Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
IanH755

Sooooo Armada - 67 Ships for around €550 - Anyone interested???

53 comments in this topic

Players
1,275 posts
5,060 battles

Hi all,

Mixed in with all the normal Black Friday stuff I remembered that WG usually sell a "full shop pack" or similar and this year is no exception. You get 67 ships and Slots for around €550 (£487.66 to me) but you also get the full doubloon price for any duplicates which may make this interesting for a few folk. For myself as a whale already, I have about 50+ of these anyway so I'd just be spending all that money on duplicate Doubloons as the ones I don't have are either low tier (T2-3) or the T6-8 BB's which I don't want//like (European/IJN BB's) so wouldn't buy anyway.

Anyone actually interested in this collection? It's a great way to ensure that you only get "un-buyable" ships if you get a Super Container in the future too!

Here's the link - https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wows/vehicles/11293/

https://static-pss-eu.wgcdn.co/shop/media/items/item_gallery/da/a5/daa57b23acfa44acbbce2538fcf3ce72.jpg

• Funny 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,351 posts
13,870 battles

It's probably a good deal for any dedicated Noob Wallet Warrior. BUT quite unfortunately I don't have neither a generous nor stupid Suga-Daddy's wallet to rely on and therefore would hafta pay for it myself so HECK NO!!! :cap_wander_2::Smile_ohmy::Smile_hiding:

[JRM]
Players
810 posts
12,718 battles

Yes YES! This should be bought by all new players, me need more targets to shoot at... :cap_haloween:

• Funny 2

[BOTS]
Alpha Tester
2,257 posts
8,753 battles

Just arranging to sell my family to feed this ludicrous addiction I'm slowly weaning myself off of because of the increasing costs and over-valuing of virtual items no-one actually owns. Deep breath. I guess it'll have to be no in this case.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,143 posts
3,966 battles
Just now, Shaka_D said:

Just arranging to sell my family to feed this ludicrous addiction I'm slowly weaning myself off of because of the increasing costs and over-valuing of virtual items no-one actually owns. Deep breath. I guess it'll have to be no in this case.

I know exactly how you feel :(
image.png.8add8ac9136c4a05e86b4e60a45ca88b.png

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,053 posts
13,766 battles

Not this time, I'm saving money to waste on the New Year's virtual gambling.

• Cool 1

[1DSF]
[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,307 posts
3,864 battles

For collectors which already have the most of this ships it would be a good dublons source:

image.thumb.png.cec94dec06fcdb809747278c6ad678f2.png

I have all the ships exept the Diana-Lima, so at a 57% discount it would be a huge amount of dublons.

• Bad 1

[-MM]
Beta Tester
1,182 posts
1,384 battles

Seems a bit silly to me, for that sort of price you could get an Xbox One X and about 6 triple A titles based on the black friday deals going about, that is literally 1000s of hours of gaming in 4k quality (well if you have a 4k tv) 

It actually scares me a little when you see it like that as you start to see the overall amount of money you have spent on pixel ships and tanks over the years, like £20-30 every so often doesn't seem much but then it all adds up! 

• Cool 10

[SCRUB]
Players
1,927 posts
41 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

Sooooo Armada - 67 Ships for around €550 - Anyone interested???

In selling? Yes. Mind that I accept money transfers only!

If it was Nation oriented deal I could consider it. But in this mixed bag there are only few items I'm interested in. Rest - for me - is just pure crud...

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,246 posts
7,249 battles
31 minutes ago, Arakus said:

For collectors which already have the most of this ships it would be a good dublons source:

image.thumb.png.cec94dec06fcdb809747278c6ad678f2.png

I have all the ships exept the Diana-Lima, so at a 57% discount it would be a huge amount of dublons.

the problem is what do you want to do with that mountain of dubloons when you got all the ships?

- premium time? best option, problem is you can only buy premium time with dubloons if you are below one year time left. So you can buy a year, wait a day and buy another year but after that it's a waiting game.

- perma camo for silver ships? jeah but what is the point with 2 years premiumtime and credits stacking to the moon? xp gain per hour? you have other free signals/camos from missions for that.

- ships? you already got all of those now

- free xp? jeah ok you can also haul in all the silver ships then but no luck with premiums as those got pulled this update

- port slots? they come in the bundle

- captaincabin slots? only so much you will need and most of it you can get out of containers.

