Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrConway

Others

11 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,049 posts
2,170 battles

Captains,

Please leave any general feedback regarding the new other changes here.

We are particularly interested in your opinion of the new Zipangu port, map changes and Black Friday shipments.

[AONO]
Players
55 posts
8,686 battles

I hate the Zipangu change.  I loved the old one and now its gone. It was colourful and bright and beautiful, I always returned to it. Now I feel like a sailor without a home port :(

Please bring back the old Zipangu port as an additional option.

[ALYEN]
Players
619 posts
2,205 battles

WG, is there a way to make you NOT CHANGE MY PORT EVERY FREAKING PATCH ????

• Cool 4

[R-C-A]
Players
1 post
705 battles
Am 22.11.2018 um 12:03, Teekesselchen sagte:

I hate the Zipangu change.  I loved the old one and now its gone. It was colourful and bright and beautiful, I always returned to it. Now I feel like a sailor without a home port :(

Please bring back the old Zipangu port as an additional option.

I agree to some extent.

Winter theme is okay, considering the season. However, the new Music kinda sucks. I rly loved the pre Patch Zipangu Music. It's the only reason I never used any other port. Their Background Music is by far not as impressive and soothing as Zipangu was.

Soo right now, I really don't know which port to take, as I can't listen to their music for any longer than 30 seconds.

I just hope, WG brings back original Zipangu spring 2019.

Greetings

[UNICS]
Players
2,853 posts
11,803 battles

I like the new Storm effect. Very nice.

Maybe add a small pop-up when you press 'ctrl' in battle and hover over the Storm warning, just with a small description what and how it affects gameplay. Tough to remember all the small nuances....

Edit: I found the effective changes of the storm is shown when you press ctrl and hover over the ship icon down left. Nice, although, I wonder how many players notice it.

• Cool 3

[ALYEN]
Players
619 posts
2,205 battles

Can somebody explain to me the Replay naming convention ? There seems to be a map name part to the replay name, but what map is Gold Harbor ? OC_bees_to_honey ??? NE_passage ???

Come on WG, can't you do even simple things correctly ?

[ADRIA]
Players
3,797 posts
6,526 battles
2 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

Can somebody explain to me the Replay naming convention

I think those are the names those maps had while they were in development, you can find the list (with both names) here:

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Maps

2 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

Gold Harbor ? OC_bees_to_honey ??? NE_passage ???

Haven, Hotspot and Strait - in that same order

[ALYEN]
Players
619 posts
2,205 battles
10 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

I think those are the names those maps had while they were in development, you can find the list (with both names) here:

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Maps

Haven, Hotspot and Strait - in that same order

Thanks ... it's rather absurd that WG can't do these simple things right.

Also I think you have to use the same client version for the replay to work ? Would be good to have the client version in the replay filename somewhere ....

[ADRIA]
Players
3,797 posts
6,526 battles
7 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

Also I think you have to use the same client version for the replay to work?

Uhh, yes and no.

The general simple way to look at it is - yes. Patch 0.7.11 plays replays from Patch 0.7.11

But there tend to be exceptions

• For example, a minipatch - like 0.7.11.1 - will still generally play replays from 0.7.11, just that they might (might, but don't have to be) be a little buggier in some aspects. Generally fine tho
  • Sometimes you can get an older replay working in the new patches aswell - for example when Jingles uploaded my Charles Baguette game I had played it in patch 0.7.7 (before french got their Reload Boosters), but Jingles recorded it on patch 0.7.8. Replay worked perfectly fine, just that it showed a RB on my CM (which I didn't actually have while playing - hence why I never used it) and I was firing with 1s seemingly left on the reload (as in 7.7 CM has 10s reload, but in 7.8 it was nerfed to 11s). So small bugs like that in case it works. If it doesn't you probably won't even be able to launch it, it will just crash while loading / right after loading

7 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

Would be good to have the client version in the replay filename somewhere .... 

It's not quite in the filename but...

Right-click the replay -> Open With -> Notepad

There right away you'll see...

"clientVersionFromXml": "0, 7, 11, 1194326"

...the exact precise version of the client (^ that one is what we have right now)

So you kind-of can find it :cap_like:

Supertester
242 posts
4,874 battles

On lowest graphics settings, there is no lighting on ships from one side and the port is in general extremely dark.

shot-18_12.10_19_07.30-0905.thumb.jpg.350ed42215a6b779542373b1493f0341.jpg

[ALYEN]
Players
619 posts
2,205 battles
17 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Uhh, yes and no.

The general simple way to look at it is - yes. Patch 0.7.11 plays replays from Patch 0.7.11

But there tend to be exceptions

• For example, a minipatch - like 0.7.11.1 - will still generally play replays from 0.7.11, just that they might (might, but don't have to be) be a little buggier in some aspects. Generally fine tho
  • Sometimes you can get an older replay working in the new patches aswell - for example when Jingles uploaded my Charles Baguette game I had played it in patch 0.7.7 (before french got their Reload Boosters), but Jingles recorded it on patch 0.7.8. Replay worked perfectly fine, just that it showed a RB on my CM (which I didn't actually have while playing - hence why I never used it) and I was firing with 1s seemingly left on the reload (as in 7.7 CM has 10s reload, but in 7.8 it was nerfed to 11s). So small bugs like that in case it works. If it doesn't you probably won't even be able to launch it, it will just crash while loading / right after loading

It's not quite in the filename but...

Right-click the replay -> Open With -> Notepad

There right away you'll see...

"clientVersionFromXml": "0, 7, 11, 1194326"

...the exact precise version of the client (^ that one is what we have right now)

So you kind-of can find it :cap_like:

Thanks for the info ... again something one cannot get from official sources and has to turn to other players that now have somewhat less hair due to these little issues ....

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this