You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Dirty_Dunc

Tier 10 Domination Games and Death Wish Destroyers

79 comments in this topic

[_FK_]
Players
46 posts
7,402 battles

I'm tired of watching four or five tier 9/10 destroyers all suiciding at the start of the game and leaving everyone else to rot.  

Sick to the back teeth of watching it happen.  It's not just once in a blue moon ... it's game after game.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
1,474 posts
10,277 battles

Most likely they die because their team refuse to leave the 9-10 line and support them.

The teams today are amazingly bad though.

In almost every game I played as a DD and get 2-3 dd kills,  the BBs and cruisers seem to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory by lemmingtrain to one corner and dying to 3 enemy ships.

Its not just the dds.

• Cool 13

[TENGO]
Players
1,538 posts
8,586 battles
30 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Most likely they die because their team refuse to leave the 9-10 line and support them.

it isn't.

The op is right, and the horrible dds have been a problem for months in a row now. They just die, for no reason at all, often before anyone else was even able to be in a decent supportive position. Be it on my side or the enemy ones, it is still annoying cause it feels so out of control.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[NWP]
Players
3,143 posts
5,550 battles
31 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

I agree with @Saiyko

You could literally babysit them, they would still die (and blame you for not "tanking") How do you tank if the enemies want to shoot the DD? goot question isnt it :cap_hmm:

By this time, you can observe everything:

- DD smoking up infront of Radar cruiser, waiting to die

- Gunboat in the open (best done in Shima)

- Rushing down *insert any ship* because reason?

- Enter cap, smoke up, sit broadside, get torped (if not get torped, get radared)

- Rush into enemy spawn, get cornered, smoke up and wait till enemy team kills you

- Randomly beach at an Island because a BB detected you. Then smoke up, wait till smoke runs out, have the BB waiting for you and blapp you (meanwhile miss torps).

- Smoke up anywhere on the map, wait till you get radared or torped

- Just YOLO without doing anything, then say "i play for fun!"

• Cool 6

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,895 posts
13,410 battles

I think the last match I played with @Saiyko embodies this perfectly:

Spoiler

0H6bvXX.png

Z-52 moves down west flank but gets pushed away by me playing a Worcester. Lightning knows I'm here but still goes in because clearly Worcester doesn't do jack to DDs.

7M5ACIW.png

Z-52 tries to chase down our Shima instead of getting the :etc_swear: out of here, tries to use smoke + hydro in front of 2 radar ships. Truly brilliant.

Radar + concentrated fire from half our team kills him unsurprisingly.

8CcEttQ.png

Lightning now runs after losing a big chunk of health.

2RRD8pG.png

Lol nope, HE TURNS BACK IN.

Also note the brilliant Shima positioning top right.

DDJbk3V.png

Tries to run again but dies because you never need to take Worcesters seriously in a DD.

And that was the match decided right there. No chance of turning this match for the enemy team.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3,738 posts
13,193 battles
7 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

No chance of turning this match for the enemy team.

jepp, no way for that with those BBs/Cruisers on the left flank being overly aggressive *lol*

[ITA]
Players
446 posts
7,713 battles
1 hour ago, Dirty_Dunc said:

I'm tired of watching four or five tier 9/10 destroyers all suiciding at the start of the game and leaving everyone else to rot.  

Sick to the back teeth of watching it happen.  It's not just once in a blue moon ... it's game after game.

When someone during countdown asks “Plan ?” I always respond:

“Survive the first five minutes of the game”.

Does not work.

• Funny 2

Players
3,485 posts
7,240 battles
21 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

The op is right, and the horrible dds have been a problem for months in a row now. They just die, for no reason at all, often before anyone else was even able to be in a decent supportive position. Be it on my side or the enemy ones, it is still annoying cause it feels so out of control.

I think what may have happened is that all the "good" DD players have gotten fed up with the radar meta and gone away and what you have left is all the garbage ones with the occasional super-unicum thrown in for laughs.