- module exchange or captain reset for 25/500 dubs? jeah this will take some time.....

sadly dubs got inflated very much recently so having this much would very quickly leave a massive moutain to rot until new silver/premium ships come out or you go under one year premium time left.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
14,041 posts
10,543 battles

Not interested.

• for new players it is too much and you get ships you have no clue of
  • veterans have too many of these ships already and getting THAT much doubloons for compensation is usually not needed

Veterans who played for some time, without getting many/any premiums,  could find this to be an interesting offer, if you had such deep pockets.

• Cool 1

[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
2,032 posts
5,140 battles

So a weekend at a 5* resort or a few pixelated ships...

Man RG is making it so hard to decide.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[BOTS]
Alpha Tester
2,257 posts
8,753 battles
28 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

Seems a bit silly to me, for that sort of price you could get an Xbox One X and about 6 triple A titles based on the black friday deals going about, that is literally 1000s of hours of gaming in 4k quality (well if you have a 4k tv) 

It actually scares me a little when you see it like that as you start to see the overall amount of money you have spent on pixel ships and tanks over the years, like £20-30 every so often doesn't seem much but then it all adds up! 

Indeed, but even if they sell one of these packages they've made money, and there is always one silly fool out there, haha.

[WCWVE]
Players
726 posts
11,319 battles
1 hour ago, IanH755 said:

Hi all,

Mixed in with all the normal Black Friday stuff I remembered that WG usually sell a "full shop pack" or similar and this year is no exception. You get 67 ships and Slots for around €550 (£487.66 to me) but you also get the full doubloon price for any duplicates which may make this interesting for a few folk. For myself as a whale already, I have about 50+ of these anyway so I'd just be spending all that money on duplicate Doubloons as the ones I don't have are either low tier (T2-3) or the T6-8 BB's which I don't want//like (European/IJN BB's) so wouldn't buy anyway.

Anyone actually interested in this collection? It's a great way to ensure that you only get "un-buyable" ships if you get a Super Container in the future too!

Here's the link - https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wows/vehicles/11293/

https://static-pss-eu.wgcdn.co/shop/media/items/item_gallery/da/a5/daa57b23acfa44acbbce2538fcf3ce72.jpg

Well, seeing as there is nothing to actually spend doubloons on nowadays and I already have sufficient port slots for the tech tree currently and also seeing as WG are going to reduce the number of aircraft carriers in the tech trees with the CV rework. therefore, seeing as I have the netire collection of ships in the post I will definately be giving this a very strong collision avoidance 

[-GG-]
Players
153 posts
10,155 battles

If someone is interested in collecting pixels - why not

Otherwise its just a bloated promo to make some headlines. Personally I've some +30 ships in port and don't have time to play them even once a week each. Now having 67 would be an overkill unless WG could give me a second life to play all this stuff :Smile_veryhappy: 

[SOCKS]
Players
771 posts
5,473 battles

Whoever spends 550 bucks in a game in one go has a serious problem, or far too much money, or a worrysome mix of both.

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
Players
7,149 posts
9,305 battles

Colour me genuinely surprised ... I fully expected to see non-purchaseable premiums such as the CVs, Belfast, Imperator, etc. as baits for that bundle (and naturally ONLY for that bundle), as it had been the case in previous Armada bundles.

Let's see if they can keep that up or if they still use them as bait for the inevitable christmas containers.

• Cool 1

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,034 posts
5,603 battles

Have most of those ships, so... nope. 

Players
632 posts
3,118 battles

F****** I just bought this armada but no Jean Bart ...........sfd gseg erherhsrh erhseaagw aw£$%£$ %$£%"£ %£ $"% %$"

• Funny 1

[DSW]
Players
3,707 posts
7,537 battles
4 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

I just bought an armada, now I can win for sure

you know, the Spanish thought much the same in 1588... :Smile_teethhappy:

1 minute ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

F****** I just bought this armada but no Jean Bart ...........sfd gseg erherhsrh erhseaagw aw£$%£$ %$£%"£ %£ $"% %$"

ah, the age-old art of reading... tough sometimes, innit?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6
  • Angry 1

Players
632 posts
3,118 battles
15 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

you know, the Spanish thought much the same in 1588... :Smile_teethhappy:

ah, the age-old art of reading... tough sometimes, innit?

I cant actually read that well

[BOTS]
Players
1,648 posts
11,942 battles

I checked. I'd get 15 ships, mostly low tier (Lima dupes) and a few T7s, out of it along with a metric fckton of doubloons. 

Sign in to follow this