You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ItachiZero

unfair pink?

11 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
189 posts
7,695 battles

well I every now and then gets kicked out of the server

this time as well but this time I get rewarded with being pink. is there something I can do to gett this rewoked?

just kicked out before I even could see the loading screen.

shot-18.11.21_20.53.01-0169.jpg

unknown.png

[4_0_4]
Players
3,985 posts
10,481 battles

I don't think so. This new system doesn't care if you are AFK or got disconnected. I believe it just checks if your ship moved a certain threshold. If you don't and it happens a few times, you get the pink color.

I doubt the support or anyone else from WG will rewoke this.

[ADRIA]
Players
3,796 posts
6,526 battles

Were you AFK (regardless of intentioanlly or no)?

• Yes - you are now pink for 3 games, stop whining
  • No - you wouldn't have became pink for AFKing

Really simple, and nothing unfair about it

Also that kicking out part sounds like your internet dropping

[ALYEN]
Players
619 posts
2,205 battles
11 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Being punished for something that is not your fault is so enjoyable. You must be a really special person if you think that is ok ....

[ETD5]
Players
233 posts
1,503 battles

@ItachiZero does this happen very often? If yes, always around the same hour? (f.e. allways between 16:00 and 17:00) if it's also afirmative, start monitoring your net, and also try to contact your ISP provider as could be a network overload issue. If not, then check your pc network adapter, your router, if you use Wifi, change to wire directly to the router...

Also, if you haven't reinstalled from scratch WoWs then do it to have a clean one and also do the same with the OS if you didn't do that in the last 5 years, for example.

I get that getting pink because a disconection that is not directly your fault is anoying, but wargaming cannot now the real reason of why you went AFK.

[POP]
Beta Tester
24 posts
5,624 battles
2 hours ago, Vlad_Vado said:

I get that getting pink because a disconection that is not directly your fault is anoying, but wargaming cannot now the real reason of why you went AFK.

Actually they can, and so can anyone, at least when game disconnects before loading into match. If turrets don't turn and point forward and backwards (if both kinds of turrets), it's disconnect. If turrets turn pointing forward it's AFK. At least it used to be that way, don't know if it's still. Besides, game should be able to ping client to know if it's disconnected and not AFK.

[ETD5]
Players
233 posts
1,503 battles
1 minute ago, MixuS said:

Actually they can, and so can anyone, at least when game disconnects before loading into match. If turrets don't turn and point forward and backwards (if both kinds of turrets), it's disconnect. If turrets turn pointing forward it's AFK. At least it used to be that way, don't know if it's still. Besides, game should be able to ping client to know if it's disconnected and not AFK.

Disconnections can happen by different reasons:

• Net issues because of ISP. They cannot know that.
  • PC crashes or shoots down. They cannot know that.
  • Game crashes. The can know if the proper crash report is generated. Don't know if it's automatically collected or you need to send it to them and then they can revoke the pink status.
  • User closes the game.

So usually WG doesn't know why someone disconnects, the penalty sistem proceeds to apply the pink status.

[ADRIA]
Players
3,796 posts
6,526 battles
6 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

Being punished

But he's not punished. He's warned. Orange is punishment, not pink.

6 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

something that is not your fault

And how exactly should the game know if it is your fault or no? As I said - it's as simple as "Were you AFK? Yes? There we go"

2 hours ago, MixuS said:

it's disconnect

DC'd = still not playing, just like an AFK.

Your ship is in battle but is not being played, that's exactly what they are looking for

Beta Tester
189 posts
7,695 battles
On 11/22/2018 at 11:01 AM, Vlad_Vado said:

@ItachiZero does this happen very often? If yes, always around the same hour? (f.e. allways between 16:00 and 17:00) if it's also afirmative, start monitoring your net, and also try to contact your ISP provider as could be a network overload issue. If not, then check your pc network adapter, your router, if you use Wifi, change to wire directly to the router...

Also, if you haven't reinstalled from scratch WoWs then do it to have a clean one and also do the same with the OS if you didn't do that in the last 5 years, for example.

it is the first time it happens in alittle while but it never happend at the same time. and I got another penlty this time for trying to play the game and experiencing the same problem again

Beta Tester
189 posts
7,695 battles
On 11/21/2018 at 10:48 PM, wilkatis_LV said:

I would say its unfair because it happens me once and it wasnt on purpose. and again It just did. and lastly it seems like one of the old patches was the issue. in the end. so reinstall is the only option

[ADRIA]
Players
3,796 posts
6,526 battles
5 hours ago, ItachiZero said:

it wasnt on purpose.

Irrelevant.

You were AFK = you got the warning for it.

How exactly do you expect the game to know that it wasn't "on purpose"?