MrConway

Others

19 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,588 posts
2,397 battles

Captains,

Please leave any general feedback regarding the new other changes here.

We are particularly interested in your opinion of the new Zipangu port, map changes and Black Friday shipments.

Players
77 posts
9,391 battles

I hate the Zipangu change.  I loved the old one and now its gone. It was colourful and bright and beautiful, I always returned to it. Now I feel like a sailor without a home port :(

Please bring back the old Zipangu port as an additional option.

[R-C-A]
Players
1 post
801 battles
Am 22.11.2018 um 12:03, Teekesselchen sagte:

I hate the Zipangu change.  I loved the old one and now its gone. It was colourful and bright and beautiful, I always returned to it. Now I feel like a sailor without a home port :(

Please bring back the old Zipangu port as an additional option.

I agree to some extent.

Winter theme is okay, considering the season. However, the new Music kinda sucks. I rly loved the pre Patch Zipangu Music. It's the only reason I never used any other port. Their Background Music is by far not as impressive and soothing as Zipangu was.

Soo right now, I really don't know which port to take, as I can't listen to their music for any longer than 30 seconds.

I just hope, WG brings back original Zipangu spring 2019.

Greetings

[UNICS]
Players
3,227 posts
12,644 battles

I like the new Storm effect. Very nice.

Maybe add a small pop-up when you press 'ctrl' in battle and hover over the Storm warning, just with a small description what and how it affects gameplay. Tough to remember all the small nuances....

Edit: I found the effective changes of the storm is shown when you press ctrl and hover over the ship icon down left. Nice, although, I wonder how many players notice it.

• Cool 3

[BAD-B]
Players
809 posts
2,440 battles

Can somebody explain to me the Replay naming convention ? There seems to be a map name part to the replay name, but what map is Gold Harbor ? OC_bees_to_honey ??? NE_passage ???

Come on WG, can't you do even simple things correctly ?

[ADRIA]
Players
4,859 posts
6,926 battles
2 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

Can somebody explain to me the Replay naming convention

I think those are the names those maps had while they were in development, you can find the list (with both names) here:

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Maps

2 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

Gold Harbor ? OC_bees_to_honey ??? NE_passage ???

Haven, Hotspot and Strait - in that same order

[BAD-B]
Players
809 posts
2,440 battles
10 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

I think those are the names those maps had while they were in development, you can find the list (with both names) here:

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Maps

Haven, Hotspot and Strait - in that same order

Thanks ... it's rather absurd that WG can't do these simple things right.

Also I think you have to use the same client version for the replay to work ? Would be good to have the client version in the replay filename somewhere ....

[ADRIA]
Players
4,859 posts
6,926 battles
7 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

Also I think you have to use the same client version for the replay to work?

Uhh, yes and no.

The general simple way to look at it is - yes. Patch 0.7.11 plays replays from Patch 0.7.11

But there tend to be exceptions

• For example, a minipatch - like 0.7.11.1 - will still generally play replays from 0.7.11, just that they might (might, but don't have to be) be a little buggier in some aspects. Generally fine tho
  • Sometimes you can get an older replay working in the new patches aswell - for example when Jingles uploaded my Charles Baguette game I had played it in patch 0.7.7 (before french got their Reload Boosters), but Jingles recorded it on patch 0.7.8. Replay worked perfectly fine, just that it showed a RB on my CM (which I didn't actually have while playing - hence why I never used it) and I was firing with 1s seemingly left on the reload (as in 7.7 CM has 10s reload, but in 7.8 it was nerfed to 11s). So small bugs like that in case it works. If it doesn't you probably won't even be able to launch it, it will just crash while loading / right after loading

7 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

Would be good to have the client version in the replay filename somewhere .... 

It's not quite in the filename but...

Right-click the replay -> Open With -> Notepad

There right away you'll see...

"clientVersionFromXml": "0, 7, 11, 1194326"

...the exact precise version of the client (^ that one is what we have right now)

So you kind-of can find it :cap_like:

[-RT-]
Supertester
244 posts
5,620 battles

On lowest graphics settings, there is no lighting on ships from one side and the port is in general extremely dark.

shot-18_12.10_19_07.30-0905.thumb.jpg.350ed42215a6b779542373b1493f0341.jpg

[BAD-B]
Players
809 posts
2,440 battles
17 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Uhh, yes and no.

