You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Benedictus_de_Suede

How fun are 7-8 min matches?

18 comments in this topic

Players
46 posts
13,615 battles

Ok,

You spend 1 min in dock selecting ships and fitting them for a match.

You wait 1 min in the MM que. 

You wait 40 sec for the game to start..

You wait 2-3 min for the first target to pop up...

AND THEN the match is over after another 4min!!!

I can´t be the only one feeling really frustrated over matches that ends just as they are to get fun or you are on the way to finish off the other team etc.

I do understand the reasoning behind CAP point ticking...but the current system of achiving and foremost losing points (your fleet loses ships) kills A LOT OF REALLY FUN GAMEPLAY.

When I play a game I want to play not sitting in a constant que waiting for the next. Games that last the whole 20 min are usually the best. 

PLEASE JUST REMOVE THE MECHANIC WHERE A TEAM LOSES  A MATCH JUST BECAUSE THEIR POINT counter reaches zero!

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Beta Tester
3,756 posts
13,295 battles
20 minutes ago, Benedictus_de_Suede said:

PLEASE JUST REMOVE THE MECHANIC WHERE A TEAM LOSES  A MATCH JUST BECAUSE THEIR POINT counter reaches zero!

How about "No way, Jose!" ?

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
324 posts
245 battles
32 minutes ago, Benedictus_de_Suede said:

Ok,

I can´t be the only one feeling really frustrated over matches that ends just as they are to get fun or you are on the way to finish off the other team etc.

I do understand the reasoning behind CAP point ticking...but the current system of achiving and foremost losing points (your fleet loses ships) kills A LOT OF REALLY FUN GAMEPLAY.

When I play a game I want to play not sitting in a constant que waiting for the next. Games that last the whole 20 min are usually the best. 

Learn to defend your cap? The amount of idiots that i see that try to bum rush their arses to the moon instead reacting to the loud sirens of the cap being contested is amazing.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
14,060 posts
10,555 battles
1 hour ago, Benedictus_de_Suede said:

Ok,

For some reason that does rarely happen to me.

You must be a super unicorn that devastates enemy teams by himself in minutes....

Maybe slow down, let the enemy have a bit of fun too?

• Funny 3

[TENGO]
Players
1,546 posts
8,660 battles
1 hour ago, Benedictus_de_Suede said:

Ok,

this is weird. It's not about the points coming down. Games these days are ruined, cause one of two things happen:

A.

You spend 30 seconds in dock selecting ships and fitting them for a match.

You wait 30 seconds min in the MM queue and countdown

Boom, your DDs and maybe some cruisers and/or bbs are dead

*Sigh*

Enabling damage farm mode, falling back

B.

Boom, red DDs and maybe some cruisers and/or bbs are dead

*Sigh*

Enabling rushing to get in some damage mode, chasing reds

• Cool 2

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
136 posts
3,221 battles
1 ora fa, Saiyko ha scritto:

this is weird. It's not about the points coming down. Games these days are ruined, cause one of two things happen:

A.

Boom, your DDs and maybe some cruisers and/or bbs are dead

*Sigh*

Enabling damage farm mode, falling back

B.

Boom, red DDs and maybe some cruisers and/or bbs are dead

*Sigh*

Enabling rushing to get in some damage mode, chasing reds

Litteray my evening today: 1 B and 3 A, the last one with a juicy 30% WR Midway on our side :D

Players
340 posts
3,903 battles

my thanksgiving dinner was terrific.  tons of leftovers.  mmmmm pumpkin pie....

[ASEET]
Players
216 posts
6,627 battles
8 hours ago, Benedictus_de_Suede said:

Ok,

Here's a radical idea. Why don't you play DD and make sure enemy won't get all the caps, this also allows you to let the enemy get a cap (or 2 if there are 4 caps) if you absolutely, positively, must have your matches last as long as possible.

Oh, wait, then you'd be unable to farm damage with your BB... Hmm... Maybe pay a decent/good DD player to do this for you?

My rates start @ 25 Doubloons / match, +3 Doubloons for each full minute of game play. Payments after each battle or no continues. :Smile_coin:

• Boring 1

Players
46 posts
13,615 battles
12 hours ago, principat121 said:

Just stop dying?!

Did I say I died? Your assumption i dead wrong. Our team won in 7 min I killed 3 ships at close range and did 75k dmg (could have been a lot more).

• Boring 1

[SCRUB]
Players
1,927 posts
11 hours ago, Saiyko said:

A.

