You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
rio9210

New "Storm condition" totally suck

28 comments in this topic

[ANGL]
Players
7 posts
6,546 battles

Just played a game where for the first time we tasted the new "storm" weather conditions. My question is:

DOES THIS MEDIOCRE PROGRAMMERS REALIZE THAT THIS GAME HAS TO BE FUN ?

Wasn't enough confusion before, with smoke, water particles, burning ships, etc ? Now it's a real nightmare to play, it can't be seen anything, it can't be understand anything, just a bunch of unclear pixels that makes me regret my Premium monthly payment and makes me think every day harder:

I WANT MY MONEY BACK.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 5
  • Bad 2

[UNICS]
Players
1,134 posts
14,571 battles
7 minutes ago, rio9210 said:

Just played a game

No you haven't, unless co-op maybe and that is not hard

nogames.thumb.png.ac99209091ae53c8847ab426aee1c023.png

• Funny 3

[ANGL]
Players
7 posts
6,546 battles
4 hours ago, Ysterpyp said:

No you haven't, unless co-op maybe and that is not hard

nogames.thumb.png.ac99209091ae53c8847ab426aee1c023.png

Trust me, there were "atmospheric conditions" never seen before. REMEMBER, a game  MUST BE FUN, not realistic.

BTW, who are you, one of programmer's granny ? Mother ? 

[ANGL]
Players
7 posts
6,546 battles
4 hours ago, Srle_Vigilante said:

45282632_1877534845616464_1909679632467099648_n.jpg.3cec3ed17abc7fdaaa8f3b4b49334684.jpg

From how long ? Weeks ? Months ? Years ?

Developers read this forum ?

DID THEY EVER HEARD ABOUT COMPLAINTS REGARDING TWO TIERS DIFFERENCE THAT FOR A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOT OF PEOPLE IS TOO MUCH ?

Did someone do something or IT's JUST ABOUT MONEY, users are just sheep to be milked ?

If I summarize my experience with WoW, I have just one word to say:

WTF ? 

• Funny 1

[ADRIA]
Players
3,834 posts
6,552 battles
1 hour ago, rio9210 said:

Trust me, there were "atmospheric conditions" never seen before.

1) Reading the patch notes is such a hard task, aye?

2) They have been seen before, and quite a lot actually. Ever played Operation Hermes (or even the last space-ships event)?

1 hour ago, rio9210 said:

If I summarize my experience with WoW, I have just one word to say:

WTF ? 

Here's how I summarize it: git gud :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[UNICS]
Players
1,134 posts
14,571 battles
4 hours ago, rio9210 said:

programmer's granny ? Mother ? 

don't let granny teach u a lesson in manners...

[TAYTO]
Players
28 posts
6,061 battles

Had one battle this morning with Snow Storm going on. What a pain. It was difficult to see clearly for most of the battle, adding smoke, water splashes, guns smoke, etc. But we won so the red team was probably having a harder time :)

[W-C]
Players
371 posts
1,636 battles

I dunno, OP, but if you're struggling with water splashes, smoke and fires on ships then maybe a game with ships and guns is not for you?:Smile_hiding:

I'm kinda looking forward to seeing these conditions in a battle and trying it out - variety is always welcome, although it is possible to get too much I suppose.

Oh well, we'll see - I may yet have reason to complain when I meet my first storm but until then, bring it on! :cap_hmm:

Players
664 posts

Welcome to World of Weather Systems, not every battle takes place on a clear sunny day. It cant be that bad, I wish you 'clear skies' ahead.

[ANGL]
Players
7 posts
6,546 battles
On 11/23/2018 at 11:56 AM, Rusty_9 said:

I dunno, OP, but if you're struggling with water splashes, smoke and fires on ships then maybe a game with ships and guns is not for you?:Smile_hiding:

I'm kinda looking forward to seeing these conditions in a battle and trying it out - variety is always welcome, although it is possible to get too much I suppose.

