You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Dragosh1205

Yet another matchmaker complaint

8 comments in this topic

[MSG9]
Players
6 posts
2,507 battles

For the love of god (or satan since god left this to his fate), fix the damn matchmaker. Tired of asking, and tired of being one of the many people who ask for this. 

I absolutely do not want to be instantly matched in a game only to see i am stuck as a tier 8 vs full tier 10 enemies. To be honest, tier 10 sucks in my opinion and i never want to play it. So why am i always playing vs higher tiers? 50 matches and not one of them was i top tier, always 2 tiers below enemies. Why can't i get tier 8 and find full tier 6 enemies? Totally unfair.

Let's take this in order: 
First of all, there have been no cases where i clicked battle and could press leave battle (leave the queue) because a match would be found instantly. So if i change my mind suddenly because of random reasons, i am stuck fighting that battle in order to do some chores that appeared unpredictably before the battle. This reduces my battle appetite and in a way "tilts" me from performing well in that battle since i am in a hurry to finish it and do what i have to do outside the game (happens mostly at work). 

Secondly, you want to provide a quick queue in order to do as many battles possible. It's okay. But the trade-off to that is not worth it at all. I want to fight tiers equal to my own, not more, not less. It is totally unfair playing an Edinburgh and getting insta-deleted by a yamato firing from 20km away, and hitting your nose with 2 shots which citadel. Where is the fun in that? Where is the fun in going broadside in a paper armored ship and getting no overpens from an enemy, only arming ap shots which should pass through like on a DD. You recently fixed the DD losing more than 75% hp in a salvo, but cruisers were not such a case even at extreme angles. At this point I literally cannot play the Edinburgh and progress further down the British CL line due to the incredible matchmaker that always puts me with tier 10 enemies who delete me in one slavo regardless of angle. Or in some extremely lucky instances where i have 10% hp left. Smoke doesn't help either since they can shoot blindly at your last firing position if they pay attention and 1-2 hits can also be scored. 

Thirdly, inconsistent battles because of this have made me do one thing every time. The same thing you enforced with a pink color ingame. Yes. Whenever i get dropped in a match with tier 10 enemies, i will leave. Period. I don't care anymore if i get penalties or not since nobody cares that we don't like playing vs top tier ships in lower tiered ones. Now i'm not saying its impossible to play vs them, but it is incredibly situational, and it shouldn't be. Take a moba game, it is situational but every matchup has the means to counter and finish the game, up to a point. You don't have that option here. This incredible frustration the matchmaking has given me has come to the point where i deleted the game in a rage quit. And i won't be installing any time soon until i see that fix that i have been waiting for these last 2 years at least. It is extremely infuriating to play only to play, not to be able to play to win or to be satisfied with results and to be satisfied with how the game works out for you. I cannot play anymore when I, the customer, am treated like a pleb only there for my money and nothing else. There is literally no respect in putting me in a match vs enemies 2 tiers above. Imagine a football match with 8 vs 10 players, or a box match with 2 different leagues. It is simply not fair. 

Solutions? Simple. Give me the damn option to TICK A BOX where i opt in for a longer but fairer queue. I don't care if it takes 1-2 minutes to find a game. If that game will mean i get placed with equal tiers then i will be satisfied. There's 7 million or so players from what i heard in this game. The queue wont be THAT long with so many people out there. Heck, even modern mobas (i will compare this to a moba since it is similar in almost every aspect) will wait a bit to find the perfect match for you. This game, it throws all the rules away and finds the quickest out there.  

As a conclusion, this is my frustration searching for a way to be let out, so that i can move on, so that i can be done with this game if nothing else is done. Bash me all you want, i don't care anymore. I am sick and tired, the pain has numbed my senses to this point. I also don't think i need to post screenshots of every chat after i or another player gets instantly deleted by a 2 tier higher enemy. Literally all of them complain about the matchmaker, literally all of them bash the game for being stupid and so on. Or at least in my experience, there's always exceptions too. 

You won't see me again anymore, sad to go, but also satisfied with my conclusion and totally entitled to it since you brought me to this. I dedicated 3 years of my life playing this game and i have been rewarded with nothing but petty incentives. Nothing to make my loyalty worth it. 

• Boring 3
  • Bad 1

[HOME]
Players
640 posts
7,855 battles
22 minutes ago, Dragosh1205 said:

First of all, there have been no cases where i clicked battle and could press leave battle (leave the queue) because a match would be found instantly. So if i change my mind suddenly because of random reasons, i am stuck fighting that battle in order to do some chores that appeared unpredictably before the battle. This reduces my battle appetite and in a way "tilts" me from performing well in that battle since i am in a hurry to finish it and do what i have to do outside the game (happens mostly at work).

image.png.6db35ba44f40b2e0a3d6fde2fe5e784a.png

You click battle, get into battle, and you complain about getting into a battle. topkek

Pro tip: When at work try to be productive since you are geting paid instead of playing video games.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[TRRC]
[TRRC]
Players
151 posts
4,338 battles
9 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

Employee of the month

Winter time is here again, when will be quiet days at work I will bring in my laptop and play wows again:D At least I not complaining about mm now, jumped over most of t8 ships.not worth the T8 agains tX nerv recking battles....Atm 1 ship left to get and thats the daring.....gathering free exp to unlock it from lightning:D

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,246 posts
7,260 battles
21 minutes ago, Dragosh1205 said:

For the love of god (or satan since god left this to his fate), fix the damn matchmaker. Tired of asking, and tired of being one of the many people who ask for this. 

