You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Black Friday in World of Warships: Huge Discounts! - Discussion Thread

54 comments in this topic

[LIGMA]
Alpha Tester
28 posts
1,083 battles

I bought the Black Tirpitz.

I dont have the regular Tirpitz, so now I have 10 defunct missions for doubloons that I will never get.

Thanks Wargaming, you money grabbing gits.

• Funny 2

Players
24 posts
1 hour ago, Wischmob_von_Eimer said:

There is NO discount to conversion of free xp, only to the conversion of free captain xp into regular xp.

My bad! Actually I have realized that last night. No idea what I’ve actually seen, maybe just dreamed about.

So sorry for the Fake News!

[GOON]
Beta Tester
6 posts
1,571 battles

I have to say the whole "you get the doubloon mission if you also own the non-skinned version of the same bote" idea is extremely stupid. I bought the Atago B figuring it was just explained in poor Wargaming English and I would be able to do it with the Atago B but nope, I would also need to own the identical boat with different camo to qualify for the 2500 doubloon mission. I mean I get that it's supposed to be a "discount" for existing owners, but it just feels extremely greedy.

Come on guys, I really want to like you but this kind of stuff makes it hard.

• Cool 3

[NWP]
Players
18 posts
7,646 battles

Does anyone know if you can put regular camos (including the normal premium camos) on the black ships? i.e. can you make an atago b look like a normal atago (just with a b in its name) - I'm guessing not but thought I'd ask.

[GOON]
Beta Tester
6 posts
1,571 battles

You can. My Atago B has access to all of my normal camos. Maybe that huge old American flag camo would be nice...?

[GD]
Beta Tester
63 posts
6,023 battles

I wish one would be able to buy the camo for itself and be able to outfit the ship with it. Instead of adding a copy of the ship into the list.

• Cool 2

[SOTE]
Beta Tester
45 posts
1,016 battles

What are the % chances for getting items from one container?

I think, that WG should provide these chances as public info

• Cool 1

[BFS]
Players
210 posts
17,329 battles

Dear WG,

Thanks a lot for Asashio B with 10 pts captain ... for free ... in one Black Friday container !!   

The best gift I've ever received from WG since I have started to play WoWS.   Just imagine: I already had Atago, Tirpitz, and Massachusetts in my port (being oferred in B version just now), and I had been thinking about Asashio - to buy or not to buy?  And just minutes ago in Black Friday container - Asashio B(lack).  So I dont need to solve the "buy/not to buy" dilema any more ... :)))

Thx, WG, a lot once more !!   ... And goodluck to you guys / other players with containers too !!      :fish_happy:

[4468]
Players
16 posts
21,067 battles

Ever since UPDATE and "Black Friday" containers are on sale i have been trying to buy some. Every time i try it says "..." . I am able to buy other containers (RN etc...) and even receive black containers as gifts but bying them (black)  myself on EU server it says "item not available in ….! Can you tell me why? 

This item is not available in your place of residence. Please browse the shop's website to find other interesting offers.

[MNF1]
[MNF1]
Beta Tester
15 posts
9,940 battles

OK, I bought Asashio B and I post in the bug section about the fact that I can fulfill the mission...

I don't believe it... You buy a ship with a mission but it's for the other version of ship with the same name.... are you kidding me ?

I'm a customer and this doesn't seems very loyal...

[NWP]
Players
18 posts
7,646 battles

Just wondering - the stats for the "shadow hunter" individual camos are better than the usual premium ship camo. I'm guessing the Black Ships have the same stats as their equivalent tier premiums for their base black camo, or are they permanent shadow hunter camo stats?

Players
9 posts
1,595 battles
4 hours ago, DinkyDi said:

What are the % chances for getting items from one container?

I think, that WG should provide these chances as public info

No idea what the chances are but from the 12 containers i bought i got all 4 ships, 14 days premium and camos

[IRON7]
Players
853 posts
575 battles
On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 11:27 AM, m3c0 said:

You should never underestimate people's craziness.. :Smile_trollface:

WG certainly hasn't

[LIGMA]
Alpha Tester
28 posts
1,083 battles

Went out and bought 6 Black Friday Containers.

Got 1250 Doubloons, a bunch of Shadow Lurker Camo's, some Type 59 Camo's and The Massachusetts B with a 10 point captain.

Hurray.

Don't make up for the disappointment of the 10 missions for Tirpitz I cannot complete.

Players
94 posts
10,825 battles
1 hour ago, Smegger213 said:

Went out and bought 6 Black Friday Containers.

Got 1250 Doubloons, a bunch of Shadow Lurker Camo's, some Type 59 Camo's and The Massachusetts B with a 10 point captain.

Hurray.

Don't make up for the disappointment of the 10 missions for Tirpitz I cannot complete.

Yes, the whole "must have both ships to be able to get doubloons" thing feels incredibly greedy.

I get that it's a bit of a compensation for players who already had the original ships, but they could have handled this in better ways. For example, if you own atago and drop atago b, you receive doubloon value for atago b and the black permacamo option on your regular atago. Or allow owners of both to sell one for doubloons.

From the perspective of someone who didn't have any of the original ships, things start looking annoying. You have a doubloon mission that doesn't expire dangled in front of you, but to complete it you would have to buy a ship that costs more than the value of doubloons on offer,  and you'd end up owning two identical ships for no good reason. Now multiply this annoyance by 4 if you dropped all the ships, and you start to see how poorly thought out this was.

