You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Black Friday in World of Warships: Huge Discounts! - Discussion Thread

54 comments in this topic

[NED]
Players
1,612 posts
5,906 battles

Shame there was no new content like west virginia or even the tier 3 charleston.

Selling existing ships only with a black skin as entirely new ships ........ No thanks.

Alaska also nowhere to be seen so all i got out of black friday was a sense of dissapointment.

• Cool 1

Players
41 posts
4,475 battles

So, if I buy let's say Black Massachusetts, I need to have the normal Massachusetts too, in order to get the 2500 gold, right? Stronk. Why would I want to buy the SAME ship twice?

And by the way, I'm not buying tier 8 prem ships with the current broken matchmaking. Playing tier 8 is the biggest joke ever. Fix MM first, then sell tier 8 prem ships.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,087 posts
1,721 battles
23 minutes ago, m3c0 said:

So, if I buy let's say Black Massachusetts, I need to have the normal Massachusetts too, in order to get the 2500 gold, right? Stronk. Why would I want to buy the SAME ship twice?

And by the way, I'm not buying tier 8 prem ships with the current broken matchmaking. Playing tier 8 is the biggest joke ever. Fix MM first, then sell tier 8 prem ships.

This is meant as a form of discount for those players who already own the non black version of a black ship. Most likely to get them to buy the same ship twice.

3 things I absolutely dislike about this "sale":

- no separately purchaseable black camo for the regular versions of the black ships (they look great, just not 30€ levels of great)

- no discount to premium time

- no discount to conversion of free xp

Especially the lack of conversion bonus leaves a sour taste AFTER you announced how you will pull Musashi and Krohnstadt from the Arsenal.

Players
8 posts
5,676 battles

Got to admit I'm not a great fan of this one - the black ships are nice and look good but after a while it's going to get boring. I'd rather have just had discounted versions of the existing ships, potentially with an optional additional black camo that you could select if you wanted. Making them completely separate "B" ships and locking them into black camo for ever is a bit pointless...

• Cool 2

[_TGB_]
Players
1 post
4,605 battles

Sooo - I'm not the only one that thinks these are not cheap, right? There is nothing that I am even tempted to buy.

Beta Tester
7 posts
1,709 battles
35 minutes ago, Johnny_BB said:

Sooo - I'm not the only one that thinks these are not cheap, right? There is nothing that I am even tempted to buy.

What?! Not even the 540 EUR Armada pack? I mean, it's over 50% discount and you get a flag!

But honestly now, I wonder how many people are going to even consider buying that one... It's a freakin' big whaleship.

• Funny 1

[NOS]
Beta Tester
7 posts
4,636 battles

warships team was doing so well, and then u do this shameles moneygrab black crap and the skin/camo doesnt even look good at all. shame on u, i dont care if a manager or higher up forced this, as a team u should have pushed back and said u can DO BETTER. SHAME!

Players
41 posts
4,475 battles
50 minutes ago, Arkus86 said:

What?! Not even the 540 EUR Armada pack? I mean, it's over 50% discount and you get a flag!

But honestly now, I wonder how many people are going to even consider buying that one... It's a freakin' big whaleship.

You should never underestimate people's craziness.. :Smile_trollface:

9 minutes ago, Psticide said:

warships team was doing so well, and then u do this shameles moneygrab black crap and the skin/camo doesnt even look good at all. shame on u, i dont care if a manager or higher up forced this, as a team u should have pushed back and said u can DO BETTER. SHAME!

Well, bear in mind WG is closing their fail project Total War Arena... They need ca$$$h.

Players
8 posts
2,055 battles
2 hours ago, Wischmob_von_Eimer said:

- no discount to conversion of free xp

Just log in to the game and check it. There’s a discount(!) to conversion of free xp. 35/1 instead of 25/1. Just check it. So you can have Musashi and/or Khronshtadt.

regards;)

Players
8 posts
2,055 battles

:( Not good. I was quite exciting having Asashio discounted with those doublon missions. But after having a closer look: do I need the normal Asashio to obtain the doublons? Oh well...

I don’t really need two asashio. I’ve got Tirpitz im my port and she’s all right. But don’t wanna buy another one just for the missions. Or do I? Nah...

[NED]
Players
1,612 posts
5,906 battles
12 minutes ago, Psticide said:

Wot did the same thing and i think it did not go over well there either but hey why not try again and see if this time its going to work.

Also keep in mind that the likes of MrConway and Crysantos are not the ones who make those decisions they are more the messengers who have to tell their bosses what the commoners are saying and according to the saying may or may not get shot over it.

I am a whale in the gaming sense i spend a lot of money on wows and i am very dissapointed with WG right now i wish they would share more information on when they plan on releasing new premium ships and for what currency.

If star citizen can publish a roadmap click me for roadmap of star citizen then WG can do as well.

I mean MrConway or Crysantos tell me will Alaska be able to buy for free XP ? if so i can get the Salem for coal right now and have a new ship to play with for the weekend.

When customers are literally not spending money or in-game resources because they lack the information to comfortably do so then WG is losing out.

Players
2 posts
3,068 battles

I'm thinking of buying the Armada collection.  Why not that's a great price.

