You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrConway

Clan Battle Season "North"

47 comments in this topic

Players
29 posts
4,297 battles

I hope I'm not missing something but it seems like the "FreeExp Train" Mission is not working properly. Here are some Screenshots.

shot-18_11.28_21_13.51-0710.thumb.jpg.9901fd42255595e84c55d32bec22bbd2.jpg

shot-18_11.28_21_13.55-0200.thumb.jpg.12ee989ee4242ea73a21d450b6a33b46.jpg

[ADRIA]
Players
3,790 posts
6,515 battles
13 minutes ago, ScienceWizard said:
Spoiler

I hope I'm not missing something but it seems like the "FreeExp Train" Mission is not working properly. Here are some Screenshots.

shot-18_11.28_21_13.51-0710.thumb.jpg.9901fd42255595e84c55d32bec22bbd2.jpg

shot-18_11.28_21_13.55-0200.thumb.jpg.12ee989ee4242ea73a21d450b6a33b46.jpg

@MrConway

Its working correctly just for some reason not shown there

6665 - 477 - 5234 = 954

And 954 is exactly those +200% you were looking for

• Cool 1

Players
29 posts
4,297 battles
14 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Its working correctly just for some reason not shown there

6665 - 477 - 5234 = 954

And 954 is exactly those +200% you were looking for

Huh, thanks you are right. Sometimes brain stops working.

[T_D_G]
[T_D_G]
Players
3 posts
9,966 battles

Hello mates,

our clan cant join the clanwars cause of a "bug" . We have a full division to play but we cant fix a battledate in the list with battletimes or start a fight with the division.

We would be happy about any smart answer how we could start the saison too. cause its a pain to see that there is still 3 hours time to play but get the small greyed message that the battlerounds for today has ended.

[BYOB]
Players
2,863 posts
10,343 battles

Out of all ranked seasons this has already been the least enjoyable of all.

Because of the hard divide between the clans that have Stalingrads and those that don't, any semblance of "skill" has been thrown out of the window.

Because of the lack of interest on the part of WG to offer a fair and balanced competitive environment I can't see any point in playing Clan Battles in the future.

[B0TS]
Players
120 posts
11,414 battles

Thanks for rewarding good players with the OP Stalingrad. They are utilising many per battle and I love it. Thanks WG for this. :Smile_sceptic:

Ruined Clan Wars for the common man. :Smile_sad:

P.S. You say it's not OP, then why play so many in your battles.

[ADRIA]
Players
3,790 posts
6,515 battles
42 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Because of the hard divide between the clans that have Stalingrads and those that don't, any semblance of "skill" has been thrown out of the window.

Except that

1. Stalingrad is far from a "we win" guarantee. Plenty of cases where clans with Stalingrads lose to clans without them
  2. If they have Stalingrads = they are gud. If you are not good enough they'd stomp you regardless of them picking the Stalingrad or no

It's nothing more than a cheap excuse for why you lost

35 minutes ago, Captain_Breeze said:

OP Stalingrad.

Funny how only people who don't have her actually consider her OP. Can't wait for the Christmas "Free Steel for EVERYONE" when you plebs will get your Stalins and we all will be able to laugh at your whine threads how Stalingrads suck

36 minutes ago, Captain_Breeze said:

then why play so many in your battles.

Montana is the to-go BB. Is it OP?

DM and Zao are picked in nearly every team. Are they OP?

Gearings and YYs (even post-nerf) still seem to dominate the DD picks. Are thy OP?

Or maybe those ships just fit well in the team because of some particular tactical reason?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[BYOB]
Players
2,863 posts
10,343 battles

Your hypocrisy is showing.

Also, WG should really consider whether they cater to all clans or the handful of hurricane ones. And change the CB model based on that.

• Cool 1

[SMOOT]
[SMOOT]
Players
7 posts
7,738 battles

With the Stalingrad in Clanbattle, clans without the Stalingrad have a realy hard time.

Today we got most battles with 2 or more Stalingrad`s, and lost the matches becouse the got "4 BB`s".

This ship is too Op for clanbatlles!!!

• Cool 1

[B0TS]
Players
120 posts
11,414 battles
1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Funny how only people who don't have her actually consider her OP. Can't wait for the Christmas "Free Steel for EVERYONE" when you plebs will get your Stalins and we all will be able to laugh at your whine threads how Stalingrads suck

Funny how people that DO have her say she's not OP. Typical. She is OP. And your opinion is invalid as you are a renowned stirrer. Straight away with the name calling (Pleb) looking down your nose at lesser players....you are a WoWs snob @wilkatis_LV, You think you are so much better than others. You can stick your opinion where the sun don't shine.

