You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrConway

Game & Balance Improvements

56 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,050 posts
2,170 battles

Captains,

Please leave any general feedback regarding the new game and balance improvements here.

We are particularly interested in your opinion of the changes to matchmaking, secondaries and the buffs made to IJN ships.

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
2,872 posts
10,379 battles

I have seen a Tirpitz player complain that he's constantly top tier. This is a good thing. I wonder how this will influence T7 MM and the fact that ships at t8 receive access to the Concealment System Mod 1, making them stealthier than lower tier ships. This may lead to a sharp drop in T7 performance in the future, but that remains to be seen.

I have tested the IJN gun changes on the Akatsuki. They give the IJN DDs a certain kick, to the point that now I would be wary of hunting them down in a DD not clearly designed to hunt other DDs.

I have yet to test other changes to the ships, like the IJN cruisers and secondaries, but after experiencing the changes already there I look forward to them.

[AONO]
Players
55 posts
8,701 battles

You broke Yueyang. It's a dead ship now.

It may have been slightly overperforming in winrate, but not terribly so. In clan battles it was dominant for a long time due to the radar, but changing meta especially around radar cruisers frequently pushed it back to other destroyers with their ability to smoke up players. In random battles, radar Yueyang was not particularly popular even amongst very good players, and she was not a problem there. Yes she may have overperformed a little in terms of winrate because good players were indeed able to carry hard with the radar, but it was not an opponent that was particularly frustrating compared to many other mechanics in hte game. And if played with Smoke, it never was a problematic ship in any way. Also not many people played it to begin with.

This 33% gun nerf plus torpedo reload nerf is completely ridiculous. You destroyed a ship that was fairly fine until here. Now its not even a proper T10 anymore compared to the pretty good T9 ship. If you wanted to change anything about YY, nerf the radar a little. Put it down to 10 seconds or so.

The fact that you don't even list her in your request for feedback is very, very odd because its the most significant balance change in the patch by far. The other changes are all fine, some of them long overdue (like Ibuki buff), not much to say about that. But the YY nerf... what the absolute hell WG. I can't imagine that you ever got any positive feedback on this.

• Cool 4

[UNICS]
Players
45 posts
16,244 battles

(Not sure if i am right here.)

I personally think its not accurate to call this balanced MM. (cruiser and dd)

I had 2 games like that.

Spoiler

And of course we lost the game.

shot-18.11.22_13.03.36-0707.jpg

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
2,872 posts
10,379 battles

The changes to IJN cruiser dispersion and the Myoko turret traverse buff are nice, the Myoko buff can be really felt in the ships performance. Atago is still under performing, as the 16s reload is just too long for tier 8 and the improved accuracy doesn't compensate that.

PS: After playing some more I can see that the new MM will really shake the meta and make T6 and T7 struggle against T8s more.

• Cool 3

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,660 posts
14,945 battles

Well I have to say that the Buffs to Cossack are EPIC.... Cossack was already a great ship, but with that new Turret traverse buff (50%) and the torpedo reload buff, this has now gone from a great ship to a truly outstanding mini cruiser. 

I have now taken the decision to sell off all my T8 non premium DD's, so sayonara Kagero, see y'all later Benson,  proshchay

Kiev and Ognevoi, Auf Wiedersehen, Z23, toodle pip Lightning, chai-kian Hsienyang....

The Cossack in its' current form now makes ALL other Tier 8 DD's obsolete, want American Guns? Japanese concealment, Russian Survivability and Hydro to boot.... get a Cossack, get grinding those Guineas guys !

[VKFO]
Players
1 post
1,281 battles

Yueyang 

I started up the match, first thing i sail into is Gearing (should be and equal match).... Nope gearing had 50% hp left and i was dead, (i hit him with EVERY shell) 

Yueyang is totally unplayable now, cant use its main guns anymore and it sure as hell cant use its torps. 

If anything should be changed with this ship it should be its Radar. Not its entire Arsenal. 

Thank you Wargaming for making me stop playing this game. 

