You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Halloween: Twilight Battle! - Discussion Thread

16 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
81 posts
3,841 battles

putting radar in a game mode where the walls are closing in!? what the f were you thinking?

this is the utter and most odious game mode in WoWs

[COSTS]
Players
17 posts
1,105 battles

Yes, the ubiquitous radar on the cruisers must have been the underlying reason the destroyers have no smoke . . . what would be the point? :Smile_facepalm:

[-AP-]
Players
539 posts
2,470 battles

If i place a load of upgrades on these ships, will i get back the full price for them after the event? Also is there any actual reward for playing this mode, other than the tiny credit potential of tier 7? Cause otherwise its very underwhelming

• Bad 1

[SWN]
Players
8 posts
5,097 battles

I like the game mode, its something new and fun to explore new tactics. 

Allready laughed my [edited]off when a ghoul with its indestructible speed boost consumable rammed a levathian and lived because of it. 

I can definitely see some future stuff beeing tested here.

-New game mode, the shrinking ring idea is great in my opinion

-New consumables that are a bit out there, but i can definitely see some new ship classes that focus on support coming from this. Together with submarines there could be corvettes or frigates in the game with the  objective to hunt subs and provide support to other vessels with their consumables. 

So thumbs from me for this game mode!

Players
49 posts

Yup, radar is such a terrible thing. But the good thing is, the radar owners usually don't live through the first 3-4 minutes. They 1) push forward, 2) get spotted, 3) turn back (giving juicy broadside), 4) get deleted with one salvo.
Problem with radar - solved.

I'm wondering how much time will the cruiser dudes need in order to grasp, that they have to use their great range and stay 15 km away from the nearest Leviathan. Or at least they should go for cover and not just turn back in front of Leviathan's guns...

[ANV]
Players
1 post
3,483 battles

Only half the ships are available for this? Dont see Razerworm, Varg, Scarab or steel rat. What gives? :S

Edit: Ah, read the patch notes - Ships coming with missions attached on 30th Nov. :etc_swear:

[-KM-]
[-KM-]
Players
356 posts
9,009 battles

Are there any special bonuses for playing the event? I mean when i rape the bots in the scenario battle, i get dubloons and premium time but here i get only XP?

[BUBS]
Players
20 posts
8,744 battles

What happens to all the XP if you don't have the Soviet Orlan??

Players
1,398 posts
14,414 battles

This mode is a lot of fun, all three ships are powerful. I see me playing this quite a bit to have some change from randoms.

[T-W-D]
Beta Tester
32 posts
9,789 battles

Its an interesting game mode but unfortunately I find the  burning background much too bright and I cant see the ships properly

Players
2 posts
2,646 battles

Hm, I have won 15 twillight battles won (according mission Rasputin stats), at least 10 on Octopus, so where is promised  Scarab?

Maybe it should be 5 consecutive battles won in 1 session? ;)