Think for a moment about who radar hits hardest, the potatoes are bad in non-radar meta so can't be much worse in a radar heavy one, the unicum players can make the ship work regardless of the circumstances, but the merely good DD players can't make it work and end up having terrible games until they quit.

• Cool 3

[ASEET]
Players
216 posts
6,613 battles

I still pretty much suck with my Gearing, but the interesting thing is that in my first 30? YOLO matches I got called noob for trying to take caps like I did with the t8 & t9 USN DD's.

Now that I've learnt to be more cautious I get flamed for not rushing to cap. Haven't actually been shot, but some have shot next to me to try to force me to suicide in to a cap that is most likely guarded by a radar cruiser. Most often it's the BB's raging, but sometimes the cruisers do it to.

Now I no longer listen to the toxic morons, they might be unicums or potatoes, I don't know bc I don't use MM or any other mods. Instead I just play my game and try to stay alive until I know where the radar cruisers are and then go from there.

Edit: I'm thinking of quitting playing DD's and switching to mainly BB's. I don't even think about playing cruisers bc I suck with them

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,895 posts
13,410 battles
15 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

jepp, no way for that with those BBs/Cruisers on the left flank being overly aggressive *lol*

Clearly you have no understanding of how these ships are supposed to be played unlike this gentleman:

On 11/14/2018 at 3:50 AM, El2aZeR said:
  Hide contents

xxgNZ86.jpg

Red is the Colorado

:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 3

[NWP]
Players
3,143 posts
5,550 battles
21 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

The Shima on El2azers side didnt evaporate in C, despite being pushed by a DM, having ~ equally less backup than the Z.

The difference is, the shima did retreat, while enemy Z and Lightning went full retard and just die for no reason.

The roon was in reasonable distance (lets face it, any closer he could just go yolo)

Even Alsace/Monty are somewhat around, but if they saw up to 8 enemy ships, what should they do except die? (if you are smart, and can see minimap, you even could count up to 9 ships, since the Henri was AFK which enemy team probably couldnt know?

Fact is: The Z could have run away, yet he didnt. The Lightning could have left also, but he didnt. The Lightning died for the cap, even tho they already had the advantage with C.

Shima was equaly worse by attacking that Missouri, without accomplishing anything (obvious, missouri is not dead, yet spotted the shima :cap_fainting:)

DDs run ahead and die after couple of mins. BBs arent that fast. What are the GK/FDG supposed to do back there? the first screen is rather early in the game, as most of both teams kinda sit in their spawn still (especially the BBs)

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
445 posts
2,785 battles
55 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

it isn't.

Ever since the RN DD line was introduced with the event it went downhill fast. 

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,578 posts
5,533 battles

I do find it kind of comedy though the BB complaint cycle.

Thread 1:

"You cant nerf BB AP vs DD! My big guns should obviously do 90% to a DD! They're big! He's little! Some battle happened somewhere where one time a BB hit something! The DD should obviously be punished for his mistake. Yes being spotted for 2 seconds by a random plane is totally a mistake that should be punished by being sent back to port!"

Thread 2:

"OMG DD you need to be at the front in the cap! You need to be spotting the stuff for me to shoot at! Also you need to be in the cap. No i dont care there's a radar somewhere, just get in the cap. Also fight that other DD in front of half their team. Thats your job."

Thread 3:

"OMG why do my DD keep going into a cap, getting lit up by radar and then being blown up by enemy BB and dying?!?"

On topic, theres lots of crap players, just in DD they tend to die faster than the crap BB that are floating around the border somewhere

• Cool 13
  • Funny 5

[IRQ]
Players
2,698 posts
6,372 battles
20 minutes ago, Xevious_Red said:

Thread 1:

"You cant nerf BB AP vs DD! My big guns should obviously do 90% to a DD! They're big! He's little! Some battle happened somewhere where one time a BB hit something! The DD should obviously be punished for his mistake. Yes being spotted for 2 seconds by a random plane is totally a mistake that should be punished by being sent back to port!"

