You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrConway

Game Mechanics

16 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,050 posts
2,170 battles

Captains,

Please leave any general feedback regarding the new game mechanics here.

We are particularly interested in your opinion of the changes to the penetration mechanics of 280+mm shells versus destroyers.

[X_MAS]
Players
58 posts
6,590 battles

BB AP vs DDs:

I think the general concept is good. However i believe the application of it is wrong. 

My believe is that the mechanic should be governed by the distance. ie: above 10 km, only overpens, below 10km full pens possible.

We must not , in anyway, promoto the stupid yolo moves.

The new Snowstorm.

I honestly don't really like it. For a number of reasons, but the biggest is that it really hurts your vision (meaning eyes)

Beta Tester
290 posts
3,507 battles
6 hours ago, jako737 said:

BB AP vs DDs:

I think the general concept is good. However i believe the application of it is wrong. 

My believe is that the mechanic should be governed by the distance. ie: above 10 km, only overpens, below 10km full pens possible.

We must not , in anyway, promoto the stupid yolo moves.

The new Snowstorm.

I honestly don't really like it. For a number of reasons, but the biggest is that it really hurts your vision (meaning eyes)

Wouldnt the ability to full pen DDs below 10km result in stupid yolo moves from BBs then?

The effective fighting range of a DD is around 10km with firing range, torp ranges and radars at least at higher tiers, at low tiers its much shorter so your suggestion would render the mechanic change useless...

[MIRKO]
[MIRKO]
Players
49 posts
7,234 battles

Well... Just played an Iowa and got a single hit on a Harugumo - for only 19.1k. Had exactly the same story, but the other way around 1 match earlier, playing Harugumo and getting a lucky hit from a Montana, surviving on some 3-digit HP value.
Harugumo and Khaba are large DDs, I get it, but still, come on WG...

shot-18.11.29_12.08.51-0656.jpg

[X_MAS]
Players
58 posts
6,590 battles
19 ore fa, PapVogele ha scritto:

Wouldnt the ability to full pen DDs below 10km result in stupid yolo moves from BBs then?

The effective fighting range of a DD is around 10km with firing range, torp ranges and radars at least at higher tiers, at low tiers its much shorter so your suggestion would render the mechanic change useless...

The fact is the following: Above 10 km, it means you are sort of getting "sniped" (sort of) from a BB. Below 10 km, you are not. Below 10 km you should be taking your chances when getting near a BB.

I am disregarding completely the lower tiers. The game should not really be balanced around them, especially considering the BBs at low tiers are already rather ineffective.

As it is right now i feel DDs can get away way too much with stupid moves.

Beta Tester
290 posts
3,507 battles
4 hours ago, jako737 said:

The fact is the following: Above 10 km, it means you are sort of getting "sniped" (sort of) from a BB. Below 10 km, you are not. Below 10 km you should be taking your chances when getting near a BB.

I am disregarding completely the lower tiers. The game should not really be balanced around them, especially considering the BBs at low tiers are already rather ineffective.

As it is right now i feel DDs can get away way too much with stupid moves.

Really? Because making a stupid move in a DD = death. Making a stupid move in a BB = oh well, better turn around and heal up.

[X_MAS]
Players
58 posts
6,590 battles
4 ore fa, PapVogele ha scritto:

Really? Because making a stupid move in a DD = death. Making a stupid move in a BB = oh well, better turn around and heal up.

Did i ever said anything as such? I don't think so.

The goal however should not be to make all classes idiotproof. It's ridicolous that a Montana can't punish a shimakaze (or whatever) making an error and getting spotted so close to her, honestly.....Again, IMO it should be distance based

Beta Tester
290 posts
3,507 battles
10 hours ago, jako737 said:

Did i ever said anything as such? I don't think so.

The goal however should not be to make all classes idiotproof. It's ridicolous that a Montana can't punish a shimakaze (or whatever) making an error and getting spotted so close to her, honestly.....Again, IMO it should be distance based

So a shima ambushes a montana out of place and has to get punished because the Montana is a BB? What you’re suggesting is actually making BBs idiotproof, which they already are. 

I ambushed an NC today in my cossack, he hit me with AP, for a total of 10k damage, thats more than 50% of my healthpool, is that not punishing? 

But I guess you want for BBs to be able to blap everything left and right...

[X_MAS]
Players
58 posts
6,590 battles
3 ore fa, PapVogele ha scritto:

So a shima ambushes a montana out of place and has to get punished because the Montana is a BB? What you’re suggesting is actually making BBs idiotproof, which they already are. 

I ambushed an NC today in my cossack, he hit me with AP, for a total of 10k damage, thats more than 50% of my healthpool, is that not punishing? 

But I guess you want for BBs to be able to blap everything left and right...

Oh sure, considering i have 3 times more cruiser games than BB games i clearly want BBs to blap everything left and right, definetely a BBBaby.

i'm sorry, if he had the time and chance to shoot you, it was not a well executed ambush, period. I keep seeing zero point in your answers if not for accusing me to be  BBbaby. Do you have a point to make, or you just wanna keep going? I made my point. Now make yours. I maintain that above 10 km BBs should not be able to blap DDs, but under....no. 

Beta Tester
290 posts
3,507 battles

And I maintain that no ship should be able to blap another ship as easily as BBs do, I maintain that BBs should actually have a counter rather than dominate every single thing in the game.

If you enable a BB to consistently blap DDs  closer than 10km (which is the range that most DDs would operate) NOTHING can keep that BB from just rushing down a smoke or a suspected DD location and blapping the DD, most high tier DDs cant even blap a BB at full health even if they hit with all their torpedoes.... yet you want to give that power to a BB that can hit much more consistently....

[1-GSG]
Players
2 posts
1,556 battles

I know i'm kinda late to the party about CVs because of the upcoming update with the rework, however i just need to vent some steam.

I am sick and tired of being instantly destroyed by two AP bomb squadrons mere 2 minutes into a game, three games in a row now with my Tirpitz and Bismarck the enemy american CV zeroes me out and deletes me from the match even before i can fire my guns.

In my opinion AP bombs are ludicrously overpowered and should've never have been implemented as they RUIN games for catpains with thinner deck armor.

• Cool 1

[B-B-C]
Players
14 posts
5,097 battles

I'm just noticing more Yolo DD's in higher tiers because well the risk is much lower now.

And the Graf Spee was already crap at taking out DD's with it's cross eyed gunners and 6 shells.

The 900 damage for HE (vs 600 AP 10%) is barely doing anything more when only 1 out of 6 shells get RNGd on the target, two if you are lucky.

At least the Scharnhorst has more secondaries that probably do as much damage to close range DD's as its main guns so thats balanced I guess?

[ALYEN]
Players
620 posts
2,207 battles

The BB AP change got me killed quite a few times in the Khabarovsk ... I always forget that the ship is an exception from the rule ....

[ADRIA]
Players
3,806 posts
6,533 battles
5 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

The BB AP change got me killed quite a few times in the Khabarovsk

Seeing how for Khaba and Harugumo literally NOTHING has changed, how exactly that change got you killed?

5 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

I always forget that the ship is an exception from the rule ....

Yeah, that's not the change killing you

[ALYEN]
Players
620 posts
2,207 battles
10 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Seeing how for Khaba and Harugumo literally NOTHING has changed, how exactly that change got you killed?

Yeah, that's not the change killing you

Well it is ... if you play 6-7 OTHER DDs you tend to forget to switch that information when playing the Khaba ... :-)