I absolutely do not want to be instantly matched in a game only to see i am stuck as a tier 8 vs full tier 10 enemies. To be honest, tier 10 sucks in my opinion and i never want to play it. So why am i always playing vs higher tiers? 50 matches and not one of them was i top tier, always 2 tiers below enemies. Why can't i get tier 8 and find full tier 6 enemies? Totally unfair.

look at the most recent patchnotes....

Let's take this in order: 

If you press the battle button you make a comittment. If you don't expect to have time for the next 20 Minutes then just don't do it.

Secondly, you want to provide a quick queue in order to do as many battles possible. It's okay. But the trade-off to that is not worth it at all. I want to fight tiers equal to my own, not more, not less. It is totally unfair playing an Edinburgh and getting insta-deleted by a yamato firing from 20km away, and hitting your nose with 2 shots which citadel. Where is the fun in that? Where is the fun in going broadside in a paper armored ship and getting no overpens from an enemy, only arming ap shots which should pass through like on a DD.

that's not how it works and if you are lowtier there are other lowtiers in the enemyteam too. Just do the support role.

You recently fixed the DD losing more than 75% hp in a salvo,

you are mixing things up here, please avoid sharing half true information.

What WG did is making DDs immune to insant death to detonation for their first 25% HP which hardly did anything outside of DD vs DD engagements.

WG also now removed 280+ AP full penetration and made it always do only 10% of the shell damage like overpenetration.

but cruisers were not such a case even at extreme angles. At this point I literally cannot play the Edinburgh and progress further down the British CL line due to the incredible matchmaker that always puts me with tier 10 enemies who delete me in one slavo regardless of angle. Or in some extremely lucky instances where i have 10% hp left. Smoke doesn't help either since they can shoot blindly at your last firing position if they pay attention and 1-2 hits can also be scored. 

The RN CLs are really in a bad spot right now because of the now widespread radar and people that learned to shoot those even when concealed in smoke.

However don't be fooled by your brain selectivly only renembering the bad matchups.

Yes Tier VIII MM is brutal which is why WG changed it (again read the patchnotes) and we will see to which effect but it's most likely not as bad as you think.

Thirdly, inconsistent battles because of this have made me do one thing every time. The same thing you enforced with a pink color ingame. Yes. Whenever i get dropped in a match with tier 10 enemies, i will leave. Period. I don't care anymore if i get penalties or not since nobody cares that we don't like playing vs top tier ships in lower tiered ones. Now i'm not saying its impossible to play vs them, but it is incredibly situational, and it shouldn't be. Take a moba game, it is situational but every matchup has the means to counter and finish the game, up to a point. You don't have that option here. This incredible frustration the matchmaking has given me has come to the point where i deleted the game in a rage quit. And i won't be installing any time soon until i see that fix that i have been waiting for these last 2 years at least. It is extremely infuriating to play only to play, not to be able to play to win or to be satisfied with results and to be satisfied with how the game works out for you.

Please don't be the guy that leaves a team in a teamgame and instantly gimping their chance of victory.

As I said Tier VIII is not that useless and certainly can do more like in WoT for example.

I think a game where 1/12 (or potentionally more) of the team leave beacue they don't like the matchup is worse than being lowtier.

If it is too much just take a break. It works I've seen it with fellow players i know.

I cannot play anymore when I, the customer, am treated like a pleb only there for my money and nothing else. There is literally no respect in putting me in a match vs enemies 2 tiers above. Imagine a football match with 8 vs 10 players, or a box match with 2 different leagues. It is simply not fair. 

The customer part should make no difference in a free to play game does it?

Also you don't want a skillbased MM trust me.

Solutions? Simple. Give me the damn option to TICK A BOX where i opt in for a longer but fairer queue. I don't care if it takes 1-2 minutes to find a game. If that game will mean i get placed with equal tiers then i will be satisfied. There's 7 million or so players from what i heard in this game. The queue wont be THAT long with so many people out there. Heck, even modern mobas (i will compare this to a moba since it is similar in almost every aspect) will wait a bit to find the perfect match for you. This game, it throws all the rules away and finds the quickest out there.  

This game uses local (as in continent) servers to avoid lag issues by playing vs asians or russian players so it can't compare to things like Mobas and AAA FPS titles in terms of queue times.

Also what is what you consider fair? the problem is everyone has a different understanding of that word so a "tick this box" solution won't work and as why +-1 Tier MM won't work just consult one of the many relevant other Threads.

As a conclusion, this is my frustration searching for a way to be let out, so that i can move on, so that i can be done with this game if nothing else is done. Bash me all you want, i don't care anymore. I am sick and tired, the pain has numbed my senses to this point. I also don't think i need to post screenshots of every chat after i or another player gets instantly deleted by a 2 tier higher enemy. Literally all of them complain about the matchmaker, literally all of them bash the game for being stupid and so on. Or at least in my experience, there's always exceptions too. 

I think you have a different understanding of the word "all" than me too.

Dude just take a break.

You won't see me again anymore, sad to go, but also satisfied with my conclusion and totally entitled to it since you brought me to this. I dedicated 3 years of my life playing this game and i have been rewarded with nothing but petty incentives. Nothing to make my loyalty worth it. 

Well if my above points still don't work and you come to this conclusion then don't let the door hit you on the way out.

If you however descide to still lurk the forums then please refrain from opening nonconstructive rantpost like yours 80& consists of.