Thread 2:

"OMG DD you need to be at the front in the cap! You need to be spotting the stuff for me to shoot at! Also you need to be in the cap. No i dont care there's a radar somewhere, just get in the cap. Also fight that other DD in front of half their team. Thats your job."

Thread 3:

"OMG why do my DD keep going into a cap, getting lit up by radar and then being blown up by enemy BB and dying?!?"

Thread 4:

"OMG torps need to be nerfed! They just took 50% of my HP and there was no way to avoid it! DDs shouldn't be able to do that much damage in a single salvo!"

• Cool 3
  • Funny 5

Players
803 posts
8,066 battles

As a DD player I get tired of the rants of the bigger ships and people like you OP..

You guys in your BB's or Cruisers have a massive health pool as opposed to say my Shimakaze, Gearing, Yeuyang, Z-52, Benson, Cossack, Lightning, Kitakaze, Kagero, Yugumo....so why don't you support the DD instead of whining and then perhaps we will live longer to be the Supermen you want us to be.

So when a DD flips F3 at a radar equipped Cruiser you sink it... or you do if the brain matter between your eyes is firing properly... If you haven't figured it out take half an hour with a strong coffee and learn the capabilities of the DD deleting enemy ships...

I had a game yesterday where of 3 Destroyers I alone was left alive at 13 minutes because nobody could be arsed to shoot at the "Moksva" "Salem"... we won only because I kept the Musashi (Which I sank), Grosser Kurfurst (Who ate 2 torpedoes and ran), Shimakaze(Which I took down to 2k) and Yugumo away from the 2 of 3 caps we had...I did this alone with zero support... Our Jutland and Haragumo repeatedly F3 at C for help and were completely ignored so fell under the guns of the enemy after radar pinged them.. Moskva and Salem seemed to takes turns and delight in pinging them and they had no support hence no chance.. Haragumo, by his choice of words after being sunk by Moskva, was a little disappointed that his BB consorts only wanted to shoot at other BB's and indeed Moskva survived the whole game... strange that given how we DD's are so poor in the games you play in..

BB's want to understand that it is a team game so stop sitting on the borders, stop sitting behind the islands and shoot the damn ships that can detect DD's... You might then find DD's will actively support you... or you can carry on in the same way that I see in almost every game I play and then it's every one for themselves..

You can't fight a productive game if you have no support... you cannot be aggressive if the radar Cruisers are left afloat... and you cannot cap if the big consorts are so tucked behind islands or far away that their shells are useless... The only BB to actively try to help was a T8 (Tirpitz) at least he understood and tried to help.. DD's are small and should not have to carry Battleships or Cruisers just to gain victory..

But we are having to.. and OP you whine??

Screenshot (543).png

Screenshot (544).png

• Cool 7

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,919 posts
8,249 battles

Hi all,

1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

I agree with @Saiyko

You could literally babysit them, they would still die (and blame you for not "tanking") How do you tank if the enemies want to shoot the DD? goot question isnt it :cap_hmm:

By this time, you can observe everything:

- DD smoking up infront of Radar cruiser, waiting to die

- Gunboat in the open (best done in Shima)

- Rushing down *insert any ship* because reason?

- Enter cap, smoke up, sit broadside, get torped (if not get torped, get radared)

- Rush into enemy spawn, get cornered, smoke up and wait till enemy team kills you

- Randomly beach at an Island because a BB detected you. Then smoke up, wait till smoke runs out, have the BB waiting for you and blapp you (meanwhile miss torps).

- Smoke up anywhere on the map, wait till you get radared or torped

- Just YOLO without doing anything, then say "i play for fun!"

