bigger issues with the 50k Base Xp but no bit with the 50k Free Xp before it.

Since free Xp is only 1/10th of the Base Xp i really wonder how ya`ll think as a no sweater O.o

• Funny 1

[NWP]
Players
4,604 posts
6,349 battles
3 minutes ago, StoneRhino said:

Funny that ya`ll have bigger issues with the 50k Base Xp but no bit with the 50k Free Xp before it.

Since free Xp is only 1/10th of the Base Xp i really wonder how ya`ll think as a no sweater O.o

For that you have Flags/Camos. With super Camo + all Flags you can get like 30k and more with 2k+ BaseXP.

Doesnt exist for BaseXP ofc :fish_book:

• Cool 3

[BYOB]
Players
3,455 posts
12,329 battles

I don't expect anything from the boxes, and they don't surprise me.

For the effort the contents are worthless. At least i can do those missions on the side as i'm grinding stuff, otherwise I would be *edit.

Edited by xxTANK_Uxx
Inappropriate remarks

Players
2,165 posts
8 hours ago, Negativvv said:

Hmm well the Wallet Boxes give 20 camo and 35k FXP...

So the grind crates are kinda pathetic unless you win a ship. I know lol whine about free stuff etc but you're essentially grinding for 4 camos per stage or about 80p for a single day of Premium...

Indeed, I've decided not to bother, I'm suffering from a large dose of CBA and grinding the Cossack stuff has worn me down a bit.

• Cool 1

Players
41 posts
6,428 battles

Some people will complain, about the weather, about their job, about their partner, and about this game.

You do not have to play this game. Its entirely up to Wargaming if and how they want to give you free stuff in a free to play game.

Grinding for a box, up to wargaming. Exploding ships, up to wargaming. Epicentre, up to wargaming. Storms, up to wargaming. Radar, up to wargaming. A free xp or coal ship, up to wargaming. A premium ship for 999 euro or 1,99 euro, up to wargaming.

Some people like to complain complain complain.

If you dont like things in this game, live with it, snowflake.

• Bad 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
2,739 posts
15 hours ago, black_falcon120 said:

They are the same. 

I am afraid they are not.

The first non-money black friday container I opened contained 5,000 freeXP instead of the 35,000 the money containers provide. Wargaming forgot to mention this difference in all their articles.

@MrConway care to comment? (oh... I see... there is an added graphic but no further text mentioning it anywhere)

Edit: D'oh! Missed the second page. Difference is already mentioned.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
519 posts
2,010 battles
1 minute ago, Egoleter said:

I am afraid they are not.

The first non-money black friday container I opened contained 5,000 freeXP instead of the 35,000 the money containers provide. Wargaming forgot to mention this difference in all their articles.

10 hours ago, black_falcon120 said:

sorry i was wrong.

I know :( I've opened two of them and iv only got camos :(

Players
2,184 posts
3,836 battles
On 11/23/2018 at 7:25 PM, kfa said:

Oh. My. God.

It is free stuff for playing, the more active players get more.

Would you be happier without this mission?

And the less active players won't give an *edit about it nor consider to farm it.

Chances are 99% you will get that Type 59 camo x10, so good luck with your sweaty hands during the farm.

This is just another money bait for players. Tho its less idiotic then those pumpkin containers which was garbage for 3€.

I think i'll stay in Destiny 2 game for now. 

Edited by xxTANK_Uxx
Inappropriate remarks
  • Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,858 posts
10,062 battles
1 hour ago, StoneRhino said:

There's lots of camouflages and signal flags that give free XP bonuses that you can stack. On a decent enough match with first win of the day and all the other bonuses you can get 10k+ free XP in a single game.

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,455 posts
12,329 battles
1 hour ago, RigorMortis76 said:

You do not have to play this game. Its entirely up to Wargaming if and how they want to give you free stuff in a free to play game. 

Indeed, it is entirely up to Wargaming how the game develops and what events are taking place.

But you kind of miss the point in the beginning, people do not have to play the game, that is true. It is in WG's interest to make people play the game in as large number as possible.

Every multiplayer game needs an active number of users to be playable. If people don't feel that it's worth it to play, they will do something else. And with a F2P game the investment is very low, unless you are a paying player.

1 hour ago, RigorMortis76 said:

If you dont like things in this game, live with it, snowflake.

People are living with it. They stop buying content. Stop playing.

WG is not entitled to the time and money of players. If they fail to entice people to play, the game will die. 

The onus is squarely on WG to deliver.

• Cool 6

[HEATH]
Players
31 posts
19,527 battles

50K Base XP is a bit of a joke, right?  That is worse than the final stage of the Legendary/Unique upgrades!!  :cap_wander_2:

• Cool 1