Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Beaker71

Hiding missions in release notes

16 comments in this topic

[SQRL]
Players
86 posts
10,278 battles

I was just watching flambass on twitch and saw him playing with overchkin captain. Ok - i'm an idiot for missing it, but why on earth were the ovechkin missions not available unless you clicked on a link from the release notes. Can only assume he'll turn up as a commander in the premium shop at some point - and this is why it was buried.

I mean what comes next - 1000 doubloons to anybody that gets to the bottom of the next set of updated terms & conditions?

• Cool 1

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,002 posts
16,728 battles

Visit forum more often. Overjerkkin was a celebrity here at some point.

• Cool 2

Players
3,094 posts
5,418 battles
2 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

I mean what comes next - 1000 doubloons to anybody that gets to the bottom of the next set of updated terms & conditions?

It was 2000 dubloons. oh wait - you missed that one too?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 9

[DSW]
Players
3,707 posts
7,537 battles

Ok - i'm an idiot for missing it

well, at least your recognize the problem...

but why on earth were the ovechkin missions not available unless you clicked on a link from the release notes

there were multiple separate news articles about the whole thing, most of which even got bumped a few times. so, in conclusion, see above...

• Cool 2

[SQRL]
Players
86 posts
10,278 battles
3 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

well, at least your recognize the problem...

there were multiple separate news articles about the whole thing, most of which even got bumped a few times. so, in conclusion, see above...

Bumped if you happen to be in the forums regularly, and looking in the right forum. And what % of WOWS players visit the forum, or properly read the release notes? Lots of people missing out.

[SQRL]
Players
86 posts
10,278 battles
7 minutes ago, Srle_Vigilante said:

You gonna tell me that you missed the Free Graf Spee as well? :Smile_ohmy:

Nah,  got that one - and I certainly don't remember having to click on link to activate it - although happy to be proven wrong. 

[PUPSI]
Players
6,147 posts
Vor 2 Minuten, Beaker71 sagte:

or properly read the release notes?

this should be mandatory! And imho every special/discount/event/whatever should be this way, that you have to activate it...

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
831 posts
4,434 battles

Yeah you are absolutely right..

They just recently started doing this click to participate thing. And i genuinely can't figure out why? Maybe because of those some that don't want that kind of content in their game? It used to be a big fuss for some people when ARP was a thing, because "curse those damn weeaboos and their degenerate ideas."

• Funny 2

[BFS]
Beta Tester
794 posts
4,700 battles

There have been a number of bonus codes available in the last few months - Steam containers, premium for 24 hours and flags and other consumables.

Most of these have been posted here in the forum sometimes along with a link to the original news item.

[_XII_]
Players
314 posts
2,463 battles

Maybe less wanted. But didn't you have those patches? You had to click on things to get them too. Could be wrong. I click on so many things. 

24f5719c-c24e-11e8-a864-ac162d8bc1e4_33024f455fa-c24e-11e8-9741-ac162d8bc1e4_330

[H_FAN]
Players
1,900 posts
21,538 battles
15 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Bumped if you happen to be in the forums regularly, and looking in the right forum. And what % of WOWS players visit the forum, or properly read the release notes? Lots of people missing out.

Yes, but should you be a part of the passive, lazy players that do not bother glancing a few seconds on the news, I watch news every day, if there is something, watching the forums if there is codes etc.

Lots of small free stuff you miss. You must decide if you want to pay the prize to miss this or be part of the active group. WG has decided that activity should be rewarded.

I will not flame you or anything, just make up your mind which group of players you will belong to in the future as WG will hardly change their stance.

I have certainly missed things in the past, especially the first year of play GNB f.e. I noticed after 2 weeks to my horror and paid my lesson then. 

[SQRL]
Players
86 posts
10,278 battles
3 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

Yes, but should you be a part of the passive, lazy players that do not bother glancing a few seconds on the news,

Well, i guess that's me then. 

I enjoy playing the game, I've played 10k battles - i'd just expect to see these sorts of notifications "in game", but perhaps i should go and play Tetris, as has been suggested so often in chat.

• Funny 1

[H_FAN]
Players
1,900 posts
21,538 battles
14 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Well, i guess that's me then. 

I enjoy playing the game, I've played 10k battles - i'd just expect to see these sorts of notifications "in game", but perhaps i should go and play Tetris, as has been suggested so often in chat.

Yes, you have news in game also now. Sure WG can do better - but they will not. It is the same with spreading stuff on Facebook , reddit etc instead of writing here, in their own forum. No play WOWS, I just think that it is not so much effort in reading the news now and then and there are some interesting articles also.

[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Players
1,906 posts
25,200 battles
1 hour ago, Beaker71 said:

I mean what comes next

I guess you missed the Missouri giveaway this morning? 

• Funny 1

[SM0KE]
Players
1,861 posts
5,303 battles
1 hour ago, Beaker71 said:

i'd just expect to see these sorts of notifications "in game"

As I recall, the 'hockey chappie' missions were advertised in game - it was covered in a least one of the news stories.

I do agree that the 'click to participate' thing is a pain though; too easy to miss stuff, unless one lives on the forum...

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this