I would like to know though if the Belfast is in that collection as the article says almost all premium ships.  I would like to see if there is a list of the ships within that collection.

Have i missed that or is there a list of what ships have been left out.

Beta Tester
7 posts
1,709 battles
6 minutes ago, Lerxst2012 said:

I'm thinking of buying the Armada collection.  Why not that's a great price.

I would like to know though if the Belfast is in that collection as the article says almost all premium ships.  I would like to see if there is a list of the ships within that collection.

Have i missed that or is there a list of what ships have been left out.

There is a list of ships in the pack in the premium shop, Belfast is not included.

list.jpg

• Cool 1

Players
2 posts
3,068 battles
7 minutes ago, Arkus86 said:

There is a list of ships in the pack in the premium shop, Belfast is not included.

list.jpg

Thank you for the confirmation.  Will probably leave it then.

Also no Kamikaze R as well.

I see a few have been missed/

If I'm paying that money I would like to have seen some of the more interesting ships.

Will definitely pass on this now.

• Cool 1

Players
62 posts
8,670 battles

I have to say it looks more like an idiot tax than a great deal especially "The Large Armada Bundle" this can be yours for a mere £487.66 reduced from £1,149.80........... LOL, do they think we've all just come down with the last drop of rain?

£487

• Cool 1

[DOGZ]
[DOGZ]
Players
2 posts
1,436 battles

Here is my question: I bought massachusetts couple of months ago (obviously unaware of the offer). If by any miracle (my RNG is horrid- 50+ Halloween camos to get Nassau and Charles martel skin) i will get massachusetts from one of the containers will I have the option of the quest chain and black camo? Or will i simply get the reimbursement of doubloons?  

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,956 posts
14 minutes ago, FookinPrawn said:

Here is my question: I bought massachusetts couple of months ago (obviously unaware of the offer). If by any miracle (my RNG is horrid- 50+ Halloween camos to get Nassau and Charles martel skin) i will get massachusetts from one of the containers will I have the option of the quest chain and black camo? Or will i simply get the reimbursement of doubloons?  

They are 2 separate ships, so you'll have 2 Massachusetts's, one normal with the blue/grey camo, and one completely black. You can do the mission for 10x250 doubloons by playing the regular Massa, and that's it.

[DOGZ]
[DOGZ]
Players
2 posts
1,436 battles
Just now, MrFingers said:

They are 2 separate ships, so you'll have 2 Massachusetts's, one normal with the blue/grey camo, and one completely black.

oh ok. Kind of doesnt make sense.... 

thanks for reply nonetheless 

[LV]
Players
1 post
3,388 battles

So, yeah... got the tirpitz B, but seems that mission is only for regular tirpitz. Is that how it should be? Just asking for interest, was a nice deal anyways, for 27 eur tirpitz and 35k free xp ;P

shot-18_11.23_23_50.00-0101.thumb.jpg.afbd766d5f9c4129770d55fb0e4929a7.jpg

[NED]
Players
1,612 posts
5,906 battles
48 minutes ago, MOBY_LV said:

So, yeah... got the tirpitz B, but seems that mission is only for regular tirpitz. Is that how it should be? Just asking for interest, was a nice deal anyways, for 27 eur tirpitz and 35k free xp ;P

shot-18_11.23_23_50.00-0101.thumb.jpg.afbd766d5f9c4129770d55fb0e4929a7.jpg

That is as intended yes.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
51 posts
13,908 battles

Well, WG certainly meets the spirit of the day - it's all about commerce, after all.

Well, I don't really need any black versions of other ships. The Armada bundle is a fantastic offer (compared to buying single ships) - but still ridiculously expensive. And sure, I would get maybe 150k doubloons and another roughly thirty ships - I have no idea what to do with all those doubloons and most of the ships I probably wouldn't play more than once if at all. So nuffin' for me, thanks.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
7 posts
10 hours ago, Lerxst2012 said:

Thank you for the confirmation.  Will probably leave it then.

Also no Kamikaze R as well.

I see a few have been missed/

If I'm paying that money I would like to have seen some of the more interesting ships.

Will definitely pass on this now.

It's obvious, all Premium ships which are considered above average in combat capability and all rare ships aren't included in the package. And also the latest ones. Vanguard, Dreadnought, Belfast, the Kamikazes, Gremyashchy, Imperator Nikolai, all CVs ...

There are many good ships in this package too. Tirpitz, Cossack, Atago, Gascogne, Scharnhorst - just to name a few of the higher tier ones. But more than two thirds of the ships are in a really bad state in terms of combat capability and only of collectors "value".

I think, maybe this package is most attractive for guys willing to drop 500 EUR on WOWs, having most of the crap stuff already and wanting to get most of the Tier 8 ships and some doubloons for a reduced price. But this needs to be calculated individually.

New players, who want it all most of the premiums, will have a good offer too ... but as usual it's debateable if you should throw a ton of money on a game you don't know for sure you will be committed the next years...

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
1,087 posts
1,721 battles
12 hours ago, LonesomePolecat said:

Just log in to the game and check it. There’s a discount(!) to conversion of free xp. 35/1 instead of 25/1. Just check it. So you can have Musashi and/or Khronshtadt.

regards;)

There is NO discount to conversion of free xp, only to the conversion of free captain xp into regular xp.