I play with many people better the you @wilkatis_LV who confirm that it is OP. I was merely venting to WG, but was well aware that this argument would arise, nice that you did it and called me a Pleb in doing so. Such a nice way to respond.

• Cool 1

[HOME]
Players
638 posts
7,855 battles

Luckily with the Christmas events everyone will be able to get steel and in time, a stalingrad. So in the next Clan battles season every team, from gale to hurricane, will be able to field stalingrads. It can't be OP if everyone has them. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
3,790 posts
6,515 battles
29 minutes ago, IronEagel said:

With the Stalingrad in Clanbattle, clans without the Stalingrad have a realy hard time.

If you meet clans like OMNI, TTT, WGP2W and so on - basically the clans that have played all 3 seasons at a high enough level to get those Stalingrads - it doesn't matter if they have the Stalingrad or no. You will have a hard time. They are all good players, expect them to play good.

Stalingrad is nothing more than an excuse

12 minutes ago, Captain_Breeze said:

Funny how people that DO have her say she's not OP.

Most likely that's because she's not.

She's a combination of amazing guns, high speed in a straight line and.... nothing else that's interesting.

Effective armour worse than on Moskva due to its angling, the bow 50mm plating sits way lower. Stalingrad herself is nearly the size of a GK, and maneuvers about as good as the average island, has massive easily punishable citadel. Hindy and IFHE HIV can just freely HE spam her anywhere, the bow + stern + rather massive superstructure gives plenty of space for every other cruiser and even DD HE. Fires last longer than on a cruiser, it doesn't have BBs Dmg-Con immunity times. Best of all - she's spotted across the whole map even when fully concealment-built. And DDs have 2.2km free zone where they can spot her without ever worrying about being radared in return. Oh, and just like in BBs - firing from smoke with Stalingrad? Yeah, no, you'll be instantly spotted (14.9km).

Stuff like this has been explained again and again in so many threads. Your ignorance to all that doesn't make it OP.

Then again, WG not letting you check her armour unless you have her / have a extended tech tree mod installed doesn't help either.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[PEEW]
[PEEW]
Players
19 posts
9,524 battles
On 12/2/2018 at 11:56 PM, wilkatis_LV said:

Most likely that's because she's not. 

Mate, even an slightly above avarage player, wo has a really bad PR on the Stalingrad cant argue about the avarage damage. I mean, your PR is 746 and you 72k damage avarage on your Salem you have nearly the same amount of avarage damage with doubeled PR.

Stalin is too powerfull for a Cruiser. Sure you can burn it down but i takes ages. But i think the improved AP angles are the real problem. Its really hard to angle against it, while its easy for the Stalin to do so. It just has too many strenght. Armour, HP, Radar, Caliber, Pen Angles, Shell Velocity, Shell Arks.

On 12/2/2018 at 11:56 PM, wilkatis_LV said:

They are all good players, expect them to play good.

You also have a Stalingrad, you dont play well in it and overall you are worse than me(you pleb :Smile_trollface: ), while I dont have this ship. -> Your argument is invalid^^.

Seriously we played against a couple of clans who also agreed that the Stalin is broken, but they have to take it because of the Meta and I dont blame them. I blame WG. It would be ok to use this ship in Randoms but in compeditive mode it was probably the worst idea they had.

[ADRIA]
Players
3,790 posts
6,515 battles
12 minutes ago, Iniour said:

I mean, your PR is 746 and you 72k damage avarage on your Salem you have nearly the same amount of avarage damage with doubeled PR.

So you compare a ship who can be played by literally anyone to a ship which is nearly exclusively played by highly-skilled players, and you wonder where the PR difference comes from?

Do you have any clue how PR works? It takes your performance and compares it to the average of the ship. That's why your PR can change without you playing the ship.

Salems average is going to be.... average. Good players, average players, potatoes... Everyone can play har, thus the average will be average

If you look at stalingrad - average of unicum is still unicum.

As I and so many others have said - it's the PLAYER not the ship.

Hell, just compare the highest PR of those 2. Salem - 3019 vs Slatingrads 1797. The higher the PR, the more performance differences players have on it.

