You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Aircraft Carrier Beta Round 3 - Feedback Thread

315 comments in this topic

[5D]
Players
426 posts
20,009 battles

still no control of the carrier itself and the excuse is because we cant concentrate on more than 1 thing at once... that is just pathetic. we have given you feedback to give us control of the CV and you still ignore it

• Cool 20

Players
259 posts
6,632 battles

If i read this correctly i will be gaining a tonload of free XP simply because i have the entire US line. Thats a bogue, ranger and essex in free XP plus a number of modules-  i'm expecting over 300k, proving my point about the whole musashi / kronshtadt withdrawal. 

Will it be possible to choose which tier 8 premium carrier you want to have instead of just getting the new saipan (i have the saipan...)? 

And are premium CV sales scheduled soon after the release of the CV rework- more specifically, for doubloons in game, such that we can trade them?

The difference between research costs of the carrier in the new system and the total cost of researching the carrier and her predecessor in the old system will be compensated in Free XP.

Another bright point IMO is that i have renewed hope for the IJN carriers, especially since my grind is stuck at tier 7. Now i'll be stuck at tier 8 instead, but thats a lot closer to tier 10 right

Beta Tester
80 posts
3,746 battles

We have taken note of your requests, but we believe that it is important to adhere to the concept of managing one unit. There will always be one thing under control: a squadron or an aircraft carrier. This will allow you not to get distracted in battle, reducing the load from the controls. If at the time of controlling a squadron, the player must return to manage the aircraft carrier, this can be done through a tactical map or returning the current squadron to the aircraft carrier.

you don't get it do you :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 7

[ADRIA]
Players
3,796 posts
6,526 battles
57 minutes ago, suppenkaschperl said:

So this test is on another server then the usual testing(PTS) ?

So it necessary to have the wargamingcenter?

Exactly like on both previous iterations of TST

Beta Tester
24 posts
8,122 battles
4 hours ago, Mr_Snoww said:

still no control of the carrier itself and the excuse is because we cant concentrate on more than 1 thing at once... that is just pathetic. we have given you feedback to give us control of the CV and you still ignore it

+ 1 to that

Please stop calling us stupid to our faces. Give some sort of auto pilot or stand by for the squadron currently under control in order to quickly tap 1 and go back to controlling the CV, handle the problem whatever it might be, and then back to whatever remains of the squadron still in the air waiting for orders... That could do it for me, but no, you are forcing us to retrieve the squadron just to be able to steer the ship or press "R"...

Not cool WG

• Cool 4

[IRON7]
Players
335 posts
235 battles

I will just fly the planes & forget about the CV - just like dumb CV players do now - this is obviously what WG wants us to do in the test as you aren't allowed anymore to control both simultaneously.

It is clear, Mr Snoww, that WG is intentionally dumbing down CV play. 

I will certainly be playing in the 3rd round of 'testing' (if I don't my comments won't have validity if I don't play now will they?)

• Cool 5

[IRON7]
Players
335 posts
235 battles

2 hours ago, zmeul said:

I second these comments too. +2

• Cool 4

[IFS]
Players
26 posts
5,617 battles

Apparently again from the whole spectrum of opinions WG carefully selects only those which they like and pretend that this is a general opinion of the public. The new CVs are fundamentally broken in many areas and this will result in less CVs in the game. 

• Cool 3

Players
16 posts
8,385 battles

So many things well done with the rework just to throw it over board with the denial of ship control. It has been stated soooo many times that it´s needed and really the argument with controling only one thing doesn´t fly. When you helm a artie ship you don´t just put your guns into a reload cycle just to repair a fire/flooding or counter some damage. YOU JUST DON´T DO IT. So please don´t try to tell us we have to do that with the CVs. Just let AI take over the planes for those 10-20 seconds we need to deal with whatever it is atm and then give us back control over whatever may be left of our strike flight. It is a little degree of multitasking that is on exactly the same level as watching the map while sailing around, while looking for the enemy ... no more, no less. Come on don´t insult us like that.

• Cool 8
  • Bad 1

[1911]
Players
52 posts
7,807 battles

I honestly couldn't care less about Cvs - but I will do some testing with the reworked AA. Especially the captain skills look incredibly underwhelming and not worth the points, we will see.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[UNICS]
Players
1,129 posts
14,483 battles
17 hours ago, zmeul said:

I think they do, but dont want to admit that they cannot fix the issue, as is simply wont work with their current engine... , unless they can add a 2d panel showing your cv while flying the squadron (Like pre version 2.0 wowp had showing u the enemy aircraft you locked on to) so you can control cv with arrow keys and the squadron with WSAD keys

For instance 

maxresdefault.jpg

Look at bottom left corner , you can implement the same accept show your cv there instead which u can control with arrow keys .

I know im going to refund both cv lines

• Cool 1

[WCWVE]
Players
728 posts
11,335 battles

Will be testing but if the rework goes ahead in its current form my CV's will stay in port, with no control of the ship it is no longer World of Warships but World of Planes, also no word on whether WG have improved the aiming reticle's as has been requested 

[OCG-R]
Beta Tester
137 posts
7,345 battles

Poor new gameplay, poor compensation for the old ones... What is the point to even try to change anything, just remove the class, it would be less painful to see.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 2

Players
2 posts
2,458 battles
On 11/22/2018 at 6:40 PM, zmeul said:

We have taken note of your requests, but we believe that it is important to adhere to the concept of managing one unit. There will always be one thing under control: a squadron or an aircraft carrier. This will allow you not to get distracted in battle, reducing the load from the controls. If at the time of controlling a squadron, the player must return to manage the aircraft carrier, this can be done through a tactical map or returning the current squadron to the aircraft carrier.

