You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
22cm

What the flak, / Now I m black? - Black containers, black ships in shop already

55 comments in this topic

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
3,987 posts
16,618 battles

Black Friday

Black Friday containers are coming to the game! They can bring you one of the following items:

bbeb5cf0-ecbb-11e8-a339-38eaa735f4cc_330
  • Tirpitz B
  • Atago B
  • Asashio B
  • Massachusetts B
  • 2x "Type 59" camo
  • 250 doubloons
  • 1 day of Premium Account time
  • 5,000 Free XP
  • 4x "Shadow Lurker" camo

The Premium Shop will offer Black Friday Premium Containers with the following loot options:

bbf6b244-ecbb-11e8-9c61-38eaa735f4cc_330
  • Tirpitz B
  • Atago B
  • Asashio B
  • Massachusetts B
  • 10x "Type 59" camo
  • 1,250 doubloons
  • 14 days of Premium Account time
  • 35,000 Free XP
  • 20x "Shadow Lurker" camo

The following four ships were added: Tirpitz B, Atago B, Asashio B, and Massachusetts B. The ships can be distinguished by the color schemes of their permanent camo, and are completely identical to the "original" ships in terms of combat characteristics;

(FlaK = FliegerabwehrKanone, "aircraft defence cannon")

:Smile_popcorn:

Beta Tester
3,738 posts
13,193 battles
1 hour ago, fallenkezef said:

Nothing British so not fussed, shame, I'd probably pay for a Black Hood

Yeah, better a black one than a red one... because of the big, bad wolf...

On a hot summer night
Would you offer your money to the wolf with the black boxes?
Will he offer me his mouth?
Yes
Will he offer me his teeth?
Yes
Will he offer me his jaws?
Yes
Will he offer me his hunger?
Yes
Again, will he offer me his hunger?
Yes!
And will he starve without me?
Yes!
And does he love me?
Yes
Yes
On a hot summer night
Would you offer your money to the wolf with the black boxes?
Yes
I bet you say that to all the boys...

(slightly changed from the original)
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[HAERT]
Players
2,087 posts

2 ships in the containers that I haven't got, 1 is a DD that I consider a really bad joke and the other is a BB I don't care if I have or not. 

Wallet firmly closed.

[WCWVE]
Players
722 posts
11,251 battles

I am hoping that in the ordinary containers, I will be lucky and get all of the ships, (I know I already have them) but being able to play and win with the same ship twice in a day and still get the winners bonus would be really nice 

• Cool 2

Players
571 posts

Are they offering Blackbeard as a captain?

Whose unique skill will be to Ed Teach the crew?:Smile_bajan2:

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,137 posts
3,960 battles
9 hours ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

I am hoping that in the ordinary containers, I will be lucky and get all of the ships, (I know I already have them) but being able to play and win with the same ship twice in a day and still get the winners bonus would be really nice 

Do you really think the droprate will be set in such way it would be probable to get all the ships from free containers?

Fingers crossed mate, but that would be a huge fail on the WG marketing department's side.

[-MM]
Beta Tester
1,180 posts
1,384 battles

Mentioned it in the other thread but the 'best' version of these sort of containers seen so far were last Xmas's WOT boxes.

Those with the Hype-59 chance in.  Now those containers generally contained a high gold/premium time value compared to their purchase price, they also contained decorations to short cut the decorations levels (which basically meant you were getting bonus premium time in game) and they had a chance to get various premium tanks (a few tier 4s and several tier 8s).  

They weren't much of gamble because you generally got a lot more in gold/premium time than you would buying those things normally, so there was not much gamble for people who generally bought/gold premium time. Even if I had not got any premium tanks, I ended up with enough gold and premium time that lasted me a good 6 plus months of not buying anything in WOTs.

These boxes however I have issues with several elements that impact their 'value' -

1. Duplicate ships, not many people are going to want a 2nd Atago or 2nd Tirpitz, so if you have some of these ships already in their normal form, you are risking getting a rather pointless duplicate rather than the doubloons value.  I might be tempted to buy a few boxes to get a cheaper Mas or Asashio but not to get another Tirpitz I already own.

2. 35k free XP probably has less value than it used to be considering how easy it is to farm free XP with all the flags, I can make that in 3-4 average Missouri games. Plus with the free XP ships being removed with less seemingly coming in to replace them, the overall value of free XP goes down as well.

3. Similar with the camos, I have thousands of camos, the game throws camos at you that paying for them seems a waste of money.