I really had to laugh the most at

"Gunboat in the open (best done in Shima)"

because just few days ago I had that kind of "special" player in my team... he was trying to be gunboat in both inside the smoke and outside the smoke the whole match while he lived (albeit shortly for obvious reasons) while spamming (and 100% missing) long range torpedoes... :Smile_hiding:

When I checked his stats after game it showed 400+ games in "Shimakaze" with average damage of 11K... :Smile_amazed:

Leo "Apollo11"

• Funny 2

Players
803 posts
8,066 battles
1 minute ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

I really had to laugh the most at

"Gunboat in the open (best done in Shima)"

because just few days ago I had that kind of "special" player in my team... he was trying to be gunboat in both inside the smoke and outside the smoke the whole match while he lived (albeit shortly for obvious reasons) while spamming (and 100% missing) long range torpedoes... :Smile_hiding:

When I checked his stats after game it showed 400+ games in "Shimakaze" with average damage of 11K... :Smile_amazed:

Leo "Apollo11"

As a Shimakaze player whoever the Captain was he brings shame to us all.... :Smile_sceptic: you reckon he was on 20km?

Players
1,474 posts
10,277 battles
2 hours ago, Saiyko said:

it isn't.

CVs are going the way of the dinosaurs, so now it is time to cry about the nest carry class, the DDs :Smile_popcorn:

Its not like there are more fruitcakes sailing DDs than any other classes.

It just happens that WG set the game up around killing DDs, and making even a single mistake these days means getting blapped 100-0.

Also WG still encourages Damagewhoring in DDs since nothing else grants decent XP and guess what? Most DDs cant torp anything without entering radar range to do it.:cap_rambo:

Untill all enemy ships are accounted for, DDs need open water to spot radars and BBs coming so as not to get blapped (as the OP complains about).

This often leads to a lot of conflicts with cruiser and BB captains who usually want island cover and thus lemmingtrains in the OTHER direction.

1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

Shima was equaly worse by attacking that Missouri, without accomplishing anything (obvious, missouri is not dead, yet spotted the shima :cap_fainting:)

That shima is clearly too far from the missouri to have been spotted by anything other than radar, which can be a calculated risk.

His position and path is not bad at all, he could be a good player. Where else could he go with a clear line of sight to see enemy radars coming?

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,919 posts
8,249 battles

Hi all,

2 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

As a Shimakaze player whoever the Captain was he brings shame to us all.... :Smile_sceptic: you reckon he was on 20km?

I do... he ended up being last or 2nd to last in our team... :Smile-angry:

BTW, we lost, of course, because there was no spotting (I was trying to support him in my BB but it was to no avail - I even kindly asked him several times to stop firing his guns because he is not gunboat and start spotting for us and use stealth - but nothing)... :Smile_sad:

Leo "Apollo11"

[TENGO]
Players
1,538 posts
8,586 battles
1 minute ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

CVs are going the way of the dinosaurs, so now it is time to cry about the nest carry class, the DDs :Smile_popcorn:

@El2aZeR

come on, do your thing :Smile-_tongue::Smile-_tongue::Smile-_tongue:

• Funny 4

[IRQ]
Players
2,698 posts
6,372 battles
6 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

The main reason DDs can carry as much as they can is because the BBs are scaring away all the cruisers.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,895 posts
13,410 battles
6 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

@El2aZeR

come on, do your thing :Smile-_tongue::Smile-_tongue::Smile-_tongue:

I mean, he isn't exactly wrong considering the rework may just kill the game outright. :Smile_teethhappy:

9 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

This isn't about DDs. DDs as a class are fine. This is about the ridiculous amount of sub-par players and WG's outright refusal to do anything to improve the situation.

Naturally I can provide plenty examples for potato BBs, CVs and/or cruisers as well.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
803 posts
8,066 battles

I don't dispute that their are some shoddy DD players, I have seen them myself, But; I find it more frequent that BB's don't give a toss for their DD allies. We are expected to perform miracles and the only thing that interests the BB players I have seen is...well nothing. I have as a DD had only a few games where I actually received 100% committed support from a BB... Usually, I am trying to be master of all things, alone.

It's like this.. A BB captain sees that a DD marks a Moskva (for example) with F3 ...... waiting, waiting, waiting..Oh look Moskva goes dark and disappears behind the island.. Ping and on comes his radar and blap, blap, blap the allied DD is no more...and it is all the DD's fault because he died "Too early." :etc_swear:That!!

• Cool 2