Also great sample size of total 20 games played between those 2 ships. Definitely shows something, not like a single game can completely change those stats.

18 minutes ago, Iniour said:

Stalin is too powerfull for a Cruiser.

Could it be it's because she's a battlecruiser not a CA or a CL? She's too weak for a BB aswell. Who knew that's a thing?!

BCs are not separated out as a separate class in this game, thus some of them end up as "cruisers", some as "battleships". This label doesn't mean much.

Oh, also, while her guns are way better than anything any other cruiser has - at least as far as I know - she's way too massive and maneuverable for a cruiser aswell. Again, I and others have already mentioned that plenty of times

20 minutes ago, Iniour said:

Sure you can burn it down but i takes ages.

You know what's the funniest thing about burning someone down? While ignoring heals...

• 1 fire needs total 304s to kill a ship
  • 2 fires need total 152s to kill  a ship
  • 3 fires need total 102s to kill  a ship
  • 4 fires need total 76s to kill  a ship

Note the lack of a ship class added. You know why? Fire does the exact same 0.33% of max hp to every single ship. And guess what - Stalingrad with her massive size (which means easier to hit & you'll land more shells on it) is as easy to light up as a BB (since fire resistances also are tier not class locked), and with 45s long fires (while cruisers get 30s) she burns way way better than any other CA.

So before you complain that Stalingrad doesn't burn, start complaining how other cruisers are even harder to burn down

25 minutes ago, Iniour said:

Its really hard to angle against it, while its easy for the Stalin to do so.

Stalins 305s overmatch 21mm of armour. Unless you are a DD angling vs her isn't that hard.And if you're a DD her AP only deals 10% dmg to you anyway.

Meanwhile Stalingrads 25mm plating, 16mm superstructure (which covers nearly all of her midships 50mm deck - basically it's like Montys 37mm deck being more or less useless), give you plenty of space to just HE spam her to death. + fires as already mentioned

29 minutes ago, Iniour said:

It just has too many strenght. Armour, HP, Radar, Caliber, Pen Angles, Shell Velocity, Shell Arks.

• Armour - far worse than on Moskva. You're a ship that's nearly GK sized, and your armour is flat instead of being naturally angled. 50mm belt is much lower, leaving large 25mm areas on bow and stern
  • HP - between a BB and a CA, just like a BC should be
  • Radar - 25s (30s) with 11.7km range which btw is 2.2km shorter than your detection range at full concealment build
  • Caliber - what advantage does this give, exactly? Higher alpha for longer reload? That's not an advantage, that's a tradeoff
  • Velocity & arcs - unless there is flat empty space between your turret and your target you can't hit them. Even relatively flat islands which you normally comfortably could shoot over will block your shots

33 minutes ago, Iniour said:

You also have a Stalingrad

Yes I do. Got my Typhoon wins all 3 seasons

34 minutes ago, Iniour said:

you dont play well in it

I don't play well in any cruiser. HIV is the closest I have to her, and that playstyle couldn't be more different. Something more similar to her would be the Salem - which I can't play as my closest actual ship to that is my t6 Pepsi.

Also sample size of 14 games, such solid grounds to make your assumptions upon

35 minutes ago, Iniour said:

you are worse than me

*khm* clearly *khm*

QhMG61a.png vs qL0YKvM.png

39 minutes ago, Iniour said:

Your argument is invalid^^

"I have no idea what I'm talking about while you clearly do, so I'll call your opinion invalid"

Please

40 minutes ago, Iniour said:

Seriously we played against a couple of clans who also agreed that the Stalin is broken, but they have to take it because of the Meta and I dont blame them. I blame WG. It would be ok to use this ship in Randoms but in compeditive mode it was probably the worst idea they had.

We have used Stalingrads couple times, more for the morale breaking effect than anything else (whining from people like you... priceless).

Meanwhile normally we don't even bother picking it, and *somehow* still manage to win vs clans who are running those Stalingrads. Almost as if it's not the ship, but the payers...

Players
269 posts
11,090 battles

Questionable scheduling for this Clan Wars season. If it must be in December and January, why not have a gap between 2018-12-25 and 2019-01-01? That's the busiest period for most.

Players
974 posts
8,120 battles

I've played a fair number of Clan battles with my new clan now. It doesn't seem to say how many exactly in the in-game profile menu but it has to be around maybe two, three dozen or more. Yet, on my WoWs.eu profile page, it says I have no Clan battles, and the Matchmaking monitor is also duped, telling people I played "less than ten games in the current ship".

