You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Silentraz

Idea how to waste less time in collecting containers

20 comments in this topic

[HOB]
Players
1,117 posts
5,136 battles

Waterlines etc are talking about spare time when opening containers (all in single click), but there is still problem with collecting them.

I think most of players are choosing one type everytime, or few of types proportionally, so for most players this improvment should be helpful.

Now every container takes about 10-20 seconds for totally useless animations, so multiplied by 1-3 per day gives 1-6 hours per year. For useless animations.
Additionally there is next spared time for entering into container screen.

image.png.dc7668fe75b1de201e003f5980da2d20.png

Of course it is a draft :cap_wander:

Idea: Add possibility to set type of daily container.

If player choose "More..." or "TYL", he will not choosing type of container after earning XP, but this type will be automatically added, without worthless animations (like pumpkins)

Last option is simpy traditional way - after collecting enough XP, player chooses a type and it has no influence for next.

Option will be available from container screen and player may change type of daily container at any moment.

Default option will be of course traditional way.

• Cool 6

[-AP-]
Players
539 posts
2,470 battles

Just remove the animations altogether and fix this games worthless ui honestly.

I mean seriously, the only way that i can think of to make such an unresponsive ui, is to have both the ui and all of the functional code run synchronously on the same thread, i mean seriously, the very first thing that you learn about any sort programming on this scale is: Either put the ui and functional code on different threads, or make them run asynchronously on the same thread.

/rant over

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
1,900 posts
21,615 battles

The only thing is the Supercontainer RNG which somehow has to be programmed in the code for each container regardless if you have 1-3.

[HOB]
Players
1,117 posts
5,136 battles
6 hours ago, Captain_KriegWurst said:

But then I would miss out on screens like this one (Which is obviously a health and safety nightmare, but moderately amusing). 

When last option checked, you have old way - choose container, wait for animations and hunt for bugs.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,656 posts
9,231 battles

WG put the animation because studies have shown that the anticipation is more conductive to repeated attempts than instant results. 

Like how video slot machines still take the time to virtually spin the slots, rather than giving you the result instantly. 

It's a psychological way to tempt you into feeding the machine more quarters. 

In wows' case, buying more loot boxes 

• Cool 2

[_XII_]
Players
318 posts
2,470 battles

I don't know. In WOWp they don't have animations for opening krats (so far I can remember or the last time I have played). And I have to say it's a little bit disappointing.  It robes you from the wondering 'what did I get this time'.  It's NO fun.

And if I have to choose between the 2 I pick WOWs approach each time. I actual would ask WOWp to take over the system from WOWs. It's better. :cap_like:

Also, if you don't count the special krats you only can have 3 krats each day. And is 3 time 10 secondes such a big deal? Even with free premium krats it's like 5 - 6  krats a day? Form me it's more a problem for people that buy to many krats. It's a rich man problem. :cap_popcorn:

[HOB]
Players
1,117 posts
5,136 battles
1 hour ago, FooFaFie said:

It robes you from the wondering 'what did I get this time'.  It's NO fun.

So stay in old option. It is still possible.

Anyway it will be enough of waiting in some of battles (battle is going to be 100% won, but enemy alive on other side of map.

1 hour ago, FooFaFie said:

And is 3 time 10 secondes such a big deal

Increased by entering into container menu, lags and bugs

[JRM]
Players
825 posts
12,822 battles

Somehow I just cant see this as an issue, would bring up some of the usual "idle" methaphores but they dont really apply here since you could hardly say that ui dev departement doesnt gave any other issues (bugs) to adress and hence should be idle... :cap_old:

[TS1]
Players
503 posts
7,354 battles

The option for a default container would also help when you forget or don't have time to choose your containers for the day. Since now it will pick one at random (correct me if I'm wrong about this. And it doesn't pick TYL) at the end of the day if you haven't picked yet.

[W-C]
Players
371 posts
1,636 battles
10 minutes ago, Runegrem said:

he option for a default container would also help when you forget or don't have time to choose your containers for the day. Since now it will pick one at random (correct me if I'm wrong about this. And it doesn't pick TYL) at the end of the day if you haven't picked yet.

That would be good - I'm always picking more resources. So annoying when a combination of being in a rush to get the click-fest over with and the UI lags and you pick 'more credits' by mistake:fish_palm:

[HOB]
Players
1,117 posts
5,136 battles
3 hours ago, Runegrem said:

The option for a default container would also help when you forget or don't have time to choose your containers for the day. Since now it will pick one at random (correct me if I'm wrong about this. And it doesn't pick TYL) at the end of the day if you haven't picked yet.

From definition - not collected container will be random type, but no TYL. Supercontainer is of course possible (with chance of "more..." container)

[SM0KE]
Players
1,882 posts
5,344 battles

The current arrangement doesn't upset me excessively, but I would be very keen to be able to set a default crate type that you would get if you happen to forget to select your crates (or are playing during the crate reset time, and have a crate uncollected, due to starting another battle - that may only be a common problem for idiots in The Colonies playing on the 'wrong' server though).

So, basically, if you mess up, you get the crate you want, rather than whatever thing the current logic hands out.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,928 posts
8,294 battles

Hi all,

Some info about new ways to open containers:

Leo "Apollo11"

[TS1]
Players
503 posts
7,354 battles
37 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Sorry for being lazy, but I don't feel like watching that right now. Is it possible you could give some tl:dw on that?

[HOB]
Players
1,117 posts
5,136 battles
49 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

I told at start:

Waterlines etc are talking about spare time when opening containers (all in single click), but there is still problem with collecting them.

So well that they see problem in opening containers (about half of time wasted in useless process). Fine that they see this problem and want to resolve this.

But there is no info about collecting, which is taking a lot of time too.
So I started this topic.

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,650 posts
6,886 battles

Yep I'd be right behind this.  Let me set my choice of crate and open them automatically.  I'm playing World of Warships not Dockhand Simulator.

Perhaps in the happy occasion of an SC popping up it would allow you to go through the animation for the anticipation.

Also, say it is the last battle of the evening and I die early and quit, the container gets collected for me.... But they always choose the credits and consumables one.  I should be able to set the default for my account.  That would be flags and camos even though I just want the flags.

• Cool 1

[HOB]
Players
1,117 posts
5,136 battles
Just now, Hedgehog1963 said:

I'm playing World of Warships not Dockhand Simulator. 

:Smile_medal: