Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Migantium_Mashum

Twilight Battle.

25 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
824 posts
8,080 battles

2 Games out so far.

 

1st Game:

In Leviathan absolute nightmare because everyone separated from the outset and so they were easily picked off. We also had no Destroyers in the team..

Do not use HE on your ship if you play Leviathan as the damage is negligible and have manual fire control for secondaries in your skills because the secondaries do not cause much damage.

Enemy Cruisers all have powerful torpedoes and don't go into or beyond the flames... you die fast.

 

1714166121_Screenshot(551).thumb.png.1bb1b431edb7b00413d92fe13f0d20c4.png

 

2nd Game:

I came out in the DD. The DD is vital but you cannot engage early in the game as the enemy Cruisers all have significant radar and strong torpedoes.

Early in the game the DD is to spot only, ensure you tell your team that they must stay close together for mutual fire support.. they will all need it.

 

Once the Cruisers die, they must be your primary target, the DD can safely torpedo the enemy Battleships. The DD carries 10 torpedoes that are fast at 70 km and have 9.2 km range.

The enemy DD in my second game seemed to have lower concealment than I for even with my CE  I was detected by the last enemy DD (Last enemy ship) and could not see it..

Although the Ghoul is supposed to be based on the Benson it is not anything like the Benson I have in Port.

The screenshots may give the impression I did little in the game but without my spotting the enemy DD would have had a field day... at least every time I spotted him the allies gave him a real shellacking..

603409386_Screenshot(548).thumb.png.1659bde499ad4b6b71b736fdce462ee9.png

 

397070191_Screenshot(549).thumb.png.8180d8303c8fcdf90d8bd10575057068.png

 

Whatever you do do not go beyond the flame border. Do that, you die fast and I mean fast as you just haemorrhage HP....

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[VETS]
Players
16 posts
3,353 battles

Dunno if i am missing something or not, i hope so...

 

The idea is to play this map/game mode over an over until you win 50 times, then as a reward they give you a 19pt captain and a sweet lookin ship, but you can only use them to play  in this map/game mode,  and in the near future they will take them off you anyway ???

 

Is that right or have i misread something somewhere ? I mean I'm just too busy bustin' my butt doing the daily grind to collect multiple micro currencies to do that :Smile_facepalm:

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WASP_]
[WASP_]
Players
11 posts
13,941 battles

i am missing something too, not keen on this one think I will give this a miss :( too much of a grind 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,007 posts
16,762 battles
1 hour ago, Dyzasta said:

Dunno if i am missing something or not, i hope so...

 

The idea is to play this map/game mode over an over until you win 50 times, then as a reward they give you a 19pt captain and a sweet lookin ship, but you can only use them to play  in this map/game mode,  and in the near future they will take them off you anyway ???

 

Is that right or have i misread something somewhere ? I mean I'm just too busy bustin' my butt doing the daily grind to collect multiple micro currencies to do that :Smile_facepalm:

"With the release of Update 0.7.12, the ships and Commanders that can take part in Twilight Battles will be removed from your accounts. But if you like how they look, you can get similar special permanent camouflages from Halloween 2018 containers. These containers can be obtained for your actions within the game or alternatively purchased from the Premium Shop."

 

Yes, so you do not really get anything actually, just some fun. Better grind those currencies.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SQRL]
Players
86 posts
10,280 battles

Only given it a couple of games, but not impressed. The last game i'm a sole DD with 8km guns vs 4 cruisers with 15km radar. So that's something like a 4km window where I can get radar'd before i can spot the cruisers - thanks, but no thanks. I'll be skipping this grind!

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[I401]
Beta Tester
926 posts
7,678 battles

Its not a grind for an ultimate prize its a fun mode... Did you all complain that you havent got loot for the arms race mode as well?

 

And it yields decent xp/credits, you can farm some freexp/silver with the right flags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[I401]
Beta Tester
926 posts
7,678 battles

And as i heard the Rasputin is one of the weakest ship in this mode, its effectively a t4 BB against Zombismarck and a Tier12 Zao which can burn you for like 20k dmg/fire.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DREAD]
Players
346 posts

I wonder, will it be possible, to earn the captains of Ghoul, Scarab, Rasputin, Wargh, and of course Gorgon sometimes? They are amazing, and we got captains for the latest 4 camos.

 

Also, having the 7 protagonists would be great (including their submarine outfit).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
Players
3,809 posts
6,533 battles
8 hours ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

Leviathan

This is an NC. HE? Typical US low dmg high-ish fire chance. Secondaries? ahahahaha

 

8 hours ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

The DD

There are at least 3 different DDs - Benson, Kiev and Z. Nice that you're being specific here

 

8 hours ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

Ghoul is supposed to be based on the Benson it is not anything like the Benson I have in Port.