The general simple way to look at it is - yes. Patch 0.7.11 plays replays from Patch 0.7.11

But there tend to be exceptions

• For example, a minipatch - like 0.7.11.1 - will still generally play replays from 0.7.11, just that they might (might, but don't have to be) be a little buggier in some aspects. Generally fine tho
  • Sometimes you can get an older replay working in the new patches aswell - for example when Jingles uploaded my Charles Baguette game I had played it in patch 0.7.7 (before french got their Reload Boosters), but Jingles recorded it on patch 0.7.8. Replay worked perfectly fine, just that it showed a RB on my CM (which I didn't actually have while playing - hence why I never used it) and I was firing with 1s seemingly left on the reload (as in 7.7 CM has 10s reload, but in 7.8 it was nerfed to 11s). So small bugs like that in case it works. If it doesn't you probably won't even be able to launch it, it will just crash while loading / right after loading

It's not quite in the filename but...

Right-click the replay -> Open With -> Notepad

There right away you'll see...

"clientVersionFromXml": "0, 7, 11, 1194326"

...the exact precise version of the client (^ that one is what we have right now)

So you kind-of can find it :cap_like:

Thanks for the info ... again something one cannot get from official sources and has to turn to other players that now have somewhat less hair due to these little issues ....

• Cool 1

[_DAN_]
Beta Tester
64 posts
8,147 battles

Well i like to have the blacklist working as intended , it working in the port , but i like to see work in battle as well
sujestion.

1. blacklist playes  cant revice any information from thease persons
2. it should work in port and in battles
3. mabee letting people have an option on turning off the battle chat completely . Some persons er Really is very rude and evil people out there .

4. block the stats mods and factor in game battles , people use the stats to hammer on other people this need to be stoped , not every one is unicum players but they dont need to get hammer/flame / name calling ect.

i play with out mods and dont care much about my stats i use the game to relax and well i get called atlot of names like tomato ect... from people using stats mods , its rude , its hurt full and shouldnt be like that just becouse you have stats

in the game. i played over 155 ships so yes my stats well never get better becouse som ships i throw out of my sight right after i played them and som of them you cant get back , but when that is said , i dont care for the stats in game
and i have no plans on getting to ESL team or anythig but i do think that people like me that do not care for thease stats shouldnt get flamed in battles and in port and its time to do something about it wargaming.

Players
2 posts
1,520 battles

Dear World of Warship crew,

I have played you game for a few years now.

If I want, I can boil those years down to two words.

[edited]great.

There is just one thing, and yes it has to do with me being Dutch.

Why is the ‘’mighty’’ Dutch navy not included.

Now I know we are a small country.

But we ruled the world ones you know.

Now I’m not expected a full tech-tree.

I mean, if you want to do that, you have my blessing.
But please, just one or two ships or so.

I’ll hope to hear from you.

My regards

neopunks

poster-Dutch-Navy-1024x847.jpg

• Cool 2

[ADRIA]
Players
4,859 posts
6,926 battles
1 hour ago, Hexxas said:

1. blacklist playes  cant revice any information from thease persons

No, only typed messages are blocked. In port and in game, that's already there. Pings do not get stopped

1 hour ago, Hexxas said:

3. mabee letting people have an option on turning off the battle chat completely .

There's a mod for that

1 hour ago, Hexxas said:

from people using stats mods

This isn't WoT you know, we don't have "stats mods" like XVM. What we do have is online resources like WoWS Numbers

https://wows-numbers.com/player/521628471,Hexxas/

And most people calling you a potato (again - tomato is a WoT not WoWS term) don't have the slightest clue what your stats are, you just did something they themselves didn't approve of. As simple as that.

[_DAN_]
Beta Tester
64 posts
8,147 battles

you dont get the point mate , there is a mod people use to see what other people have in stats that
mod its a tool for others to flame people with lesser stats and scores and tbh im tired of hearing
words "like tomato , noob , idiots" and so on, i think this an issue wargaming should take look at since
its very offending and nothing been done about it. blacklist does nothing in battle chat only in port ,
but im asking for an option that actualy can enforce that blacklist on all text chat ,
if you played wow you know you can set up the chat how you like in it , im looking for the same in this game
so i actualy can sort thouse not so nice persons from my game experience its an simple thing to do wargaming
please make it so.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,859 posts
6,926 battles
10 minutes ago, Hexxas said:

there is a mod people use to see what other people have in stats

No there isn't. This isn't WoT.

