Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Xevious_Red

Royal Navy Collection

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,591 posts
5,533 battles

So the RN collection started today, and I'd like to question if its bugged or if I just have hilarious RNG;

 

So far I've had 1 piece, and 3 duplicates of the same piece (HMS Jutland)

  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
Players
3,797 posts
6,526 battles

That's just bad luck

 

On all 3 of your duplicates rolls you had 93.75% chance of a unique / 6.25% chance of a duplicate

 

Rolling the same collectible 4 times in a row tho... 1 in 65 536 or 0.0015%. A rare chance so to say :cap_book:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,591 posts
5,533 battles
10 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

That's just bad luck

 

On all 3 of your duplicates rolls you had 93.75% chance of a unique / 6.25% chance of a duplicate

 

Rolling the same collectible 4 times in a row tho... 1 in 65 536 or 0.0015%. A rare chance so to say :cap_book:

Cheers for the answer. Been one of those days. I also met @X_E_V_I_O_U_S in battle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
3,746 posts
13,295 battles

Well, I got two RN containers and both held the same AA collectible... so OP is not the only unlucky one...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
676 posts
5,922 battles
2 hours ago, Xevious_Red said:

So the RN collection started today, and I'd like to question if its bugged or if I just have hilarious RNG;

 

So far I've had 1 piece, and 3 duplicates of the same piece (HMS Jutland)

I bought 5 containers, and got 4 Jutland shields :Smile_trollface:

 

So far I've had more duplicates than items from 9 containers. Do the maths.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,636 posts
6,853 battles

Unlucky.  I bought five containers - 10 items from the collection and no duplicates.

 

I can't recall the last set without checking - OK it was the three years of WoWS collection.  The second item I got was a duplicate of the first.  Not a good start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
Players
2,872 posts
10,366 battles

I haven't bought anything, had 4 RN containers and 1 daily which gave me 5 unique elements of the collection. That's RNG for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
1,865 posts
5,310 battles

I've got something like five things from the collection, so far, and no duplicates.

RNGeezus is, almost certainly, readying His capacious bowels for the most enormous imminent dump on me from a great height, no doubt...

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
3,746 posts
13,295 battles
7 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I've got something like five things from the collection, so far, and no duplicates.

RNGeezus is, almost certainly, readying His capacious bowels for the most enormous imminent dump on me from a great height, no doubt...

 

Yeah, check your BB hitrate during the next days... RNGesus will make it plummet! ;)

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
1,865 posts
5,310 battles
1 hour ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

 

Yeah, check your BB hitrate during the next days... RNGesus will make it plummet! ;)

Now on seven elements of the collection, with no dups (yet) - I'm so very, very Doomed...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,745 posts
12,447 battles

This is the first collection that I am NOT monitoring progress. :Smile_sad:

 

Don't know how many of the free containers I have received. They have a nice camo and a flag - which is nice.

 

The rewards for this collection are (sadly) not relevant to me.

a) I respect that some people value being able to fly two flags - but I don't personally.

b) The camo for HMS Lightning is good - but I already grinded past that ship

c) The camo for HMCS Haida appeals to fans/owners of that ship. It's a fine ship, but I don't have it or plan to get it.

 

But for everyone who is aiming to complete the collection - GOOD LUCK! :Smile_honoring:

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,660 posts
14,930 battles

1st six crates I opened I got 6 x 120mm Gun MK IX ..... so 1 x useful and 5 x duplicates.... was asking same question as OP in Teamspeak last night!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[KAKE]
Players
714 posts
2,804 battles

My second item was a duplicate of the first, but the third was a different one. I don't think there's anything wrong with how it works, but there's always going to be some statistical clustering.

 

1 hour ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

b) The camo for HMS Lightning is good - but I already grinded past that ship

I just set the Lighting "on hold" after they announced the collection and the rewards for it (did the same with the Cleve until I got the 'murica camo). So many other lines to grind anyway, it doesn't hurt to take a break from one line or the other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
2,305 posts
7,452 battles
2 hours ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

This is the first collection that I am NOT monitoring progress. :Smile_sad:

 

Don't know how many of the free containers I have received. They have a nice camo and a flag - which is nice.

 

The rewards for this collection are (sadly) not relevant to me.

a) I respect that some people value being able to fly two flags - but I don't personally.

b) The camo for HMS Lightning is good - but I already grinded past that ship

c) The camo for HMCS Haida appeals to fans/owners of that ship. It's a fine ship, but I don't have it or plan to get it.

 

But for everyone who is aiming to complete the collection - GOOD LUCK! :Smile_honoring:

My thoughts exactly. Getting some decorations from collection without any actual stat benefits? No thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AS13]
Players
1,477 posts
1,724 battles
15 hours ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Yeah, check your BB hitrate during the next days... RNGesus will make it plummet! ;)

If I see him in game, I'm buggering off to the other side of the map.

 

Because with so much luck, the dump probably means his guns are firing backwards!

 

14 hours ago, Verblonde said:

Now on seven elements of the collection, with no dups (yet) - I'm so very, very Doomed...

panic-we-are-all-doomed.png

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×