• Cool 1

[HHOTN]
Players
4 posts
5,177 battles

Nerfing YEUYANG is totally wrong.... game suxs even more by being bashed by cv's, bloody radar everywhere and I can't even defend against other dd's.

Well done on.

Suggestion to make game better... reduce Russian radar range on CC's !:!!! But you won't because your russian !!!

I am seriously considering looking at investing in other games as this game has a serious bias to cruisers and BB's

[SWD]
Players
2 posts
1,009 battles

Matchmaking just as bad as it was I have had four battle with the same type of line up mainly tier10 ships with a few tier8 ships.

One very big difference is my Tier8 Hipper (Cruiser) can now loose Credits if I don't get x amount of damage in the battle.

Even wining a battle with my team I lost credits not sure if its the same for the other tier8 DD's or BB's

35969834_Screenshot(15).thumb.png.c96942b6a0882c086a170b5c4e4f0a39.png

[SNUBS]
[SNUBS]
Players
6 posts
7,668 battles

8 games in T8 destroyers, after six times in a T10 match I finally got my first T8 match, after that straight to T10 again.

So its either a bug or just marketing bull.

I remember my stock Bismarck, being in 22 T10 matches out of 27. I stopped playing T8 BBs then and basically cruisers too.

I don't mind being uptiered in a japanese DD, but its quite tough in a gunboat. Especially in this disgusting matches which only 1 alibi t8, thats only ridicoulos.

Very disappointing.

And what happend to the BB AP-Shells? I find lots of heated discussions on the forum, but didn't find any effect of this nerf ingame.

In the Jervis I lost about 90% of my health to a Missouri salvo while running away from a cap, so he hit me almost from behind.

He instantly gave me his condolences ;-)

So far this is the first patch in WoWS for me which is mostly useless. Well, got my Yue just on tuesday and had my first game in it, obviously this seems to be a good thing now ;-)

Players
23 posts

Yeuyang - only got one thing say in regards to these nerfs, Wargaming please for the love of god stop smoking crack, come down of you're high and maybe you will realise YOU *Edited  UP BIG TIME.

*Edited

[ITA-A]
Players
197 posts
22,973 battles
12 hours ago, Teekesselchen said:

You broke Yueyang. It's a dead ship now.

It may have been slightly overperforming in winrate, but not terribly so. In clan battles it was dominant for a long time due to the radar, but changing meta especially around radar cruisers frequently pushed it back to other destroyers with their ability to smoke up players. In random battles, radar Yueyang was not particularly popular even amongst very good players, and she was not a problem there. Yes she may have overperformed a little in terms of winrate because good players were indeed able to carry hard with the radar, but it was not an opponent that was particularly frustrating compared to many other mechanics in hte game. And if played with Smoke, it never was a problematic ship in any way. Also not many people played it to begin with.

This 33% gun nerf plus torpedo reload nerf is completely ridiculous. You destroyed a ship that was fairly fine until here. Now its not even a proper T10 anymore compared to the pretty good T9 ship. If you wanted to change anything about YY, nerf the radar a little. Put it down to 10 seconds or so.

The fact that you don't even list her in your request for feedback is very, very odd because its the most significant balance change in the patch by far. The other changes are all fine, some of them long overdue (like Ibuki buff), not much to say about that. But the YY nerf... what the absolute hell WG. I can't imagine that you ever got any positive feedback on this.

Subscribe completely!

Z52 with 6 km sonar and smoke is now far better than Yueyang and his useless 20 seconds radar

Gaering with good guns and fast reload torps 10.5 km is now far better than Yueyang

Shimakaze with her stealth and salvo of 15 torps is now far better than Yueyang

Now ask yourself: How can Yueuyang contest a cap? 

Her torps are useless against DD.

Guns were the only system for Yueyang to face another DD. Without guns Yueyang is almost useless.

I cant believe WG developers dont understand this.

[ITA-A]
Players
197 posts
22,973 battles
8 hours ago, cherry2blost said:

Well I have to say that the Buffs to Cossack are EPIC.... Cossack was already a great ship, but with that new Turret traverse buff (50%) and the torpedo reload buff, this has now gone from a great ship to a truly outstanding mini cruiser.