If you're referring to MM monitor - that's not a mod as it's an external program, and it shows exactly the same info that the WoWS Numbers shows, except that it shows only the ship you are playing in that exact game. And it's far from being popular, I know very few people who actually use it.

12 minutes ago, Hexxas said:

for others to flame people with lesser stats and scores

As I said, most of them doen't have the slightest clue what your stats are. They just call you a potato because they have no idea what you are doing.

13 minutes ago, Hexxas said:

very offending

Grow a thicker skin and ignore them

13 minutes ago, Hexxas said:

blacklist does nothing in battle chat only in port

False. Blacklist blocks you from seeing the blacklisted persons TYPED messages. Everything he types will not be shown to you. But as already mentioned TYPED messages don't include pings

• Bad 1

[_DAN_]
Beta Tester
64 posts
8,147 battles

3 years of this game and some still refuse to do someting about it , well thats lame , wargaming you should make that option to filter the chat ,
only reason for not having done that yet is becouse its not making you any money , but its needed and it can only improve on the game experince
if you let people filter the chat. and i do mean if you black list a player the player should not even be able to sent commands in the game
btw i could post the screen shot of the ticket i made to wargaming about this issue but then ill be breaking the policy on privatecy so i cant ,

just make that option to filter the chats

[ADRIA]
Players
4,859 posts
6,926 battles

@Hexxas Seeing how the discussion is going on here I don't see any reason to drag it outside of here, like in some random "comment on your profile". Keep it simple, keep it here

Also because of where you posted it quoting directly isn't possible so I'll just copy it in a single blob

27 minutes ago, Hexxas said:

honestly dude , you are one the worst people in game , you know i cant post the screen shot of what this dude was
doing to me and other becouse of Wargaming privatcy policy , and you dont know whats going on , there is a mod that
get the stats from the website and implement it to the game , so all thease 1337 players can see what they are up against ,
but the same mod is being used to flame lower ratings players and you say its not there , open you damm eyes !

why are you so much against a chat filter , could it be that you might be one of thouse not so nice persons ?

and when i say i had the person on the black list and this person still could trash talk me and my kids then its so ,
but you denied it like it is nothing , what kinda person are you ??

mabee you should stop saying no to that chat filter and help to get it , so every on gets a better game experince ,
but i take it you one of thouse persons that only want top of the line players to play the game and thats just very wrong
mentality to have !

- Ty

- You can post in-game screenshots here, just edit the guys name out. if it's particularly "offensive" you can censor (or partially censor) those "rude" words

- As I already said at least 2 times, there's no mod that shows you stats in-game. There are websites (like WoWS Numbers) where you can look up players, and then there are programs which you can run in the background (easier if you have them on a 2nd monitor) which take info from these same sites and display showing these players stats in the ship that they are playing in this match.

If you're so bothered with it you can always make your account "private" at which point noone except you will be able to check your stats

Usage of those, especially mid-game is extremely rare, I in all of my battles have seen maybe a couple examples of this. Again, it sounds like you're complaining about something that WoT has, just that in the WoWS forum from some reason.

And no, most of those whiners aren't good players, they're just clueless potatoes who have no clue what and why you just did. Sure, there will be a skilled competitive :etc_swear: here and there, but him calling you a potato is going to be more based on the fact that chances are you're lower skill than he is rather than him actually checking your stats.

- I don't care about the chat filter, it may be introduced, it may be ignored. Game has some far more pressing issues than that. I'm not bothered by the chat, and if I would be I'd simply blacklist the player. 2 have had the honor in the last 3 years.

- Blacklisted and still talking? Evidence or didn't happen. As simple as that. In my experience blacklist works exactly as intended down to the last point.

Players
2 posts
1,520 battles

Dear WoWS Crew,

In the past i asked a question.

Where is the Dutch ''SUPER Mighty'' Navy?
Now I understand that you are very busy, but Christmas and Newyear is almost over.

Please, come on, just one ship.
I do not blame you.
But just one ''OP ship'', please?

C,mon, we really can use it.

Again,
I’ll hope to hear from you.

My regards

neopunks

Sign in to follow this