That's a Benson. Difference - Halloween consumables. Maybe gun range. That's about it

 

1 hour ago, josykay said:

wonder, will it be possible, to earn the captains of Ghoul, Scarab, Rasputin, Wargh, and of course Gorgon sometimes?

You already could through the Halloween containers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,653 posts
9,230 battles

I have to say, the NC's accuracy boost is the perfect demonstrator why BBs can't have too good accuracy.

I caught 3 ships broadside with it, 3 instant deletes. Including on 2 NCs.
Obscene(ly fun)

 

 

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PORT]
Modder
1,472 posts
10,739 battles

I like to play the DDs as scout and healer. Unfortunately you get no XP for that. :Smile_sad:

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
824 posts
8,080 battles
3 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

This is an NC. HE? Typical US low dmg high-ish fire chance. Secondaries? ahahahaha

 

There are at least 3 different DDs - Benson, Kiev and Z. Nice that you're being specific here

 

That's a Benson. Difference - Halloween consumables. Maybe gun range. That's about it

 

 

1. Okay, I watched people using HE in the Leviathan so gave heads up it is bad to do so. As I don't have the NC I guess I cannot compare.

2. The DD, I am only talking about Ghoul, screenshot is of Ghoul, I was assuming enemy DD was also Ghoul because I did not know there were more available... But thanks for the information about others that may be met.

3. No upgrades other than magazine upgrade.  97% Manoeuvrability (Positive) which cannot be increased by Sierra Mike... and the guns seem to fire all over the shot..  Torpedoes are more powerful and are fast. (Positive) So not comparable to Benson at all...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DREAD]
Players
346 posts
4 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

You already could through the Halloween containers

Only the new 4 if I remember correctly. Didn't get Captain quests for the Camos I got, which were both of last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
Players
3,809 posts
6,533 battles
35 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

3. No upgrades other than magazine upgrade.  97% Manoeuvrability (Positive) which cannot be increased by Sierra Mike... and the guns seem to fire all over the shot..  Torpedoes are more powerful and are fast. (Positive) So not comparable to Benson at all...

Afaik all these ships come with upgrades already mounted, something along the lines of "most popular in each slot" or whatever like that

 

Those ratings are irrelevant if you want anything more than to compare 2 identical ships - a Ghoul to a Ghoul, a Leviathan to a Leviathan. They don't do anything more than that.

Ghoul to a Benson should be somewhat possible, except for some differences introduced as part of the mode / to make Twilight battles faster and more action packed.

Not like they actually mean something, as a ship with lower rating may still be better at it than a ship with higher rating because reasons. Also there are cases where you reach 100 before actually going for max upgrades - for example some ships AA. Effectively you'd go past 100 in this way, even if 100 is max displayed

 

Accuracy - can be affected by your targets consumables. For example Razworm - I think that was the Kiev - has "Counter-Aiming System III" which makes your accuracy worse.

 

Torpedoes have the same range - 9.2km - and at least on PTS had the same 16 633 dmg. Their speed should be the same 55kts, but that may have been sped up to make the game faster

 

So as I said - exactly the same Benson just with Halloween consumables

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
824 posts
8,080 battles
6 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Afaik all these ships come with upgrades already mounted, something along the lines of "most popular in each slot" or whatever like that

 

Those ratings are irrelevant if you want anything more than to compare 2 identical ships - a Ghoul to a Ghoul, a Leviathan to a Leviathan. They don't do anything more than that.

Ghoul to a Benson should be somewhat possible, except for some differences introduced as part of the mode / to make Twilight battles faster and more action packed.

Not like they actually mean something, as a ship with lower rating may still be better at it than a ship with higher rating because reasons. Also there are cases where you reach 100 before actually going for max upgrades - for example some ships AA. Effectively you'd go past 100 in this way, even if 100 is max displayed

 

Accuracy - can be affected by your targets consumables. For example Razworm - I think that was the Kiev - has "Counter-Aiming System III" which makes your accuracy worse.

 

Torpedoes have the same range - 9.2km - and at least on PTS had the same 16 633 dmg. Their speed should be the same 55kts, but that may have been sped up to make the game faster

 

So as I said - exactly the same Benson just with Halloween consumables

Torpedo speed of the Ghoul is 70 knots.. and they only hit for 11600 maximum damage, I also have my reload down to 63 seconds with a good 1.1 detectability....

As I was facing a Ghoul myself, which was the last enemy ship, I should not have been detected before my adversary and yet I was and the accuracy should not have been as bad as it was. Obviously, the arguement could be lag or some other cause.. but didn't seem to have any issues.

 

How do you get the other DD's then?

 

1985478074_Screenshot(554).thumb.png.6a8bda71339c3d9654a0943c56e8a822.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
Players
3,809 posts
6,533 battles
29 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

Torpedo speed of the Ghoul is 70 knots..

Sped up as predicted

 

29 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

they only hit for 11600 maximum damage, I also have my reload down to 63 seconds with a good 1.1 detectability....