(...)

B.

(...)

You missed scenario where team engages one-grid-limited hugging mode and forgets about all caps...

• Cool 2

Players
46 posts
13,615 battles
4 hours ago, Gleb_Reawer said:

Here's a radical idea. Why don't you play DD and make sure enemy won't get all the caps, this also allows you to let the enemy get a cap (or 2 if there are 4 caps) if you absolutely, positively, must have your matches last as long as possible.

Oh, wait, then you'd be unable to farm damage with your BB... Hmm... Maybe pay a decent/good DD player to do this for you?

My rates start @ 25 Doubloons / match, +3 Doubloons for each full minute of game play. Payments after each battle or no continues. :Smile_coin:

Here´s is another radical idea. Stop making bad comments on even worse assumptions.

1) I played the Des Moines

2) We won in 7 min!

3) I killed 3 ships and did 75k dmg.

4) The game ended in the middle of all action..

AND YES I think that sucks!

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,352 posts
13,918 battles

To answer your question: "How fun are 7-8 minute matches?" directly @Benedictus_de_Suede - Weeel, they are just about as much fun as having a tooth extracted without anesthetic, except more painful. Of course, if you happen to be on the winning side of it the pain is slightly alleviated by increase in your WR, but the disappointing end score still  remains a let-down.:cap_old:

Jim-Carrey-Freaks-On-In-Ace-Ventura-Pet-

Either way, it's gonna suck...:etc_swear:

• Cool 1

Players
46 posts
13,615 battles
12 hours ago, CptBarney said:

Learn to defend your cap? The amount of idiots that i see that try to bum rush their arses to the moon instead reacting to the loud sirens of the cap being contested is amazing.

Well I did defend the CAP. Killed 1 Moskva 1 Roon and 1 Shima in 4 min (game lasted 7min). Fun game? NO.

Players
46 posts
13,615 battles
13 hours ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

How about "No way, Jose!" ?

OK, so you are a fan of matches that last 7 min? If NOT any ideas of how to improve the mechanics? Perhaps balance the teams on real player skills? Making sure that 4 noob DDs don´t end up facing 4 expert DDs?

Players
2,230 posts
6,204 battles

I don't like the quick 8m matches, but these seems pretty rare so I don't really mind.

But to me such matches are like suddenly overbefore they really got started.

If I want quick steamrolls I go play WoT lol

[ASEET]
Players
216 posts
6,627 battles
2 hours ago, Benedictus_de_Suede said:

OK, so you are a fan of matches that last 7 min? If NOT any ideas of how to improve the mechanics? Perhaps balance the teams on real player skills? Making sure that 4 noob DDs don´t end up facing 4 expert DDs?

SBMM was tested in AW, result 60%+ of players quit because everyone above 50%WR had to play in 3 man divs/toons or play alone against a triple div/toon with team mates that were marginally better than the enemy teams potatoes. Thus making the team with the solo good/unicum player lose with his team of average(~50WR) players. While the triple unicum div/toon carried the potatoes(sub 50WR ppl) to a victory.

During the SBMM test ppl with a WR of ~55% or more, lost 55%-60% of their matches, even in triple divs/toons.

The player base of AW has not recovered, not even after they removed arty from the game. Anyone who has played AW or WoT know how much ppl hate arty and want it removed.

Since the launch of WoT and subsequently WoWS, some ppl have been asking for SBMM and year after year WG has said: "No, If you have skill you deserve to win more" This is a dead end.

How to make the games last longer, keep the game enjoyable and not have it end in a draw bc one DD managed to hide until time ended?

Frankly I don't know and the aforementioned scenario is no fiction, in case you didn't play the game when it was launched.

Before they added points from caps & +/- points from kills, I had about 5-6% draws due to one ship hiding until time ran out. I don't think you like to chase a lone DD in you DM only to be denied victory bc you can't go capping. If you try the DD will start the cap before you and if you turn back he'll just run away again.

I'm quite confident WoWS doesn't have enough players for a LoL style ELO system either, so that's out of the window.

Beta Tester
3,756 posts
13,295 battles
19 hours ago, Benedictus_de_Suede said:

Well yes, sure... these short battles make WoWs feel like sex... a short burst of action and then it's over and you can light a cigarette or turn around to sleep...

To be serious, I rather be done with a battle in the shortest possible time, when having such an amount of potatoes in either team that they get slaughtered like little piggies, than to stretch the battle out until the 20 minutes are over due to one enemy ship being able to run&hide.