Now I don't mind really, it's actually kind of a benefit because it makes many opponents tunnelvision fairly heavily on killing me, often turning them into easy prey for my team mates. But still. Is this because I only play rental ships? It does seem a bit buggy.

[ADRIA]
Players
3,790 posts
6,515 battles
4 hours ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

Yet, on my WoWs.eu profile page, it says I have no Clan battles

Team battles =/= Clan Battles

They are a very old thing, 1st test of CB concept you could say. CB doesn't get shown quite like other game modes

[BYOB]
Players
2,863 posts
10,343 battles

The ability of high league clans to seal club people by playing beta team has cost my clan a player. He quit after he faced several top tier clans having "fun" in squall gale league.

The clan I'm in has some casual guys playing beta team, to them the experience is horrible when they have to fight against highly competitive teams in low leagues.

There is no excuse for this behavior and there is no rationale for this to be possible.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[ADRIA]
Players
3,790 posts
6,515 battles
5 hours ago, Aragathor said:

The ability of high league clans to seal club people by playing beta team has cost my clan a player. He quit after he faced several top tier clans having "fun" in squall league.

Called this out last season when they introduced it, then during the season, then pretty sure I did it again after the season. Did it before this season aswell.

WGs response? We like how it works.

And surprisingly enough there are players standing by them agreeing that it's great. Somehow

As I have said before - some "lower skill" members in high level clans getting their potential "fun" ruined vs doubling the sealclubbing in lower levels, how exactly is the 1st of those getting more weight in that argument?

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
2,863 posts
10,343 battles
1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Called this out last season when they introduced it, then during the season, then pretty sure I did it again after the season. Did it before this season aswell.

WGs response? We like how it works.

And surprisingly enough there are players standing by them agreeing that it's great. Somehow

As I have said before - some "lower skill" members in high level clans getting their potential "fun" ruined vs doubling the sealclubbing in lower levels, how exactly is the 1st of those getting more weight in that argument?

I looked up the stats for those players the beta team lost to. The discrepancy was crushing. They never had a chance. And what's worse, some teams weren't that great but they had one or two alpha level players acting as anchors.

My clan tries to put the most experienced CB players in alpha to push the general rating. The rest of the clan rotates through beta team.

The teams beta played against? They had experienced guys telling the others what to expect and what to do. Having someone who knows the map and tactics is worth an extra player.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
269 posts
11,090 battles

Ok, so your clan has chosen to leave its less skilled players players to fend for themselves, and that's everyone else's fault? You can see what other clans are doing to make sure their players enjoy CB, so you know how to fix this yourselves much quicker than anything WG can do.

[TENGO]
Players
290 posts
9,072 battles
17 hours ago, Aragathor said:

The ability of high league clans to seal club people by playing beta team has cost my clan a player. He quit after he faced several top tier clans having "fun" in squall gale league.

The clan I'm in has some casual guys playing beta team, to them the experience is horrible when they have to fight against highly competitive teams in low leagues.

There is no excuse for this behavior and there is no rationale for this to be possible.

uhm... okay?

Ever thought about that the "top" clans have more than seven members and that they all want to fight clan battles and therefore not to hinder the main ratings progress have to que up somewhere usually even leave the lower leagues very quick and it works for the same for the second ratings of that clans as well....

[ADRIA]
Players
3,790 posts
6,515 battles
3 hours ago, The_Reichtangle said:

uhm... okay?

Ever thought about that the "top" clans have more than seven members and that they all want to fight clan battles and therefore not to hinder the main ratings progress have to que up somewhere usually even leave the lower leagues very quick and it works for the same for the second ratings of that clans as well....

Ever thought that all the players in the top clans can play CB in their A rating as they've earned their place to be in the clan already? A potato wouldn't be accepted in them.

And yes. a single clan leaves those low ratings quickly. But when you have the whole Gold, Typhoon and Hurricane  going through Bronze & Silver once with their A rating, and then ANOTHER time with their B rating, it's not just a single clan playing a few games, it's a large portion of playerbase going right at sealclubbing

And as those who are clubbed all the time start giving up on CB other clans of their level start losing their ability to be matched against clans of their level and get clubbed even more. Just look at the last season and how that one died out

• Cool 1