Oh well, we'll see - I may yet have reason to complain when I meet my first storm but until then, bring it on! :cap_hmm:

When water splashes, smoke and fires get too intrusive, the screen becomes a bunch of unclear pixels that can be classified like everything but FUN. And please, don't talk about "simulation", THIS IS A GAME AND HAS TO BE FUN, not to put your life in danger like on a real ship out there in the waters (would you play a game so realistic that makes your a.s.s.h.o.l.e tremble ?). Please, make your interests, not those of who takes your money and gives you a LESS THAN POLISHED product (I was gentle with "less than polished"...)

[UNICS]
Players
2,853 posts
11,843 battles
On 11/22/2018 at 8:51 PM, wilkatis_LV said:

1) Reading the patch notes is such a hard task, aye?

2) They have been seen before, and quite a lot actually. Ever played Operation Hermes (or even the last space-ships event)?

Here's how I summarize it: git gud :Smile_trollface:

While OP seems to be a bit of a cry baby, reading patch notes is too much to ask for, for the average player. I usually don't do it, but I don't cry about it either.

I wouldn't mind a small pop-up the first time they warn about an incoming storm, explaining the basics what is affected. Same goes for all newly introduced mechanics.

Players
664 posts
16 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

While OP seems to be a bit of a cry baby, reading patch notes is too much to ask for, for the average player. I usually don't do it, but I don't cry about it either.

I wouldn't mind a small pop-up the first time they warn about an incoming storm, explaining the basics what is affected. Same goes for all newly introduced mechanics.

Ive seen you cry a few times

[UNICS]
Players
2,853 posts
11,843 battles
1 minute ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Ive seen you cry a few times

Asking for my money back because of an update? Feel free to direct me to that post.

[SQRL]
Players
86 posts
10,310 battles

First game in a snow storm,  tier 10 + epicenter (I was tier 8). I mean who thought that was a good combination?

Turns out two Dez's sat slap in the middle, can't be spotted as our radar cruisers are idiots and nowhere near the outside circle, let alone the inner one. I try and spot in a DD - and blamo, catch a glimpse of the 2 radar ships as I'm wiped out in 10s from less than 4km

[ANV]
Players
220 posts
5,352 battles

On 11/22/2018 at 1:31 PM, rio9210 said:

Just played a game where for the first time we tasted the new "storm" weather conditions. My question is:

DOES THIS MEDIOCRE PROGRAMMERS REALIZE THAT THIS GAME HAS TO BE FUN ?

Wasn't enough confusion before, with smoke, water particles, burning ships, etc ? Now it's a real nightmare to play, it can't be seen anything, it can't be understand anything, just a bunch of unclear pixels that makes me regret my Premium monthly payment and makes me think every day harder:

I WANT MY MONEY BACK.

I really like the snowstorm stuff.

[TENGO]
Players
303 posts
9,140 battles

Dunno what the problem is here?

The Conditions are actually fun to play in, you still see muzzleflashes and can aim properly. You can totally avoid it by sailing arround it. It's moving and greatly adds atmosphere.

Since it is not part of every battle i can not see how it is ruining everything, i played over 40 battles on two accounts over the weekend and had 1 occurence of the Effect on Hotspot.

Had a shittone of the other normal Hurricane, that was more annoying.... Though it gave me the oppurtunity to blab some Japanese Battleships very hard.

• Cool 1

Players
2,763 posts
12,483 battles
On 11/27/2018 at 8:22 AM, The_Reichtangle said:

Dunno what the problem is here?

The Conditions are actually fun to play in, you still see muzzleflashes and can aim properly. You can totally avoid it by sailing arround it. It's moving and greatly adds atmosphere.

Since it is not part of every battle i can not see how it is ruining everything, i played over 40 battles on two accounts over the weekend and had 1 occurence of the Effect on Hotspot.

Had a shittone of the other normal Hurricane, that was more annoying.... Though it gave me the oppurtunity to blab some Japanese Battleships very hard.

First off - I respect that your opinions on what constitutes "fun" to YOU are 100% valid. My opinions on "fun" are equally valid to me. :Smile_honoring:

"The Conditions are actually fun to play in..."     Not to me. I dislike two main things in any game: Hectic gameplay and a high degree of confusion (beyond the usual "Fog of War").

