Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
gopher31

PSA: Black Friday 2,500 doubloon mission

67 comments in this topic

[SHAD]
Players
153 posts

Just played a battle with my Tirpitz black,

I have the mission for 250 doubloons per battle but it seems i would need a regular tirpitz to get it.

That needs to be a PSA as in the shop it says:

"If you already have the standard Tirpitz in your collection, you can also use her to complete a special Combat Mission after purchasing the bundle. Conditions: simply enter battle on Tirpitz to claim 250 doubloons."

NOT the tirpitz B

• Cool 1

[AAO]
Supertester
104 posts
6,609 battles

It is already stated there, first paragraph right underneath the image with the ship on it.

With Black Friday drawing near, replenish your collection with battleship Tirpitz and a unique black permanent camouflage!
Please note: Tirpitz B is a unique ship. If you already have the standard Tirpitz in your collection, you can also use her to complete a special Combat Mission after purchasing the bundle. Conditions: simply enter battle on Tirpitz to claim 250 doubloons. The mission can be obtained only once per account and completed 10 times until January 31.

[SHAD]
Players
153 posts

It’s the word also that causes the issue.

it Implies that either ship could be used though it doesn’t explicitly state it.

It’s misleading.

Players
1,275 posts
5,069 battles
18 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

It’s the word also that causes the issue.

it Implies that either ship could be used though it doesn’t explicitly state it.

It’s misleading.

Correct, as a native English speaker (unlike most of WG) the statement used in the shop means you can use the Tirpitz B and ALSO the Tirpitz. it does NOT say that you can use ONLY the Tirpitz, so WG have either made a mistake in the Shop text (translation error) or made a mistake in the Mission requirements (software error) but either way there is a mistake.

However, the "conditions" text says - Conditions: simply enter battle on Tirpitz to claim 250 doubloons and I would suggest that is wrong and the mission should be for both Tirpitz versions based on the language used through-out the advert.

[BOTS]
Alpha Tester
2,257 posts
8,754 battles

People actually purchased the tirptiz black? Let me guess: 'well, I was going to get one anyways', 'It was quite a good deal', ' I'm a collector'. Hahaha, just kidding, but it does make me laugh. We're such a silly bunch of humans and so programmable despite our best efforts.

Next month, pink tirpitz , and we'd still buy it again and again. I use the word 'we' quite loosely so as not to marginalise anyone (on purpose).

• Cool 2

[I401]
Beta Tester
916 posts
7,664 battles
43 minutes ago, Shaka_D said:

People actually purchased the tirptiz black? Lool!!!!!!

Why? I personally dont have the Tirpitz and its 30% of now.

• Cool 1

[1DSF]
[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,307 posts
3,869 battles
1 hour ago, gopher31 said:

Just played a battle with my Tirpitz black,

I have the mission for 250 doubloons per battle but it seems i would need a regular tirpitz to get it.

That needs to be a PSA as in the shop it says:

"If you already have the standard Tirpitz in your collection, you can also use her to complete a special Combat Mission after purchasing the bundle. Conditions: simply enter battle on Tirpitz to claim 250 doubloons." 

NOT the tirpitz B

Pls read it again carefully:

So you can use the Tirpitz B for this mission if you also have the "normal" Tirpitz. If you don't have the "normal" Tirpitz you can't use the Tirpitz B!

[SHAD]
Players
153 posts
2 minutes ago, Arakus said:

Pls read it again carefully:

So you can use the Tirpitz B for this mission if you also have the "normal" Tirpitz. If you don't have the "normal" Tirpitz you can't use the Tirpitz B!

Explain the the use of the word 'also'.

The statement does not require that word so why is it there?

Beta Tester
2,146 posts
8,330 battles

It is poorly phrased in any way. 

They should have made themselves clear, for example:

"If you already own the normal Tirpitz and buy the Tirpitz B as well, you can complete a special combat mission that grants you 2.500 doubloons, as a compensation." 

• Cool 4

[1DSF]
[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,307 posts
3,869 battles
1 minute ago, gopher31 said:

Explain the the use of the word 'also'.

The statement does not require that word so why is it there?

Tirpits B is not enough to make the mission you need also the "normal" Tirpitz! But when you have the "normal" Tirpitz you can use the Tirpitz B too!

So hard to understand?

• Bad 1

[JRM]
Players
810 posts
12,718 battles
7 minutes ago, kfa said:

Same for me with massa :cap_like:

[1DSF]
[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,307 posts
3,869 battles
2 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

It is poorly phrased in any way. 

They should have said something clear like:

"If you already own the normal Tirpitz and buy the Tirpitz B as well, you can complete a special combat mission that grants you 2.500 doubloons, as a compensation." 