No

Cossak with slow turret was a little underpowered.

Lightining was really better with fast turrets and fire, and she has also more torps.

Now is more balanced even if i think was better leave her previous torp reload....Just boost turrets.

Players
26 posts

Same problem at login. Must type the password again.

Container screen broken. I can hear sounds, no animation.

Balance, i heard about it, none found. Same +-2 tiers, 4 dd's without waiting or 1 dd and 6 bb's.

F3 does not always work, must type in chat "shoot that guy, please".

Many times if there are 2 ships in the same line and i shoot the second, shells fall into water near the first ship which is closer.

In coop, enemy bots shoot almost perfect, friendly bots are idiots, even better sometimes they will shoot or torp you.

Internet connection just fine, no torrents or downloads, ping between 33 and 99. Screen freezes and after 5-10 seconds u are 1 km away with half of life at best and wondering wtf...

[-HNC-]
Beta Tester
77 posts
6,012 battles

Havent noticed you changed the matchmaking.

Stil about 90% of any tier 8 i play at the moment are tier 10 matches.

It doesnt need a litle tweak, its needs such a change that maybe you get 25% in tens, maximum. Altough i wouldnt mind it beeing only 10%, as compensation for a year of this crap.

Anyways good luck with trying to sell your containers before this is fixed.:Smile_coin:

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,660 posts
14,945 battles
11 hours ago, OOAndreasOO said:

No

Cossak with slow turret was a little underpowered.

Lightining was really better with fast turrets and fire, and she has also more torps.

Now is more balanced even if i think was better leave her previous torp reload....Just boost turrets.

No, I have to disagree Cossack was perfectly balanced with the old set up, her 8 guns balanced out with slow traverse, now she can knife fight with more guns.... but thats not its party trick... that is brutalising cruisers and Battleships with IFHE rain of hell...

Players
58 posts
11,668 battles

I don't understand, the thread title is "Game & Balance Improvements", but where are they?

MatchMaking is even worse then before (didnt expect that to be possible, but hey, what you know, WG can make things worse more then anybody)

YY is said enough about. its fucked up.

the long term bugs are still not adressed / fixed, and their numbers are massive.

so.... except for the cruiser buf's, where are the game and balance improvements.

nope, waist of resources, waist of money.

just play the free game and not worth a single penny, cent or whatever.

Players
1 post
5,500 battles

I've had a few Kurfurst games today, and it has been very noticable that I can only do max 10% damage when firing on DD's with AP on the side... Even withinn 2 km, with a wounded shima with probably 25% health left, and most of my shells hitting on his side, he survives to launch all his torps...  I love playing agressive BB's (which most players, even DD'players, seem to want in the game), but secondaries are not really a viable threath to discourage DD's to come close to launch torps you really can't avoid, so you are encouraged to hang back far enough to avoid DD's all-together as you no longer have much of a viable tool to deal with them. HE you might say, but that is a joke for the most part (or unless you play the british BB line). More often than not, you have no time to switch ammo to HE and fire before a DD once again drop out of detection, so you are better off not bothering and instead selecting another target with AP loaded instead.

I understand DD player's has had a lot to whine about recently, but let's face it, it mostly comes down to being radared. Nothing upscales as well as a DD, so that always have that going for them in terms of MM as well.  I think this is the first time I've bothered writing on the forum, but as a lover of aggressive BB play, this change has been quite debilitating.  You simply have no reliable tool to deal with a DD any more up close and you are no longer encouraged to even fire at DD's when they pop up at longer ranges. I'm not a good DD player myself, but I actually find playing a DD to be easier than to play a BB aggressivly, but as a BB player you are by default the "big dumb tank" in the game, with no right to complain about anything it seems like and it is not going to get better for BB's once the CV changes make CV's a thing again either, as you will be forced to be on the move, turning (which means your turrents might struggle to keep up and on target a lot more etc).

If this is to remain and you actually want BB ålayers to engage more in the game, I suggest buffing secondaries accuracy across the board. Most brawling seconday ships have only had HE secondaries already and it is simply not enough (or even discouraging for DD's). Secondaries should also taget the SUPERSTRUCTURE on BB's, not the main hull itself. Who in their right mind would fire such guns on the tougher parts of a BB anyway?

