Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrConway

Twilight Battle

21 comments in this topic

Players
958 posts
8,054 battles

In the description, it says "The Filth will be seizing more and more of the sea’s surface, narrowing the safe zone for your ships. Beyond the safe zone, ships rapidly lose their HP!"

That doesn't make sense. The premise of the whole thing is that now we're on the other side. Players are the bad guys and drive the baddies' ships. The Filth is supposed to heal the Denizens of Rasputin, not hurt them. It should therefore be the other way round: players should be permantly within The Filth, with the disgustingly Ffilthtless real world encroaching upon them.

• Cool 3

[NUNC]
Players
19 posts
14,297 battles

Maybe I'm missing something, but none of the other ships are unlocking, even after getting more then 5 wins.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,014 posts
2,167 battles
15 hours ago, fobgrvt said:

Maybe I'm missing something, but none of the other ships are unlocking, even after getting more then 5 wins.

They will be unlocked November 30th, check out the portal article :)

[NWP]
Players
1,678 posts
11,698 battles

Would be nice to see how much HP you generated for your team (and maybe even give XP for it as you are assisting your team?).

I do feal that teamwork is vital in this mode cause the healing power is amazing, so if you don't outright kill a ship it will regen very quickly.

The radar of 15 km is maybe a bit over the top, it's short range but makes you very powerfull.

The AP and citadel vulnerability for both cruiser and BB is spot on: no more stupid broadside sailing: you will get punished. Now if you could only implement this in the normal modes?

[T-N-T]
Players
1,817 posts
8,856 battles

Umm, @MrConway is it intended Twilight battles give 0, nada, nothing towards the Hall of Fame? Because, I mean even Arms Race did, Coop does. Hell Twilight battles count for the actual missions/directives.

But after completing the four weekly stages and unocking the Hall of Fame, you might as well not play at all.

• Cool 1

[T-N-T]
Players
1,817 posts
8,856 battles
3 hours ago, Empress_Vera said:

Why isn't Nobilium in Twilight Battles? :cap_hmm:

You mean the Great Gorgon, right? Funnily among two camouflages I got, that one was first...

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,014 posts
2,167 battles
On 11/25/2018 at 12:53 AM, Toivia said:

Umm, @MrConway is it intended Twilight battles give 0, nada, nothing towards the Hall of Fame? Because, I mean even Arms Race did, Coop does. Hell Twilight battles count for the actual missions/directives.

But after completing the four weekly stages and unocking the Hall of Fame, you might as well not play at all.

I'll pass that on!

• Cool 1

[T-N-T]
Players
1,817 posts
8,856 battles
7 hours ago, MrConway said:

I'll pass that on!

Please tell them to fix it fast, I don't know how long I can withstand those potatoes in my team that never use consumables and run straight into the filth the moment any enemy is spotted. Can't withstand that much idiocy without rewards.

Players
1,396 posts
14,389 battles

I like the variety in play styles, every ship has a unique role. I also like the focus on team play, Steelrat in particular. I had a low-damage battle with this one but I healed a lot and I got more than 2k base XP. WG knows how to reward team play after all. :cap_like:

Keep it coming with these crazy ideas. The operations, especially the Halloween ops are a lot of fun to play and the same goes for Twilight. Speaking of fun modes, how are the chances for a bathtub revival? :Smile_child:

[PORT]
Modder
1,472 posts
10,725 battles

Yes, the more I play it, the more I like it. And normally I don't play pvp. 

PS: I miss my submarines.:Smile_trollface:

[T-N-T]
Players
1,817 posts
8,856 battles
On 11/26/2018 at 1:53 PM, MrConway said:

I'll pass that on!

So week's gone by, umm:

shot-18-12-02-00-09-27-0240.jpg

Any chance on fixing that before Twilight battles are removed?

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,014 posts
2,167 battles
On 12/2/2018 at 12:13 AM, Toivia said:

So week's gone by, umm:

shot-18-12-02-00-09-27-0240.jpg

Any chance on fixing that before Twilight battles are removed?

Unfortunately its not a case of "we'll just go and fix it", as the mode was intentionally not included.

I have passed on the feedback.

[T-N-T]
Players
1,817 posts
8,856 battles
3 hours ago, MrConway said:

Unfortunately its not a case of "we'll just go and fix it", as the mode was intentionally not included.

Oh, I gathered it was an oversight from your previous reply. I suppose Clan battles are also intentionally not included then.

Oh well, no camos for me this week.

Players
958 posts
8,054 battles

I don't see a agood reason not to have a "Battle on" button like in Random etc. Unlike Operations, you can play all the ships again right away after a battle. There isn't even the rsk to run out of camos and inadvertently go naked into the next game. So why force players to go back to port?

[T-N-T]
Players
1,817 posts
8,856 battles
37 minutes ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

I don't see a agood reason not to have a "Battle on" button like in Random etc. Unlike Operations, you can play all the ships again right away after a battle. There isn't even the rsk to run out of camos and inadvertently go naked into the next game. So why force players to go back to port?

Good point, that does slow you down.

Anyway, I have to say that as far as new battle modes go, Arms Race was a lot more enjoyable than Twilight. So far Twilight is an extremely campy type of battle where typically the more cautious (read "campy") team wins as the enemy loses patience and charges one by one. That's also why I haven't been able to make Varg work at all. 11km range is simply not enough in that campy environment.

[T-N-T]
Players
1,817 posts
8,856 battles

Hmm, now I have unlocked all of the ships and oh my are the BBs useless (the unlockable two). Varg is only good at ramming enemy BBs but good luck getting near. You die within 2 Leviathan salvoes regardless of angling because Bismarck superstructure. And you have a really pitiful heal to try and balance that. Rasputin has an even worse heal (seriously, Ghoul heals much more reliably and faster with its puny heal) and only 2 stock as well. Not to mention the guns on both Varg and Rasputin are pretty useless compared to Leviathan.

I'm really scratching my head as to what point these two unlockable BBs have in this mode.

[T-N-T]
Players
1,817 posts
8,856 battles
On 12/3/2018 at 10:26 AM, MrConway said:

Well thank you. It now rewards wins in Twilight battles.

shot-18-12-10-01-19-57-0174.jpg

Sign in to follow this