"You can totally avoid it by sailing arround it.."   And maybe miss most of the battle, unless the other team hates thunderstorms just as much. :Smile_teethhappy:

"....greatly adds atmosphere."   Not to me. It just adds confusion. It feels like yet another shift towards the "arcade feel" of the game.

"Since it is not part of every battle i can not see how it is ruining everything". Correct. It only ruins the battle in which it occurs. If this is infrequent then it is tolerable, in the same way as EPICENTER. If it becomes more frequent then it is time to look for another game.

The major problem that I have with weather is that as a (squishy) cruiser main I feel that it shifts the balance even more to other classes.

[WTFNO]
Players
171 posts
4,174 battles
On 11/27/2018 at 12:03 AM, Beaker71 said:

First game in a snow storm,  tier 10 + epicenter (I was tier 8). I mean who thought that was a good combination?

Same here a few days ago. That was actually quite interesting. And pretty :D

I admit I like these little variations (cyclone, snow, whatever) in random battles.

They don't happen too often and break the monotony (just like epicenter in fact :D)

Edit: I was in a DD. Maybe indeed these are harder for cruisers. Don't know if something could be done to alleviate that.

• Cool 2

[TENGO]
Players
303 posts
9,140 battles
5 minutes ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

First off - I respect that your opinions on what constitutes "fun" to YOU are 100% valid. My opinions on "fun" are equally valid to me. :Smile_honoring:

"The Conditions are actually fun to play in..."     Not to me. I dislike two main things in any game: Hectic gameplay and a high degree of confusion (beyond the usual "Fog of War").

"You can totally avoid it by sailing arround it.."   And maybe miss most of the battle, unless the other team hates thunderstorms just as much. :Smile_teethhappy:

"....greatly adds atmosphere."   Not to me. It just adds confusion. It feels like yet another shift towards the "arcade feel" of the game.

"Since it is not part of every battle i can not see how it is ruining everything". Correct. It only ruins the battle in which it occurs. If this is infrequent then it is tolerable, in the same way as EPICENTER. If it becomes more frequent then it is time to look for another game.

The major problem that I have with weather is that as a (squishy) cruiser main I feel that it shifts the balance even more to other classes.

I can see your point very well there.

I only had as stated one battle in that Conditions and that was in the Worcester (with the new wandering storm) i liked that it added atmosphere and that it changed your visibility down even more.

You can kind of sneak arround like a Ninja on the Map with a good concealment :)

I really need a bigger sample of the game to make any qualified other statements. But yeah if it is not your cup of tea i can understand clearly where you come from :)

• Cool 1

[SQRL]
Players
86 posts
10,310 battles
8 hours ago, AmiralPotato said:

Same here a few days ago. That was actually quite interesting. And pretty :D

I admit I like these little variations (cyclone, snow, whatever) in random battles.

They don't happen too often and break the monotony (just like epicenter in fact :D)

Edit: I was in a DD. Maybe indeed these are harder for cruisers. Don't know if something could be done to alleviate that.

I find all storms a major pain for a DD. Can't see anything, then you spot a radar cruiser, they see they are detected fire radar - and you're often dead - especially if it's a light cruiser. And if the concealment is even better (or worse depending how you look at it!) in snow - yikes. And if I'm playing a khaba - well it's even more difficult as you have a 0 concealment window, and should always be playing close to your max gun range - no fun at all for that ship.

Having said that - i do like the variation, and if i happen to be playing in my secondary build Bismarck it's great fun 

EDIT: Although just had another T10 snowstorm game with epicenter - this time the opposition BBs sat in the middle, with the rest of my team camped outside. But in a Kidd with 1 set of slow torps - no chance of shifting anything. If the opposition know's what to do, and your team doesn't - you have no chance.

Players
2,239 posts
6,228 battles

I LOVE the strorms!!! :Smile_great:

They really add some extra challenge to the game, the storms add immersion to the game and it adds an extra tactical factor to the game which preferences people who like to play smart (har har har).

[BUSHI]
Players
2,929 posts
15,717 battles

If anybody has a problem with storms, then unclear vision can be fixed easily by copying different space.ubersettings to /spaces/ directory.

[IRON7]
Players
335 posts
250 battles

waagh, waagh, waagh, Mommy, the big bad storm killed me, waagh, waagh, waagh