If the minimum in the boxes was 1250 doubloons or 14 days premium time you are at least getting decent value, (depending on their box price obviously but basing in on the premium haloween containers you should get good value) but things so easily picked up in game? Not so much value there. 

And then to get a premium ship from one of them to only find that you got a 'black' duplicate of a ship you already have. 

• Cool 1

[W-C]
Players
361 posts
1,567 battles

Anyone know how these 'free' black containers drop? Do they just replace the regular XP containers or are they awarded for (unannounced!?) missions? Apart from the 3 that you get in the daily shipments i mean...

[JRM]
Players
795 posts
12,670 battles

I might buy few crates just to try my luck but maybe not even that xmas boxes seem to be the wtg at least if history taught us anything

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
3,987 posts
16,618 battles
1 hour ago, Blixies said:

Do you really think the droprate will be set in such way it would be probable to get all the ships from free containers?

Fingers crossed mate, but that would be a huge fail on the WG marketing department's side.

Lol. Yes, consider just what the ship droprate for the last containers were (French BBs, UK DDs), very low even for paid containers. 

[ONE2]
Players
2,351 posts
13,786 battles

Well, so no Printz Eugen B (nope, do not have the original yet either)? :Smile_amazed: In that case I'll skip the bit, also not really keen to buy Atago the 2nd time... Lessee, what else they might have to offer then.:Smile_bajan2:

Players
3,692 posts
7,518 battles
5 hours ago, Lin3 said:

Are they offering Blackbeard as a captain?

Whose unique skill will be to Ed Teach the crew?:Smile_bajan2:

to be fair, assuming he gets a better voiceover than the standard Pirate one, I'd buy the hell out of that...

• Cool 2

Players
5,308 posts
8,141 battles

Kinda tempted by the Massa, cause I want her for quite some time now...and not as expensive as expected. Still too expensive for a t8.

Will invest that money in the steel campaign :Smile_hiding:

Beta Tester
2,144 posts
8,307 battles
18 hours ago, 22cm said:

(FlaK = FliegerabwehrKanone, "aircraft defence cannon")

acutally it is "Flugabwehrkanone", but it basically means the same.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
1,822 posts
5,278 battles
14 hours ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

This, for me, is the key reason the black ships are vaguely worthwhile, even if you have the vanilla version(s) - double daily win bonus.

Exactly how worthwhile though will vary hugely, player to player, and also with how many containers you had to buy to get the things.

I'm a little surprised that they haven't followed the WOT model i.e. put the things on sale; normal price of the vanilla version, unless you have said vanilla one already, in which case you get the black one for half price.

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
3,987 posts
16,618 battles
1 hour ago, Verblonde said:

Exactly how worthwhile though will vary hugely, player to player, and also with how many containers you had to buy to get the things.

I'm a little surprised that they haven't followed the WOT model i.e. put the things on sale; normal price of the vanilla version, unless you have said vanilla one already, in which case you get the black one for half price.

It is still not known if you can buy the ships directly. Because containers are a trap.

• Cool 1

[_XII_]
Players
310 posts
2,458 battles
1 hour ago, Verblonde said:

November 22 – 26: In-Game Discounts and Bonuses

From November 22, 6:00 CET (UTC+1) to November 26, 6:00 CET (UTC+1), don't miss this opportunity to save doubloons and credits when purchasing Premium ships, slots, and consumables!

• You can convert Elite Commander XP into Free XP at the cost of 1 doubloon for 25 35 Elite Commander XP;
  • –50% to the cost of Port slots in doubloons;
  • –60% to the cost of consumables in credits;
  • –50% to the cost of modernizations in credits;
  • –50% to the cost of Equal Speed Charlie London, India Bravo Terrathree, Zulu, Papa Papa, and Zulu Hotel signals in doubloons;
  • –60% to the cost of "Type 1", "Type 2", "Type 5", "Type 6", and "Type 59" camouflage patterns in credits and doubloons;
  • –50% to the cost of US researchable Tier II–V ships in credits;
  • –30% to the cost of US researchable Tier VI–VII ships in credits;
  • –15% to the cost of US researchable Tier VIII–X ships in credits;
  • –50% to the cost of US Tier V battleship Texas in doubloons;
  • –30% to the cost of US Tier VII destroyer Sims and Tier VII cruiser Indianapolis in doubloons;
  • –15% to the cost of US Tier VIII destroyer Kidd and Tier VIII battleship Alabama in doubloons.
  • Cool 1

[_XII_]
Players
310 posts
2,458 battles
8 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

@FooFaFie - I don't understand the relevance? What does that have to do with the black ships?

Because this is the actual Black Friday sale.