• Cool 1

[FURYS]
Players
1 post
8,614 battles
I'm disgusted for the changes apply to yueyang. Increase his shooting rates by more 
than 30%, but it's big no matter what! and I do not even talk about torpedoes, in 
short you made it unplayable, I bought the official camouflage, what do I do now?
 I resell all blazer
personally I will stop buying camouflage ect

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,962 posts

The T8 matchmaker... Instead of being brutally violated in all orifices, now at least we get a little ointment for the pain, but the violation continues. It's still (too) brutal.

• Funny 1

[OLEUM]
Players
32 posts
13,021 battles

BB AP vs DDs

1. want to see a number on which you judged this to be "improvement"? How many dev strikes over a period do BBs deal to DDs? From my experience this is a complete fail change!

2. you are forcing BBs to ignore shooting DDs more and more.

3. you are forcing BBs to use HE more often and as anybody who can read, this is very popular. Once you load HE and DD happen to escape from visual range  in the meantime (of course this is quite likely) you unload it to whatever is around, reducing your dmg dealt in average.

4. you are forcing BBs to stay at more distance more and more.

5. this is increasing gap between DDs and other classes in ability to play the objective. It is enormously frustrating that when you loose all or most of DDs, game is over. And this is happening at least every other game. THIS CLASS IMBALANCE HAS TO BE ADDRESSED!!!

I am mostly CA player but would like to enjoy BBs more. Played Warspite and Vanguard recently more often. Frustration is reaching very high levels because of inability to deal with both DDs and CAs due to dispersion. Even shooting static onshore installations in operation with Warspite is ridiculously inaccurate on a ship known for being one of the most accurate. In average 1 out of 8 shells hit... So why is this change adding up to this NO FUN? I admit it was still very rare to hit DD and take down decent amount of HP, but this threat should exist. And sorry but argument that BB will still deal lot of dmg to DD when you land many shells is not funny at all because we know how this is probable. Maybe for specific group of shotgun ship with God RNG salvo (Lyon, and 12barrel BBs).

Other changes

1. buffs to IJN ships across the board - finally! Just afraid Ibuki might turn out to be a bit too strong. I liked it already in the shape it was before.

2.matchmaking for tier 8 - haven't noticed rly, still sucks a lot while I try to get something out Vanguard (more and more disappointing ship BTW) but having 2tier 8 instead of 1 in tier X battle doesn't look like a a change rly...Not that noticable so far.

3. Yueyang - fully supported change. Power creep removed after a looooooooong time.

4. too much of Halloween - oh man, it is one day in a year but it sticks in game for one more month. Was occupying scenarios slot for way too long already.

Players
23 posts
2 hours ago, G4tt4B0 said:

Other changes

1. buffs to IJN ships across the board - finally! Just afraid Ibuki might turn out to be a bit too strong. I liked it already in the shape it was before.

2.matchmaking for tier 8 - haven't noticed rly, still sucks a lot while I try to get something out Vanguard (more and more disappointing ship BTW) but having 2tier 8 instead of 1 in tier X battle doesn't look like a a change rly...Not that noticable so far.

3. Yueyang - fully supported change. Power creep removed after a looooooooong time.

4. too much of Halloween - oh man, it is one day in a year but it sticks in game for one more month. Was occupying scenarios slot for way too long already.

There is a difference between balancing a ship and completely murdering it.

[VETS]
Players
16 posts
3,353 battles

BB vs DD

1, As i do play DD i do like the idea of not being able to be instantly deleted.

2, From BB perspective, i don't like the change as it is, the reload to HE is a bit of an issue alot can happen in 30 seconds, the dispersion doesn't help either wait your 30 seconds for HE then fire a full salvo and completely surround the DD without a hit, this happens too often, but i think my main gripe is when you do get lucky and stuff a massive BB HE shell into a DD and save yourself... 780dmg :( do you really expect to live for another 30 seconds to get another salvo in ?  BB HE needs to have its minimum dmg per shell buffed substantially for the current system to work imho.