[ROPS]
Players
34 posts
4,666 battles
21 hours ago, Asureas said:

Does anyone know if you can put regular camos (including the normal premium camos) on the black ships? i.e. can you make an atago b look like a normal atago (just with a b in its name) - I'm guessing not but thought I'd ask.

u can removed the black camo, ofc. you cannot put another premium camo on B ships, i can't see anything beside the black one, but u can remove it

Players
66 posts
On 11/24/2018 at 10:44 AM, Smegger213 said:

I bought the Black Tirpitz.

I dont have the regular Tirpitz, so now I have 10 defunct missions for doubloons that I will never get.

Thanks Wargaming, you money grabbing gits.

13 hours ago, mrLangelot said:

OK, I bought Asashio B and I post in the bug section about the fact that I can fulfill the mission...

I don't believe it... You buy a ship with a mission but it's for the other version of ship with the same name.... are you kidding me ?

I'm a customer and this doesn't seems very loyal...

Do you guys always buy stuff like this, I mean, without knowing what exactly you are buying? You are the dream customers for every salesman...

Yes, what WG's marketing department is doing here is ridiculous, but they still put some warning on the site:

BS.thumb.jpg.3e1177e44cc6d07d190f70d99298d39e.jpg

[MNF1]
[MNF1]
Beta Tester
15 posts
9,940 battles
6 minutes ago, m3c0 said:

Do you guys always buy stuff like this, I mean, without knowing what exactly you are buying? You are the dream customers for every salesman...

Yes, what WG's marketing department is doing here is ridiculous, but they still put some warning on the site:

BS.thumb.jpg.3e1177e44cc6d07d190f70d99298d39e.jpg

Great, put it in the same way on the store so we can't miss it and complain after! I don't have to read any post to be warned about that!
I don't discuss about the fact to create alternate ship with different camos...

Players
368 posts

I re-post my question and I am sorry about this.

With Black Friday events we have USA regular ships prices discounts. Will be similar discounts for regular ships of other nations in the near future?

[GOT2]
Players
1 post
1,699 battles

So no Belfast, no Kamikaze R and no premium carriers AT ALL and this is called THE bundle? Tsss.... forget about it.

[GBONM]
Players
67 posts
23,979 battles

I posted this elsewhere but perhaps it belongs here, about the absurd Black Friday Combat Mission Part 3:

I had to do a double take. No they did not REALLY mean THAT. MUST be a MISTAKE. So I decided to play till I got the confirmation. Nope, my eyes have not deceived me. Wargaming have officially LOST IT. Yeap, the third Black Friday containers mission requires 50,000 FREE XP. No mistake on the zeros. No mistake on the type of XP. No, it is not Base XP. No, it is not Commander XP. It is Free XP. And not only will you not get the container unless you are prepared to destroy your life with 24/7 gaming, you will also not qualify for the super easy (comparatively) next stage of 50,000 Base XP. Bizarre. Perhaps there is an explanation, which has to be one of the following options: 

a) Certain WG staff are psychotic sadists and have evil intentions. They take pleasure out of this kind of stuff. 

b) Someone has a problem with their basic arithmetic. Like, take 1200 base xp, multiply by 5% (it is 60). Then take 50,000, divide by the number of the previous result. That result (833) is the number of games required to achieve the mission. Assume three games per hour. Then compare with hours per day, and days per week: 3x24x7= 504 games per week, non stop (i.e. no time to sleep, go to bathroom, eat, drink or engage in pleasurable activities). SO you need ten days of that, or thereabouts, to get your mission accomplished. But we have 12 days to get there so no problems, 10 days flat out and two days rest in between. Yeap... Children at primary school should be able to do this math but perhaps not the persons who designed this mission. 

c) Basic error, they saw it after the launch of the patch but would rather not admit to a mistake so they left it there.

Since game launch there have been only two other times when they failed so miserably in designing the criteria for achieving a mission but I suspect this one tops them: firstly in the Q1 2015 (or was it 2016) missions when they asked for 3200 base XP in single battle, which is not doable for non-premium players unless super lucky (even if super-unicom). They never did that mistake again of such a high target. Secondly when the 2016 Kamikaze missions came with very hard demands (I just about saved my marriage) and the sadistic "first 1000 people by points gained get a free camo" with no indication how bad or good you were doing. But I suspect that this 50,000 base XP really tops the lot. 

I have been a regular player with over 20k battles since game launch and I feel angry and insulted like never before. This is not the kind of mistake that one attributes simply to poor judgement, or to poor understanding of statistics which we see often (see the Yueyang nerf where good ship statistics were misinterpreted to mean OP). Nope. This is the special, truly exceptional kind of mistake where you can only attribute to severe lack of brain cells or just to plain evil design.    

CHANGE Black Friday Combat Mission Part 3 NOW before the rest of the community wakes up to what you have done.  

• Cool 2

Players
28 posts

Hello All..

Well I bought the Asashio B and played it several times and the free doubloons never came. So I checked the Black Friday posts and I saw that you have to have two same premium ship just to get the doubloons. Since I don't have the original Asashio and I'll never consider the notion of buying two same premium ships just to get a freebie so I kissed the free doubloons goodbye I might as well kick myself in the shins by getting duped. I tried asking for refund by they said I've used the ship too many times or they can convert it to doubloons. Doubloons doubloons I should have learned my lesson. Next time I will make sure to read tons of posts and news and previews by CC's before I'll buy something from this game again.

• Cool 1

[DM-RO]
[DM-RO]
Players
2 posts
4,513 battles

Hmm... such a lack of creativity... World of Tanks offer 2-3 years ago black tanks... I believe copy/paste is better for you.

• Funny 2