It is totally clear what they wrote!

• Bad 1

[SHAD]
Players
153 posts
4 minutes ago, Arakus said:

Tirpits B is not enough to make the mission you need also the "normal" Tirpitz! But when you have the "normal" Tirpitz you can use the Tirpitz B too!

So hard to understand?

I was asking you to explain the use of the word in the Wargaming statement, not yours!

The word in their statement is completely superfluous and misleading. It should be removed for the sake of clarity. 

• Bad 1

Beta Tester
2,146 posts
8,330 battles
5 minutes ago, Arakus said:

It is totally clear what they wrote!

It is poorly phrased mate. The fact that there even is a discussion about it is already proof enough.

In my job I have to analyse legal documents a lot, and I never understand why people can't just make themselves perfectly clear. 

• Cool 4

[BOTS]
Alpha Tester
2,257 posts
8,754 battles
7 minutes ago, kfa said:

Yes indeed, but I'm sure this is a stereotypical / textbook response and possibly a key demographic WG were aiming for - Those who don't have it, weren't planning to part with money to buy it now, maybe not even thinking of buying it at all, but quickly tempted because of the 30% off enticement. Ticks all the boxes and an easy little nudging of people over the line. WG's marketing scores another goal, but there's nothing wrong with it of course, lol. Maybe I shouldn't have acted so surprised and sanctimonious in the first place.

[-MM]
Beta Tester
1,182 posts
1,384 battles

It's misleading, especially if you just look at the initial offer which basically says 'ship + missions for 2500 gold', it looks like you are getting 2500 gold, not that you have to have the duplicate ship.

I was tempted by the Ashashio, but I think I won't bother now as 29% off is not that a special an offer anyway seeing as we seem to regularly get 30% off coupons.

This is kind of what I said about Black Friday, the deals are no different than what you get most of the rest of the year, really if WG wants to tempt people to buy when they wouldn't usually they should be having 40-50% discounts. 

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,049 posts
2,170 battles
1 hour ago, 22cm said:

@MrConway

@Crysantos

Any details about this?

Unfortunately it seems like this was badly worded, the mission is intended as a bonus for anyone who has the original ship of a black version.

We will get the wording changed ASAP to clarify it.

If you purchased a ship under the impression you would get a mission for it to earn the doubloons, you can of course request a refund through our customer support team as usual.

• Cool 1

Players
2,743 posts
12,447 battles

As posted in the other thread on Black Friday deals (before I saw this one).

The 2500 doubloons offer is horse excrement.

If they are offering compensation to people who buy Atago B and already own the regular Atago, then they should just give the owners 2500 doubloons straight up AND NOT MAKE THEM PLAY 10 GAMES.

It almost looks like another Wargaming plan to make people play more

[BIA]
Beta Tester
248 posts
2,002 battles
5 minutes ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

As posted in the other thread on Black Friday deals (before I saw this one).

The 2500 doubloons offer is horse excrement.

If they are offering compensation to people who buy Atago B and already own the regular Atago, then they should just give the owners 2500 doubloons straight up AND NOT MAKE THEM PLAY 10 GAMES.

It almost looks like another Wargaming plan to make people play more

10 games its not so much... but 2500 dublons as compensation for same ship is very low.

[JRM]
Players
810 posts
12,718 battles

Well the way i see it its meant to give you some "added value" if you already have the normal ship and buy/get a black one, so even if you already have the ship you still get something from the deal, from a marketing perspective it has sence... Btw what is the expiry date on those missions? I mean shipsmas crates are right around the corner you never know what they will drop...

[BIA]
Beta Tester
248 posts
2,002 battles
14 minutes ago, MrConway said:

Unfortunately it seems like this was badly worded, the mission is intended as a bonus for anyone who has the original ship of a black version.

We will get the wording changed ASAP to clarify it.

If you purchased a ship under the impression you would get a mission for it to earn the doubloons, you can of course request a refund through our customer support team as usual.

Badly worded? When i look only on picture before buy i see Ship with name and 2500 dublons and in Bundle content description is:

• Massachusetts B
  • Port Slot
  • Combat Mission for 2,500 doubloons on Massachusetts

its not badly worded, its completly scam. You should remove this mission and write its compensation for players who already have this ships... not any special missions for all.

Players
2,743 posts
12,447 battles
7 minutes ago, Eraser_SK said:

10 games its not so much... but 2500 dublons as compensation for same ship is very low.

Yes - 10 games isn't much  . . . . but let me put it this way.

If you got a 100 Euro refund from a store then what would you rather have - the 100 Euros all at once or 10 Euros the next 10 times that you bought something in the store.

Sign in to follow this