That's stock Benson torps (Mk15 Mod 0 not Mod 3), altho the reload seems sped up aswell (again - quicker, more action packed games)

 

32 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

As I was facing a Ghoul myself

You said you thought it must be another Ghoul but you weren't sure.

And you probably didn't, afaik Z (Steel Rat) can outspot you, it has that smoke-ish thingy - no idea how exactly it works tho

 

34 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

How do you get the other DD's then?

Haven't updated so not sure just yet. On PTS you just had to play a game or something like that. Basically check your missions

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
824 posts
8,080 battles
8 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

You said you thought it must be another Ghoul but you weren't sure.

And you probably didn't, afaik Z (Steel Rat) can outspot you, it has that smoke-ish thingy - no idea how exactly it works tho

 

Double checked SS and it was a Ghoul.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ASEET]
Players
216 posts
6,627 battles
6 hours ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

Torpedo speed of the Ghoul is 70 knots.. and they only hit for 11600 maximum damage, I also have my reload down to 63 seconds with a good 1.1 detectability....

As I was facing a Ghoul myself, which was the last enemy ship, I should not have been detected before my adversary and yet I was and the accuracy should not have been as bad as it was. Obviously, the arguement could be lag or some other cause.. but didn't seem to have any issues.

 

How do you get the other DD's then?

 

1985478074_Screenshot(554).thumb.png.6a8bda71339c3d9654a0943c56e8a822.png

The repair on Ghoul reduces the detection range by 50%

 

AcuWC6E.jpg

 

6 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Sped up as predicted

 

That's stock Benson torps (Mk15 Mod 0 not Mod 3), altho the reload seems sped up aswell (again - quicker, more action packed games)

 

You said you thought it must be another Ghoul but you weren't sure.

And you probably didn't, afaik Z (Steel Rat) can outspot you, it has that smoke-ish thingy - no idea how exactly it works tho

 

Haven't updated so not sure just yet. On PTS you just had to play a game or something like that. Basically check your missions

 

From the event news:

Below are the ships you can acquire through a series of Combat Missions, available from November 30:

  • Destroyer Razorworm (prototype: Kiev) becomes available after you win five battles with Ghoul.
  • Cruiser Scarab (prototype: Charles Martel) becomes available after you win five battles with Octopus.
  • Battleship Varg (prototype: Bismarck) becomes available after you win five battles with Leviathan.
  • Destroyer Steel Rat (prototype: Z-23) becomes available after you win 15 Twilight Battles.

Issued for completing a Combat Mission that will be available just once:

Battleship Rasputin, designed on the basis of Nikolai I, becomes available after you secure 50 wins in Twilight Battles. Those who have acquired the 24 Black Friday containers bundle can enter battle on the ship of the archenemy of the Forces of Light, straight away.

 

Thus I'm quite sure Migantium_Mashum was against a Ghoul who just happened to be using the heal.

 

In the final stages of the battle I see this as a very viable tactic if you have heals to spare.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
92 posts
7,929 battles

I played two battles as a DD. Hard to say anything but it looks like it is even more depending on team mates than randoms.

I was radared very often but nobody shoot at me. First lost, second won. 100k damage in both. Worth playing? I am not convinced about that.

Did it look similar in your cases, that DD's have been ignored?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
824 posts
8,080 battles
1 hour ago, Gleb_Reawer said:

The repair on Ghoul reduces the detection range by 50%

 

AcuWC6E.jpg

 

 

From the event news:

Below are the ships you can acquire through a series of Combat Missions, available from November 30:

  • Destroyer Razorworm (prototype: Kiev) becomes available after you win five battles with Ghoul.
  • Cruiser Scarab (prototype: Charles Martel) becomes available after you win five battles with Octopus.
  • Battleship Varg (prototype: Bismarck) becomes available after you win five battles with Leviathan.
  • Destroyer Steel Rat (prototype: Z-23) becomes available after you win 15 Twilight Battles.

Issued for completing a Combat Mission that will be available just once:

Battleship Rasputin, designed on the basis of Nikolai I, becomes available after you secure 50 wins in Twilight Battles. Those who have acquired the 24 Black Friday containers bundle can enter battle on the ship of the archenemy of the Forces of Light, straight away.

 

Thus I'm quite sure Migantium_Mashum was against a Ghoul who just happened to be using the heal.

 

In the final stages of the battle I see this as a very viable tactic if you have heals to spare.

Thank you very much, makes perfect sense now...

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[EST]
[EST]
Beta Tester
8 posts
2,872 battles

Varg in this mode is pretty bad.  10km gun range and your spotted from 14 km. Its heal is only good when going ham and its has to rely on its secondary guns for dmg up close. The NC will eat you allive after your shield is gone and if not you have to catch up untill your in range with your guns. 

The bismark is a nice ship but ugh.. 10 km main battery range and shotgun mode accuracy.  NOPE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×