If there has been a single thing that everyone agreed to about the rework it was that this needed to go, that being able to have some form of improved control over your CV was the absolute priority concern. I just took it for granted that you were going to do something about it, as promised in the gameplay reveal stream. Is it really that hard to make the 1 key pan back to the CV for direct control while the planes keep flying on the last inputted course? Doing just that and that alone would be enough. No, it doesn't load the player with multitasking as long as he doesn't have negative IQ, nor load the controls in any way whatsoever. And while I am no programmer, I can't see how the game engine couldn't handle that as it is esencially exactly what happens when switching squads on current CVs. And for that matter, you are still only controlling a single unit at any given time so even if you wanted to religiously adhere to your concept agenda for whatever reason that still wouldn't be an excuse. So, dear dev team, if you're reading this, please, just answer a simple question: Why? What you gave us for an answer in the article above isn't satisfactory for anyone with a working braincell.

• Cool 4

Players
16 posts
8,385 battles
2 hours ago, HaganeNoKaze said:

Poor new gameplay, poor compensation for the old ones... What is the point to even try to change anything, just remove the class, it would be less painful to see.

Hm to be honest on the second point i somewhat agree thought not fully on the first. The new style is closer in line with the way surface ships work (yeah yeah planes and all that) but i don´t see it as poor, riddled with bugs and problems yes but not poor (unless you liked the rts version ofc.).

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[OCG-R]
Beta Tester
137 posts
7,345 battles
37 minutes ago, Terminatus_Est said:

Hm to be honest on the second point i somewhat agree thought not fully on the first. The new style is closer in line with the way surface ships work (yeah yeah planes and all that) but i don´t see it as poor, riddled with bugs and problems yes but not poor (unless you liked the rts version ofc.).

yeah, I like more the RTS version than the future one, and after both first test phase, I find it already repetitive and boring, with an AA too much powerful (do not change from the actual model tho...)

[RADAU]
Players
8 posts
8,919 battles

Hi, i need some help to download the client.

As Region only Asia,Europe, North America and Public Test are displayed. TST is not chooseable because it is not diplayed.

a soon answer/solution would make me very happy :)

[STAFU]
Players
10 posts
15,685 battles

Hello,

How can I install the client?

I followed the instructions from WG site but there is  no TST instance.

image.thumb.png.d431a3eeb7c2db2f6b1248f81935e9a5.png

Tx.

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
1,244 posts
6,022 battles
1 hour ago, HanJuO said:

Hi, i need some help to download the client.

As Region only Asia,Europe, North America and Public Test are displayed. TST is not chooseable because it is not diplayed.

a soon answer/solution would make me very happy :)

19 minutes ago, tfrtm said:

Hello,

Tx.

It should be available:

"You can download and update the client on Fr. 23 Nov. 20:00 CET (UTC+1) / Ihre Ortszeit: Fr. 23 Nov. 20:00

However, the gates to the test server open around November 27!"

So, maybe someone of the Wargaming Crew could help out ( @Sehales ), or send a Mail to the support.

Beta Tester
80 posts
3,746 battles
18 hours ago, cristinelul12 said:

If there has been a single thing that everyone agreed to about the rework it was that this needed to go, that being able to have some form of improved control over your CV was the absolute priority concern. I just took it for granted that you were going to do something about it, as promised in the gameplay reveal stream. Is it really that hard to make the 1 key pan back to the CV for direct control while the planes keep flying on the last inputted course? Doing just that and that alone would be enough. No, it doesn't load the player with multitasking as long as he doesn't have negative IQ, nor load the controls in any way whatsoever. And while I am no programmer, I can't see how the game engine couldn't handle that as it is esencially exactly what happens when switching squads on current CVs. And for that matter, you are still only controlling a single unit at any given time so even if you wanted to religiously adhere to your concept agenda for whatever reason that still wouldn't be an excuse. So, dear dev team, if you're reading this, please, just answer a simple question: Why? What you gave us for an answer in the article above isn't satisfactory for anyone with a working braincell.

the whole CV rework should not've happened in the 1st place, I honestly do not know anyone outside the dev team who asked for this

they also said they'll rework CVs, fine ... but no where did they say the rest of the ships will have to suffer along with it - the air sectors change is the most asinine thing you could do 

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
80 posts
3,746 battles
On 11/23/2018 at 11:47 AM, Ysterpyp said:

I think they do, but dont want to admit that they cannot fix the issue, as is simply wont work with their current engine...

what do you mean it doesn't work with their current engine, then how does it work on the live build?!?!

they could simply switch from the current squadron back to CV with a key press and then back to the squad with another key press

[ARGUS]
Players
2,077 posts
6,090 battles
7 hours ago, tfrtm said:

Hello,

Tx.

Did you hit the buttom at the news-page?

Are you loged in with the right account?

otherweise doesen´t show - as on your pic

:Smile_honoring: Blaubeeren

• Cool 2