Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Nautical_Metaphor

Chat rules?

12 comments in this topic

Players
984 posts
8,151 battles

Hi,

I clearly remember having read somewhere that it is prohibited to incite payers in the battle chat to report another player. I remember being fairly surprised because that of course happens very often in the game.

However, I can't find it in the Game Rules (https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/announcement/17-world-of-warships-game-rules/).

Where could I have read that?

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,461 posts

That is covered under 4.08

It's not directly mentioned (and never was, as far as I am aware).

[ADRIA]
Players
3,806 posts
6,533 battles

Literally who cares? Let the kids whine, it's not like those reports actually do anything.

Can't stand their whining? Blacklist them. Problem solved

• Cool 3

[1DSF]
[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,308 posts
3,877 battles

I can understand why they do it, if you have a game where a ship is afk, and you might loose because of it, the most of us would be a bit upset!

• Bad 1

Players
2,230 posts
6,204 battles
On 11/24/2018 at 12:48 AM, wilkatis_LV said:

Literally who cares? Let the kids whine, it's not like those reports actually do anything.

Can't stand their whining? Blacklist them. Problem solved

And don't forget to add them to the in-battle list of "ignore ingame messages" as well so you won't see this spam in the game again as well (and plz fix the map spam WG).

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
3,806 posts
6,533 battles
4 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

And don't forget to add them to the in-battle list of "ignore ingame messages" as well so you won't see this spam in the game again as well (and plz fix the map spam WG).

That's the Blacklist, yeah :cap_like:

Players
2,230 posts
6,204 battles
4 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

That's the Blacklist, yeah :cap_like:

No it's not.

Putting someone on your blacklist won't block their ingame messages when you're in a battle. It will only block private messages while in the harbor screen.

I'll try upload a couple screenshots after my next battle to show you what I mean.

[ADRIA]
Players
3,806 posts
6,533 battles
2 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:
Spoiler

@wilkatis_LV

As you can see, both are in fact different options.

I took this screenshot from the battle I am currently in. I should be playing now, so cya later :Smile-_tongue:

shot-18_11.26_16_16.55-0649.thumb.jpg.e9c2de2ea878e6420d026c3395539c81.jpgshot-18_11.26_16_16.50-0050.thumb.jpg.efb10b35e75eec50e148fc9c4a170bad.jpgshot-18_11.26_16_16.46-0098.thumb.jpg.01d9ddb5a722a294fabdba51d084e79d.jpg

Afaik the "disable messages" is for that one match only. Blacklist is a long time solution.

Players
2,230 posts
6,204 battles
12 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Afaik the "disable messages" is for that one match only. Blacklist is a long time solution.

I suspected that it does.

As I only put people on both lists if they have a bad mouth during battle and at one time there was this very badly behaving PA DD that kept spamming on the map and the F keys, but wouldn't actually write anything.

So I went ahead and added him to blacklist, only to not be able to as he had already been added.

But still, what you say might be true. It should be tested maybe but I'd need a volunteer for 2 short battles in training room.

Sign in to follow this