All_up_in_ur_grille

Commander XP/Accelerated crew training on Elited ships

7 comments in this topic

Question

Players
4 posts
689 battles

Hey,

Noob question here, in WoT when you unlock all modules on a tank there is a checkbox you can tick (Accelerated crew training) to send combat XP to your crew for every future battle played which trains them up quicker. Same in WoWp.

I've moved my 7 point commander from the Iron Duke to the Queen Elizabeth, but want to keep my elited Iron Duke with a new commander (purchased with credits so 1 skill point). I've played one battle with the new Iron Duke commander and the combat XP went to the ship rather than the commander, is there a checkbox somewhere to change this or do elited ships simply amass XP?

6 answers to this question

[TK1]
WoWs Wiki Team
511 posts
8,113 battles
2 minutes ago, All_up_in_ur_grille said:

Hey,

Noob question here, in WoT when you unlock all modules on a tank there is a checkbox you can tick (Accelerated crew training) to send combat XP to your crew for every future battle played which trains them up quicker. Same in WoWp.

I've moved my 7 point commander from the Iron Duke to the Queen Elizabeth, but want to keep my elited Iron Duke with a new commander (purchased with credits so 1 skill point). I've played one battle with the new Iron Duke commander and the combat XP went to the ship rather than the commander, is there a checkbox somewhere to change this or do elited ships simply amass XP?

System in Warships works a bit different. Captains can be trained up to 19 Skill-Points while gaining Captains-XP - when they reach 19 each additional XP is put into a pool called "Elite-XP" which can be used to (re-)train other commanders.

Elite-Status is just granted to the ship itself, not to it's Captain. You can always put a Captain to a Premium-Ship without the need to train him on that ship for full access to it's perk. But if you move an untrained-captain to a silver-ship he first has to "learn" how to handle the ship and his perks are reduced in strength - you can use Elite-XP to boost this, though.

• Cool 1

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,458 posts

In WoWs all XP the ship gains, the captain already gains it too. There are camos and signals to boost the XP the captain gets on top of that.

Everything else has already been mentioned by @Wizard27_1979

Players
4 posts
689 battles

Thanks for the quick replies folks

Well this seems pretty cheesy, I guess the idea is to push players towards converting ship XP with Dubloons and to buy premium ships as crew trainers rather than using lower & mid tiers of the tech tree

- Wizard: Yeah, i've seen the Elite Commander XP and used some that I got from the missions system on my QE commander, guess it'll be a while till I get a 19 point commander to get any more

- Egoleter: Thats the minimum i'd expect really, was hoping there was a checkbox hidden away to boost the commanders XP (even at just a percentage of the combat XP value)

[HAMI]
Players
463 posts
15,844 battles
On 11/21/2018 at 4:46 PM, All_up_in_ur_grille said:

Well this seems pretty cheesy, I guess the idea is to push players towards converting ship XP with Dubloons and to buy premium ships as crew trainers rather than using lower & mid tiers of the tech tree

I'm not gonna argue against the conversion-part, but please do rething the 2nd part of your statement:

If you could get extra commander exp on an elite ship that would make premium ships more valuable as a captain trainer by the same amount or more than a same-tier silver ship since they have the elite-status by default. I.e. the relative viability of silver v. premium ships has nothing to do with that option.

Players
4 posts
689 battles

Yes, it would make them more valuable as crew trainers than non-elited tech tree equivalents, once the tech-tree equivalent was elited they would be on par (just like in WoT & WoWp)

Shouldn't that be part of the reward for spending the same amount of money on a single piece of content (a tier 8 prem) as you would on a AAA title?